Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 286838 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: International Watch
« Reply #1760 on: November 13, 2021, 05:13:33 pm »
That solution will not work. Guinea and Senegal will never be able to afford calling up Keita and Mane respectively.

you say that as if it's a bad thing.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1761 on: November 13, 2021, 08:48:35 pm »
Weird how everyone heard that rumour about Marilyn Manson back in the pre-internet days

What about Richard Gere and a gerbil?

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #1762 on: November 13, 2021, 10:20:57 pm »
I think it’s fair to say we’re all missing league football!
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1763 on: November 13, 2021, 10:23:30 pm »

Yes, but I won't deny more than a fair bit of enjoyment at yet another Dos a Cero contra Mexico...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1764 on: November 14, 2021, 08:45:14 am »
Henderson returned to Liverpool due to an injury and will be assessed according to Henry Winter
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 08:46:51 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1765 on: November 14, 2021, 08:47:40 am »
What a surprise. Just absolutely never ending.

It's my footballing dream to see us have a full squad for one football match.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1766 on: November 14, 2021, 09:26:15 am »
Henderson returned to Liverpool due to an injury and will be assessed according to Henry Winter

Should a journalist he the one doing the assessing?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1767 on: November 14, 2021, 09:54:57 am »
Sounds to me like he’s just being rested, same with Grealish, Sterling, Shaw etc. Bet they wouldn’t be heading home if they were playing Spain instead of San Marino.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1768 on: November 14, 2021, 07:31:21 pm »
Is Arsenal going to be one of those games the Brazilian lads miss?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1769 on: November 14, 2021, 07:39:55 pm »
Is Arsenal going to be one of those games the Brazilian lads miss?
wouldn't have thought so, Argentina game finishes about 1:30 on Wednesday morning
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1770 on: November 14, 2021, 08:06:36 pm »
Is Jota playing tonight?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1771 on: November 14, 2021, 08:07:26 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1772 on: November 14, 2021, 08:07:52 pm »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1773 on: November 14, 2021, 11:04:03 pm »

Is that the 3rd mid season fan break we've had this season so far, it feels like the season keeps starting and stopping all the time so we can avoid watching teams like North Macedonia and San Marino and just wait to see which of our players have survived.

It's just ridiculous the amount of pointless internationals there are, including those tedious friendlies where only Gareth Southgate is interested.

I thought the nations cup had been brought in to help this but all it did was increase the complexity and number of games.

Someone has to make it stop.

Although I do like some of the pictures, especially Tosser here in full pissed off mode, no doubt blaming his colleagues for not being as great as he is (wonder if he tracked back for those vital last few minutes)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 11:09:17 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1774 on: November 15, 2021, 04:27:29 am »
God, when will it be over, Tuesday? After the West Ham game this has been a depressing couple of weeks

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1775 on: November 15, 2021, 06:39:13 am »
It's amazing how much shite Jota is getting from the Portugal fans today. Apparently it's all his fault that Ronaldo couldn't make a clean pass, his fault that there was a lack of quality balls from midfield. No one is even prepared to admit how playing Ronaldo is a limited factor in how Portugal are set up. It's just laughable.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1776 on: November 15, 2021, 10:18:46 am »
Is that the 3rd mid season fan break we've had this season so far, it feels like the season keeps starting and stopping all the time so we can avoid watching teams like North Macedonia and San Marino and just wait to see which of our players have survived.

It's just ridiculous the amount of pointless internationals there are, including those tedious friendlies where only Gareth Southgate is interested.

I thought the nations cup had been brought in to help this but all it did was increase the complexity and number of games.

Someone has to make it stop.

There's two more breaks before the end of the season as well as the AFCON. Then there's Nation's League games throughout June and a mid-season World Cup next year.

Although I do like some of the pictures, especially Tosser here in full pissed off mode, no doubt blaming his colleagues for not being as great as he is (wonder if he tracked back for those vital last few minutes)

He'll score a penalty or a tap in in the play off final and get all the adulation and acclaim.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1777 on: November 15, 2021, 11:15:38 am »
It's amazing how much shite Jota is getting from the Portugal fans today. Apparently it's all his fault that Ronaldo couldn't make a clean pass, his fault that there was a lack of quality balls from midfield. No one is even prepared to admit how playing Ronaldo is a limited factor in how Portugal are set up. It's just laughable.
Hopefully he was shite and they stop calling him up. Im not remotely arsed how our players do on international duty other than they survive injury free. A lot of the Scotland fans used to slag robbo saying he was never as good for them as he was for Liverpool. Yep, and? im not arsed lads.
YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1778 on: November 15, 2021, 01:35:06 pm »
Hopefully he was shite and they stop calling him up. Im not remotely arsed how our players do on international duty other than they survive injury free. A lot of the Scotland fans used to slag robbo saying he was never as good for them as he was for Liverpool. Yep, and? im not arsed lads.

my feelings exactly.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 01:44:28 pm by SamLad »

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1779 on: November 15, 2021, 01:40:39 pm »
Worst thing about Portugal going into playoffs is that now they have competitive games to play which means Jota will be flogged for the duration of that window and no doubt abused for not doing Ronaldos job for him.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1780 on: November 15, 2021, 02:08:01 pm »

Any mention of Ronaldo being a complete and utter wanker in the 92nd minute? Chested the ball down about 25 yards out with his back to goal. Tried to swivel and hit a left footed volley which went about 78 yards over the bar. Similar to James Rodriquez goal in the World Cup a few years back.

I'd have loved to have seen his reaction if any other player tried that. He's an embarrassment.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1781 on: November 15, 2021, 03:03:11 pm »
Worst thing about Portugal going into playoffs is that now they have competitive games to play which means Jota will be flogged for the duration of that window and no doubt abused for not doing Ronaldos job for him.

Not sure about that. It's the likes of Ronaldo that get to play every minute of every game, while Jota hardly ever completes 90 minutes. He'd perhaps be more likely to play in meaningless friendlies.

Also, for teams that go out in the first playoff round, it'll presumably be too late to organise a friendly three days later, so we fingers crossed Portugal are one of them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1782 on: November 15, 2021, 06:23:01 pm »
Any mention of Ronaldo being a complete and utter wanker in the 92nd minute? Chested the ball down about 25 yards out with his back to goal. Tried to swivel and hit a left footed volley which went about 78 yards over the bar. Similar to James Rodriquez goal in the World Cup a few years back.

I'd have loved to have seen his reaction if any other player tried that. He's an embarrassment.

You are joking the Ronaldo fanboys are out in force on twitter, they absolutely love  him the Portugal fans and a huge number seem to despise Jota apparently them not qualifying is all down to him.  ;)

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1783 on: November 15, 2021, 06:25:28 pm »

This.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1784 on: November 15, 2021, 07:30:54 pm »

Hopefully Trent jumps out of every tackle and doesn’t bomb forward.

Kane starting again. Clearly going for Rooney’s England goals record, a worthy endeavour.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1785 on: November 15, 2021, 07:36:44 pm »
Hopefully Trent jumps out of every tackle and doesn’t bomb forward.

Kane starting again. Clearly going for Rooney’s England goals record, a worthy endeavour.

Kane’s record is mad. How many goals against top 10 ranked sides? Probably the case for most players in international football who have scored a few these days, but still.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1786 on: November 15, 2021, 08:51:24 pm »
Kane’s record is mad. How many goals against top 10 ranked sides? Probably the case for most players in international football who have scored a few these days, but still.

I was joking but he only needs another 3!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: November 15, 2021, 08:58:56 pm »
Why don't they start including teams from the Isle of Man or individual Scottish islands so we can have even more pointless games and records broken.

Joke.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1788 on: November 15, 2021, 09:00:42 pm »

Kane
https://www.englandstats.com/player.php?pid=1207

Charlton
https://www.englandstats.com/player.php?pid=767
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1789 on: November 15, 2021, 09:21:33 pm »
Robbo off injured. Fuck
YNWA

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1790 on: November 15, 2021, 09:22:11 pm »
Two assists for Trent since Dixon criticises him for having a poor game haha. Get in lad

Edit: three assists

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1791 on: November 15, 2021, 09:27:49 pm »

It's like Ronaldo with his 100+ goals. At least he's scored some against the top international teams but he's scored a shitload against utter rubbish and part time players. Lukaku has 68 goals at 28, Lewandowski 74. Klose originally broke the European record not long ago and they've already all broke it.

Messi has 80 but at least there's no gimmes in their qualifying group.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1792 on: November 15, 2021, 09:36:45 pm »
Robbo off injured. Fuck

Of course. It's just relentless.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1793 on: November 15, 2021, 09:39:22 pm »
Of course. It's just relentless.

Another season fast turning into a nightmare.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1794 on: November 15, 2021, 09:41:14 pm »
Hamstring apparently - why did he need to play tonight?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 09:45:44 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1795 on: November 15, 2021, 09:41:16 pm »

Mate you said the same thing after we won the Champions league in the season we won the League.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: November 15, 2021, 09:58:55 pm »

It’s hardly a nightmare and guess what, players get injured. It’s why we have a squad.

The alternative is not to sign international footballers.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1797 on: November 15, 2021, 10:02:51 pm »
So is this fucking bollocks over with until the next wave of pointlessness?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1798 on: November 15, 2021, 10:07:58 pm »
So is this fucking bollocks over with until the next wave of pointlessness?

Good god no, we’re on Virgil and Mo watch tomorrow

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1799 on: November 15, 2021, 10:09:34 pm »
Good god no, we’re on Virgil and Mo watch tomorrow

Oh FFS

Really?!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.