Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432943 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #37040 on: December 25, 2019, 09:46:05 am »
No idea, it's just lyrics from a song by a band who happen to support them, the border around it and font is the same as Oasis' logo

Think the one of ours you posted was made for Kiev? I've seen city flags with "we see things they'll never see" on going back to 2015, probably goes back further than that considering the song is from the early/mid 90's, nothing to see here

Nope, goes all the way back to 2009, once again we were first (they had fuck all to gloat about back then)

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=246769.0
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:50:19 am by robbed 1966 yorkies from kids' selection boxes »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37041 on: December 25, 2019, 09:48:03 am »
On the subject of plastics copying things, who can forget this beauty ;D

Love the way they included the top of the Shankly Gates :lmao
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:50:52 am by robbed 1966 yorkies from kids' selection boxes »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37042 on: December 25, 2019, 10:07:42 am »
Every now and again I check in on this thread. Fucking brilliant.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/is-the-game-bent.341835/

They’re now discussing, and proving “evidence” as to why Leicester’s 2016 title win was bent and corrupt.

The c*nts can’t quite handle that they’re not absolutely storming it again, despite their “interesting” financial dealings. How dare other teams be ahead of Man City in the league. How fucking dare they.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37043 on: December 25, 2019, 10:23:32 am »

They’re now discussing, and proving “evidence” as to why Leicester’s 2016 title win was bent and corrupt.

The c*nts can’t quite handle that they’re not absolutely storming it again, despite their “interesting” financial dealings. How dare other teams be ahead of Man City in the league. How fucking dare they.

Nothing surprising there.  12 years ago they would have shagged their own mothers for a League Cup; now they're a gang of spoiled, self entitled brats who think the title should be giftwrapped for them every season because they're playing Football Manager on easy AND with cheat codes.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37044 on: December 25, 2019, 11:18:04 am »

Wow, there is a davek on there!  ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #37045 on: December 25, 2019, 11:25:53 am »
It’s no secret Anfield does this to people. Pep Guardiola calls it “that place”, and seems more spooked every time he goes back, a man who has talked himself into seeing ghosts. For all the myth-making, you have to admit he’s got a point.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/25/liverpool-barcelona-tottenham-ajax-champions-league

:lmao
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #37046 on: December 25, 2019, 08:12:21 pm »
Ha Moss Side! Another Uni story, after starting course I thought I'd found a great car park and was quite pleased with myself. Anyway, I gets talking to the lads on the course and one lad used to come in from Crewe and had been using the same car park, turns out his Ford Sierra Cosworth got pinched within two weeks and he never saw it again. Manc lad pipes up, 'That car park is in Hume, roughest part of Moss Side, that's why your cars will just go!'. I was horrified, I was driving a Rover 827 at the time and working at Rover cars, so actually knew how to immobilise it. Anyway in three years nobody touched my car, was that down to my skill as an engineer to immobilise it or the unattractiveness of a Rover car?
 ;D

Oooh I always wanted one of those.
I always thought the fastback was a cross between a Capri and an Audi Quattro......
Mind you I was drinking quite a lot at the time.....

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37047 on: December 25, 2019, 09:01:21 pm »

Oooh I always wanted one of those.
I always thought the fastback was a cross between a Capri and an Audi Quattro......
Mind you I was drinking quite a lot at the time.....

I had the 827SLi saloon, very nice car, very fast and really well equipped, everything electric, the only thing it didn't have was air con. We used to design the vehicle electrics and it used to make me laugh because they did a police version which didn't have any equipment like a sunroof, we didn't even give them electric windows. The engine had been chipped however!
 ;)

As part of putting field miles on cars, engineer's were allowed to take test/demo cars home for the weekend, so you had 21 year olds driving around in 140mph cars. It did end in tears though as a few cars were written off and we were lucky no one was seriously injured. Anyway they changed the insurance so that you needed to 25 in the end.

It was quite a common practice with the car manufacturers as you tried to get as many miles on test vehicles as possible, I've also worked at Jaguar Whitley and have a few stories to tell about that place. My mate worked as an engineer at what used to be Rolls Royce in Crewe and as a 21 year old would regularly be driving around in Bentley's and Rolls!
 ;D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:03:27 pm by Yosser0_0 »
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37048 on: December 25, 2019, 09:15:08 pm »
Manc lad pipes up, 'That car park is in Hume, roughest part of Moss Side

Correction Hulme is not the roughest part of Moss Side, it’s next to Moss Side. I lived in Hulme in the late 80s/early 90s, perfect time to live in Manchester.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37049 on: December 25, 2019, 09:45:49 pm »
Correction Hulme is not the roughest part of Moss Side, it’s next to Moss Side. I lived in Hulme in the late 80s/early 90s, perfect time to live in Manchester.

Dunno, but it is a direct quote from a Manc, the lad from Higher Openshaw!
 ;D

Good Uni, enjoyed it.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37050 on: December 25, 2019, 10:53:19 pm »
Dunno, but it is a direct quote from a Manc, the lad from Higher Openshaw!
 ;D

Good Uni, enjoyed it.

No dunno about it, a Manc who doesn't know Manchester then  :P  Hulme and Moss Side are seperate areas of the south of the city, both rough as anything at the time, but Hulme especially has been heavily gentrified, although it still has it rough bits.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #37051 on: December 25, 2019, 11:20:17 pm »
No dunno about it, a Manc who doesn't know Manchester then  :P  Hulme and Moss Side are seperate areas of the south of the city, both rough as anything at the time, but Hulme especially has been heavily gentrified, although it still has it rough bits.

Seem to remember Moss Side was notorious for shootings & drug wars in the 90s, Cheatham Hill[nicknamed Shootham Hill at the time] was one of the worst areas of Manc land for it, but Moss Side wasn't that far behind
#Sausages

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37052 on: December 26, 2019, 12:44:23 am »
Seem to remember Moss Side was notorious for shootings & drug wars in the 90s, Cheatham Hill[nicknamed Shootham Hill at the time] was one of the worst areas of Manc land for it, but Moss Side wasn't that far behind

yeah Moss Side certainly had a bad rep.

Cheetham Hill is a dump too, but it was one of those areas that unless you happened to be from there, there'd be zero reason to go there! Just like most of the north of Manchester. Whereas Moss Side (and other rough parts like Hulme, Whalley Range and Rusholme) are in the south which is the part of the city popualated by the vast amount of students there.

It was always easier to list the nice parts of Manchester, cos so much of the areas around the city where just pretty shitty. Harpurhay, Moston, Levenshulme etc etc etc, and areas of the neighboring Salford like Ordsall too, just not nice places.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #37053 on: December 26, 2019, 10:45:42 pm »
I really hope the 4-0 scoreline will really dampen their enthusiasm for a title chase.
Linudden.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #37054 on: December 26, 2019, 10:46:58 pm »
There’s no pressure lads..

A hahahaha hhahahhahahahhahahhaha
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37055 on: December 26, 2019, 10:53:42 pm »
Our friend Adama will sort them out tomorrow

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37056 on: December 26, 2019, 11:10:59 pm »
Bluemoon’s ‘is the game bent?’ thread is near the top which must mean we won a game.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37057 on: December 26, 2019, 11:19:12 pm »
yeah Moss Side certainly had a bad rep.

Cheetham Hill is a dump too, but it was one of those areas that unless you happened to be from there, there'd be zero reason to go there! Just like most of the north of Manchester. Whereas Moss Side (and other rough parts like Hulme, Whalley Range and Rusholme) are in the south which is the part of the city popualated by the vast amount of students there.

It was always easier to list the nice parts of Manchester, cos so much of the areas around the city where just pretty shitty. Harpurhay, Moston, Levenshulme etc etc etc, and areas of the neighboring Salford like Ordsall too, just not nice places.

The nice parts of Manchester actually aren't in Manchester, they are in the suburbs. Once you cross into the City proper it is horrible, there isn't one nice place.

Ordsall is actually starting to get gentrified as the media luvvies start to move over the road from the Quays, the scrotes from Hulme are starting to go on the rob there now.

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37058 on: December 27, 2019, 12:06:05 am »
Wow, there is a davek on there!  ;D

Haha every club has a Davek!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #37059 on: December 27, 2019, 12:18:56 am »
The nice parts of Manchester actually aren't in Manchester, they are in the suburbs. Once you cross into the City proper it is horrible, there isn't one nice place.

Ordsall is actually starting to get gentrified as the media luvvies start to move over the road from the Quays, the scrotes from Hulme are starting to go on the rob there now.

Yep, Stretford, Altrincham, Sale, is a few of the posh parts of Manchester, they're in the borough Trafford through[just like United's stadium ;)] inner Manchester is worse than inner Liverpool.
#Sausages

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37060 on: December 27, 2019, 12:29:35 am »

You can say that about almost every city. Didsbury and Chorlton are nice.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37061 on: December 27, 2019, 01:45:24 am »

Errr ... ?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37062 on: December 27, 2019, 02:53:23 am »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37063 on: December 27, 2019, 03:15:56 am »
"For me that’s the most infuriating part of them doing well, they have no grace."
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37064 on: December 27, 2019, 03:25:54 am »

There's a reason why this show was set in Manchester.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37065 on: December 27, 2019, 08:43:38 am »
Haha the in game bitterness on Bluemoon is hilarious. About five pages of crying about our penalty because Oliver didn't give the one against Trent in the game at Anfield.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37066 on: December 27, 2019, 08:45:07 am »
Haha the in game bitterness on Bluemoon is hilarious. About five pages of crying about our penalty because Oliver didn't give the one against Trent in the game at Anfield.

"But it was for the same thing"..

Which it wasn't. One came miles away from a corner. One came from about 5 yards at full speed.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37067 on: December 27, 2019, 08:46:01 am »

All while ignoring the fact one came from 30 yards away and the other deflected off their players hand on the way to Trent from close range.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37068 on: December 27, 2019, 08:53:31 am »
There's a reason why this show was set in Manchester.

Filmed on an estate just up the road from the Emptyhad too.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #37069 on: December 27, 2019, 09:04:01 am »
It's actually mind blowing on their in game thread.

They actually sound like Evertonians.

"Well they are only top because they take their chances, and have players suited to their system"

"We are missing Leroy" forgetting they were literally on the verge of selling him.

"Imagine if VVD was injured" what like our goalkeeper, or two CB's or Fabinho?

Hope they win nothing this season

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37070 on: December 27, 2019, 09:11:05 am »
"The authorities obviously thought we'd be closer to Littlewoods points-wise so factored in a less than 48 hours rest for us and for the team that play the dippers next. A kind of insurance policy at this the busiest time of the season. No doubt they're hoping we get the odd injury as a result also."

Fucking victims.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37071 on: December 27, 2019, 09:13:17 am »
It's actually mind blowing on their in game thread.

They actually sound like Evertonians.

"Well they are only top because they take their chances, and have players suited to their system"

Pep's spent £650m in his time at Man City to get players who are suited to his system.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #37072 on: December 27, 2019, 09:20:31 am »
"The authorities obviously thought we'd be closer to Littlewoods points-wise so factored in a less than 48 hours rest for us and for the team that play the dippers next. A kind of insurance policy at this the busiest time of the season. No doubt they're hoping we get the odd injury as a result also."

Fucking victims.

I assume this is their heavy handed attempt at Manc irony to compare our funding by John Moores when Peter Swales was doing his best to drive them into the ground.

They certainly know their history.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37073 on: December 27, 2019, 09:21:45 am »

Fucking victims.

Littlewoods :lmao

They’re actually going with this? The Moores family certainly up there with any tyrannical rulers the UAE have ever produced. :D

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #37074 on: December 27, 2019, 09:27:41 am »
Pep's spent £650m in his time at Man City to get players who are suited to his system.

Yeah, but he's never spent £75m on a defender. VAR is on our side too. If we had 7 points less and they had 7 more points.

I assume this is their heavy handed attempt at Manc irony to compare our funding by John Moores when Peter Swales was doing his best to drive them into the ground.

They've actually gone back and looked at how many trophies we had before the Moores took over and compared it with themselves at the same point. You know because a local family with a successful business putting money into BOTH merseyside clubs is exactly the same as an Oil State with a questionable human rights record playing Football manager

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37075 on: December 27, 2019, 09:41:10 am »

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #37076 on: December 27, 2019, 09:45:22 am »

This does my head in. Comparing the Moores brothers, who were actually from Liverpool and founded a company with less than £100 each, to the royal family of an actual country who can literally spend their nation's sovereign wealth on whatever the fuck they want.

Also I don't remember anyone from the Moores family being caught on video torturing a business associate on Crosby beach.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #37077 on: December 27, 2019, 09:46:22 am »
Littlewoods :lmao

They’re actually going with this? The Moores family certainly up there with any tyrannical rulers the UAE have ever produced. :D
Take Littlewoods over Primark Pep
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:48:27 am by Ghost of Xmas Futureville »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #37078 on: December 27, 2019, 09:53:28 am »
You can't buy class

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #37079 on: December 27, 2019, 10:04:22 am »

Its like when you cant open a jar and then someone else takes it and opens it with ease. Then you say something like „you could only open it because i loosened it“.

Honestly im not quiet sure if they are serious with their conspiracy bs. Its getting really absurd at this point. If you believe them then the fa, tv companies, referees, opponents, ball boys & the whole world have conspired to make us win the league.