Match 3: RobbieRedman
10 (14.7%)
Match 4: Mikey
8 (11.8%)
Match 4: Tubby
9 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 23, 2023, 06:28:12 pm

Author Topic: Sly Sports Premier League draft - Knockout Matches 1-4  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sly Sports Premier League draft - Knockout Matches 1-4
« on: November 22, 2023, 06:28:12 pm »
Welcome to the world of Sly Sports where all football before 1992 does not exist.

This is a Premier League era draft, so please only judge players on their appearances in the Premier League from 1992 to present day. Any form outside of the league or in any other eras is not relevant. Subs were just for fun and not to be seriously counted in the vote -

_____________________________________________________Match 1_______________________________________________________

Lone Star Red                                       V                                           Hazell

Subs: Zlatan, David Luiz, C. Dempsey                                              Subs: Lovren, Benayoun, Jota

___________________________________________________Match 2_________________________________________________________

Draex                                            V                                              child-in-time   

Subs - Matteo, V.Jones, Michu                                                            Subs: F. Sinclair, Ruben Neves, Yorke

____________________________________________________Match 3________________________________________________________

Betty                                                   V                                           RobbieRedman   

Subs: Kyrgiakos, Hadji, Yeboah                                                                                                                                                               

___________________________________________________Match 4_________________________________________________________

Mikey                                                 V                               Tubby   

Subs: Staunton, Sissoko, Dzeko                                                                                                             Subs: D. Traore, Ketsbaia, Kanu

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Write-ups

Spoiler
Overview below of time in the league:

Ederson: Best keeper with his feet the league’s seen. Falls short of the Alisson on most other areas but he’s still a brilliant keeper and has been crucial to Man City’s style of play as they’ve dominated the league.

Trophies: 5 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 2 FA Cups , 4 League Cups
Individual: 2 PFA Team of the Years, 3 Golden Gloves

Branislav Ivanovic: Physical specimen of a defender, able to play in different positions whilst being part of some great defences contributing at the top end of the pitch with 31 goals and 29 assists in his first six years at Chelsea alone.

Trophies: 3 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League , 3 FA Cups , 1 League Cup
Individual: 2 PFA Team of the Years

Antonio Rudiger: All the athletic attributes you could want for a defender, he was key to Chelsea winning the champions league and kept Chelsea competitive during his time with 4 straight top 4 finishes. They’ve dropped of significantly since his departure and looking at their performances with and without him during his time in West London, you can see why his departure may be seen as a large part of their decline.

Trophies: 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League , 1 FA Cups
Individual: 1 PFA Team of the Year

Frank Leboeuf: A great reader of the game, LeBoeuf was also great with the ball at a time when that was not the norm in the league. Part of a stylish back two who also helped France win the league, playing the entire final together, LeBoeuf would have made a great partner with Rudiger.

Trophies: 1 World Cup, 1 European Championship, 2 FA Cups, 1 League Cup , 1 Cup Winners Cup

Ashley Cole: One of the best left backs in the world throughout his career, part of two great sides at Arsenal and Chelsea, he was a top level consistent performer, Ashley Cole is an all time great, even if he’s despised by many. Brilliant at getting forward and contributing, whilst being solid at the back, he was textbook for the position.

Trophies: 3 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League , 7 FA Cups, 1 League Cup
Individual: 4 PFA Team of the Years

Rodri: The Best DM in the world at the moment, Rodri is able to win the ball and make passes at an exceptional level, and is a crucial member of a City side that has dominated in recent years.

Trophies: 3 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups
Individual: 1 PFA Team of the Year

Kevin De Bruyne: One of the best midfielders in Premier League history, De Bruyne has been the best playmaker in the league for several years in a row, racking up a record number of assists in a season.

Trophies: 5 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 2 FA Cups, 5 League Cups
Individual: 2 PFA Player of the Year awards, 5 PFA Team of the Years, 3 Most Assist Awards

Bernardo Silva: A great technical player with a hell of an engine on him, able to play in several positions, he is a key cog in the Man City machine, who’s as good as he is despicable, which is saying something.

Trophies: 5 Premier Leagues, 1 Champions League, 2 FA Cups, 4 League Cups
Individual: 2 PFA Team of the Years

Dirk Kuyt: The Man for the big Occasion, Dirk was the scorer of many crucial goals in big games including a hattrick against United. His industry, selflessness and goal scoring made him a crowd favourite for Liverpool but also for Holland where he compiled over a 100 caps helping them reach the World Cup Final racking up the most assists in that World Cup.

Trophies: 1 League Cup

Maxi Rodriguez: A little Argentinian magician whose skill was matched by his work rate. A fan favourite whilst he was at Liverpool, his flexibility made him a key cog in a side that he added some much needed quality too.

Trophies: 1 League Cup

Erling Haaland: A goal-scoring machine, built to break records. In his only full season in the league to date he broke numerous records including the most goals in a Premier League season. Whilst his style isn’t inspiring it’s devastatingly effective.

Trophies: 1 Premier League, 1 Champions League, 1 FA Cup
Individual: 1 Golden Boot, 1 PFA Player of the Year, 1 PFA Team of the Year

Subs:

Steve Staunton: A flexible defender able to play across the back four and in midfield at a push, even playing in goal for Liverpool once. He was a classy operator whose work-rate won him many plaudits. His best days at Liverpool came before football existed but even in the Premier League era he played a big role at winning Aston Villa’s last major honours to date.

Trophies: 2 League Cups (Before Football: 1 League, 1 FA Cup)

Momo Sissoko: A great defensive midfielder who can tackle and pass at a high level, his speed and work rate allowed him to lay a base for those in front of him to concentrate on creating. Unlucky with injury, his career didn’t reach the heights it threatened to in England, but he rebuilt is career abroad staying at a top level for near enough a decade across four countries.

Trophies: 1 FA Cup

Edin Dzeko: A strong, target man who was surprisingly quick as well. His top level was border line world class, and his ability to assist and score was crucial to Man City during their early years of success, also going on to score bucket loads in Italy.

Trophies: 2 Premier Leagues, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup

How’d they play:

The team is built on skill and industry, with a back able to provide a solid foundation for the technicians further up the pitch who in turn will defend from the front. A technically outstanding side, they’ll look to dominate the ball and supply Haaland to ruthlessly finish off attacks.
[close]
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Sly Sports Premier League draft - Knockout Matches 1-4
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 10:50:48 pm »
Lone Star
Child
Robbie
Mikey

Love you all. X

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 10:52:39 pm »
Lone Star
Child
Robbie
Mikey

Love you all. X

Knob.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 11:11:48 pm »
Knob.

Maybe I was telling those four I loved them despite voting against their team. Did that ever cross your tiny little mind?

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 12:58:45 am »
Love you too Nicholas.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 01:05:05 am »
Losing to a team containing PL era Veron. I’ll never live this down.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2023, 01:08:22 am »
LSR/ Hazell kit clash.

I have not voted Betts, my vote can be bought.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 01:17:05 am »
LSR/ Hazell kit clash.

I have not voted Betts, my vote can be bought.

It’s too late for me. I will live with the peace of mind that I didn’t draft a single red manc though.

Went for LSR, CIT, and Tubby in the other three matches. Whoever voted for for Petro Mikey needs to take a shower right now. Draex almost had my vote, but Cantona is an overrated twat. Hazell’s side is solid but missing that spark that LSR’s team has. Heggem would get destroyed by Mané too.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2023, 07:02:26 am »
It’s too late for me. I will live with the peace of mind that I didn’t draft a single red manc though.

Went for LSR, CIT, and Tubby in the other three matches. Whoever voted for for Petro Mikey needs to take a shower right now. Draex almost had my vote, but Cantona is an overrated twat. Hazell’s side is solid but missing that spark that LSR’s team has. Heggem would get destroyed by Mané too.

Come on man, try to look at my side without bias and see it’s a bloody good team. With our respective midfields and formations, I can’t see him getting the ball except for at kick offs. :P
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 07:33:05 am »
Maybe I was telling those four I loved them despite voting against their team. Did that ever cross your tiny little mind?

Not really, no :P

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2023, 07:40:52 am »
Not really, no :P

To be fair you were right first time. And now I’ve alienated all 8 of you before voting for my match opens. Genius.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2023, 07:52:01 am »
Cantona was a great player, bellend but worldclass for Leeds and Utd.

Any team who has Skrtel isn’t going to win anything especially against Drogba.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2023, 09:48:59 am »
Looks like someone's wife has entered the fray. Someone voted in one single match and none of the others overnight  :-X

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2023, 10:02:00 am »
Cantona was a great player, bellend but worldclass for Leeds and Utd.

Any team who has Skrtel isn’t going to win anything especially against Drogba.

The word great is used far far too liberally in football. Cantona was in no way a 'great' player. Neither was he 'world class'. Quite the opposite, he flattered to deceive in Europe and internationally, and never achieved anything of note at that level. That's where the greats perform. He was a very good player and Ferguson perfectly channeled his ego into a well oiled United machine. But he was and always has been vastly overrated by the English media and United fans.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2023, 10:03:51 am »
The word great is used far far too liberally in football. Cantona was in no way a 'great' player. Neither was he 'world class'. Quite the opposite, he flattered to deceive in Europe and internationally, and never achieved anything of note at that level. That's where the greats perform. He was a very good player and Ferguson perfectly channeled his ego into a well oiled United machine. But he was and always has been vastly overrated by the English media and United fans.

To be fair, you could level the same accusation at someone like Fowler.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2023, 10:10:26 am »

You definitely could and it would be absolutely fair. But we're Liverpool fans and we'll always have bias with our own  :D

I'd personally never call Fowler a great though. A very good player who with better management and less injuries could have been something phenomenal.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2023, 10:28:30 am »

Why are you mentioning Europe though, the criteria was clear this is a Premiership draft and he was one of the main catalysts for red nose's dominance.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2023, 10:38:40 am »
Why are you mentioning Europe though, the criteria was clear this is a Premiership draft and he was one of the main catalysts for red nose's dominance.

Because you referred to him as world class, which he wasn't.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2023, 02:44:15 pm »
Looks like someone's wife has entered the fray. Someone voted in one single match and none of the others overnight  :-X

:lmao This cracked me up. Getting wives involved.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2023, 02:45:41 pm »
:lmao This cracked me up. Getting wives involved.

*Cough

Saint Kopite

*cough

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2023, 02:51:27 pm »
The one change I'd make to RAWK if I were king is I'd make the poll votes visible.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2023, 02:52:34 pm »
The one change I'd make to RAWK if I were king is I'd make the poll votes visible.

There is an option to only make the results visible once the poll expires.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2023, 02:54:08 pm »
There is an option to only make the results visible once the poll expires.

But there's no option to see who voted for which option.  I've asked Claire because there's always super fishy stuff that goes on with the voting in these drafts.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2023, 02:58:21 pm »
But there's no option to see who voted for which option.  I've asked Claire because there's always super fishy stuff that goes on with the voting in these drafts.

Ah right, yeah I don't think that would be possible unless there's a pop up to show it, I mean if say 100 people voted in the poll where would you display all that information?

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2023, 02:58:45 pm »
Match 1 has really turned on its head. I’m sure when I voted Hazell was 4 -1 up
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2023, 03:00:14 pm »
Ah right, yeah I don't think that would be possible unless there's a pop up to show it, I mean if say 100 people voted in the poll where would you display all that information?

I'm pretty sure it's possible, I see it on other forums all the time.  Might be too much work though as opposed to switching something on in the code.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2023, 03:14:18 pm »

LSR is a Texan, how many wives he got?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2023, 04:04:43 pm »

I'd pay for that shit. Imagine if it was backwards compatible. This would be calciopoli level in drafts.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2023, 04:09:36 pm »
I'd pay for that shit. Imagine if it was backwards compatible. This would be calciopoli level in drafts.

Haha yep.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2023, 04:17:17 pm »
Knew I shouldn't have voted for this fucker.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2023, 04:18:09 pm »
I would win drafts that were stolen from me.  :'(

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2023, 04:31:59 pm »
It's definitely interesting that when we tried in-thread voting, we only ever got like 10 votes max. To be honest, I don't think there's nearly as much nefarious things at play these days as there were back in the day when you'd get crazy swings 10 minutes before voting was due to close.

I would win drafts that were stolen from me.  :'(

All zero  :P

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2023, 04:37:19 pm »

You’re mistaking him for Utah Red.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2023, 06:12:34 pm »
best way to vote would be abandon the poll and people post their vote with a brief overview why

at least we get to see why the wives vote they way they do then ;)

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2023, 07:06:27 pm »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2023, 07:57:58 pm »

I know, something's rotten in the state of Texas.

Well done mate, fully deserved victory :)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2023, 12:18:44 pm »
It's definitely interesting that when we tried in-thread voting, we only ever got like 10 votes max. To be honest, I don't think there's nearly as much nefarious things at play these days as there were back in the day when you'd get crazy swings 10 minutes before voting was due to close.

All zero  :P

I used to get many a PM from Trendisnotdestiny begging me to vote for him in these drafts  :D

Sheer v Trend - down 1 - little help?

He’s got 5 Mancs in his team too :) Lol

;D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 12:21:07 pm by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2023, 12:25:08 pm »
I used to get many a PM from Trendisnotdestiny begging me to vote for him in these drafts  :D

;D

Grass!

*checks sent items

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2023, 12:26:09 pm »
Haha that's incredible.  I figured this was going on but it's still mad to see it, who begs for votes on a football draft?  Picking players is the best bit about it.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2023, 04:31:22 pm »

;D
Haha that's incredible.  I figured this was going on but it's still mad to see it, who begs for votes on a football draft?  Picking players is the best bit about it.

Oh man, this is insane! I kind of never really believed it despite all the wife jokes and the odd voting at times. This explain A LOT.

Judging by the dates, the draft match in question is this one -

10 cap split semi-final

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=348645.0

Looks like Trend got the vote he needed to level it (you have to assume he PMed multiple RAWKites) and then won on a penalty shoot-out. He then lost the final. But still, he should never have got there in the first place.

Also interesting that the other semi which was running the exact same time as this one had 7 less votes in it. So were all those extra voters put-ups by Trend? This has mad reprecussions. How many other draft results were skewed around that time.