Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 321332 times)

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #6040 on: March 22, 2024, 11:02:16 am »
https://www.arsenal.com/news/statement-supporters-banned-tragedy-chanting

good to see clubs doing something about it

Credit where it's due. Fair play, Arsenal.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #6041 on: March 22, 2024, 11:32:37 am »
Credit where it's due. Fair play, Arsenal.
Fair play indeed.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #6042 on: March 22, 2024, 03:30:32 pm »
https://www.arsenal.com/news/statement-supporters-banned-tragedy-chanting

good to see clubs doing something about it
This is exactly what Man Utd should be doing.

The fucking shithouses.

PS. Well done, Arsenal.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #6043 on: March 22, 2024, 04:00:51 pm »
Ahh sorry mate I thought you'd seen the article because you replied to it

Thats about Arsenal fans tragedy chanting.

Three arrests though, three times more than United last weekend. Does that mean only one United fan was doing it? No. And it doesn't mean only three Arsenal fans were either. It needs to start being treated like racist chanting and allocations cut or fans banned from games. Hopefully the FA start cracking down on the clubs who's fans think its appropriate.

I'm not sure you can have a go about Arsenal  over this. The club has acted, and thrown out some supporters for a lengthy period of time. If there are any other dickheads lurking among their fanbase, then this will make them think twice in future.

You've got Gooners in here telling you no place for this at their club, the club is acting (where others with far worse offenses don't), and now 3 less dickheads can pollute their fanbase on match day.

What's not to be applauded - proper club (still think Arteta is a wanker mind).

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #6045 on: March 22, 2024, 04:07:54 pm »
I'm not sure you can have a go about Arsenal  over this. The club has acted, and thrown out some supporters for a lengthy period of time. If there are any other dickheads lurking among their fanbase, then this will make them think twice in future.

You've got Gooners in here telling you no place for this at their club, the club is acting (where others with far worse offenses don't), and now 3 less dickheads can pollute their fanbase on match day.

What's not to be applauded - proper club (still think Arteta is a wanker mind).

Who was having a go? Excellent that they've dealt with it, it was just North Bank saying that Arsenal don't do that when parts of their crowd clearly do. It needs stamping out completely rather than going 'Well we dont do it...oh three doesn't count'.

(Although the three year ban I dont think is a great look, surely you'd never want them back in your stadium?)

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #6046 on: March 22, 2024, 04:13:44 pm »
Who was having a go? Excellent that they've dealt with it, it was just North Bank saying that Arsenal don't do that when parts of their crowd clearly do. It needs stamping out completely rather than going 'Well we dont do it...oh three doesn't count'.

(Although the three year ban I dont think is a great look, surely you'd never want them back in your stadium?)

a handful out of 60,000 clearly does back up what TNB is saying.....and yeah three doesn't count in that context. Or does one guy making monkey gestures at Anfield mean that in fact we do DO racism?

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6047 on: March 22, 2024, 04:15:06 pm »
a handful out of 60,000 clearly does back up what TNB is saying.....and yeah three doesn't count in that context. Or does one guy making monkey gestures at Anfield mean that in fact we do DO racism?

Three got caught and banned.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #6048 on: March 22, 2024, 04:18:07 pm »
Three got caught and banned.

Right. So I'm confused now, Arsenal good or bad on this? Are you saying more were doing it, and Arsenal should have identified more than 3?

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6049 on: March 22, 2024, 04:28:44 pm »
Right. So I'm confused now, Arsenal good or bad on this? Are you saying more were doing it, and Arsenal should have identified more than 3?

What's confusing?

Its good that they've banned people for doing it. But its still a thing there, and it'd be pretty surprising that just three people were doing it. There was what, one arrest from the United game? And we know there were far, far more than that at it. So I'd just be a little surprised that they managed to catch every single person doing it at Arsenal. Good going if that is the case but it'd be a little odd with how football crowds tend to be with chanting.

It doesn't need to be that tribalistic, it just needs cutting out period. Same goes for our fans. I'm just surprised there were Arsenal fans doing it, its not a club/fanbase I'd have ever expected to hear doing it. Maybe thats because we're rivals again for the first time in a long time and they think its an easy 'diss'. Great that they've dealt with it, but again shouldn't even be a thing to cross any normal persons mind. I'd praise someone like Brighton a bit more that they don't have to do anything about tragedy chanting because their fans don't do it, for example.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #6050 on: March 22, 2024, 04:39:02 pm »
But its still a thing there, and it'd be pretty surprising that just three people were doing it.

This line suggests you don't know that for a fact. What we do know, is that Arsenal are dealing with this very publicly, and we have comments on here from people who go to the Emirates and say Arsenal don't do tragedy chanting. And most on here I think agree with that, I have seen lots of praise for Arsenal in this respect.

What are your thoughts on my previous question: "Or does one guy making monkey gestures at Anfield mean that in fact we do DO racism?"

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6051 on: March 22, 2024, 04:43:44 pm »
This line suggests you don't know that for a fact. What we do know, is that Arsenal are dealing with this very publicly, and we have comments on here from people who go to the Emirates and say Arsenal don't do tragedy chanting. And most on here I think agree with that, I have seen lots of praise for Arsenal in this respect.

What are your thoughts on my previous question: "Or does one guy making monkey gestures at Anfield mean that in fact we do DO racism?"

From 2012? Yeah awful, definitely something that needs stamping out (I assume it has been in the preceding 12 years as I'm not sure its happened again, has it?)

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #6052 on: March 22, 2024, 04:46:42 pm »
From 2012? Yeah awful, definitely something that needs stamping out (I assume it has been in the preceding 12 years as I'm not sure its happened again, has it?)

Just as a thought experiment, let's say it's 2012. Does that one guy mean that Anfield does racism?

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6053 on: March 22, 2024, 04:50:33 pm »
Just as a thought experiment, let's say it's 2012. Does that one guy mean that Anfield does racism?

I'm genuinely baffled at what point you're trying to make? :D

If there's one person at Anfield making monkey gestures then yes, that's a problem that as a club we'd need to eradicate (seemingly we have as I assume your example is the one from a decade ago?). Good on Arsenal for banning the culprits, bad that it even needed to happen. Not much deeper than that.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #6054 on: March 22, 2024, 04:58:26 pm »
It's pretty easy to see is it not?

You have challenged TNB's statement that Arsenal don't do tragedy chanting.

Baying for blood, singing about the dead, making fun of tragedies. Not for us.

Apparently it is.

Always thought Arsenal were better than that, such a shame but not a huge surprise.

Did Liverpool do racism (for clarity for you, at the time of the guy who got banned for monkey gestures)? By your logic, yes we did.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6055 on: March 22, 2024, 05:07:19 pm »
I was at that game and heard absolutely nothing, nor did i see anyone from Liverpool complain during or after. Im hoping it was our own fans who reported those 3 . There are c*nts among every fan base, im glad it was swiftly dealt with . I wouldn’t accept hearing it from someone seated near me.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6056 on: March 22, 2024, 05:23:48 pm »
It's pretty easy to see is it not?

You have challenged TNB's statement that Arsenal don't do tragedy chanting.

Did Liverpool do racism (for clarity for you, at the time of the guy who got banned for monkey gestures)? By your logic, yes we did.

Well yeah…clearly, think there were a couple of incidents in a pretty short amount of time in 2012. To my knowledge there’s been nothing since thank god, and good that Arsenal are trying to deal with the problem they have.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #6057 on: March 22, 2024, 06:21:19 pm »
Well yeah…clearly, think there were a couple of incidents in a pretty short amount of time in 2012. To my knowledge there’s been nothing since thank god, and good that Arsenal are trying to deal with the problem they have.

Yeah and we can agree on the latter, but really again, a couple of incidents didn't make racism our thing. Like a few dickheads doesn't make tragedy chanting Arsenal's thing. Both clubs acted swiftly, it stamps this out of any morons who still feel tempted, as we agree.

But my point - and this isn't about you personally - is in your wording of your original comment to TNB, tragedy chanting isn't Arsenal's thing, just like monkey chanting isn't ours. Just a handful of morons. I wouldn't have been happy if TNB and friends were on here in 2012 claiming monkey chanting is our thing, when it wasn't.

I didn't intend to needle you with this, I just thought it's worth making that distinction.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6058 on: March 22, 2024, 06:57:15 pm »
Yeah and we can agree on the latter, but really again, a couple of incidents didn't make racism our thing. Like a few dickheads doesn't make tragedy chanting Arsenal's thing. Both clubs acted swiftly, it stamps this out of any morons who still feel tempted, as we agree.

But my point - and this isn't about you personally - is in your wording of your original comment to TNB, tragedy chanting isn't Arsenal's thing, just like monkey chanting isn't ours. Just a handful of morons. I wouldn't have been happy if TNB and friends were on here in 2012 claiming monkey chanting is our thing, when it wasn't.

I didn't intend to needle you with this, I just thought it's worth making that distinction.

Who said it was ‘Arsenals thing’? This is all very confusing Mahern

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #6059 on: March 22, 2024, 07:24:03 pm »
This guy.

Baying for blood, singing about the dead, making fun of tragedies. Not for us.

Apparently it is.

Always thought Arsenal were better than that, such a shame but not a huge surprise.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6060 on: March 23, 2024, 01:16:21 am »
This guy.

That's doesn't say it's Arsenals "thing". That would mean they are known for it and do it all the time. 

The two things you quoted and then tried to turn into something that it wasn't deal with the idea that the Liverpool poster didn't think that happen at Arsenal at all.

You're the one that has twisted this around.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #6061 on: March 23, 2024, 10:28:09 am »
That's doesn't say it's Arsenals "thing". That would mean they are known for it and do it all the time. 

The two things you quoted and then tried to turn into something that it wasn't deal with the idea that the Liverpool poster didn't think that happen at Arsenal at all.

You're the one that has twisted this around.

All I have done is given my understanding of how that came across to me. I haven't twisted anything, I even said above I have no wish to needle the guy. But "not for us" "apparently it is" is still a generalisation.

I hadn't intended to draw this out, so if there's genuinely nothing to see, there's nothing to see, and I'm just going to move on.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #6062 on: March 23, 2024, 11:42:00 am »
One bloke - an Arsenal fan - says "Making fun of tragedies is not for us."
Someone replies "Apparently it is".

I think the Arsenal fan is right. It's NOT something you expect at Arsenal. And when it happens their club acted promptly and justly - even though very few heard it. Well done. And credit where credit's due.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6063 on: March 23, 2024, 11:48:47 am »
Mo wasnt called up by Egypt, and Darwin never joined up with Uruguay.

And? We do it twice and now you think we're in the same boat as the likes of Arsenal and Abu Dhabi who do it every single international window?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6064 on: March 23, 2024, 11:52:46 am »
And? We do it twice and now you think we're in the same boat as the likes of Arsenal and Abu Dhabi who do it every single international window?

No? Did you read the post I replied to…?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6065 on: March 23, 2024, 12:05:03 pm »
No? Did you read the post I replied to…?

Yes. We need to start doing it.
If we're pulling players from Internationals in September, October and November, I'll consider that as us starting to do it.
1 player not going after he's had a long injury lay off, and another not going for a friendly against a side that isn't even a country isn't what I'd call us starting to do it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6066 on: March 23, 2024, 12:43:55 pm »
I’m not surprised Saka has pulled out injured. He has been scythed down about 136 times this season. I’ve seen it, he’s always on the deck crying in pain because of all the horrendous assaults on him.
when you have the pain threshold of a 3-year old .....
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 12:49:09 pm by SamLad »

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6067 on: March 23, 2024, 01:49:48 pm »
when you have the pain threshold of a 3-year old .....
Whinges and throws tantrums like a 3 year old too

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6068 on: March 26, 2024, 09:15:38 pm »
Any sign of any of these cheats injuring themselves jumping on the ground this international break?

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6069 on: March 26, 2024, 09:22:32 pm »
Any sign of any of these cheats injuring themselves jumping on the ground this international break?
Don’t they get injured in every game?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6070 on: March 31, 2024, 03:32:41 pm »
Jesus starts, big chance to resurrect his arsenal career

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6071 on: March 31, 2024, 03:58:18 pm »
Must win today with all the injuries

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6072 on: March 31, 2024, 04:01:06 pm »
Nailed on.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6073 on: March 31, 2024, 05:21:54 pm »
Playing as eggspected.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #6074 on: March 31, 2024, 05:25:33 pm »
Playing as eggspected.

Eggspect a lot from him on crosses.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6075 on: March 31, 2024, 06:24:47 pm »
Mourinho missed a big opportunity there, just terrified of attacking v a team missing their keeper and defenders, pretty gutless.

Still not won a tough away game all season, which can happen, these are the toughest games after all but more worryingly for them they haven't even looked like doing so, they have no choice but to somehow buck that trend at Spurs if they are still in it then.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6076 on: March 31, 2024, 06:26:25 pm »
Crazy tactics from Arteta, can’t believe Arsenal fans can be happy with that. One of the most cowardly things I’ve seen, and against a shitload of injuries.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6077 on: March 31, 2024, 06:27:13 pm »
28% possession. Absolute pansies.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6078 on: March 31, 2024, 06:28:31 pm »
That was some weak arse effort from Arteta and Arsenal. Good stuff. ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6079 on: March 31, 2024, 06:30:20 pm »
They were really open and high up there last season and got smashed, can't really blame them for playing for a point to keep them ahead of City.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.