Author Topic: The 'Football was invented in 1992' Sly Sports Premier League draft - discussion  (Read 17034 times)

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is it one player per nation and one player per club? Or is the latter unlimited?

Going to stick to principles and keep this a United free zone. I trust I can rely on the rest of you to keep it that way.

It could easily turn into a Manc fest given they dominated for so long in the prem era, but they have had some top players. Are we committing to staying away from red Mancs?.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 12:38:24 pm by red1977 »

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It could easily turn into a Manc fest given they dominated for so long in the prem era. Are we committing to staying away from red Mancs then?.

No but feel dirty when you pick one.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Looks like Andy is off at the match now, so don't expect any action until this evening. We'll start doing 2 hour deadlines from Monday morning or else things could drag a bit too much.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still think Fatso should've picked Mido.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Andy has told me who he wants, he’s gone for Paul Tierney as his first pick
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Andy's more of a Howard Webb man though.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Andy has told me who he wants, he’s gone for Paul Tierney as his first pick

Mike Riley, hold my beer.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Andy, you're killing us draft addicts here.

2 hour deadlines officially start from 9am tomorrow. So if Andy is still a no show then Bobby can pick at 11am.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I PM'd Andy again as a reminder. Hopefully the dickhead posts his first pick.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I PM'd Andy again as a reminder. Hopefully the dickhead posts his first pick.  ;D

We Al know it’s going to be Ryan Giggs. Pick it for him and move on.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Ok I'll bow out.

You do realise that I actually go to the matches and that I was out all last night... er... at the match :D

Anyway good luck everyone :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Ok I'll bow out.

You do realise that I actually go to the matches and that I was out all last night... er... at the match :D

If you want to play you're more than welcome to, mate. We always have a rule that draft hours are paused during a match. But when people are mssing almost 24 hours it can really slow things up for everyone. In future rounds you can always leave your pick with other people before a match if you know you'll be gone awhile.

Whatever you prefer. If you change your mind you can slot in lower down the draft order too.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
If Andy's out, I can follow suit to make it an even 16 - my head isn't really in this one anyway.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
If Andy's out, I can follow suit to make it an even 16 - my head isn't really in this one anyway.

Okay, mate. No worries. 16 is definitely the magic number in these. Premier League drafts are very popular though and we hadn't done one in awhile, so I don't mind going over. Whatever you decide.

Anyway, over to Bobby now. I'll PM him.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
No signs of Bobby either. I wonder if this is an issue with the email notifications, because I told Bobby last night his turn would be coming up this morning.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ok I'll bow out.

Mate, you were online last evening and at night it's why I PM'd you again.  You could've easily posted a name then. Heck even today you've posted on RAWK in numerous threads instead of the one you actually meant to post in.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Nick is on the clock by the way an has until 3.30pm before Red1977 is allowed to pick.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Nick is on the clock by the way an has until 3.30pm before Red1977 is allowed to pick.

Sorry, saw your PM but I thought I’d give whoever was before me a bit longer. Will pick now.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sorry, saw your PM but I thought I’d give whoever was before me a bit longer. Will pick now.

No worries, mate. I was hoping Bobby would get online too as we exchanged PMs last night about his pick coming this morning.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Alan Shearer at Blackburn was incredible. Fast, strong, smashed every finish into the corners with unerring accuracy.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's a Monday I believe VBG on Mondays is a bit engaged elsewhere.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Good to see this moving again. Onwards and upwards, fellow drafters.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Sorry guys, bad day for me. I’ve just posted Sir Harry
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I'm surprised at so many England players going early.  Would've thought more obscure nations would be picked off first as there have been so many English PL players over the years.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I'm surprised at so many England players going early.  Would've thought more obscure nations would be picked off first as there have been so many English PL players over the years.

So many nationalities, not really going to overthink this one. Was a toss up between Shesrer and Vieira though! And he went next.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Smack dab in the middle of the drafting order. Shite! 
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sorry, got held up with some work then spent too much time deliberating over picking players I detest and then looking at pictures of them and deciding I couldn't.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chaks feels dirty I bet.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Chaks feels dirty I bet.

Hehe trying something new.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
0 votes?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Someone had to take him. On any other forum he'd probably be a top 3 pick. I just couldn't bear to do it.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
0 votes?

Will see how it pans out...

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will see how it pans out...

I hope you washed yourself after that post.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Practically given your opponents a bye ;)

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A week later Chaks will realise it wasn't a bold strategy.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Great choice of picture Mikey. :D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Great choice of picture Mikey. :D

Always good to pick a fellow red!

Plus look at how well he controls van Nistelrooy, haha.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Hazell having a nightmare trying to decide who to pick it seems. First pick is always the hardest, I feel. He has until just before 10pm and then I'll PM Elzar, who isn't online right now anyway so that might be it for this evening.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Hazell having a nightmare trying to decide who to pick it seems. First pick is always the hardest, I feel. He has until just before 10pm and then I'll PM Elzar, who isn't online right now anyway so that might be it for this evening.

He’s trying to find someone with hair that most resembles Redondo’s. My money’s on later era Jeff Hendrick.