Author Topic: Paris  (Read 185268 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Paris
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2022, 04:20:01 pm »
I’m f’kng fuming.

Press conference:

• 20k tickets were fake
  • over half the 30 people arrested were British.
  • RM sorted transport for fans from there fanzone to stadium whereas LFC left their fans to sort themselves .

Bullshit excuses.
How is it Fans fault if true for so many fake tickets to be in circulation it’s UEFA fault. And no evidence of this forthcoming. I smell bullshit.
How can you get tier gas, riot police and pepper spray, yet only arrest 30 people.
It was 1mile away ffs. Whereas ours was miles away.

The turnstiles weren't even working,there's video of the tickets being checked by hand & then people were having to crawl under the turnstile.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2022, 04:20:26 pm »
I doubt if there will be any large build up of crowds but a few rich Americans, Japanese, Arabs etc. getting mugged and steamed won't be good publicity.

See i think there will be mate. The last Olympics was empty stadiums due to Covid and delayed a year. They are encouraging people to come to Paris and make it an "event".

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2022, 04:21:00 pm »
You have a situation were the French have seen drunken England fans storm Wembley by pushing past a very thin blue line of PC Dixons, Old Trafford stormed by their own fans and the end of season pitch invasions involving assaults on players and taunting of opposition managers. Allied to the problems the French football authorities have had with their own fans and the unsavoury and heavy handed reputation of the French riot police - a view shared by many of the French - you can see the potential for a tinderbox.

And interesting to see that there were problems outside the ground for their Cup Final.
I certainly appreciate all that. Behaviour in England has deteriorated badly, with little or no consequences for the offenders, particularly at the end of the season. The Ingurland fanbase reputation has never risen above gutter level either.

Despite that, a Liverpool v Real Madrid game is never a high risk event. Police simply have to police the actual occasion, not their preconceived ideas and prejudices. Of course, have the heavy mob on standby to cover all potentials, but police the actual circumstances in front of you. Then, you don't end up tear gassing children with legitimate and very expensive tickets to enter a family sporting event with their parents.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #283 on: May 30, 2022, 04:22:31 pm »
I'm pretty sure I heard on either Sky or BBC that the French were claiming that Liverpool had asked for paper tickets rather than electronic ones?

This can't be right? To get into France you need to show your vaccine status so I'm sure the vast majority of fans'll have smart phones.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2022, 04:23:36 pm »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2022, 04:23:58 pm »
See i think there will be mate. The last Olympics was empty stadiums due to Covid and delayed a year. They are encouraging people to come to Paris and make it an "event".
It will certainly be an event for the local scumbags looking to attack and rob civilised visitors.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2022, 04:27:04 pm »
It will certainly be an event for the local scumbags looking to attack and rob civilised visitors.

Also for Macron and his Ministers to further their "strategic" relationships with Qatar.

And for the police to top up their salaries with bungs from the local gangs.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2022, 04:27:13 pm »
Funny how Mr “working class fans hero who has a fucking opinion on everything” Gary Neville hasn’t said a word over this …This transcends club rivalry and could have happened to any fanbase and being a Manc and a bitter one at that his voice could carry a lot of weight for support ….But nope not a fucking peep yet the c*nt wasn’t off the TV when it was the Super League on the table

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2022, 04:27:43 pm »
Hi all. Got back last night. I am utterly disgusted by what happened but it seems like the cover up by the revolting French authorities extends beyond what happened to our fans.

My Spanish cousin's girlfriend is from Madrid and a lifelong fan, she went to the match and apparently their bus was ambushed by local scumbags who proceeded to rob them of their tickets... French authorities were nearby and did nothing about it. Luckily the ticket the scumbags tried to steal off her was ripped in the process and she kept the part with the barcode.

Think both sets of fans and clubs need to come together on this one. I am going to be making a lot of noise on social media, I am a no one but as a unit we could make a lot of noise. I am just shocked at how bad it was and how much it actually was.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2022, 04:27:51 pm »
Share your experiences with the club:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-asks-fans-share-champions-league-final-experiences

"Liverpool FC is asking supporters who attended the Champions League final in Paris to complete a feedback form in order to support the investigation into the operational management of the event.

The club officially requested a formal and transparent investigation into the issues supporters faced in and around Stade de France, before and after kick-off.

The form can be accessed online here and will also be sent via email directly to supporters who purchased a ticket for the game.

LFC would like to thank all fans for taking the time to complete the form and share their experiences with us."

Good to see the club taking this very seriously and collecting evidence.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2022, 04:29:22 pm »
I doubt if there will be any large build up of crowds but a few rich Americans, Japanese, Arabs etc. getting mugged and steamed won't be good publicity.

They’ll probably have the army out to ‘help’ keep things in line won’t they? A lot of the London security checks were done by armed forces here I seem to remember.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2022, 04:29:56 pm »
I certainly appreciate all that. Behaviour in England has deteriorated badly, with little or no consequences for the offenders, particularly at the end of the season. The Ingurland fanbase reputation has never risen above gutter level either.

Despite that, a Liverpool v Real Madrid game is never a high risk event. Police simply have to police the actual occasion, not their preconceived ideas and prejudices. Of course, have the heavy mob on standby to cover all potentials, but police the actual circumstances in front of you. Then, you don't end up tear gassing children with legitimate and very expensive tickets to enter a family sporting event with their parents.

Can't disagree with anything you say but the French riot police's view of 'policing the event' is to assume they'll need to be heavy handed.

My only experience of the police in France was when my wallet was lifted on a train to Nice from Menton. I reported it to the police in Menton as my card was used there. Believe it or not two coppers, one fluent in English and his 'prentice, went round the shops it had been used in to try and identify the perps. From deescriptions thet were part of a Russian gang who operated around the railways. What surprised me was the lack of CCTV anywhere, albeit in a small provincial town.

However these were local coppers not the CRS or Gendarmerie riot squads.

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2022, 04:31:25 pm »
Blown away with some of the vile comments on other teams boards.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2022, 04:31:27 pm »
Paris has the 2024 Olympics. God help everyone with the policing and security then.  :-X

They'll be forced to properly step up the security. Euro 2016 passed off okay (final at Stade de France) so it's capable when they put the right measures in place.

Also football fans are still viewed as vermin, particularly English ones. The police would never get away with tear gassing families going to the Olympics.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2022, 04:31:47 pm »
Hi all. Got back last night. I am utterly disgusted by what happened but it seems like the cover up by the revolting French authorities extends beyond what happened to our fans.

My Spanish cousin's girlfriend is from Madrid and a lifelong fan, she went to the match and apparently their bus was ambushed by local scumbags who proceeded to rob them of their tickets... French authorities were nearby and did nothing about it. Luckily the ticket the scumbags tried to steal off her was ripped in the process and she kept the part with the barcode.

Think both sets of fans and clubs need to come together on this one. I am going to be making a lot of noise on social media, I am a no one but as a unit we could make a lot of noise. I am just shocked at how bad it was and how much it actually was.

You should encourage you cousin to contact Real and Liverpool.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2022, 04:31:48 pm »
"Liverpool FC is asking supporters who attended the Champions League final in Paris to complete a feedback form in order to support the investigation into the operational management of the event.

The club officially requested a formal and transparent investigation into the issues supporters faced in and around Stade de France, before and after kick-off.

The form can be accessed online here and will also be sent via email directly to supporters who purchased a ticket for the game.

LFC would like to thank all fans for taking the time to complete the form and share their experiences with us."

Good to see the club taking this very seriously and collecting evidence.

Yes, a first important step, I hope as many contribute as possible.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2022, 04:32:28 pm »

Yeah, I don't do that anymore.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2022, 04:32:32 pm »

Don't waste your emotional energy reading them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2022, 04:32:56 pm »
You should encourage you cousin to contact Real and Liverpool.

Is Tony Barrett still working at the club?

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2022, 04:33:09 pm »
Why not take her to a pre season friendly or a Legends game? Decent atmosphere and a bit of a laugh - not for the purist I know.

That's the most likely thing I'd do now for next season - just hope this cloud over football clears soon as it's given me the best moments of my life.
JFT97

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2022, 04:33:18 pm »

Yes, a first important step, I hope as many contribute as possible.

They need to allow people to upload photos/videos

Scrap that - they do later on.

Can only share photos at the moment however they’ve said do you have videos as they may ask for them later
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 04:35:41 pm by WanderingRed »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2022, 04:34:08 pm »
Is Tony Barrett still working at the club?

I'm not sure but McManaman is forever talking about his time at Real so maybe he can start that ball rolling. 8)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2022, 04:34:16 pm »
Funny how Mr “working class fans hero who has a fucking opinion on everything” Gary Neville hasn’t said a word over this …This transcends club rivalry and could have happened to any fanbase and being a Manc and a bitter one at that his voice could carry a lot of weight for support ….But nope not a fucking peep yet the c*nt wasn’t off the TV when it was the Super League on the table

Wasn't he on the pitch chanting "without killing anyone" in Moscow along with Rio Ferdinand who was on the BT coverage?

They'll be biting their tongues wanting to chime in, Mancs are sly bastards.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #304 on: May 30, 2022, 04:34:22 pm »
Despite that, a Liverpool v Real Madrid game is never a high risk event.
What's more they had recent evidence of that from the final in Kiev so there were no excuses for the heavy handed approach.
I don't know what experience other fans had in Dortmund in 2001 but I recall that while there was a substantial police presence around the town, it was very relaxed. Police were mingling, laughing and joking, having photos taken with fans. It felt like they were there to ensure the safely of fans and there was no sense of it feeling confrontational. I don't recall too many problems getting into the stadium either. I think I'd be happy to go to another game in Germany but France is definitely a no-go place for football for me now.

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #305 on: May 30, 2022, 04:35:13 pm »
Simon Hughes just gave a lengthy interview on 5live of his experience, for about 15 minutes. The message is getting out there folks even in the wider french community. 
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 30, 2022, 04:35:25 pm »
I'm not sure but McManaman is forever talking about his time at Real so maybe he can start that ball rolling. 8)

That would be useful.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2022, 04:35:54 pm »
That's the most likely thing I'd do now for next season - just hope this cloud over football clears soon as it's given me the best moments of my life.

It's horribly reminiscent of the way things were in the 80s, not quite reached that pitch yet but seems to be heading in that direction.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #308 on: May 30, 2022, 04:38:01 pm »
Don’t think he’s said anything controversial there. There were fake tickets readily available before the game. They weren’t the primary reason for the debacle outside the ground but for sure it was a contributory factor

Will people please stop with this bullshit.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2022, 04:38:05 pm »
Where is UEFA in all this- its their event and they have been pretty much silent? Happy to cream hundreds of millions off the game, fly in by private jet, put up in 5* hotels and be whisked about by private security. Where is the accountability over this and facing questions from the media- nowhere

They chose the venue, they will have been working with the police over plans and ticketing since it was moved to Paris and they are saying nothing. The messages blaming fans before the game is on them, still nothing to retract that

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2022, 04:38:56 pm »
Also for Macron and his Ministers to further their "strategic" relationships with Qatar.

And for the police to top up their salaries with bungs from the local gangs.
France can do one.

I've not been to Paris with Mrs Spion but she has fancied the idea of us going together. After what went on there at the weekend, we wouldn't spend a single Euro over there now.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2022, 04:40:20 pm »
This was the start of the French Cup final:

https://twitter.com/ojbsports/status/1523023041227530240

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2022, 04:42:13 pm »
Kaveh Solhekol is totally damning of the French.

This is just surreal.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1531252864651231233?s=21&t=vAtpu3vY-7496AaEJMX5IA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2022, 04:42:56 pm »
What's more they had recent evidence of that from the final in Kiev so there were no excuses for the heavy handed approach.
I don't know what experience other fans had in Dortmund in 2001 but I recall that while there was a substantial police presence around the town, it was very relaxed. Police were mingling, laughing and joking, having photos taken with fans. It felt like they were there to ensure the safely of fans and there was no sense of it feeling confrontational. I don't recall too many problems getting into the stadium either. I think I'd be happy to go to another game in Germany but France is definitely a no-go place for football for me now.

There were no problems when we were in Madrid either and the Spanish police can be a bit heavy handed as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-61622874

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2022, 04:44:09 pm »
It's horribly reminiscent of the way things were in the 80s, not quite reached that pitch yet but seems to be heading in that direction.

It's reflective of society in general. It's all getting a bit too moody.

I know a few who are telling me they won't ever go to games anymore in Italy and now France. How long before other countries get added to this list.

What if we draw a Hungarian team in the Champions League? I'm not tarring them with the same brush, just using that as a country with a scary political situation and their recent national team supporters behaviour.
JFT97

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2022, 04:44:10 pm »

Until it happens to someone else you’ll get no solidarity. And in reality it won’t, because hard to see anyone else making it to a final of that magnitude for a little while who will travel in such numbers (not blaming fan volume in any way but unless United make a Champions League final you probably wouldn’t see similar scenes). And if it’s in a different city and better organised you wouldn’t see it (like Kiyv and Madrid). So basically they’ll happily peddle the ‘only scousers’ like for a while yet.

Anyone who wants to can see the large amounts of evidence out there. Hard to bother with the rest.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2022, 04:44:31 pm »
@henrywinter
Certain sponsors and corporate clients are preparing letters of complaint to Uefa detailing their unpleasant experiences, inc crushes, pinchpoints and pepper-spray, at the hands of the police en route into Stade de France. Reflects the assault course undergone by fans. #UCLfinal

UEFA might not care what the great unwashed say about Saturday, but they sure as hell care about the prawn sandwich brigade who give them big money do.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2022, 04:45:12 pm »

https://twitter.com/SaraMenai/status/1530845571241607168?t=hxnO3pVEdxckHaRdpWsJWg&s=19

Man this video made me really angry. What did he do wrong to be treated like this? absolutely nothing.

If the club is too weak to take actions against UEFA then fans should be compensated by the club.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2022, 04:46:11 pm »
@henrywinter
Certain sponsors and corporate clients are preparing letters of complaint to Uefa detailing their unpleasant experiences, inc crushes, pinchpoints and pepper-spray, at the hands of the police en route into Stade de France. Reflects the assault course undergone by fans. #UCLfinal

UEFA might not care what the great unwashed say about Saturday, but they sure as hell care about the prawn sandwich brigade who give them big money do.

The various crown princes all got ins afely. They'll probably not be arsed about anything else.