Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3306727 times)

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #19560 on: November 29, 2018, 03:06:57 pm »
Brexit means Brexit.

:lmao

You paid your £5, get over it

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19561 on: November 29, 2018, 03:46:35 pm »
Gibbo saying that anyone not out before Napoli is "a member of the establishment" and Craig's reaction to that made me laugh far more than I would have expected after a Champions League defeat.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19562 on: November 29, 2018, 03:49:11 pm »
I wouldn't care if they hadn't created a great product and got me hooked. A bunch of well-read and well-researched grown men in a room discussing football intelligently and concisely once a week. No kids in their early 20's, no women and no social media or gambling nonsense. Turns out it's surprisingly hard to do. Who knew?
What if the RAWK membership eligibility criteria is no bigots?

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19563 on: November 29, 2018, 04:20:34 pm »
Gibbo - anyone not out by 3 o’clock on the 11th is a bizzie :D
Or has a real job.

Certainly one or the other.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19564 on: November 29, 2018, 04:52:24 pm »
Or has a real job.

Certainly one or the other.

It was clear John had a small wine or two before. I'm sure he'd be the first to say he doesn't actually mean it

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #19565 on: November 29, 2018, 06:13:15 pm »
Bit disappointed Robbo wasn't involved in the derby pre-match show. We need a bit of Everton needle from him before the game on Sunday.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #19566 on: November 29, 2018, 07:22:57 pm »
I wouldn't care if they hadn't created a great product and got me hooked. A bunch of well-read and well-researched grown men in a room discussing football intelligently and concisely once a week. No kids in their early 20's, no women and no social media or gambling nonsense. Turns out it's surprisingly hard to do. Who knew?

Wow, just wow.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #19567 on: November 29, 2018, 07:29:23 pm »
No kids in their early 20's, no women and no social media or gambling nonsense. Turns out it's surprisingly hard to do. Who knew?

The 1970's called and asked if you would come back.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #19568 on: November 29, 2018, 09:16:53 pm »
The 1970's called and asked if you would come back.

He'd be more at home in the 1870's.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19569 on: November 29, 2018, 10:04:39 pm »

You're a fucking embarrassment.

Offline Bill Lacey

• Main Stander
  • With a Liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #19570 on: November 29, 2018, 10:47:59 pm »
I have to give it to the Anfield Wrap lads, they are effusively positive either side of the PSG game. One lad beforehand predicting 3-0 to us  8) 

Don't get the surprise at how PSG started and reacted at the end, though. It was, after all, the biggest game of the season for them. Nothing to do with beating Liverpool or how good they think we are, as we'd like to believe, all about the fact that lose and their manager is sacked and their season over. It could have been Red Star, they would have reacted the same.

I would have liked to have heard Gutmann or Senior on this game, they are more realistic about our deficiencies I think. Sean Rogers cleverly identified that PSG cut off the out ball to our full backs, I suspect knowing that we are ineffective at playing forward through the midfield.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #19571 on: November 30, 2018, 07:55:26 am »
The weekender.... take a sip of drink every time you hear a contributer say "like"
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19572 on: November 30, 2018, 09:26:32 am »
Enjoyed the Friday show, especially the bit about the Derby. Nice to listen to a decent blue talking with sense, perspective and a bit of respect which makes a massive change from the deluded ramblings that we see in the Everton thread courtesy of GOT.

Still want to beat them, but hearing him speak took me back to a happier time before the bile and bitterness took over.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19573 on: November 30, 2018, 12:15:01 pm »
To be fair, I think he`s got some points in this. I definitely prefer the "older" original
contributers myself(just think they`re generally more knowledgeable and have more interesting stuff to say).  So I can see what he means. Having said that, when they put out so many shows they probably can`t use them all the time.

Agree mate, the USP was treating the game with the seriousness you'd devote to mature political debate. Not this Arsenal Fan TV, waffling, banter nonsense.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #19574 on: November 30, 2018, 12:29:06 pm »
Agree mate, the USP was treating the game with the seriousness you'd devote to mature political debate. Not this Arsenal Fan TV, waffling, banter nonsense.

So what ruined it for you the 20 year olds or the women?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19575 on: November 30, 2018, 12:42:10 pm »

You are definitely an opposing podcast nerd. If you were a dog, you’d need to be put down. Inhumanely.

It’s becoming like the Henderson debate this, with posters like Fitzy making perceptive, constructive points about TAW, and absolute whoppers spouting increasingly hallucinogenic bollocks like yourself. Which is a pity, as you’ve got a cracker of a username - unlike my unimaginative abomination.

This thread has become rife with Twitter like opinions that are just not based on the output of the podcasts, which is a pity as it was a walled garden with good points being made on  both sides for years. TAW can take stick, you can’t be out in the spotlight giving both barrels to characters like Hodgson and Mignolet and then be immune to it yourself, but for Kolo Toure’s sake give it a rest in here.

If you hate it so much, just fuck off back to your PlayStation or whatever gives you a hard on, as you are putting ricin on my cornflakes here. I can’t stand Karius, it’s not big and it’s not clever, but he does my swede in and turns me full Arsenal TV - am I going into the Karius thread everyday to pour yellow shite down his throat? No. Turn it in and log off.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:47:19 pm by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #19576 on: November 30, 2018, 12:55:24 pm »

Oh you're still here.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #19577 on: November 30, 2018, 12:57:45 pm »
You are definitely an opposing podcast nerd. If you were a dog, you’d need to be put down. Inhumanely.

It’s becoming like the Henderson debate this, with posters like Fitzy making perceptive, constructive points about TAW, and absolute whoppers spouting increasingly hallucinogenic bollocks like yourself. Which is a pity, as you’ve got a cracker of a username - unlike my unimaginative abomination.

This thread has become rife with Twitter like opinions that are just not based on the output of the podcasts, which is a pity as it was a walled garden with good points being made on  both sides for years. TAW can take stick, you can’t be out in the spotlight giving both barrels to characters like Hodgson and Mignolet and then be immune to it yourself, but for Kolo Toure’s sake give it a rest in here.

If you hate it so much, just fuck off back to your PlayStation or whatever gives you a hard on, as you are putting ricin on my cornflakes here. I can’t stand Karius, it’s not big and it’s not clever, but he does my swede in and turns me full Arsenal TV - am I going into the Karius thread everyday to pour yellow shite down his throat? No. Turn it in and log off.

A dressing down like Nanny used to give. :wellin
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19578 on: November 30, 2018, 01:01:29 pm »

Agree with all that, apart from the Hodgson bit. He deserves everything last bit of stick he gets. The 0.7 points per game blame shifting, expectation downplaying gobshite. When's its time for the annual airing of Roy's Christmas Carol?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #19579 on: November 30, 2018, 01:04:12 pm »

:lmao :lmao
:wellin

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19580 on: November 30, 2018, 01:06:45 pm »

Okay fair enough mate.  You'll always miss greatness though. I used to listen to the early Wraps back a couple of times. Could be misplaced nostalgia.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19581 on: November 30, 2018, 01:17:32 pm »
Okay fair enough mate.  You'll always miss greatness though. I used to listen to the early Wraps back a couple of times. Could be misplaced nostalgia.

But that’s it, isn’t it? You can’t go back, things progress, change and move forward. The core guys have mortgaged their careers on TAW, monetising it so people pay monthly subscriptions - which I’m bang up for. You can’t continue with seventeen lads around a Minidisc all cracking open the lager and talking over one another. You can’t expect them to keep doing it for free, one pod a week, paying their own transport and giving time to organise a product for free. So things progress, you have to develop and add content and add quality - people can be complete Tory biffs about what they expect for £5 - so more content, professional set up becomes a must. It’s the best £5 a month I spend, just a pint in some dreadful places.

Nostalgia is a dangerous thing, creating memories wrapped up with a whole manner of outside influences and moments. Take it for what it is, you don’t have to listen to all the shows, maybe stick to the You Tube content. Imagine you are in a brothel, you don’t have to visit each room!

The thing is, the internet has this power to make us all big opinionated arseholes - we’ve all been there - but just reflect, relax and find the shows you like. They are still in there. 

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 01:33:51 pm by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19582 on: November 30, 2018, 01:33:00 pm »
A dressing down like Nanny used to give. :wellin

Hello Mr Rees-Mogg.

Offline tmsneil

• A compere beyond compare
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #19583 on: November 30, 2018, 03:42:37 pm »
Friday Show this week is brilliant.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19584 on: November 30, 2018, 03:44:57 pm »

Presumably no smelly girls or young kids on  it.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #19585 on: November 30, 2018, 07:18:58 pm »
The Arsenal fan was really good I thought.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #19586 on: November 30, 2018, 09:02:55 pm »
Friday Show and Team Talk were spot on, loved them, but still the Weekender was too much like radio. I give to food banks but I just don't listen to TAW for 20 minutes of charity and 10 of a quiz show.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19587 on: November 30, 2018, 09:46:17 pm »
Friday Show and Team Talk were spot on, loved them, but still the Weekender was too much like radio. I give to food banks but I just don't listen to TAW for 20 minutes of charity and 10 of a quiz show.

Fast forward it then? It's not just football as a show, it's local culture, hence why there was stuff about foodbanks, an interview with a Liverpool band, and a piece on City of Liverpool FC. To be honest, I had no interest in the latter, so I just fast forwarded it.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19588 on: November 30, 2018, 10:15:06 pm »
It always is.

Genuinely.. that and the coach home are excellent by any standards of radio...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #19589 on: December 1, 2018, 08:44:27 pm »
Crackheads in big coats on small bikes.  :D
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19590 on: December 2, 2018, 03:03:13 am »
How come Paul Cope no longer makes an appearance on the review?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #19591 on: December 2, 2018, 09:05:12 pm »
TAW is down :(
:D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #19592 on: December 2, 2018, 09:06:07 pm »
TAW is down :(

Probably still celebrating.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #19593 on: December 2, 2018, 09:24:57 pm »
Pink is up though  :D
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19594 on: December 2, 2018, 09:47:46 pm »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #19595 on: December 2, 2018, 09:53:51 pm »

Fucking do one.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19596 on: December 3, 2018, 02:46:50 am »
'ello Everton.  That's why you're Everton, yer fuckin' pricks.

;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnyzRQz7JoU
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #19597 on: December 3, 2018, 08:44:13 am »
Great drive in to work this morning listening to The Pink.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19598 on: December 3, 2018, 10:24:52 am »
My Monday morning commute usually begins with a different podcast and then I move on to the Pink but I made an exception this morning and listened to the Pink straight away.  Didn’t regret that decision as it was one of the best Pinks in a long time!

“I've just fingered him”

“There’s a fella in row 19 who I haven’t necked yet”

And of course, all the talk about Pickford only having small arms!  ;D ;D

I hope Neil is still out

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19599 on: December 3, 2018, 01:33:30 pm »
Free pod is up.