Author Topic: CL: Ajax 0 v Liverpool 3 Salah 41' Nunez 48' Elliot 50'  (Read 12789 times)

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Re: CL: Ajax 0 v Liverpool 3 Salah 41' Nunez 48' Elliot 50'
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2022, 01:23:23 pm »
Unpopular opinion. We need to rest players against Napoli so we're fully rested for the league game that weekend. We're running on fumes already
I think we'll put a strong team out. Klopp has stated previously that a club like ours needs the money a win provides.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2022, 01:30:02 pm »
I think we'll put a strong team out. Klopp has stated previously that a club like ours needs the money a win provides.

Laughable. Where is that money going to go towards? Last summer we practically spent what we earned and we went all the way to the final.

Also, we play Spurs a few days after and have 3 more games after the Napoli game. We can't afford any more injuries.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2022, 01:32:27 pm »
Laughable. Where is that money going to go towards? Last summer we practically spent what we earned and we went all the way to the final.

Also, we play Spurs a few days after and have 3 more games after the Napoli game. We can't afford any more injuries.
I'm just relaying what he said.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/11/jurgen-klopp-admits-champions-league-prize-money-means-he-wont-rotate/

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2022, 01:37:12 pm »
That Harvey Elliot is going to be a world superstar. He's a running machine with mad skills and hes already beefing up nicely.
I think he is very much in the Dirk Kuyt mold , chases everything , harries players and can score a good goal too 
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2022, 03:04:17 pm »

;)

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2022, 03:55:13 pm »
Yes, yes, all fine and dandy, qualified for round of 16 .   .    .  great result .     .     .   blah blah .   .    . and all that.

But can we talk about the stunning masterpiece that is this green third kit?   

I just checked the encyclopedia and it says this is the greatest kit worn by "Liverpool Football Club, established 1892" that's not, you know, in that red colour they always like to wear  :champ

If my Vietnamese pot-bellied sow has twins next month, I'm going to name them "Dark Atomic Teal" and "Rio Teal".

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2022, 04:11:37 pm »
I think we’ll make changes for Napoli and rest those most in need but it feels almost inevitable we’ll have some first team regulars in the team, certainly in the match day squad. No doubt someone will kick up a freak injury from somewhere.

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2022, 04:26:04 pm »
Both their "big" chances - the one where they hit the post and the one blocked by Trent - came from flukey ricochets, which would wrong-foot any defence or midfield. Otherwise, the defence coped well with any chances they engineered for themselves.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2022, 05:08:16 pm »
Both their "big" chances - the one where they hit the post and the one blocked by Trent - came from flukey ricochets, which would wrong-foot any defence or midfield. Otherwise, the defence coped well with any chances they engineered for themselves.
That’s what stuck in my mind. Talk about getting the bounce of the ball, those 2 were outrageous.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2022, 06:50:03 pm »

Now you remind me you’re spot on.

Not too sure if Alison had any difficult saves to make either?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2022, 06:53:27 pm »

They'll be more concerned about the 100 mill at stake if we don't get top 4. Therefore financially Spurs is a much bigger game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2022, 09:54:08 pm »
That's how we lost Jota before, in an equally meaningless game, aside from the 2 million it could have brought (but it didn't).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."