Author Topic: EL: Liv 6 vs 1 Sparta Nuñez 7’ Clark 8’ Mo 11’ Gak 14’ 55’ Birm 42’ Dom 48’  (Read 7291 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1

Liverpool v Sparta Praha
Europa League R16, Thursday 20h
Anfield

Referee: Artur Dias POR
Assistant referees: Paulo Soares POR, Pedro Ribeiro POR
Fourth official: Gustavo Correia POR
Video Assistant Referee: Tiago Martins POR
Assistant Video Assistant RefereeHugo Miguel POR

Does this season ever stop?

I'm actually looking forward to the wretched International football break at this point, I'm simply emotionally exhausted. It has been in all honestly several weeks of such emotional intensity and pressure, that even though we aren't getting a break in the schedule - a break in intensity will be more than welcome. We have the result, we've done the hard work and we're at Anfield. So this match should be different to the rollercoaster of nail-biting, last minute, against all odds games we've been on in past weeks.

Sparta didn't play badly in the first game, well to me at least. Their keeper was kind of crap, we scored (well, Darwin did) a few worldies but they kept finding the way to our goal repeatedly, at times too easily. It was their final pass and finishing that just as consistently let them down, the difference in quality was obvious and the end result reflected it. It does seem they put a lot emotionally into that game, because over the past weekend they were comprehensively beaten 4-0 by third place team FC Viktoria Plzeň - all goals coming in the second half. They are still top in their league, but to me that result speaks of a team that was physically and emotionally drained and the fatigue caught up to them against a solid team. And team they'll face at Anfield will be much stronger than Viktoria, even with expected flurry of changes to Liverpool's lineup. Only thing in their favour is that they can play completely unburdened. It looks like it's over, they are away in what will be the biggest game of many of their careers - they can just go out there and savour the moment, show their best. But I'm sure we'll expect this and also have enough on the bench to stop them if needed.

What about us? Well, for us this game is really even split between 'play those who need minutes' and 'rest those who played a lot'. That's about it. I can see Mo, Szobo, Nunez getting 45 minutes, possibly Konate if he's actually fit to train before the game. Rotate everything else really but especially Mac, Harvey, Diaz and Van Dijk. We can afford to rotate heavily, we should use that to our benefit. Use the game to get sharper and fitter for Old Trafford, use that one to fire another manager.

Life is simple.
Liverpool are amazing.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 09:11:49 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Liverpool vs Sparta Prague
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 06:49:03 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 06:49:29 pm »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 08:00:26 pm »
0 Szoboszlai gets us under way as we attack the anfield road end.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 08:02:42 pm »
2 corner to Sparta

They tried a clever one to the edge of the area but we were wise to it.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 08:04:41 pm »
4 corner to us.

Taken short ….didn't work at all.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 08:06:16 pm »
A bit more work needed on them.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2024, 08:06:55 pm »
6 good attack by the reds. Really should have scored

And Nunez does score!

1-0

Szoboszlai with a cut back from the by line, Darwin scores.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Sparta Prague Nuñez 7’
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2024, 08:07:33 pm »
Lovely goal.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Sparta Prague Nuñez 7’
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2024, 08:08:07 pm »
8 2-0

Clark

They fuck around at the back, Mo gets a toe on it and it falls to Clark who slots home.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Sparta Prague Nuñez 7’ Clark 8’
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2024, 08:09:15 pm »
That all came from Sparta attempting to play from the back, this could be a long night for them.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2024, 08:09:37 pm »
WTF happened there they were still replaying the first goal! Well done Bobby lad!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2024, 08:10:02 pm »
10 3-0. Salah.

They fuck around at the back again.  Clark robs them, drives unit the area and smashes home

:lmao
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 08:11:40 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2024, 08:10:09 pm »
OMG.  :o

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2024, 08:10:36 pm »
Hahaha wtf. 3-0 by the 10th minute.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2024, 08:11:29 pm »
We've had worse starts!!

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Liverpool 3 vs 0 Sparta Prague Nuñez 7’ Clark 8’ Mo 11’
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2024, 08:12:29 pm »
12 the reds are in again, Mo feeds Gakpo down the left, his cross is just a bit high for Darwin who can’t keep his header down.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2024, 08:13:52 pm »
14 4-0 Gakpo

Mom makes a great diagonal run he’s puts it across the area for Gakpo who couldn’t miss!
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: EL: Liv 4 vs 0 Sparta Prague Nuñez 7’ Clark 8’ Mo 11’ Gakpo 14
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2024, 08:14:46 pm »
Has anyone ever had four goals on the commentary before?  :D

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2024, 08:15:05 pm »
14 4-0 Gakpo

Slowing down. I expected 5 by now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2024, 08:15:15 pm »
Has anyone ever had four goals on the commentary before?  :D
Yeah, well, sorry folks! 
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2024, 08:15:28 pm »
Over to Jill before we score again  :lmao
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2024, 08:15:40 pm »
I've got to stop reading this thread, I've found out about 3 of the goals well before they happen on my stream.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2024, 08:16:21 pm »
A reminder that we no longer have away goals.

Sparta require 8 to take it to extra time.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2024, 08:16:32 pm »
16 Sparta having actually had the ball a bit, not that they have threatened with it, so far.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2024, 08:18:22 pm »
 :lmao Nunez is attempting to get the crowd singing. I'm not sure we need that tonight, Darwin.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2024, 08:19:25 pm »
18 Nothing much happening at the moment, we're taking a breather content to let Sparta have the ball for a while.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2024, 08:20:30 pm »
Come on Jill, sort a goal out!!

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2024, 08:20:47 pm »
:lmao Nunez is attempting to get the crowd singing. I'm not sure we need that tonight, Darwin.

Love him. 4-0 up (9-1 aggregate) and he sprints the length of the pitch, tackles their forward, and screams at the crowd.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2024, 08:20:55 pm »
18 Nothing much happening at the moment, we're taking a breather content to let Sparta have the ball for a while.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2024, 08:21:23 pm »
20 Dominic was getting up gingerly after challenging for a high ball, I think he fell awkwardly. He's up now and we win a corner, which goes in and they clear but we regain possession.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2024, 08:21:49 pm »

Someone has taken up all the goals!  ;D

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2024, 08:22:47 pm »
Could Tepid do the whole game please?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2024, 08:23:14 pm »
22 A long range shot from Sparta which Kelleher smothers easily.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2024, 08:25:08 pm »
24 Sparta maybe 4-0 down, but their fans are having an amazing time, all credit to them. We're content to keep hold of the ball, without really threatening at the moment.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2024, 08:26:38 pm »
25 A nice move ends with Salah crossing into the box but Gakpo can't quite get there, we win a corner. The corner goes in deep and Sparta clear.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2024, 08:28:07 pm »
Are we only allowed 5 subs?

Surely this is a friendly game?

Get

Salah
Nunez
Endo
Gomez
And Bradley off sharpish

Now I’ve done my stint, fine :lmao

The highest ever europa league tie score is 11-2 btw Lyinnvs AZ Alkmaar
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2024, 08:28:32 pm »
27 I would love to know how many touches we've had this half, Sparta are content to watch us pass it around at the moment, Bobby Clark is having a really good game once again.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2024, 08:31:22 pm »
30 The pace of the game has really fallen now, Sparta can't find any penetration at all, we're content to let them have the ball for stages and then we're pressing a bit. Meanwhile their fans go on bouncing.

Over to Sir Bob, let's see if he can find a goal?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2024, 08:32:03 pm »
31 Sparta free kick claimed by Kelleher
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored