Author Topic: Everton 2 vs Liverpool 0 Match Commentary, 17/10/10 k.o 13:30 BST  (Read 24799 times)

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
Re: Everton 0 vs Liverpool 0 Match Commentary, 17/10/10 k.o 13:30 BST
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2010, 02:17:08 pm »
42 minute..Liverpool pressure..but it all comes to nothing....Torres looks (as usual) isolated and needs more help in and around the Everton box.

Pace is slowing down as we approach half time...

43rd minute...Everton attack...and the danger is cleared from inside the Liverpool box...

Gerrard with an outstanding 40-50 yard first time ball into the everton half for Torres to chase..and a throw in is won.

And subsequently lost.

Everton throw in...44th minute.

Liverpool..5 games WITHOUT a win.....and a sole victory this season in the league, against West Brom...

Half time approaching....

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2010, 02:17:44 pm »
2 minutes of added time

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2010, 02:18:50 pm »
I'm watching a stream with David Pleat commentating.

God I love that man:

"And here's Sammy Lee, another inbred Liverpool player..."

With the kind of deadpan genius you can only achieve when you honestly don't get the comedy potential of what you've said. The man's a legend ;)

SMH

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2010, 02:19:14 pm »
44th minute..Osman with a long range drive..clean hit but straight at Pepe...

2 minutes of added time...

Liverpool attack...but it breaks down....

45th minute (added time)....Everton with the ball in their half...

Gerrard looks purposfl...and takes the ball into the box.

Ball out wide to Konchesky who crosses from the by line..Distin rises above Torres (again) and the ball lands in the everton box but..AGAIN..no red shirt anywhere else near the ball....

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2010, 02:19:51 pm »
HT Bitters 1 - 0

Bitters with a deserved lead going into it.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2010, 02:20:17 pm »
In the mean time.. Aquilani has just scored a fucking cracker for Juve..  ::)

:(

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2010, 02:20:32 pm »
Sammy Lee? Another "inbred" Liverpool player? Eh..................

HALFTIME...Everton 1 Liverpool 0.....

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2010, 02:21:55 pm »
HT Bitters 1 - 0

Bitters with a deserved lead going into it.

Hate saying it but..gotta agree with you. Everton look more purposeful..and as I said, it was going to be a mistake that got one of the sides in front...poor defending by Konchesky on the left...and poor marking in the box...it was so so easy for Cahill to tuck that ball away....

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2010, 02:23:18 pm »
Ray K comments: "It's a good job we replaced Insua with a full back who can defend properly, like not letting his man cross the ball into the box."

Have to agree Ray. That was poor, poor defending. Basic defending an "Experinced" defender should be able to defend against....and I still do not see Konchesky offering anything purposeful on the left....he has been and continues to be a poor acquisition.

Pheeny

Re: Everton 1 vs Liverpool 0 Match Commentary, 17/10/10 k.o 13:30 BST
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2010, 02:24:22 pm »
same old story this season.Nothing to cheer about.Abysmal all over the pitch.Although special mention has to go to Carragher I know he's out of position but he looks like a Sunday league player.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2010, 02:24:32 pm »
So half time analysis.

Our tactics have been wrong plain and simple. We are sitting back and inviting the bitters to attack us. Which we have done all season. So they attack and attack and attack and when we break it's route 1 football with a pump up to Torres alone up front who is isolated and with back to goal. He tries to hold up play while people get forward. We don't play like this. It's not us.

It's like this.

It just doesn't make sense. And you think to yourself WHY????

Lucas has been lively, Raul is looking good. Maxi has been a passenger and should really be off at half time. Has added nothing to the game.

How did we manage to find the only person who can isolate Torres? Gerrard has been great and is trying to get things going.

So far it's same old same old for us. Hopefully we are true to form and come out firing in the 2nd half. I hate that we are now a 2nd half team.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2010, 02:24:51 pm »
 Mr Dilkington comments:  "The first ten minutes or so our midfield was tryng to press the ball high up the pitch, now we are retreating deep into our own half, this is an example of what many feared, Roy has no clear idea of how he wants us to play, if there's no foundations and a general idea to build on there's no point giving him the tools to start."

You make a valid point there. The midfield and defence have done what they have been doing all season...starting high up the pitch and being pushed further back and back into our half..and our defenders are PARKED right infront of our penalty box...

How can you NOT invite pressure?

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2010, 02:26:44 pm »
Steve McMahon on SKY say's "this has been a DISGRACE....show some commitment and passion..Maxi missing in action...Torres has not had any service...where is the midfield?"

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2010, 02:27:30 pm »
Steve McMahon on SKY say's "this has been a DISGRACE....show some commitment and passion..Maxi missing in action...Torres has not had any service...where is the midfield?"

Would agree with that, cept for the midfield, they have been there.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2010, 02:27:34 pm »
OH DEAR!

Scott "expert" Minto comments that "Yakubu is putting in a man of the match performance."

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2010, 02:29:18 pm »
Red_Isle_Chap comments: "Pretty abysmal. The tactics are way, way off. Have to say, worst player out there by a mile for us at the moment is Joe Cole, he's been wasteful and very, very poor. A luxury player we can ill afford at the moment.Meireles looks like he's on his way to a second yellow at some point today, defense is all over the shop....again and Torres. Well there's not really much point in him playing at the moment is there?

At least we've bounced back in the derby..."

We just have NOT turned up for work yet again.......players are trying...but we are again sitting far too deep for us to pressure everton. Seriously...who in the Everton side with speed is going to threaten our defenders if we pushed up? Seriously? Yakubu? Cahill?

It's the SAME old story yet again. I hate repeating it but the tactics....the tactics...............!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2010, 02:29:35 pm »
Pretty abysmal. The tactics are way, way off. Have to say, worst player out there by a mile for us at the moment is Joe Cole, he's been wasteful and very, very poor. A luxury player we can ill afford at the moment.Meireles looks like he's on his way to a second yellow at some point today, defense is all over the shop....again and Torres. Well there's not really much point in him playing at the moment is there?

At least we've bounced back in the derby....

Cole has been woeful. He pops up every now and again on the left. But that's about it. Maybe switching him to the right get Maxi off and put Babel on the left?
Torres has been starved on service and is being asked to play the Zamora role. Still looking a yard off the pace. He needs to change his hair back to blonde. That's the problem right there!

Lets hope for a game turning 2nd half performance. Roy has 45 minutes left.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2010, 02:30:51 pm »
It's been far too easy for Everton.

Steve McMahon comments "the manager needs to make changes if it isn't working..you can't wait for halftime...the team is being over run and Everton are making us look like novices."

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2010, 02:32:13 pm »
To be fair Chakan, Maxi and Torres are isolated up front..Carra is hoofing the ball up at every opportunity so how to you expect Maxi to do anything if he isn't getting the ball? And Torres...what must he be thinking....no service..no support and he is doing it all on his own against 2-3 defenders.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2010, 02:32:30 pm »
It's been far too easy for Everton.

Steve McMahon comments "the manager needs to make changes if it isn't working..you can't wait for halftime...the team is being over run and Everton are making us look like novices."

*sigh too much sense being said.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2010, 02:33:18 pm »
...and by the way..."my name is christiano ronaldo..and I use clear shampoo..."

What a rather "soft" add I might say.....

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2010, 02:34:41 pm »
To be fair Chakan, Maxi and Torres are isolated up front..Carra is hoofing the ball up at every opportunity so how to you expect Maxi to do anything if he isn't getting the ball? And Torres...what must he be thinking....no service..no support and he is doing it all on his own against 2-3 defenders.

True they have been starved of service, Carra has been bypassing Maxi by hoofing it upfield. But Maxi needs to be getting more into the game then, drop back force Carra to give him the ball , he needs to assert himself a bit. Even when Kuyt is starved of service upfront you always notice him on the pitch either via tackling or tracking back or getting involved, that's what Maxi's needs doing.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2010, 02:35:36 pm »
You Never Walk Alone Belted out by the fans!
COME LIVERPOOL PICK IT UP LADS!!!

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2010, 02:36:13 pm »
 WhiteHeat made an interesting comment on another thread about Konchesky:

"To be fair he's put better crosses in than anyone so far, especially Cole."

Yea mate but we didn't sign him to cross the ball. We signed him to defend and to stop those crosses coming in the way they were with Insua at the back last season. And thus far, its silly school boy mistakes from him..one after another....match after match...

How much more experince do you need to do the simple, simple things when defending? Seriously!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2010, 02:36:27 pm »
Everton make a change, Osman off Russian with the really long name who I am not going to even attempt is on

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2010, 02:36:45 pm »
Everton make a change, Osman off Russian with the really long name who I am not going to even attempt is on

That Russian? :)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2010, 02:37:00 pm »
Everton kick off and 2nd half underway

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2010, 02:37:29 pm »
No changes for liverpool btw

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2010, 02:38:20 pm »
46:00 early chance for Maxi, lines up outside the box and it's straight at Howard

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2010, 02:39:27 pm »
Final score! Cagliari 0 Inter Milan 1. Final Score. Eto scores amid racial chants. Rafa is cruising...:)

Juventus are 2-0 up against Lecce in the 34th minute..Aqualiani with a rocket of a shot to give them the lead...

Everton sub: Diniyar Bilyaletdinov on for Osman

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2010, 02:39:39 pm »
47:00 Liverpool get thier passing game going and some nice touches around the edge of the box gets the ball to Torres but his first touch lets him down and it goes to Howard

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2010, 02:40:24 pm »
My mother says:

"Why are they letting Everton press so high without responding? I remember when you were training they always said never give the opponent time with the ball to create chances. Shouldn't a professional football manager know something I picked up when you were 10?"

Don't know if I should be proud or clinically depressed that my mother has a better tactical understanding than Roy Hodgson :sad

So true.

Could AA not have done a job for us in midfield, like what he did about 30 minutes ago?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emcy-ELSL6E&feature=youtu.be

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2010, 02:41:06 pm »
Bilyaletdinov will hence further be known as the The Russian

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2010, 02:42:15 pm »
Goal Bitters!!

48:00 Corner to everton whipped in and cleared to the edge of the box, comes to Arteta and he takes 1 touch and sends a thunderbolt straight past a stranded Reina 2-0

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2010, 02:42:44 pm »
Dire times for LFC

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2010, 02:42:57 pm »
Chakan, standby for some shocking statistics mate from the first half!

Everton 9(3) vs Liverpool 4(1) shots on goal (brackets for shots saved by the keeper)

Everton 38% possession! Liverpool 63%...(wonder how much of that % was spent passing the ball around in our half?)

Everton 5 corners Liverpool 2 corners...

Won't be surprised if we concede again to be honest..Everton are just up for it...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2010, 02:43:13 pm »
Henry whispers to his counterpart "Maybe we made a mistake?"

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2010, 02:43:45 pm »

Won't be surprised if we concede again to be honest..Everton are just up for it...

You cursed it ;)

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2010, 02:43:58 pm »
Goal Bitters!!

48:00 Corner to everton whipped in and cleared to the edge of the box, comes to Arteta and he takes 1 touch and sends a thunderbolt straight past a stranded Reina 2-0

Where was the marking? Who was covering the everton players outside the box?

Simple, simple defending errors...yet again....

Can we not do the simple things when it comes to defending?

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2010, 02:44:19 pm »
You cursed it ;)

Shiteeeeeeeeeeeeee........................................!!!!!