Author Topic: Everton 2 vs Liverpool 0 Match Commentary, 17/10/10 k.o 13:30 BST  (Read 24799 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Everton 0 vs Liverpool 0 Match Commentary, 17/10/10 k.o 13:30 BST
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2010, 01:48:53 pm »
Tackles flying in all over the place. This game has the most reds cards of any game in the PL, nailed on someone is going to be hitting the showers sooner than expected. No yellow cards so far. Webb trying to calm things down for now.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2010, 01:50:00 pm »
13 minute..a Neville free kick from the everton half is cleared...and the ball is back into the Liverpool box and Distin has time and space to turn and curl the ball towards goal that JUST misses the right hand post of the liverpool goal.

Everton look far more productive with the ball thus far than this liverpool side...

Yakubu drops as though he is fouled in the box but it was a shoulder nudge...Referee plays on and wants to hear nothing of it.

15 minute..Gerrard is warned for a foul on Arteta from behind..and gets away without a yellow (fortunate I think!)

Everton free kick in the middle of the pitch.

Thus far, it's all Everton (as expected...)..

16 minute...Dangerous ball by Arteta with Cahill charging in but he gives away a foul in the box and liverpool free kick...

Torres and Maxi have NOT had much of a sniff of the ball thus far..(as expected)....this is fustrating to watch for any liverpool supporter.

We simply are not dictating the pace of the game, nor doing very much in the everton half.

Tim Howard is having the easiest game (probably) this season thus far...

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2010, 01:50:19 pm »
Tackles flying in all over the place. This game has the most reds cards of any game in the PL, nailed on someone is going to be hitting the showers sooner than expected. No yellow cards so far. Webb trying to calm things down for now.

You could very well be right there mate...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 01:50:42 pm »
Pushing it Stevie.  Webb being concillatory

Should have been a yellow yeah. But Webb trying to have a calming effect. Look at my baldy head YOU WILL NOT FOUL.

And yet again, we are sitting deep as if we are playing against the might barca

Going to be a long day for us. We are being battered.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2010, 01:51:02 pm »
Maxi's first contribution to the game is to pick up a yellow

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2010, 01:51:02 pm »
18 minute..Maxi with a late tackle on Baines and earns the first yellow of the match....needless tackle to be honest..

Roy looks "fustrated" on the sidelines..and Chakan looks nervous...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 01:52:41 pm »
Who else thinks that Maxi got punished for being an argentian?

Well there is no Masch to go at so Maxi has to be the standin.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 01:53:30 pm »
Roy looks "fustrated" on the sidelines..and Chakan looks nervous...

Aye mate, very nervous this is not the game we want to be playing

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 01:54:05 pm »
Henry looking interested, Boughton talking to someone didn't see who, but looks animated. Come on Magneto use your powers for good!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 01:54:50 pm »
Roy up off the bench talking to the 4th official! Talk to your team Roy

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 01:55:34 pm »
First attack from Liverpool great cross from Cole, Torres gets a touch with the back of his head and Howard has to tip it over!

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2010, 01:56:14 pm »

21st minute...Liverpool attack! Lucas is so far up the pitch..I am shocked! He is at the everton box..Raul tries to link up with Gerrard, Cole and Lucas..but solidly defended by Baines....

Our first serious attacks breaks down outside the everton box.

Liverpool looking purposeful..Raul with an outstanding ball to Gerrard who passes to Cole....a deep cross into the Everton box which Torres backheaders straight at Howard.

23rd minute Liverpool corner!

Corner is cleared but out to Carra...Kyro is looking dangerous in the box..good header down to Lucas who shoots from outside the box..but the ball goes over the everton goal....

Opportunity wasted but still, a good attempt by Lucas.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2010, 01:56:17 pm »
Henry looked impressed with that chance! Showing a lot of emotion. Beyond the pale.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2010, 01:56:41 pm »
Henry looking interested, Boughton talking to someone didn't see who, but looks animated. Come on Magneto use your powers for good!

That's Werner, the president talking with Broughton....

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2010, 01:57:30 pm »
To be fair Chakan, it hasn't been a "violent" game and people are being sensible on the pitch with their tackles...

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2010, 01:57:54 pm »
Henry looked impressed with that chance! Showing a lot of emotion. Beyond the pale.

Wonder if he understands what's going on with the game? :)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2010, 01:58:15 pm »
Hodgosn looking around for some answers?.... like a vacant light :no

Needs to get the team pressing the game, this sitting back is going to be our undoing

Was it me, or did Ryan Babel look confused there with regard to who Hodgson was having a go at.

Didn't see that but could well be true.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2010, 02:00:39 pm »
Wonder if he understands what's going on with the game? :)

Probably went something to the effect of

Boughton " we are the team in red"
Henry " Uh huh"
Boughton " we need to put the little round thing in the that netty thing over there"
Henry "Uh huh"
Boughton " we need to do that a lot"
Henry " So what Quarter are we in ?"
Boughton *facepalm

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2010, 02:00:49 pm »
Howard Webb calls Raul to have a chat about a foul earlier he did on Arteta and gives him a verbal warning.

26th min..Lucas breaks and looks dangerous..the counter attack is on...ball is passed out wide to Cole and his cross is cleared..

Opportunity breaks down....

27th minute..ball is given away and Everton break..Cahill and Yakubu combine and Yakubu has the Liverpool defenders in in a mess and his shot is saved by Pepe...

A good opportunity for Everton...

Arteta and Gerrard having words with each other..both don't look too happy with one another..and a shoulder barge by Arteta on Gerrard off the ball..

Cahill earns a yellow card for a late kick on Gerrard.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2010, 02:02:15 pm »
I've been impressed with Lucas doing well in midfield and has been making quite a few runs forward. Torres still looks a yard off the pace. Joe cole needs to get involved more and Maxi has been a passenger. Babel time?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2010, 02:03:09 pm »
Raul with a foul on Yakattack and picks up a yellow

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2010, 02:03:22 pm »
29th minute..Torres wins a corner after closing down Baines at the edge of the everton box..

Gerrard with the corner!

Gerrard gets an earful from the everton supporters....

6 Liverpool players in the box....ball comes in...cleared to Raul at the edge of the box who rockets a shot in at goal...shot is charged down...and an everton counter attack is ON....and raul brings that to a halt and earns a yellow card.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2010, 02:04:25 pm »
Carra with a hoof that goes straight up hits a plane kills an pigeon burns up on re-entry and people stand around for a good 3 minutes waiting for the ball to come down.
While we wait I am going to make myself a cup of tea, hopefully by the time I get back the ball will be down.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2010, 02:05:01 pm »
I've been impressed with Lucas doing well in midfield and has been making quite a few runs forward. Torres still looks a yard off the pace. Joe cole needs to get involved more and Maxi has been a passenger. Babel time?

Lucas has looked inventive...and I have been pleasantly surprised to see a more balanced liverpool midfield...this is going to be a tight, tight game..1 goal could probably win this match...one mistake possibly....

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2010, 02:05:40 pm »
We have some good quick movers of ball in lucas, raul, maxi and even cole.

Our midfield is boss today! *cough no Poulsen *cough

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2010, 02:06:33 pm »
Goal to the bitters :(

Coleman gets behind konchesy and lays a ball back for Cahill who is free on the 6yd box and rifles the shot past Pepe.... no chance

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2010, 02:06:54 pm »
1 - 0 Bitters

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2010, 02:06:56 pm »
32 minute..Maxi breaks forward..lay's the ball off to Lucas who crosses the ball in looking for Torres but it is too high and carrying much to fast for Torres to do anything with it....everton goal kick.

33 minute! Everton Score! Cahill scores!

Konchesky is beaten on the left...with a sound cross and Cahill is left unmarked in the box to tuck away the ball in to the top corner of the goal..Pepe is beaten.

Everton 1 Liverpool 0.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2010, 02:07:37 pm »
Henry not impressed.
Skittles just standing watching proceedings and Konchesky not closing down. Pepe had no chance.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2010, 02:07:57 pm »
Goal to the bitters :(

Coleman gets behind konchesy and lays a ball back for Cahill who is free on the 6yd box and rifles the shot past Pepe.... no chance

You would think, an experinced defender like Konchesky would know the basics of defending and not allowing a cross like that. That was really really poor from Konchesky...and where was the marking in the box?

Deserved Everton goal (hate saying it)...

Roy looks lost.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2010, 02:08:02 pm »
Roy with the familiar hand on chin deep in thought.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2010, 02:08:33 pm »
Poxy git Cahill

Aye won't have an easier chance this season

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2010, 02:09:23 pm »
35 minute: Everton corner...more Everton pressure...

Carra marking Cahill now for the corner...corner is cleared and another Everton corner..

Every liverpool player in the box defending...

Corner is cleared by Gerrard for a Everton throw in...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2010, 02:10:42 pm »
The goal for Everton was inevitable, we're sitting back and inviting pressure. Also not surprised at Cahill scoring, and my god; it wasn't even a header  :o

Yup it's a deserved goal. Been pressuring us from the start, true for Cahill to score with his feet you know we are doing something wrong.

Konchesky is so shit.

Basics of defending get to your man close him down , not doing the basics cost us

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2010, 02:11:55 pm »
Reina with a wayward throw out to Cole but goes straight to an everton defender. :(

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2010, 02:12:52 pm »
Half time can't come soon enough. We need to put in a great 2nd half. I believe Roy has 50 minutes left to save his job.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2010, 02:13:16 pm »
Dalglish in the stands. Looking very very concerned.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2010, 02:14:12 pm »

38th minute...Everton corner...

Howard it must be said, has probably had his quietest derby match thus far!

Corner is cleared and Everton with the ball (again!)...

Liverpool win the ball and are looking for players who are wanting the ball but we are being pushed back, and back and back...all the way back into our edge of our penalty box..

Liverpool finally get out of our half...fine work between Gerrard and Lucas..but Cole and Torres collide..both went for the same ball in the everton box..and everton clear...

Things are not going our way thus far...

Kenny Dalglish sitting behind the new owners and not looking impressed it must be said...

40th minute..Torres wins a free kick in the everton half.

Gerrard and Konchesky combine...ball is crossed into the everton box..Distin rises and beats Torres..ball lands in the box but no liverpool striker in the box and it's cleared...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2010, 02:14:18 pm »
Chants of USA USA USA :lmao

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2010, 02:17:03 pm »
Fidgety Roy on the sideline.....looking for his afternoon tea instead of getting up the team ::)

Wrong tactics so far this sit deep and invite pressure is going to cost us this game.

After a month and a half, what I'd like to know is if Konchesky was the answer, what the fuck was the question? Abysmal at the back, average going forward...

Who can we get that is worse than Insua might have been the question?