Author Topic: IDEA instead of MOSAIC for JUSTICE & HJC - read  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
IDEA instead of MOSAIC for JUSTICE & HJC - read
« on: July 24, 2002, 07:42:50 pm »
PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE....Don't just think this is some idle idea by someone...every plan starts somewhere...this idea is still only an idea...im posting it for feedback, and to seek help from people in the know......ta! :D

Ive often thought about this...and i dont reakon the club would support a justice mosaic, and deffo not a s*n boycott one..too contreversial for them!
WHAT ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!

We get x amount of A4 cards made all with the same thing and have them laminated or something on them...

(eg Boycott the S*n...JUSTICE & 2 flames)

then we sell them on ere, RAWK, RAOTL etc for say £1.50 a go, then we arrange a game and advertise it on all boards in the fanzines etc...and then sell them outside anfield, and in the pubs..and on the day we all raise the cards at 2:55...although it wouldnt make a mosaic, camera's would be curious and photo/film it...and there we go!

Then people can choose if they are taken to the game each time after that, its upto them, or use them as posters in windows etc.

the money reaised pays for the cost of producing, and all remainder goes to HJC?

what do you think?
i would love...in fact, i would be honoured to do this with my fellow reds?

Roper

« Last Edit: July 25, 2002, 06:25:20 pm by Roper »

Offline Sabbi yypia

• Too classy by far for this place
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re:IDEA instead of MOSAIC for JUSTICE & HJC - read
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 09:44:27 pm »
its a great idea, do you need financial contributions?

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 11:45:07 pm »
This was tried at the home game v Spurs in May 97. The crowd, and the players, held up Justice for the 96 cards before the game. Unfortunately, although the game was live on Sky, the holding up  of the cards co-incided with a commercial break.

As you say, the cameras would surely be curious, however, as Rupert Murdoch owns both Sky and the Sun, it appears it was conveniently overlooked on that occassion, even when David James pushed his card right in front of the camera.

But yes, great idea, just not at a Sky game

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 08:36:43 am »
Stoz, good point....

well as we know the sky cameras have a commercial break from when the players walk out until just b4 the kick off. but, we would have to either choose a non sky match...or pick a time in the sky game to do it.

also, what about by notifying rival papers, that way they may be intersted and be ready when it happens to take shots etc? just an idea like?

Scall

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 11:24:38 am »
Just some more thoughts like ta get dis going:-

 Run the idea wiv HJC Shop ta get them on board.
 Can they assist wiv licence ta sell on streets
 Can they assist wiv ID cards and collection buckets
 Canvass support from local pubs ta sell cards
 Design an agree card layout
 Are materials and production costs an implication
 Agree how many cards ta produce
 Obtain necessary materials fa printing, paper, lamination.
 Print cards and produce final article
 Agree match date for Justice day
 Canvass helpers from web an fanzine sites
 Canvass interest from media, local, national
 All system go, great success raise loads fa HJC Shop

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 11:29:55 am »
Notifying Rival papers would be easy. The Mirror, the Inependant etc.. all those other shitty tabloids.

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2002, 01:34:45 pm »
As usual Scall....I thank you  :)

Offline Steve C

• Gone... but not forgotten - I hope some day you will join us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2002, 01:54:02 pm »
Interesting idea, lets see how it develops.

PS: to Matt S - I've not heard the Independent called a tabloid before!

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2002, 03:45:49 pm »
Were you thinking of the Express?

P.S totally unrelated, do you need some sort of license to sell outside the ground! e.g A FANZINE!

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2002, 06:02:49 pm »
Aparently so curly mate...

I know its only in early stages of:-

Ideas
Arrangement
Planning ............etc

but everything starts somewhere! :D

Offline GedKicksIce

• Main Stander
  • Done the treble
    • LE BOSS!
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2002, 07:34:59 pm »
go for it i say! First thing I think would be a good idea to get the ball rolling as it where  - is to get some actulal ideas and designs for the A4 cards/posters.  Cos once you actually have something concrete as it where, to show people here, then it would show that the idea was on it's way to being reality, and people can then say what they like, or what they would prefer. If you need any help with that, gimme a shout, I can put ideas of designs into practise, and have webspace to upload them onto to show them as well should you need it.
S U P P O R T

Offline tommy-

• Kopite
  • Take me drunk, i'm home!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2002, 01:34:05 pm »
My email address: tommy@gameslab.co.uk

...i dont like posting it on lfc.tv

cheers

Offline daddymac

• THE IGOR BISCAN FANCLUB
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2002, 02:21:22 pm »
Great idea. I am willing to help in any way possible - helping outside the ground etc.

My only worry is that a number of people wouldn't buy them and it would only look like a handful of people in the papers. It would really make a point if there was the whole kop and other stands. How about if you make a donation (50p - £1) in then HJC bucket going round the pubs then you get a JUSTICE card to hold up? (in the same fashion that other charities give out badges if you donate a pound) Then on the back of the card it tells you when to hold it up.

Good idea and i hope with everyones ideas it develops fully... About time the profile of the cause was raised again  

On another point - wasn't there an idea about a dont buy the sun web site? If this has progressed the website could be advertised on the cards. Therefore when people saw pictures in the paper they would investigate and read some of the accounts, poems and what the scum did. Surely the whole idea here is to rasie awareness again?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2002, 02:24:36 pm by daddymac »
Babel's clincher was the absolute jizz on the tits.

Offline cyn

• Archivist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2002, 02:44:56 pm »
I, too, am wondering about the Don't Buy The S*n website. Tim Kelly doesn't appear on forums too often - maybe someone like Rushian can contact him?

Offline tommy-

• Kopite
  • Take me drunk, i'm home!
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2002, 08:21:53 pm »
On another point - wasn't there an idea about a dont buy the sun web site? If this has progressed the website could be advertised on the cards. Therefore when people saw pictures in the paper they would investigate and read some of the accounts, poems and what the scum did. Surely the whole idea here is to rasie awareness again?

I asked about this in the .tv forums but got told to leave it. But it is somthing i feel would be a good idea specially for the less aware.

I'm okay with all the html/php and graphics but would need some help with the content(not the best of writers  ;) )

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2002, 10:06:57 pm »
Sounds like a good idea, dunno about sellin em for a quid though, nice idea as any profits could be donated to the HJC but people are tits and probably wouldnt have a clue what was going on so wouldnt pay that much... Might be best to sell em @ cost.

As for the dont buy the s*n website... dunno, I'v been asking about whats been happening for a bit but never seem to find anything out

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2002, 10:15:26 pm »
Would be an excellent idea, but instead of/as well as having an allotted time, if the match is broadcast live on Sky...if someone was taking a throw-in/corner/goal-kick etc, they could be displayed then as there is no way Sky could miss it out: the match is live. It would also then be on the highlights if they were displayed by people directly behind goals...can't not show all the goals, surely?

Offline Jon G

• I'm Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya. PM Jon Hall if you can read this...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2002, 10:17:37 pm »
How about a Champions League game live on ITV, far more people would watch that than a live Sky game.
NOTHING GREAT HAS EVER BEEN ACHIEVED WITHOUT PASSION - CARRAGHER 23

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2002, 10:50:12 am »
Good ideas,

An ideal type of game would have been in the days when it was live on the BEEB, as there was no breaks/adverts at the beginning, so you could show it then....

Champions league game would be a wide audience, as its terestrial, and also is broadcast to a wider audience.

But we are miles off getting anything sorted, just ideas flying round at the moment. I would be interested to hear from people who have help with things previously...eg where things were printed? cost? timescales?

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2002, 08:00:51 pm »
we can do it more than once, we could do it every time theres a televised game couldnt we?

I dont spose the club would want us to do it, therefore wouldnt let us sell them from the programme booths.

Offline cyn

• Archivist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2002, 01:48:21 pm »
NHE, has this been posted on YNWA? If not, could you please repost it there? Thanks.

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2002, 11:01:00 am »
Dunno cyn?  ???

Scall

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2002, 03:33:05 pm »
Roper mate, ay have a mate thah works in printing industry and is a die hard Red. If wez could come up wiv some estimated figures ay is sure he will cost if ya us and maybe????? Help wiv cost like.
 Quantity, colour and type of card A4, white is cheapest

 Colour of print, black on white is cheapest, each additional colour doubles cost sorta.

 Wording

 Printing cost, single run is cheaper than small runs e.g. 5,000 around twice price of 1,000

 Laminating. Thinx this is done after printing not sure.

 Packaging, say boxed up in 500’s or 1000’s, less packaging less cost, but then handling and storage issues. The latter maybe HJC shop would be able ta store, thereby taking delivery.

If possible ta firm up or maybe look at options e.g. cost ta produce 5,000, 10,000 etc, ay could get costings, then see how much, if any, of above as freebies?

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2002, 04:11:18 pm »
Great idea.

How about seeing if we could arrange a board against the wall with loads of HJC things on it for sale.

Even if we have to get permission from Liverpool City Council, It would be worth it in the long run.  
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2002, 05:52:36 pm »
Iv'e been thinking.

How about asking the local pub managers to have behind each bar a number of HJC badges for sale and maybe a collection tin / bottle for people to put donations in.

I mean ALL the time, not just on match days / nights.

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2002, 10:30:30 pm »
Both good and valid ideas Mottman :)

Scall, Ive replied to your thread on the official boards...Id cut it and paste it here, but my pc is playing up and keeps putting little boxes and symbols in, instead of speech marks, and dashes etc...:no

Offline Mottman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2002, 11:51:16 pm »
Roper,

Alright mate, just back from the latest HJC meeting.

1.Run the idea with HJC Shop to get them on board.

They love the idea?,this or any other fundraising ideas and will of course give you there blessing.

2.Can they assist with licence to sell on streets.

Yes, they had a license but it expired, an application for a new licence will be in the post tomorrow morning.  Not a problem.

3.Can they assist with ID cards and collection buckets.

Yes, this is not a problem, all they need to sufficient time to organise this at there end.

4.Canvass support from local pubs to sell cards

Yes, I don’t think this is a problem either, the only thing I would say is get in touch with each pub’s manager or Manageress and give them as much advance notice as possible. Try and get a letter from them agreeing to support this idea.

5.Canvass helpers from web and fanzine sites.

You would be amazed at the numbers of people who will help, once its agreed what and when to do it. Try and get as many LFC web sites as possible involved.

PayPal, an easy and secure way to pay for goods via the internet.  This is also a goer, the HJC have applied for a debit card (I had previoulsy said they need a Visa card, I was wrong).

A link will be put on the HJC web site as soon as its available, we will let you know first anyway.

Delighted that things seem to be moving very well.

Don't forget the HJC shop is open tomorrow between 6:00 and 7:45.

Cheers.
 8)
Mottman.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2002, 11:51:56 pm by Mottman »

Offline minnie

• Boys Pen
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2002, 08:26:33 am »
Scall, reckon that a bog-standard A4 card, printed 1 colour & laminated 1 side should cost about £350 for about 6000 copies. 10,000 copies would only cost about £500. Printing in an extra colour would add maybe £100. I guess that if these are being sold on, you could be onto a big money maker :D

I'm pretty certain that my contacts could sort out free print & lamination, so that just leaves the paper...

If someone can sort out some artwork, I'd be happy to get the printing etc sorted ;)

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2002, 08:32:51 am »
Well done all and thanks for the update Mottman.

We can always rely on you and John Mac to give us the updates.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Scall

« Reply #29 on: August 2, 2002, 08:11:13 am »
Roper mate really sorry, ay posted dis on LFC.tv yesterdee an on here but ay posted here on another thread of yours,

Roper mate, had a meet wiv me mate thahs inta printing, he’s a good mate an is Red through an through. He has contacts wiv paper suppliers and printers who also support LFC and support da Justice campaign. May be able ta get card free wiv reduced printing costs. Hes gonna come back ta us wiv  some options an prices next week hopefully, soz ay will get back ta ya mate.

One problem, is referring ta da S*n on da card. Discussions wiv mates of relatives an other people close ta subject in thah, in their humble opinion, any reference ta da S*n wivin da ground could possibly be taken as an insult and be deeply offended. Also, it wuz commented thah de newspaper would see it as free advertising and start publishing all sorts about Liverpool and Liverpool people an opening up old wounds like. As this wuz coming from people who have been directly involved wiv Hillsborough ay wuz well embarrassed and backed off. Whether we would need ta ask others, ay ain’t sure, trying ta get a balance of putting us message across wivout offended those closely involved.

JUSTICE for the 96

RIP

YNWA

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 2, 2002, 08:35:51 am »
Minnie...see Scalls superb post above mine...:D

Is that a deffo on the printing and laminating??

Scall superb news that mate, I understand about the text situation, and that was just a idea that flew out me head...we would have to pick something a bit more thoughtful and one that all agreed on.

Cheers everyone :d

Roper

Offline cyn

• Archivist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #31 on: August 3, 2002, 02:09:12 am »
Roper, there's a very good forum at
http://www.ynwa.co.uk

Why don't you go and repost your idea there? (assuming it's not been posted there already)

Offline mark s

• gone fishin'
  • Legacy Fan
  • used to be a regular but now just irregular
« Reply #32 on: August 3, 2002, 09:35:27 am »
this a mock up, let me know what you think. If you want me to change it or if you have any ideas let me know
« Last Edit: August 3, 2002, 01:45:55 pm by mark »
the anfield shrine - those were the days my friend

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 3, 2002, 07:41:23 pm »
Mark, love that mate :D

Offline mark s

• gone fishin'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 3, 2002, 08:03:52 pm »
roper, is there any thing else i need to add on there or is that good enough?

Offline *Gareth*

• The other Gareth
  • Anny Roader
  • Justice
    • Hillsborough Justice Campaign
« Reply #35 on: August 3, 2002, 08:07:26 pm »
Very good that Mark  ;)
Bill Shankly on Tommy Smith

"If he isn't named Footballer of the Year, football should be stopped and the men who picked any other player should be sent to the Kremlin"

Offline cyn

• Archivist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #36 on: August 3, 2002, 08:10:59 pm »
Excellent erm.. Mark.

Enjoyed the fishing programme?

Offline mark s

• gone fishin'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 3, 2002, 08:12:04 pm »
yeah it was great cyn!  ;D

Offline cyn

• Archivist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #38 on: August 3, 2002, 08:50:00 pm »
Roper, perhaps you could ask Scall and the others to take a look at Mark's mock-up?

Offline Mottman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 3, 2002, 10:43:26 pm »
This should be posted to

info@hillsboroughjustice.org.uk

To let them know, what is going on.

My opinion, if it counts.  Brilliant.