Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers is no longer Liverpool manager  (Read 150788 times)

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
Re: Rodgers sacked
« Reply #160 on: October 4, 2015, 06:41:43 pm »
Brendan will eventually be a success. Intelligent young manager who will learn from his time with us.

Thanks for 13/14 Brendan, and all the best.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #161 on: October 4, 2015, 06:41:46 pm »
Regardless of recent performances, this is sad news. How long ago does 18 months ago seem?  :-\

Good luck Brendan.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #162 on: October 4, 2015, 06:41:49 pm »
I'm not sad he's gone...he tried and failed.

Good luck to him

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 4, 2015, 06:41:51 pm »
Shame it's ended this way. I guess there will be a few on here celebrating tonight. I won't. I just hope the next manager we appoint has a proven track record. If it isn't Klopp or Ancelotti I'm going to be very annoyed.
Mourinho on the ropes more than likely forced their hand if they wanna nail down Klopp

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #164 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:00 pm »
Woah.  I'm really torn about this.  It had better be because they've got Klopp all lined up.

All the best Brendan.  Thanks for 2013/14.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #165 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:08 pm »
I hint this has never been more appropriate

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:16 pm »
Dick Advocaat meant the first to go stigma was gone and it's the international break which is the best time to make this kind of transition outside of the summer... still a shock. Good that it seems no one in the club was leaking this story to the papers I suppose.

Hopefully people remember the good things Rodgers did for this club - mainly promotion of youth and some beautiful football when things clicked - as well as the form of the last year or so that has seen the tide turn on him.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:20 pm »
It's happened.
Hardly unexpected.
The club goes on.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:22 pm »
I'm pretty gutted about this.

Right thing to do but I don't have any time for the way the man has been treated at times by our own fans.

I have absolutely no doubt he's going to make an excellent manager.

Best of luck Brendan and thanks for your efforts.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #169 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:25 pm »
Good luck for the future Brendan. It was a fucking brilliant seeing the support woken up that season.

Really wasn't expecting that tonight. Have feeling that it's events elsewhere which has pushed this.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:34 pm »
All the best Brendan 13/14 was one of the best seasons in recent memory,hope they go for an established manager and don't fuck around getting frank de boer or gary monk.agree with the whole scrapping of the transfer committee and all that shite.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:37 pm »
Sad day. Brendan was a good man who I believe understood the club, and always treated our club and the fans with respect. I will always be grateful for the exhilarating ride in 13/14. The results have been generally disappointing since then, but I believe with time it would have worked out. He has a positive footballing philosophy and I hope he is able to make it work somewhere, and I wish him success in the future.

It is absolutely critical we make the right appointment now, and fix anything else broken behind the scenes.

Some of our 'fans' need to take a good hard look at themselves over how they have spoken about (personal insults, slurs) a decent and honest man who could only do his best as LFC manager (we have no god-given right to success, either).
« Last Edit: October 4, 2015, 06:45:01 pm by Reds Flag »

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:45 pm »
At least the season is still salvageable. We have two routes to CL footie.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #173 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:45 pm »
Didn't think it would happen so fast. I feel he had taken us as far as he could; we will never forget 2013/14 so thanks for that Brendan. I also think he needed it himself; the pressure was too much and now he can take a break and go back to the drawing board and see how he can improve in the future.

The next manager needs to be a proven one or else we'll just be going around in circles. The next manager also needs his own setup. Let's see how ambitious FSG really are.

Online Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:47 pm »
Holy crap on a cracker! Didn't think they'd actually pull the trigger so soon. Hopefully klopp is lined up.

Not having a big name lined up and sacking BR would be ridiculous.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 4, 2015, 06:42:59 pm »
Thanks for everything, Brendan. Two seasons ago was one of the wildest rides we've been on as a club and, personally, I'll never forget it. I hate the way things ended and how quickly so many of our supporters got the knives out. Whatever they thought of you personally, you deserved better than that. Best of luck in the future. YNWA

I want to second this.

This may be the "right move" but such things usually don't feel as dirty for me as this does.

As for what is next, there already has to be something lined up. Absolutely has to be - otherwise, what even was the point of not doing it in the summer?
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:01 pm »
Gutted.

FSG better have a replacement already signed up and not be about to waste weeks/months finding one.

Klopp or Ancelotti in now please

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #177 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:02 pm »
Wow. Didn't really expect that at this point.

Right, if belated, decision though.

I would assume a replacement is already lined up, though given how this club is run, it wouldn't be very surprising if not.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #178 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:08 pm »
Well.

Klopps quotes yesterday looking more interesting now.
What quotes?

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:12 pm »
Well shit. There you go, ruthless that. Not sure how I feel, would be nice if we get somebody who can sort out the fucking defence mind.

Now not only do I need a new name, I need a new picture too. Fuck sake.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:18 pm »
Should've gone after the Stoke game, everyone knew it. The owners have sacrificed this season but better late than never I guess. Over 3 years Rodgers has been a huge failure because he gave up on his vision after about 4 months in the job. The only thing I'm sad about is that liverpool fans will turn up their noses at promising young managers simply because Rodgers wasn't good enough. A brave manager who can stick to a way of playing and create an identity could yet be the right one for liverpool FC even if his trophy cabinet isn't very glittery.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #181 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:21 pm »
Gotta hope the owners have the replacement lined up already and we don't doss about for a few weeks now.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline red_dub

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:26 pm »
Wow,  I liked Rodgers, sad to be honest. Ynwa
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:35 pm »
Sad but glad they've done it now as nothing was changing on the pitch. They need to weed out that little rat bag Ayre though,  and if they don't appoint someone of the calibre this club deserves then they should sell up and hand the reigns to more competent custodians.
Football is a lie

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #184 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:39 pm »
Its the right choice as much as it saddens me.

The rumour that FSG met Ancellotti a week last monday will probably gather pace now.

We simply must bring in a big name & CA ticks all the boxes.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:42 pm »
We need to basically get a manager in who other teams will shit themselves at. A winner, a truly world class manager.

Otherwise were finished. At least under this ownership.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:42 pm »
Klopp, Goetze, Gundogan and Aubemeyang lined up would be a good start  ;)

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #187 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:51 pm »
My money is on Klopp.

Graham Beecroft is saying Ancelotti.

The original admirer of 4-4-2 diamond.

Offline Lord Vader

• Birthday: fourth of May.
  • Anny Roader
  • Sith Master
« Reply #188 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:54 pm »
The test of how good or bad a manager we have just removed will be his record at the clubs he goes to - my prediction is we did the right thing even if the messiah is not incoming.

I hope this swift action is to make sure chelsea don't have first refusal on available mangers.

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:55 pm »
Good lord. The correct decision I suspect, but sad.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Adeel90

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #190 on: October 4, 2015, 06:43:59 pm »
Although I completely agree with the decision, it's really sad to see a manager I had such faith in and who had Liverpool playing the best football I've played in my life time (and a Gerrard slip away from the league) leave. Should have stuck to his principles. Good luck Brendan and thanks for your hard work.

You have to make the right decision now FSG, we are finished if we make the wrong appointment now. Also, can the transfer committee also fuck off?
'Aim for the sky and you will reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you won't get off the floor.' Bill Shankly

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #191 on: October 4, 2015, 06:44:08 pm »
Best of luck to him - shame it didn't work out

Thanks for 13/14 Brendan - Will never forget that run in.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 4, 2015, 06:44:09 pm »
goodbye brendan and thank you for that 1 decent season. however, writing was on the wall and i hope FSG have a good replacement lined up.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #193 on: October 4, 2015, 06:44:15 pm »
Good luck Brendan, shame it never worked out.  :wave

Really wanted it to but we have be stagnating for a year now.  What else can we do?

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #194 on: October 4, 2015, 06:44:19 pm »
Pretty clear Carragher doesn't like Rodgers

That's alright.  I don't like Carragher.

Thanks for the great times, Brendan. Best of luck in the future.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 4, 2015, 06:44:21 pm »
WTF! Was preparing the slow-cooker  lamb shanks, meanwhile Rodgers gets sacked. Welcome to Liverpool Sean Dyche.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 4, 2015, 06:44:26 pm »
Thanks for everything Brendan! Good luck with your next club!

Offline D0GFACE

• "..... there'snoplacelikehome ..... there'snoplacelikehome ....."
  • Kopite
« Reply #197 on: October 4, 2015, 06:44:26 pm »
Thanks but it wasn't to be! Good luck Brendan, YNWA
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #198 on: October 4, 2015, 06:44:29 pm »
Although I cant argue with the decision I cant help but feel upset. He was a good man and I did his best for us.

I think this job was a bit to soon for him. I think he will go on to be a successful manager.

Thanks for 13/14 Brendan.

"Salahs in here......"

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 4, 2015, 06:44:30 pm »
Shame it's ended this way. I guess there will be a few on here celebrating tonight. I won't. I just hope the next manager we appoint has a proven track record. If it isn't Klopp or Ancelotti I'm going to be very annoyed.