Author Topic: FAC: Manchester U 3 vs 2 Liverpool ‘18 ‘59 Mo ‘26 Gwood ‘48 Rash ‘79 Twat  (Read 49326 times)

Offline Carrard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
You know you’re being a tit when you get rushy shouting at you and fucking off 😂

Up the reds down the blues
I hate Mancs you should to

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
*Looks through rushys post to see where he said one mistake, fails*

I would try looking a bit harder.

We have done outstandingly without the best CB in the world

The only gripe this season has been the forwards not scoring for the last 4 weeks

Now they did it’s let’s moan about the defence because a young lad who had to step in v Man U away fucked up. He wasn’t even that fkn bad after. Virgil himself could’ve done that. It happens

Everything isn’t ok, yes. It will get better if we play like that today.

And you better fucking believe I can be pissed off about people going on about it after what these boys have give us 

I’m off. Not usually one to bitch about the after game threads as I understand it’s a way to vent. But this has been a joke

Night

To me the bolded bit indicates that Rushyman is saying that Rhys messed up for the 2nd goal but wasn't that bad after that.

The problem is that Rhys made a succession of positional errors, kept going to ground and was culpable for both of the first two goals. As I said it isn't his fault he is way out of his depth.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Carrard

• Kopite
I would try looking a bit harder.

To me the bolded bit indicates that Rushyman is saying that Rhys messed up for the 2nd goal but wasn't that bad after that.

The problem is that Rhys made a succession of positional errors, kept going to ground and was culpable for both of the first two goals. As I said it isn't his fault he is way out of his depth.

Think even rushy himself said that mate

My gathering is he’s looking at the positive perfoamce of the forwards and understanding a YTS lad was at the back
Up the reds down the blues
I hate Mancs you should to

Offline Willy Poolman

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never RAWK Alone
I saw a definite improvement in the team performance this game. We attacked with greater confidence and it payed dividends. Two goals from Mo is something to celebrate, given the recent goal drought, and I was thrilled to see it. Wish he could have scored a hattrick.

Of course, we paid the cost at the other end of the field. Conceding three was not fun, and highlights the limitations we face with our stand-in centre backs. But I do think Jurgen took an opportunity to field test some potential solutions to our league performances. I am not suggesting that he and the team chucked in the towel as far as the cup is concerned, but I do think this was an opportunity to trial a few options without risking too much in the process.

Yes, we lost, and to that shower of all teams, so we are out of the cup. But if we are seeing green shoots of recovery for a better league performance, then I am quietly positive about how we will manage a terrible set of circumstances in the second half of the season. 

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
Have you no issue with our defending ?
Would you not agree that Klopp seems to be saying he wants one but it’s out of his hands...?
Don’t think it’s hysterical that posters pointing out the obvious and going by our recent run things will probably not get better without action.
Don’t get why being complacent and waiting til the summer would make any sense with what’s happening  on the field ... all for
Optimism but pointing out glaring issue that if fixed may change our season for the better is also supporters hoping for the best for the team.. hardly hysterical

Apart from today's game when he conceded 3 goals -the other games in January we have not won have been due to not taking our chances -that is not a defensive problem and buying a cheap option centre back in the January sales will not change that!

As for hysteria -yes the way some people are writing and commenting on here you would think he have no chance of silverware this season!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
The biggest mistake is by Salah who drops off massively when we're out of shape and gives Rashford all the time to pick a pass. If he is able to hold up Rashford like a second more we have 3 players sprinting back who can cover the only real pass that was in. Going across to cover an attacker who's a fair bit ahead of Salah when he first picks up the ball is not that big a mistake.

I agree Salah should do better but Rashford picks the ball up out wide midway in his own half. There is no way Rhys should be looking to go and close him down when his centre back partner is in the centre circle. Doing so means Fabinho gets dragged across and our two centre backs get taken out with one ball.

Rhys kept doing it time and time again. If you aren't quick then don't get dragged out wide by a player like Rashford. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Apart from today's game when he conceded 3 goals -the other games in January we have not won have been due to not taking our chances -that is not a defensive problem and buying a cheap option centre back in the January sales will not change that!

As for hysteria -yes the way some people are writing and commenting on here you would think he have no chance of silverware this season!

On the face it we haven't conceded goals but that's because we have sacrificed our fullback play, our midfield in order to minimize opportunities to the opposition. So defensive mistakes weren't the main problem for this month's performances, HOWEVER, the domino effect is caused by the defensive issues in terms of personal. That's not conjecture, that's just the simple truth. Midfielders playing as centerbacks, which impacts our best midfield, ability to press high effectively, our fullbacks not as forward in order to compensate for the lack of pace that we usually have in our CB pairings, and then it's impacting our ability to create chances for the front three.

You are always going to miss chances, but you have to create a decent amount of them in order to give yourself a chance to score. Against West Brom we had the game won, self inflicted errors led to a corner which led to a goal. Against Newcastle we had more than enough chances and actually that's the biggest disappointment as Newcastle offered no threat, but the other games we couldn't break teams down effectively and were blunt all over.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
Feel for the youngster Williams but  he is way, way off. Surprised he is the pick of the youth CBs as I don’t really see any stand out attributes that would indicate large potential.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I agree Salah should do better but Rashford picks the ball up out wide midway in his own half. There is no way Rhys should be looking to go and close him down when his centre back partner is in the centre circle. Doing so means Fabinho gets dragged across and our two centre backs get taken out with one ball.

Rhys kept doing it time and time again. If you aren't quick then don't get dragged out wide by a player like Rashford.

And he goes to ground to easily and then in the process doesn't win the ball.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Badly wanted to win for all sorts of reasons but, with the way the world is now and may be the next couple of months, also the injuries and some obvious fatigue, 4 (potentially, otherwise why would be bother) games less is actually quite welcome. We have 2 games a week for the next few weeks then Leipzig. Winning the FA cup and finishing 5th would be a disaster and one we quite rightly would laugh at were it United. Let them have the extra game(s) and we'll see how they get on.

Pissed off though.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Signing a centre back would enable us to play one, if not both of our best two midfielders in their best positions, which would in turn potentially improve us all over the field.

While the defensive problem was evident today, but not for the three of four games before that perhaps, of course we’ve got an issue that needs addressing.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Fucks sake.

You all still whining about this?

Get a life. Have a bevvie.

Move on.

Normally I'd be after the FA cup, but with the injuries covid, the shittiness of life at the moment and fucking referees - there are bigger things to moan about than this fucking game.

Let it go.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Think even rushy himself said that mate

My gathering is he’s looking at the positive perfoamce of the forwards and understanding a YTS lad was at the back

The issue though is that we only had a much better attacking performance because we unleashed the full backs. The first two goals sum it up. For the opener we are four v four with Trent and Robbo pushed up almost to the edge of the 18 yard box. It was the same for their goal. Our full backs were completely out of the game.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
Fucks sake.

You all still whining about this?

Get a life. Have a bevvie.

Move on.

Normally I'd be after the FA cup, but with the injuries covid, the shittiness of life at the moment and fucking referees - there are bigger things to moan about than this fucking game.

Let it go.

People are more arsed because it's the Mancs. Today was actually the first time I planned on not watching a game in years, but ended up doing so anyway. Can't recall the last time I was relaxed about playing the Mancs, that's how little I cared about the result. What I personally wanted  to see is some improvements in the attacking third. I thought we showed that, and hopefully it gives us a spark and idea for going forward. Ultimately I don't believe we can compete in 3 competitions, I believed that even without the injuries, let alone now. I still believe that we have a decent chance of going further in Europe, as long as we can pair Fabinho and Matip. But imo there is not a way for us to manage 3 competitions.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He hasn't got a choice there, there should be cover behind Rhys. He's dammed is he does and dammed if he doesn't.  We're missing that defensive instinct that that Fabinho gives in DM, he senses it.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Some of you guys were the kid that hit the reset button every time you fell behind in a video game as kids. It shows.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
People are more arsed because it's the Mancs. Today was actually the first time I planned on not watching a game in years, but ended up doing so anyway. Can't recall the last time I was relaxed about playing the Mancs, that's how little I cared about the result. What I personally wanted  to see is some improvements in the attacking third. I thought we showed that, and hopefully it gives us a spark and idea for going forward. Ultimately I don't believe we can compete in 3 competitions, I believed that even without the injuries, let alone now. I still believe that we have a decent chance of going further in Europe, as long as we can pair Fabinho and Matip. But imo there is not a way for us to manage 3 competitions.

Well said mate.

Normally I'd have been up for this game because I might be going to a final. That will never happen this time round.

I'd be up for it with the rivally and shit but thousands of people are dying a day.

People can't work. People can't live.

We as a club are somehow still delivering football.

I'd love to be upset and to be down about a result, but I know people that have died. I know people that are dying. I know people that have lost people. I know people that are ill right now.

Puts things into perspective.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Reds r coming up the hill

• Main Stander

And that’s fair enough that’s the way you see it.. you are not blaming the issues on the defence rather on our misfiring front line.. no problem with that except you are overlooking the obvious in that we are totally out of balance by putting our best dm at cb to cover and as a result also shifting Thiago to a dm role and he hasn’t got that pace to chase after fast runners...
I think Klopp wants that cb position filled
To push players back
Into correct positions and Shape. Still there are bright spots
And overall I thought today was an improvement on recent games.
Don’t think
It will do any harm to hope
For reinforcements after this run

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I thought today was generally encouraging, we looked more aggressive than we had in a while and Salah was making those dangerous runs again. Unfortunately it was also the first time when having all of our main central defenders out made a visible difference, but Williams (and Phillips for that matter) won't be facing a player of Rashford's calibre every week. I still feel Thiago needs to be next to at least one of Hendo, Naby or Fabinho to really gel with the rest of the team, but I thought Jones in the team made a real difference today.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
#Kloppout is actually trending in the UK. Absolute fuckin' mega weapons have started supporting us in the last few years.  :butt :butt :no :no :no

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
#Kloppout is actually trending in the UK. Absolute fuckin' mega weapons have started supporting us in the last few years.  :butt :butt :no :no :no
The overwhelming majority are tweets saying how stupid the hashtag is!  ;D

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan

You’ve got more people criticising what looks like fake accounts saying Kloppout than actual people saying kloppout though.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I realise that mate but this is just another shit to beat us with.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I realise that mate but this is just another shit to beat us with.

What kind of pervert beats you with a shit?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I said "us" you're included dickhead.  :P

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
i blame Salah. He is a selfish git.

Number of times he could have played Bob and Mane in for the goal. Instead he wanted his hattrick.   
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
It’s definitely mental fatigue. I can’t remember any team that won a title drop off so badly.

Chelsea, Leicester are recent examples.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
Leave the lad alone.

It isnt his fault.

We showed signs of improvement today.

We lost.

We need to sign a CB. Now.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Errors like that will continue to undermine us for the rest of the season with the personnel we have at the back. Williams is simply not good enough at this level. He makes rudimentary mistakes routinely. It's not his fault, he just shouldn't be there. The lack of urgency at boardroom level is astounding. The season is on the verge of collapsing if things don't improve in the next couple of weeks and Klopp is being made to persist with substandard and out of position players at the heart of our defence.
Realistically, we are not going to win anything this season with a defence like that. We are going to drop lots of points due to defensive mistakes like such.

Top 4 is all we can but hope for. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
It’s definitely mental fatigue. I can’t remember any team that won a title drop off so badly.

I think it's just a bad run of form. We weren't doing too badly until late December. There is plenty of time to turn it around.

• Legacy Fan

People really do have selective memories.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Not his fault at all. I mean yes the second goal was, but he's been thrust in there when he's nowhere near ready. It's just irresponsible from the club.
Absolutely, it's crazy the amount of minutes he's had to play. He's nowhere near ready yet he's done well considering his experience.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
You've said that about 10 times now. Have you been hired as FSG's spokesperson?

I heard it’s lucrative. Craig for example drives a Harley (allegedly).
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!

Yep. Even City last year,were more adrift of top than we are now!
I love it when people have selective memories to 'prove' their bullshit points.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

• Legacy Fan
Yep. Even City last year,were more adrift of top than we are now!
I love it when people have selective memories to 'prove' their bullshit points.
Chelsea's last two title campaigns were followed with 10th and 5th place finishes the year after. [mind you this is also without all the circumstances of this season]

Online him_15

• Legacy Fan
Massively disappointed, but have to take that and move forward.
Believer

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Not his fault at all. I mean yes the second goal was, but he's been thrust in there when he's nowhere near ready. It's just irresponsible from the club.

It’s not just that though mate, it’s about doing the basics right. I know he’s a kid, but he must have come through the youth level for a reason. He was the last defender back when they were on a counter attack, and jogging back at that because he seems to have a chronic lack of pace. Then caught horribly out of position many times.

He shouldn’t be in this position, and there are no other alternatives at this point because Matip is made of prawn crackers and Hendo injured. I understand it. But I honestly believe Phillips wouldn’t have been as bad as that. I don’t think Klopp should put Williams out again. Not for a while.
YWNA

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Much much better performance overall, disappointed to lose but encouraged by how we played, Can't be too hard  on Rhys Williams it's not his fault he's not up to this level yet, but hopefully he will learn from it!

Let's take that performance on to Tottenham now :D

Offline Sheik_Yerbouti

• Legacy Fan
A lot better than what we have seen in the last few weeks. Matip in the side yesterday and we win that comfortably.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
After clearing my mind, I think there is no point and we shouldn't put the blame on 19-year-old Rhys Williams.

He'll be good one day, he is learning, practicing daily along Fabinho / Matip / van Dijk and he is under Klopp, he'll be matured.

Is he good enough? Well, he received his first call-up to the England U21 in October 2020, and he has played under England U18 before...

That is good and at least, can be trained for the kid with international experience representing his country. He'll be good.

p/s: As long as the midfield keep providing the "supply line" like last night, well... Don't worry our forwards will keep banging it in. They will as long as there's a supply.

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!