Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Imagine it’s the realisation he’s leaving.

It’s strange that we haven’t waited until the end of the season go announce Slot.
we've not announced Slot, nothing officially from the club at least
Just waiting for all the Arnie headlines.

'I'll be Back!', 'Hasta la vista, baby'. 'Fuck the Tories'
What's the alternative? That we're still playing exactly the same way in 2040 because we can't possibly disturb the precious under-11s?

I am still waiting for someone on here more knowledgeable than me to reply this message. Its a fair point mind. Are we always going to play the same because we had Klopp?
General Football and Sport / Re: The NFL Thread
« Last post by Skeeve on Today at 10:03:23 am »
I'm really confused right now, a draft as a Bears fan and no complaints about it, obviously a great 1st round, got Montez Sweat with the 2nd round pick and in the 3rd an OT with great upside even if they are a bit of a project right now due to the level of competition he faced in college.
I do get all that with the broadcasters, but some of the writers could grow a pair of bollocks.

Also, they might all be trying desperately to preserve "the product", but I think they're misjudging how much people are losing faith in that same product as long as City get away with it and don't get questioned.

I don't know what they can actually say though without being at risk of legal action? you still have to respect innocent until proven guilty even though we know they're cheating c*nts, anyone who cares knows there's 115 charges and the rest, hopefully it's properly dealt with, if not that's the time for journalists who give a fuck to start raising questions

The blowing smoke up their arses needs to stop though
General Football and Sport / Re: The NFL Thread
« Last post by Skeeve on Today at 10:00:41 am »
While there's some element of 'group think' in action, if the pool is smaller in high school then the more athletic white guys might tend towards opting for the sexier option of WR over CB, so the more rugged ones would end up being a better fit at S over CB.
And sky with their annual peddling of ‘what a title race we have’, before city cruise to their latest title.

And their annual TITLE RACE BLOWN WIDE OPEN calls. Every year.
Media and Arts / Re: 2024 in Music
« Last post by Jean Girard on Today at 09:55:21 am »
The new Fat White Family album, Forgiveness Is Yours, is out today and it is FANTASTIC!

I went to the album launch gig at Rough Trade East last night.

Nice write up. Been really looking forward to the album.
Wouldn't be surprised if there are 1st teamers thinking about their next move and don't want to get themselves injured.

Definitely not the case at all. There's been no lack of effort or pulling out of anything. If anything they have wanted it too much with it being Klopp's last year. You could see the desperation in the 2nd half of the Palace game.

Think what has happened is that we have been ropey all season (bar maybe 5 games where we were comfortable) playing with a disjointed midfield without a quality 6, and the team has shipped easy goals via a lack of midfield protection. When you go behind as often as we have (22 times I think it is now) it will catch up to you eventually. The Palace game the players were given a half to rescue it, and when that didn't happen you could see the belief of winning the league drain from them at full time. Think that game broke us. I'm sure the great man would love to have gone back and started with a different midfield, playing a shattered Endo less than 72 hours after he was targeted by Atalanta, with Palace again targeting him as they did in the previous fixture, we were easy pickings, gave away an entire half, and unfortunately with the pressure ramped up in the business end the players couldn't pull off another comeback.

The two games against a dreadful United where we shipped six rocked us, but the Atalanta and Palace games finished us off. Had those games been blips (as unlikely it is to have four blips) the players could have shook it off and went again, but they knew these were no blips and that we have been open all season, basic chances would be leaked, and every game would likely be an uphill battle. Mentally that's too much, especially at this stage. There was never any security of being defensively tight, and easing to a comfortable win.

The players have done remarkable this season with the comebacks, but there is only so many times they can keep going to the well. It's very difficult to try and wing it throughout an entire season, yet we somehow managed to do so up to a month before the end. Chances are there will be yet another comeback in a game before the season's end.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10