Author Topic: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool FC - Sunday October 22 - 16:00 GMT  (Read 41520 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool FC - Sunday October 22 - 16:00 GMT
« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2017, 11:00:48 am »
We have battered Spurs several times before, so not sure why anyone should be fearing them. It will be a good game.

Last season we kicked the shit out of them when they were in top form. If both teams play to the best of their ability, there is only ever one winner and thats us. We have more quality than them.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2017, 11:06:11 am »
Exactly, we have the ability to win this but our defence will most likely let us down. Can see spurs scoring 3
Sadly true. I expect the same result as against the Mancs who'd been scoring for fun past everybody.

Hang on a minute...

(You need to be more subtle)

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2017, 11:15:10 am »
Ali and Rose will be gone in the summer as they have no real bond to the club. Rose is a Leeds lad and Ali would have preferred us. Don’t see either of them rejecting moves to bigger clubs offering more money.

Kane will be harder for Madrid to buy as he has obvious affection and loyalty to them. Levy will probably take the decision out of his hands though as he loves the money.

They have to win the league this year or they never will.

Delusion  ;D

• Kopite
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2017, 11:20:08 am »
We have battered Spurs several times before, so not sure why anyone should be fearing them. It will be a good game.

Last season we kicked the shit out of them when they were in top form. If both teams play to the best of their ability, there is only ever one winner and thats us. We have more quality than them.

But you don't have more quality than us do you....we score more and concede less and finish above you every season. So if you have more quality than us, do you have a manager who is underperforming?!

And for the record. Last season when you played us at WHL we weren't in top form. We were in our worst part of the season, match week 3 where we had yet to kick into gear.

Anyway, looking forward to an exciting game.

Offline Block 203

• Yawn! Tedium anyone
  • Main Stander
« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2017, 11:21:50 am »
Sadly true. I expect the same result as against the Mancs who'd been scoring for fun past everybody.

Hang on a minute...

(You need to be more subtle)

More subtle with what? My pessimism? I think what I'm getting at is that I don't rate our defence maybe you do. That's ok we are allowed to think differently

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2017, 11:24:50 am »
Delusion  ;D

Lets not go there hey, we could take 350 posts of yours!

I do think we are the best team in England over the last two years, we've accumulated the most points over two years, so clearly we must be the best team in the country.

Offline lfcgeorge

• Main Stander
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2017, 11:32:17 am »

Yes we have had good success over Tottenham in the past few seasons but do not agree at all about us having more quality and if both teams turn up there only being one winner.
Actually find this quite laughable.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2017, 11:34:58 am »
More subtle with what? My pessimism? I think what I'm getting at is that I don't rate our defence maybe you do. That's ok we are allowed to think differently
Did you rate our defence in any of the previous encounters? We had Lucas in the back four last time we played them and Kane didn't get a sniff. We went into the last game without a win in five and having just lost away at Hull. Pochetinno has never managed a win against Klopp, so it's odd that you predict a dicking.

Pessimism is one thing but you've already posted five times more in this thread than you managed after the Maribor game, where brimming with elation you posted "He's always looking to pass responsibility on with the ball". Constant criticism tends to get noted.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2017, 11:39:06 am »
Yes we have had good success over Tottenham in the past few seasons but do not agree at all about us having more quality and if both teams turn up there only being one winner.
Actually find this quite laughable.

They have a brilliant defence but the rest of the field doesnt have more quality than us. There is no way we are having Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Winks and Dier over Firmino, Coutinho, Salah, Can, Henderson/Wijanldum.

We also have Mane and Lallana missing as well. We quite clearly have more midfield and attacking talent than them.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:41:08 am by killer_heels »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2017, 11:40:46 am »
But you don't have more quality than us do you....we score more and concede less and finish above you every season. So if you have more quality than us, do you have a manager who is underperforming?!

And for the record. Last season when you played us at WHL we weren't in top form. We were in our worst part of the season, match week 3 where we had yet to kick into gear.

Yes we have more quality than you. You have a brilliant defence and thats the only area that gives you the advantage. No way im swapping our midfield, attack or players that are unavailable for what you have.

You seem to forget the game at Anfield. You were in top form.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2017, 11:43:16 am »
All that being true, why can't your manager beat us?

Offline Block 203

• Yawn! Tedium anyone
  • Main Stander
« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2017, 11:46:03 am »
Did you rate our defence in any of the previous encounters? We had Lucas in the back four last time we played them and Kane didn't get a sniff. We went into the last game without a win in five and having just lost away at Hull. Pochetinno has never managed a win against Klopp, so it's odd that you predict a dicking.

Pessimism is one thing but you've already posted five times more in this thread than you managed after the Maribor game, where brimming with elation you posted "He's always looking to pass responsibility on with the ball". Constant criticism tends to get noted.

Even I enjoyed the Maribor game!  ;D we were brilliant.

As for tomorrow I think we can win if we defend properly and stay disciplined like we did against Man U. I'm just not sure wether our defence has it in them to play like that game after game.
I don't look to much into what happened in previous seasons and I'm sure pocketing will get it right against us one day! I also think our defending is worse this season than last.

As for being negative, I just don't rate our side as much as most do on here. I think most of you are looking through red tinted glasses. Someone said earlier that we have more quality than them, but it can't be in the areas of the game that actually matter as spurs score more, concede less and get more points than is. Maybe we are better at the all important expected goals or something!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2017, 11:48:46 am »
Even I enjoyed the Maribor game!  ;D we were brilliant.

As for tomorrow I think we can win if we defend properly and stay disciplined like we did against Man U. I'm just not sure wether our defence has it in them to play like that game after game.
I don't look to much into what happened in previous seasons and I'm sure pocketing will get it right against us one day! I also think our defending is worse this season than last.

As for being negative, I just don't rate our side as much as most do on here. I think most of you are looking through red tinted glasses. Someone said earlier that we have more quality than them, but it can't be in the areas of the game that actually matter as spurs score more, concede less and get more points than is. Maybe we are better at the all important expected goals or something!

Spurs’ goalscoring stats were inflated due to a few thrashings at the end of last season. Its laughable to suggest they have a better attack than us. There is absolutely no way you are swapping Salah, Mane, Coutinho for their players.

This season they have only scored 2 more than us and played only 1 of last seasons top 6, whilst we have played 3 already.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:51:05 am by killer_heels »

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2017, 11:51:39 am »
What is the Spurs injury news?

Dembele and Wanyama out?  That will be huge if true. 

Danny Rose fit?  He'd be their best option to deal with Salah you'd have thought.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2017, 11:52:56 am »

Danny Rose fit?  He'd be their best option to deal with Salah you'd have thought.

Wanyama is shit on the ball. I was hoping he would play alongside Dier.

Dembele holds onto it as well so would have liked him to play as well.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2017, 11:53:05 am »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-vs-liverpool-mauricio-pochettino-injury-wanyama-dembele-a8011681.html - the first two are out and Rose probably won't start but might be on the bench.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2017, 11:54:54 am »

Mighty tough game to make your first start in since January. I suspect Pochettino will look to give him the 90 in the League Cup, instead of tomorrow.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2017, 11:58:07 am »
Spurs have improved season on season, last year they would have surrendered to Madrid but held there own this. We have regressed slightly which is disappointing but in a one off match anything can happen. It won't be as easy for us as it has been in the past though.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2017, 12:04:34 pm »
Spurs have improved season on season, last year they would have surrendered to Madrid but held there own this. We have regressed slightly which is disappointing but in a one off match anything can happen. It won't be as easy for us as it has been in the past though.

I wouldnt say the February game was easy. They were in the middle of a brilliant, title winning form run, with their best players available whilst we were in pretty poor form.

They will do well to repeat that form again at any point this season.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2017, 12:12:08 pm »
Wanyama is shit on the ball. I was hoping he would play alongside Dier.

Dembele holds onto it as well so would have liked him to play as well.

I am a big fan of the Wanyama / Demebele CM partnership.  Feel they give the side great control in CM.

Think Dier and Winks is a big downgrade on that.

Hopefully Rose doesn't start as they'll either have to go Davies, who got destroyed by Mane last season & Salah could do similar or possibly go with Vertonghen, who I'm sure would prefer to be CB rather than face Salah.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2017, 12:14:03 pm »

Haven’t they only won 1 home league game at Wembley or am I missing something?

That’s not improvement.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2017, 12:41:24 pm »
But you don't have more quality than us do you....we score more and concede less and finish above you every season.

18-2 in league titles say otherwise.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2017, 01:15:38 pm »
What a big miss Mane will be. Spurs were shit scared of him last season. I don't even know how we did not win the match at WHL.

I hope we let Oxlade replace him. Keep Phil in midfield. A midfield of Phil, Emre & Gini can compete well enough. We do need the pace to break the super high line that they will play. Especially in Wembley.

Anyway this will be a preview of the UCL Final this year. I have a feeling both this team will make to the final.

Agree with this. Although I do believe that Hendo will come back in to the team.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2017, 01:18:45 pm »

As far as the starting XI's go, everyone healthy, I think we are pretty similar in strength. My objective view, at least I think it is, is that we have a bit more depth, more quality off the bench.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2017, 01:30:04 pm »
Spurs’ goalscoring stats were inflated due to a few thrashings at the end of last season. Its laughable to suggest they have a better attack than us. There is absolutely no way you are swapping Salah, Mane, Coutinho for their players.

This season they have only scored 2 more than us and played only 1 of last seasons top 6, whilst we have played 3 already.

I think the objective view of our attack is your coutinho, salah, mane front 3 is equal in strength to our Alli, Eriksen, Son one. I would say yours is more direct than ours but stats wise based on last season as this season is still early days, our front 3 scored more and assisted more. So again, objectively saying your attack is better than spurs isn't backed up by any evidence.

Then we have Kane who is on current form the best out and out striker in world football....

• Kopite
« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2017, 01:31:31 pm »
As far as the starting XI's go, everyone healthy, I think we are pretty similar in strength. My objective view, at least I think it is, is that we have a bit more depth, more quality off the bench.

Agree it is pretty equal.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2017, 01:31:57 pm »
I think the objective view of our attack is your coutinho, salah, mane front 3 is equal in strength to our Alli, Eriksen, Son one. I would say yours is more direct than ours but stats wise based on last season as this season is still early days, our front 3 scored more and assisted more. So again, objectively saying your attack is better than spurs isn't backed up by any evidence.

Then we have Kane who is on current form the best out and out striker in world football....

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2017, 01:32:21 pm »
18-2 in league titles say otherwise.

Yes but they won the 2-season spread league remember...we all remember that right? Because it was definitely a thing. I heard lots about it.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2017, 01:33:49 pm »
Snip

Not arsed who has the better attack.  Both teams have plenty of match winners.

How do you think you'll approach it.

Attack us?  Sat back more?  Press high? 

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2017, 01:45:44 pm »

Your goal stats were totally distorted by the run you had at the end of last season when the pressure was totally off. How did you do the season before when you were in a title race with Leicester ?

Southern softies  ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2017, 01:47:49 pm »

I see you caveat that with “out and out striker”.

A very, very Spurs thing to do.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2017, 01:54:38 pm »
The team pretty much picks itself right now with just Milner really coming into consideration for a start. The attack seems set with Firmino, Salah & Coutinho while the defence will surely be Gomez back in alongside Matip Lovren & Moreno. I be very tempted to go with a Henderson Gini Milner midfield....I dont think they will come out on the losing battle in midfield.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2017, 02:23:39 pm »

There is absolutely no way I would swap Son, Eriksen and Alli for Mane, Coutinho and Salah.

Also, having Son is there is an insult to our attackers. Watford have scored more than us, should we swap our players with them as well based on stats.

Your figures were inflated by those few games at the end. Kane is world class, but the rest are not.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2017, 02:31:20 pm »
Looking forward to giving these lot a dicking and putting them back in their box.

I'm expecting a good game all round.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2017, 02:38:55 pm »

I would sooner keep our front three over yours if that's okay.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Block 203

• Yawn! Tedium anyone
  • Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2017, 02:48:50 pm »

I know what you're saying but that could be said about us last season, our goals we're inflated due to handing out s a few thrashings early in the season

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2017, 02:49:01 pm »

You can keep your attack thanks. 

There's no way I'd swap any of your players for ours!

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2017, 02:49:34 pm »
I think the objective view of our attack is your coutinho, salah, mane front 3 is equal in strength to our Alli, Eriksen, Son one.
I'm not sure that is the objective view mate, I think that may well be the very definition of a subjective view...

That said, I'd take Kane over Firmino any day of the week. I love our Bobby but Kane is a tremendous striker, even if I'm not sure that he's currently the best striker in world football, or whatever it was you said.

Hopefully it'll be a good game tomorrow. We're a good team, you're a good team, and neither of our managers is a bus-parking Mourinho type so there should be a few moments of entertainment, at the very least.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2017, 02:51:37 pm »
I know what you're saying but that could be said about us last season, our goals we're inflated due to handing out s a few thrashings early in the season
There's were at the very end.  NOTHING TO PLAY FOR. ::)

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2017, 02:55:42 pm »
Haven’t they only won 1 home league game at Wembley or am I missing something?

That’s not improvement.

They'll take time to adjust, but your'e kidding yourself if you think they are not improving with every season under Pochittino.