Author Topic: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?  (Read 9469 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2024, 06:13:00 pm »
anyone been to Avignon?  will be there next month for a few days.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2024, 06:55:01 pm »
anyone been to Avignon?  will be there next month for a few days.
Yes, years ago. Great place to visit if you're into history with the old Papal palace. And a nice day trip to Chateauneuf du Pape to pick up some powerful reds, and the Pont du Gard aqueduct is only a short hop away.

Must head back there soon.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2024, 09:20:12 pm »
Yes, years ago. Great place to visit if you're into history with the old Papal palace. And a nice day trip to Chateauneuf du Pape to pick up some powerful reds, and the Pont du Gard aqueduct is only a short hop away.

Must head back there soon.

nice - thanks Ray.  does 3 days sound about right?

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2024, 09:24:22 pm »
Thanks for those replies on Cala D'or. We've been to Ibiza, Formentera and Menorca, but I've never tried Majorca. Mrs S has but not Cala D'or. I've always thought it looked really nice when I've seen pictures. It's got the coves we like for snorkelling too. Flights are booked. We're just shopping around for accommodation now.

We stayed at Inturotel Sa Marina in 2018 which was quite nice. They have a couple of other hotels in other parts of Cala D'or so might be worth having a look at their website

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2024, 09:28:40 pm »
nice - thanks Ray.  does 3 days sound about right?
Yes, you wouldn't need any more really. Can't remember what the restaurants are like but it's the south of France, it's bound to be good

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2024, 09:52:45 pm »
Yes, you wouldn't need any more really. Can't remember what the restaurants are like but it's the south of France, it's bound to be good
great, thanks mate.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2024, 04:02:44 am »
India for a month in September. Not travelling mad like just doing a few beaches . Maybe Arambol again in Goa , three day psy trance party in Little Vagator then Gokarn to do a bit Shiva worshiping then onto Kerela.

Just been to Varanasi for a few days - worth a detour for the yoga & arti - India is boss isn’t it - probably my favorite place at the moment - love the madness (and the food)  :lickin

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2024, 09:36:43 am »
Fellow sunbed procurer here. Normally go down to grab 3 between the 4 of us (I’m not too greedy) and have a read before the rest of the lazy fuckers in my family get up just in time to get to breakfast before it closes!

Where in Fuerteventura are you going Trumps? We are thinking about going there in October. Been before to Corralejo.

On the sunbed thing, took me a while to sus out how a family were getting their towels on the sunbeds outside our room most days. Was a big point of why we took the poolside suite and we missed out most days. The family were going down BEFORE going to bed. Crazy levels of commitment.

Turns out Corralejo can get quite windy. Lost a couple of days of heading to the beaches as the wind was too strong. Mostly sunshine still so the heated pools at the hotel got plenty of use. I'd say go south if you're thinking of going to Fuerteventura.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2024, 09:46:40 am »
On the sunbed thing, took me a while to sus out how a family were getting their towels on the sunbeds outside our room most days. Was a big point of why we took the poolside suite and we missed out most days. The family were going down BEFORE going to bed. Crazy levels of commitment.

Turns out Corralejo can get quite windy. Lost a couple of days of heading to the beaches as the wind was too strong. Mostly sunshine still so the heated pools at the hotel got plenty of use. I'd say go south if you're thinking of going to Fuerteventura.

That’s just stupid/unfair on the rest of the sunbed law abiding citizens!

Which beaches did you go to? One we went to was really hard to get into the sea from, as stupid as that sounds!   Very rocky. We spent most of the time near the hotel too.

Just booked Tenerife for October. B&B only so I’ll be tapping up Rob for recommendations. :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2024, 09:59:15 am »
Playa Larga (easily the best near Corralejo), Playa de los Verilitos was nearest to our hotel so spent some time there and went across to El Cottilo for a day trip and that had excellent beaches. When the tide is out it is definitely more exposed rock but made for good exploration with the kids.

Forgot to mention the cockroaches. No one told us they are Queensland Australia sized fuckers (also with wings). Only really saw them on the streets but my youngest was SHOOK.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 10:01:57 am by Trump's tiny tiny hands »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2024, 10:06:02 am »
Playa Larga (easily the best near Corralejo), Playa de los Verilitos was nearest to our hotel so spent some time there and went across to El Cottilo for a day trip and that had excellent beaches. When the tide is out it is definitely more exposed rock but made for good exploration with the kids.

Forgot to mention the cockroaches. No one told us they are Queensland Australia sized fuckers (also with wings). Only really saw them on the streets but my youngest was SHOOK.

Ah ok, just looked and that’s the massive beach. For some reason we only ventured to the ones nearer to the town and port bit. Bit of a rookie/rocky error.

Don’t remember the cockroaches but we did have a friendly gecko in our room so maybe that’s why we didn’t see many!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2024, 01:26:44 pm »

The beaches just to the south of Corralejo are brilliant, aren't they. Between the resort and the two Rui hotels. Riu Palace and Riu Olivia I think. It can be a bit windy there at times, but watching the kite surfers is entertaining.

We also went over to El Cotillo. We walked north out of the town to the lagoon type beaches. We enjoyed some snorkelling there. Similarly after getting the glass bottomed boat over to Isla de Lobos. There's a small beach with a lovely lagoon on there. The southern tip of the island. The old volcano is at the northern end. I climbed to the rim of the crater. Nice view up there.

I don't recall cockroaches on Fuerteventura. I'm sure they are there, but I don't recall them. Tenerife, on the other hand.  :o  Back in 1988 I stayed on the Costa del Silencio and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. People used to say walking around there at night was like walking in England in autumn. In England the crunch is leaves. In Tenerife it's cockroaches. My parents were staying in Playa de las Americas at the same time so we went up to visit one day. Same up there too. Cocky central. Same again when I stayed in Americas in '97. 🪳🪳🪳
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2024, 02:16:32 pm »
Ha! Opposite for us. Never saw a 'roach in Tenerife. To be fair on Corralejo, we only saw one in our hotel complex and multiple on one street corner where they were congregating for some reason.

Lived in Brisbane for awhile, hated walking home in the dark. The fuckers would fly into your hair  :puke2

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2024, 02:20:46 pm »
Ha! Opposite for us. Never saw a 'roach in Tenerife. To be fair on Corralejo, we only saw one in our hotel complex and multiple on one street corner where they were congregating for some reason.

Lived in Brisbane for awhile, hated walking home in the dark. The fuckers would fly into your hair  :puke2

Trying to get away from the flying foxes!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2024, 03:14:41 pm »
Got an Easyjet holiday deal to Rhodes for my girlfriends birthday, went for 4 days last week, stayed in Cook's Club in Ialysos. Excellent hotel, brand new and kept absolutely spotless, excellent staff throughout and was a good vibe, DJ by the pool sometimes thought it was a nightclub but it was ok as we were having cocktails and a good time regardless. Old town Rhodes was also fun to explore, lots of places still closed as maybe it is still off season for them but yeah, very nice experience!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2024, 03:18:33 pm »
Trying to get away from the flying foxes!

I thought cicadas was there thing? More power to them, if they fancy the roaches though

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2024, 03:47:19 pm »
I thought cicadas was there thing? More power to them, if they fancy the roaches though

No idea to be honest. Maybe the equivalent of fancying a bit of junk food now and again.

Just remember the size of those fuckers in Queensland when they flew off at sunset. Terrifying. :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2024, 04:03:23 pm »
No idea to be honest. Maybe the equivalent of fancying a bit of junk food now and again.

Just remember the size of those fuckers in Queensland when they flew off at sunset. Terrifying. :D

Yeah. Ever been to the Maldives? Those bats are HUGE

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: April 11, 2024, 05:00:21 pm »
Yeah. Ever been to the Maldives? Those bats are HUGE
We were there in March last year. The Flying Foxes are fantastic. I used to watch them roosting in the day then becoming active around dusk.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 11, 2024, 05:04:20 pm »
We were there in March last year. The Flying Foxes are fantastic. I used to watch them roosting in the day then becoming active around dusk.

We stayed at a place where you had to walk a bit to the restaurants from your suite outside. After dinner, you knew that movement of air close over your head was the bats. A bit spooky in the dark.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2024, 05:13:48 pm »
There's a lot to be said for just fucking the reds off on your holibobs

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 11, 2024, 05:24:49 pm »
was your mouth (keyboard?) out.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #222 on: April 11, 2024, 05:34:32 pm »
I'm in the Algarve for a week now, not far from Albufeira.

It's mid 20s now and I'm sitting in the sun in the garden. And it's not raining. Would recommend.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: April 11, 2024, 05:35:58 pm »

I hate watching footy while I'm away, the fucking missus insists on watching - can't think of anything worse than sitting inside when its sunny out and fucking pissing down at home.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2024, 05:53:12 pm »

It's mid 20s now and I'm sitting in the sun in the garden. And it's not raining. Would recommend.

Some fab little restaurants down at the beach in Olhos de Agua if you’re on that side of Albufeira

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2024, 08:33:47 pm »
Off to turkey in May for a week and Exmouth for a week end of June (hoping the weather picks up in time for that one).

I hate watching footy while I'm away, the fucking missus insists on watching - can't think of anything worse than sitting inside when its sunny out and fucking pissing down at home.

If it’s a big screen in a pub/hotel garden it’s not too bad though. Watched us beat Chelsea in the fa cup final the other year in Menorca. Which was nice.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Online slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2024, 08:37:03 pm »
I love watching the Reds abroad. Just had 2 and a half weeks in Thailand watched the United cup game in Pattaya with loads of reds and unfortuantely mancs which was a killer. Then watched the Brighton game in Bangkok which was brilliant with loads of reds from all over the world. Its great hugging fellow reds from all over the planet when we score or get the win.

I actually plan my holidays around reds games and other sports events. Its great when your a solo traveller.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2024, 08:55:42 pm »
Off to turkey in May for a week and Exmouth for a week end of June (hoping the weather picks up in time for that one).

If it’s a big screen in a pub/hotel garden it’s not too bad though. Watched us beat Chelsea in the fa cup final the other year in Menorca. Which was nice.

Watched the 2019 CL Final in Millers in Orlando, that was brilliant. We always go away in Jan/Feb or October, so its eather the middle of shite weather in the UK or the start of 7 months of shite weather, so I want to be outside, not in. I'm not that arsed with footy much these days too.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2024, 12:30:22 pm »
Watched the 2019 CL Final in Millers in Orlando, that was brilliant. We always go away in Jan/Feb or October, so its eather the middle of shite weather in the UK or the start of 7 months of shite weather, so I want to be outside, not in. I'm not that arsed with footy much these days too.

I love Millers. Was in Vegas for a month with the work back in  Jan 2017 and spent most of my weekends in one watching the footy or NFL playoffs.  Probably ate my weight in Zingers during that time 🤣
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2024, 12:38:00 pm »
Dunno, but I haven't been abroad for over a year now, so, starting to ponder

I've been a lot of places I want to go

Might fuck off to Ibiza with my guitar or something

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2024, 12:57:55 pm »
I love Millers. Was in Vegas for a month with the work back in  Jan 2017 and spent most of my weekends in one watching the footy or NFL playoffs.  Probably ate my weight in Zingers during that time 🤣

The one in Orlando is our go to place, we'll nip in 5 or 6 times when we're there. The CL final was a scream, it was before I'd taken the kids the game, they'd never seen their old man go nuts before ;D

Bumped into Callum Best in the lounge on the way home, he'd watched it in Hooters ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2024, 02:14:05 pm »

I've been to Albufeira quite a few times. I love the place.

Enjoy it. 😎🌞

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2024, 02:15:04 pm »
I never watch football while I'm away. I'll check the score, but that's it.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2024, 04:56:38 pm »
Puerto del Carmen this August, it will be our fourth trip to Lanzarote but always stayed in Coasta Teguise previously. Been to Puerto del Carmen a few times for a stroll around the resort so kind of know what to expect, I think the place we've booked is towards the old town. Me, wife, kids and in-laws, but we are staying in our own apartments... can't wait!

Any restaurant recommendations much appreciated.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2024, 05:33:59 pm »
Puerto del Carmen this August, it will be our fourth trip to Lanzarote but always stayed in Coasta Teguise previously. Been to Puerto del Carmen a few times for a stroll around the resort so kind of know what to expect, I think the place we've booked is towards the old town. Me, wife, kids and in-laws, but we are staying in our own apartments... can't wait!

Not been for a few years, so can't really remember the names of the restaurants, but they were all good, we never had a bad meal. My missus always looks at trip advisor and we've found that to be pretty good. My stepdad used to go every November and he'd never had a bad meal there either

Rancho Texas BBQ night was a laugh, steaks, burgers, cowboy show and line dancing while pissed ;D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2024, 10:07:21 am »

My parents rave about a curry house there, they go twice each time they go to Lanzarote - 2-3 times a year - I’ll try and find out which one specifically they go to. I trust their restaurant recommendations.

Counting down now to July, Costa Brava for a friend’s wedding. We fly out early on the Saturday, wedding is a Tuesday so it should still feel like a proper break punctuated by the one day for the wedding. Will probably do a day trip into Girona too but largely I want to sit on my arse and switch off.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: April 13, 2024, 08:16:42 pm »
My parents rave about a curry house there, they go twice each time they go to Lanzarote - 2-3 times a year - I’ll try and find out which one specifically they go to. I trust their restaurant recommendations.

Counting down now to July, Costa Brava for a friend’s wedding. We fly out early on the Saturday, wedding is a Tuesday so it should still feel like a proper break punctuated by the one day for the wedding. Will probably do a day trip into Girona too but largely I want to sit on my arse and switch off.

Not been for a few years, so can't really remember the names of the restaurants, but they were all good, we never had a bad meal. My missus always looks at trip advisor and we've found that to be pretty good. My stepdad used to go every November and he'd never had a bad meal there either

Rancho Texas BBQ night was a laugh, steaks, burgers, cowboy show and line dancing while pissed ;D

Thanks both :thumbup
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2024, 07:22:37 pm »
Anyone been to Bilbao? Any recommendations? Looking to pop over for a long weekend maybe July/early August.
AHA!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: April 19, 2024, 03:49:43 pm »
Been to Kerala and got to agree that it's an amazing holiday destination. Can do loads of different thing there -  city (Cochin), back waters, western ghats for wildlife, kovalam beach.

I agree on the Bali bit as well. It was 10-15 years since I went and it was overly touristy then. I didn't like it at all. Far better places to go in the Far East in my opinion.

Quite liked Singapore and Kuala Lumpar when I went. Thought KL was the better and more interesting place though. What did you think of them?

Got 3 holidays booked for 2024 so fat - Madeira, Miami/Orlando and Maldives. Spread out throughout the year so I can get a break every 4 months or so.

I actually think Singapore might comfortably be the most expensive place I've visited? Like a bottle of water in your average 7/11 was about £3. It's obviously really clean and stuff but it just felt all...artificial. Kuala Lumpur seems like the more authentic version. Really enjoyed the Batu Cave trip and even the couple restaurants I went to were incredible (and fairly priced). I think in future I'd strictly only use Singapore as a stopover if I need to go somewhere nearby. It felt like an Asian Canary Wharf lol
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: April 19, 2024, 03:52:56 pm »
Just been to Varanasi for a few days - worth a detour for the yoga & arti - India is boss isn’t it - probably my favorite place at the moment - love the madness (and the food)  :lickin

sorry, i missed your earlier message but glad you enjoyed. in a weird way i found Varanasi pretty interesting even if a bit morbid at points. i *think* i may have gone when i was younger as i had a sudden flashback of a pushy hindu 'priest' trying to upsell me some sort of prayer package for the main temple there...  ;D

i'm indian (born in london) and had kinda assumed i wouldn't be that keen to return again after my trip last year, but i generally did enjoy it minus the pollution and religious fervour. i'd want to visit some of the states i haven't been to yet, especially areas around the south and east.
YNWA.