Author Topic: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?  (Read 9432 times)

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Reply #160 on: March 5, 2024, 10:00:16 pm »
Change of plans it seems...

Looks like Turkey is off the menu with Cyprus coming to the party, specifically Paphos.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: March 6, 2024, 07:34:54 am »
Paphos is nice
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: March 6, 2024, 09:41:55 am »
holiday related ....

never, ever, ever use Trip.com.  ever.  they are lying cheating bastard thieves.

I won't bore you with why I'm saying this (long story and a bit confusing) but I'll just mention that Tripadvisor has close to 1500 posts from ppl who've used them, and most are from ppl wouldn't touch them again with a 10-foot pole.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #163 on: March 6, 2024, 10:12:46 am »
Agree with Rob, Paphos is a good spot

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 6, 2024, 10:33:13 am »
Change of plans it seems...

Looks like Turkey is off the menu with Cyprus coming to the party, specifically Paphos.

Theres a really good water park, Aphrodite, my teenage kids love it. Book it online and pre-pay for the food, saves you money. We stayed at Avanti Holiday Village last year and the Aliathon a couple of years before, it was about a 15 min walk to the waterpark, but there is a bus you can get on Poseidonos Ave that goes straight there - taxis are fucking expensive, like 10 euros to go a mile.

Theres some lovely looking hotels overlooking the beach if you want 4/5* and Stavros Flatley from BGT has a watersports place going there
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 6, 2024, 01:38:56 pm »
Theres a really good water park, Aphrodite, my teenage kids love it. Book it online and pre-pay for the food, saves you money. We stayed at Avanti Holiday Village last year and the Aliathon a couple of years before, it was about a 15 min walk to the waterpark, but there is a bus you can get on Poseidonos Ave that goes straight there - taxis are fucking expensive, like 10 euros to go a mile.

Theres some lovely looking hotels overlooking the beach if you want 4/5* and Stavros Flatley from BGT has a watersports place going there
Thanks Rob. Just had a look at the waterpark and it is a 15 minute walk from the hotel we are thinking of booking - https://www.leonardo-hotels-cyprus.com/hotels-in-paphos/leonardo-cypria-bay
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 6, 2024, 02:42:15 pm »
Thanks Rob. Just had a look at the waterpark and it is a 15 minute walk from the hotel we are thinking of booking - https://www.leonardo-hotels-cyprus.com/hotels-in-paphos/leonardo-cypria-bay

That looked a lovely hotel that, we stayed right opposite in the Aliathon Resort the first time we went. There's a lovely long path that goes at the back next to the beach and you can walk all the way to the Harbour. The bus stops outside if you aren't in the mood to walk. Took me by surprise that they drive on the left in Cyprus, when in Spain, Greece etc I naturally look right when crossing, had to really think about it over there.

There's a pub called the Wild Horse over the road where you can watch footy, we went further up and used to watch at the Crocodile - beer was cheaper and the bar staff were great, one was a right laugh. They did nice food too and the gyros from the shop around the corner were ace.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2024, 06:25:14 pm »
if anyone goes to new york make sure you go to the intrepid museum where concorde is

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2024, 06:43:49 pm »
Heard an advert for Emirates today, waffling on about BBQs on the beach and other outdoor stuff, then it said Visit Dubai this summer. Like fuck they do BBQs in the summer, its  48/49c of a day and over 40c of a night :lmao

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2024, 08:55:07 am »
Slightly mixed feelings, but this year it will be the first proper holiday (not just long weekends) that my wife and I have had without kids. When we got together she already had a 5 year old son so holidays have always fitted around what the kids would like and during school holidays. I am lucky enough that a close mate of mine has a lovely house near the Dordogne which is in beautiful countryside and has said we can stay there for 2 weeks. We are going the last 2 weeks of June. It is an old farmhouse with a lovely pool and covered seating area outside with all the mod cons.

Mixed feelings because it will feel odd without the kids, but the thought of just being able to do what we want and when we want is liberating. My only real concern is that my 18 year old daughter has her head permanently in the clouds because she is glued to her phone. She regularly does daft things like leaving her keys in the front door or leaving the oven on, so I just hope we have standing home when we come back !  I am sure a few of you on here have finally made that decision to leave a child at home and have been through the usual worries
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2024, 09:28:00 am »
2 weeks with just you and your wife? When will you run out of things to talk about?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2024, 09:39:05 am »
Slightly mixed feelings, but this year it will be the first proper holiday (not just long weekends) that my wife and I have had without kids. When we got together she already had a 5 year old son so holidays have always fitted around what the kids would like and during school holidays. I am lucky enough that a close mate of mine has a lovely house near the Dordogne which is in beautiful countryside and has said we can stay there for 2 weeks. We are going the last 2 weeks of June. It is an old farmhouse with a lovely pool and covered seating area outside with all the mod cons.

Mixed feelings because it will feel odd without the kids, but the thought of just being able to do what we want and when we want is liberating. My only real concern is that my 18 year old daughter has her head permanently in the clouds because she is glued to her phone. She regularly does daft things like leaving her keys in the front door or leaving the oven on, so I just hope we have standing home when we come back !  I am sure a few of you on here have finally made that decision to leave a child at home and have been through the usual worries

She'll surprise you, a bit like Kevin in Home Alone but without the fighting off criminals 😁

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2024, 12:37:52 pm »
2 weeks with just you and your wife? When will you run out of things to talk about?

Day 2.,......but I have an emergency back up plan. Books and my sky card. My mate has a sky box and I just need to slot in my card.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2024, 12:39:21 pm »
She'll surprise you, a bit like Kevin in Home Alone but without the fighting off criminals 😁

She surprises me all the time Debs with either a comment where I think "you're more intelligent than I thought"......or she does something where I think "you're incredibly stupid".

She isn`t a party kinda girl, but she is so friggin dopey

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2024, 01:29:17 pm »
No masks at all required in the Canaries now, just had a week in Tenerife and its fine. They're struggling with a drought though on Tenerife, so do wonder if they'll try and discourage tourists in the summer.

We're going to Tenerife in June and I did spot recently they've been re-introduced in certain settings - hospitals, clinics etc.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2024, 02:03:06 pm »
She surprises me all the time Debs with either a comment where I think "you're more intelligent than I thought"......or she does something where I think "you're incredibly stupid".

She isn`t a party kinda girl, but she is so friggin dopey

She's just a typical 18yr old mate.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2024, 10:04:03 am »
Just got back from Berlin. Didn’t enjoy it as much as we do usually enjoy a city break; mainly because the scorching hot hotel room meant we didn’t sleep at all so were knackered during the day. I did my best to take things in on a history tour and at some of the museums, but having been before about 10 years ago it fell a bit flat.

I enjoyed Kreuzberg and there was some good bars and restaurants there, but I think, for me, Berlin has the same issue as somewhere like Helsinki - both nice, clean cities that seem good to live in, but have been rebuilt so frequently over and over that they’ve lost something intangible that other cities retain. Like how there’s so little left preserved of the awful but very interesting history of WW2 and the Berlin Wall etc; of course you can learn about these things and I understand the collective guilt in wanting to scrub these things out of visibility, but it does take away something. Maybe that’s unfair of me but that’s my feeling of the place. Like the museums about it could be anywhere.

We’ve the Costa Brava booked for a week in July for a friend’s wedding, as I’m looking forward to a lazy week in the sun at an all inclusive. I’d like to get away again this year aside from that, maybe some sun around early winter, but as we want to do a big trip next year, it probably won’t be financially possible.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2024, 11:28:53 am »
I lived in Berlin for a month in Sept 2002, when we were rolling out our system and they wanted a dev who spoke a bit of German to go out, stayed in a Marriott in Kopenik. I'd like to go back and see if its changed, as it was still very East Germany back then, it was like two different worlds, especially when you sort of crossed from the East to the West. There was still adecent amount of the wall left back then and where it had been demolished, you could still see where it ran, has that changed?

Missus has been looking at Turkey for Oct 25, she found a self catering place in Marmaris, £1200 for the 4 of us, that's cheap that.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2024, 12:07:55 pm »
India for a month in September. Not travelling mad like just doing a few beaches . Maybe Arambol again in Goa , three day psy trance party in Little Vagator then Gokarn to do a bit Shiva worshiping then onto Kerela.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2024, 01:41:03 pm »
Just got back from Berlin. Didn’t enjoy it as much as we do usually enjoy a city break; mainly because the scorching hot hotel room meant we didn’t sleep at all so were knackered during the day. I did my best to take things in on a history tour and at some of the museums, but having been before about 10 years ago it fell a bit flat.

I enjoyed Kreuzberg and there was some good bars and restaurants there, but I think, for me, Berlin has the same issue as somewhere like Helsinki - both nice, clean cities that seem good to live in, but have been rebuilt so frequently over and over that they’ve lost something intangible that other cities retain. Like how there’s so little left preserved of the awful but very interesting history of WW2 and the Berlin Wall etc; of course you can learn about these things and I understand the collective guilt in wanting to scrub these things out of visibility, but it does take away something. Maybe that’s unfair of me but that’s my feeling of the place. Like the museums about it could be anywhere.

We’ve the Costa Brava booked for a week in July for a friend’s wedding, as I’m looking forward to a lazy week in the sun at an all inclusive. I’d like to get away again this year aside from that, maybe some sun around early winter, but as we want to do a big trip next year, it probably won’t be financially possible.

My son is off to Berlin on a Histoey trip in a couple of months, hopefully I haven’t wasted my money! :D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2024, 04:00:18 pm »
I lived in Berlin for a month in Sept 2002, when we were rolling out our system and they wanted a dev who spoke a bit of German to go out, stayed in a Marriott in Kopenik. I'd like to go back and see if its changed, as it was still very East Germany back then, it was like two different worlds, especially when you sort of crossed from the East to the West. There was still adecent amount of the wall left back then and where it had been demolished, you could still see where it ran, has that changed?

Missus has been looking at Turkey for Oct 25, she found a self catering place in Marmaris, £1200 for the 4 of us, that's cheap that.
I think the starkness has absolutely gone - at least where I went - the area around Friedrichshain is basically mega gentrified now, with a load of new hotels, music and sports venues and open malls, food halls etc, it’s like a German Cheshire Oaks around the East side gallery. I get the intent to improve but the city has lost something for it I think. When you push further South East you can start to tell you’re in the old east, but there’s definite clear efforts to homogenise the city and present a more modern capital.

A bloke I was speaking to who went to Uni in Manchester funnily enough said to me ‘Berlin is not Germany,’ and having travelled Germany extensively for work and specifically spending a lot of time in Cologne, Leverkusen and Munich, Berlin is quite different in that it doesn’t feel that culturally unique. Of course I’m basing my experience off of two visits a decade apart for a combined 8 days or so, so obviously the city has plenty to offer I haven’t experienced, but that’s very much my surface experience.

My son is off to Berlin on a Histoey trip in a couple of months, hopefully I haven’t wasted my money! :D
If it’s specifically for WW2 or post-WW2 segregation there’s loads to sink your teeth into, and to be honest stuff like the Topography of Terror was the most interesting thing there. I think because his trip has focus he’ll enjoy it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2024, 04:30:02 pm »

Have you been to Vienna, thats a pretty good City for a City break?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2024, 05:06:02 pm »
That looked a lovely hotel that, we stayed right opposite in the Aliathon Resort the first time we went. There's a lovely long path that goes at the back next to the beach and you can walk all the way to the Harbour. The bus stops outside if you aren't in the mood to walk. Took me by surprise that they drive on the left in Cyprus, when in Spain, Greece etc I naturally look right when crossing, had to really think about it over there.

There's a pub called the Wild Horse over the road where you can watch footy, we went further up and used to watch at the Crocodile - beer was cheaper and the bar staff were great, one was a right laugh. They did nice food too and the gyros from the shop around the corner were ace.

Looking now as if it will just be me and the missus so we have changed the criteria for the hotel and found this one  - https://theivimare.com/en/ adult only hotel.
We figure we may as well go somewhere nice for our 30th wedding anniversary next June.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2024, 05:39:31 pm »
Looking now as if it will just be me and the missus so we have changed the criteria for the hotel and found this one  - https://theivimare.com/en/ adult only hotel.
We figure we may as well go somewhere nice for our 30th wedding anniversary next June.

Thats looks stunning. I remember walking past it on the way to the Water Park

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2024, 07:37:03 pm »
Ibiza at least 3 times, again 💃🏾🕺🏻. Although Defected Malta & Croatia are also tempting.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2024, 08:59:46 pm »
Bergamo for 4 days, then either Lisbon or Marseille for a few days, then I'd like to think I can get to Dublin for a long week, hopefully a couple of London trips, then all going well, a couple of days in Warsaw.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2024, 10:21:43 am »
seconded.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2024, 11:03:23 am »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2024, 11:30:40 am »
Yes, I went in December 22 for the Christmas Markets and the Basquiat exhibit at the Albertina. Cheap Gosser everywhere, loved it.

Offline Ab125

• Main Stander
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2024, 01:15:16 pm »
Sa coma Majorca end of Majorca for 10 nights and a long weekend in the caravan somewhere possibly Haggerston.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2024, 01:19:57 pm »
Cala en Bosch in September, not a huge fan of really hot weather so I thought September would be a better options that August  ;D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2024, 08:38:52 pm »
Heard an advert for Emirates today, waffling on about BBQs on the beach and other outdoor stuff, then it said Visit Dubai this summer. Like fuck they do BBQs in the summer, its  48/49c of a day and over 40c of a night :lmao

It'll be some wanker-filled BBQ Experience full of influencers and the sort of beaked up, too tight shiny suit-wearing, carpet-carrying types who get into fights at Cheltenham. And you just know that knobhead Salt Bae will be involved.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2024, 09:13:26 pm »
It'll be some wanker-filled BBQ Experience full of influencers and the sort of beaked up, too tight shiny suit-wearing, carpet-carrying types who get into fights at Cheltenham. And you just know that knobhead Salt Bae will be involved.

I'd love to watch the fuckers passing out from the heat ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2024, 10:48:34 pm »
Cala en Bosch in September, not a huge fan of really hot weather so I thought September would be a better options that August  ;D
We went there in September too. Weather was nice.

This year we're trying Majorca. I've never been. Either Cala D'or or Soller. Probably the former for the coves to snorkel in. September again. Once the kids have all gone back to school and it's quieter.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2024, 01:23:18 pm »

This year we're trying Majorca. I've never been. Either Cala D'or or Soller. Probably the former for the coves to snorkel in. September again. Once the kids have all gone back to school and it's quieter.
We went to Cala D'Or some 25ish years ago when the kids were little and it was lovely. No idea if it has stayed lovely though.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2024, 01:36:09 pm »
We went to Cala D'Or some 25ish years ago when the kids were little and it was lovely. No idea if it has stayed lovely though.

It was lovely when we went in 2017.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2024, 02:26:35 pm »

Been to Santa Ponsa a few times and love it there.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2024, 02:52:06 pm »
It was lovely when we went in 2017.

My mate only sold his Villa there in the past couple of years and it was still lovely

Been to Santa Ponsa a few times and love it there.

Been once, loved everything except piggybacking the youngest up the big hill in 90f temps of a night cos he was tired, I was drippingby the time we got to the hotel ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2024, 04:03:24 pm »
Thanks for those replies on Cala D'or. We've been to Ibiza, Formentera and Menorca, but I've never tried Majorca. Mrs S has but not Cala D'or. I've always thought it looked really nice when I've seen pictures. It's got the coves we like for snorkelling too. Flights are booked. We're just shopping around for accommodation now.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2024, 04:43:10 pm »

Been once, loved everything except piggybacking the youngest up the big hill in 90f temps of a night cos he was tired, I was drippingby the time we got to the hotel ;D
Aye, cardiac hill. The Missus and I always got cabs up there, day and night, but especially nights after a drink or 12.