Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2567305 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #43240 on: March 20, 2024, 04:58:49 pm »
From the outside it’s an extremely frustrating process, went through it recently with a family member. Completely understandable though when you take into account how hard it would be to schedule and organise time slots.

Yeah that's it, they're very busy

He's just gone in, I managed not to blub like a baby this time when the anaesthetic knocked him out
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #43241 on: March 20, 2024, 06:55:27 pm »
I hope your son is ok, Rob. Hope everything went well for him.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #43242 on: March 20, 2024, 07:00:54 pm »
Fingers crossed Rob.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43243 on: March 20, 2024, 08:57:10 pm »
Hope all's gone well for him Rob 👍

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43244 on: March 20, 2024, 09:40:28 pm »
I hope your son is ok, Rob. Hope everything went well for him.
Fingers crossed Rob.
Hope all's gone well for him Rob 👍

Cheers folks. Just a minor op that boys sometimes need, he's going to be very tender for 7 to 10 days though, so he'll milk it I'm sure. Took him ages to come around from the general, he was asleep for about 2 hours after surgery, one point he woke up, looked at me and called me a twat and zonked out again ;D We got out just before 8. He's had a load of chicken strips for tea and is back to normal.

With the weird way their school hols are, the week after Easter they are off, he's staying off until the Tuesday after Easter, so he's going to do no more than 4 days in school in the next month
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #43245 on: March 20, 2024, 10:47:21 pm »
Cheers folks. Just a minor op that boys sometimes need, he's going to be very tender for 7 to 10 days though, so he'll milk it I'm sure. Took him ages to come around from the general, he was asleep for about 2 hours after surgery, one point he woke up, looked at me and called me a twat and zonked out again ;D We got out just before 8. He's had a load of chicken strips for tea and is back to normal.

With the weird way their school hols are, the week after Easter they are off, he's staying off until the Tuesday after Easter, so he's going to do no more than 4 days in school in the next month
:lmao

That's when you know he's going to be just fine.  ;D

Minor op some boys sometimes need? Ah, yes, I had to have a bad attitude bypass at that age too. 😃

I'm glad he's ok. 😎👍
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #43246 on: March 20, 2024, 11:34:05 pm »
...one point he woke up, looked at me and called me a twat and zonked out again ;D

I just knew there would be good stories from the post-op... :D

Glad your lad is all right, Rob...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43247 on: March 20, 2024, 11:50:55 pm »
I remember going to the hospital for surgery for a broken arm. Couldn't eat for 12 hours beforehand, waited for ages, had to put on some stupid knee high socks and then sit there surrounded by hot student girls while looking like an absolute twat. The doctor taking them on his rounds then told me he didn't think I needed surgery and sent me home.

When I went to get my cast removed the doctor also pointed out that the cast was only supposed to cover my elbow, not my wrist too, information which was 6 weeks too late to be of any fucking use.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43248 on: March 21, 2024, 01:48:39 pm »
Made a cup of tea in the office kitchen. Walked back to my desk after and noticed I'd forgot to put milk in it. Had to walk back again  :butt
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #43249 on: March 21, 2024, 02:09:56 pm »
Made a cup of tea in the office kitchen. Walked back to my desk after and noticed I'd forgot to put milk in it. Had to walk back again  :butt
Wrong thread ,  should be here Barney https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=201532.0  :lmao :lmao :lmao
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 02:12:37 pm by Saltashscouse »
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #43250 on: March 21, 2024, 02:20:25 pm »
Wrong thread ,  should be here Barney https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=201532.0  :lmao :lmao :lmao

That should really link to the "Small things in life that make me think I'm a daft c*nt" thread.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43251 on: March 21, 2024, 02:29:09 pm »

While I was pouring the milk in I did think whether it should go in that thread or not. It annoyed me that much I decided this was the most appropriate place  :D

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #43252 on: March 21, 2024, 03:43:05 pm »
While I was pouring the milk in I did think whether it should go in that thread or not. It annoyed me that much I decided this was the most appropriate place  :D

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43253 on: March 22, 2024, 09:03:43 am »
told the dog off for acting the c*nt barking/bouncing at the window, so in typical boxer creeping style needs to be as close to me as possible and now I'm trapped at my desk and he's snoring his head off.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43254 on: March 22, 2024, 09:05:06 am »
told the dog off for acting the c*nt barking/bouncing at the window, so in typical boxer creeping style needs to be as close to me as possible and now I'm trapped at my desk and he's snoring his head off.

Sounds like me when I piss the wife off ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43255 on: March 22, 2024, 03:59:53 pm »
Got my son a car on Wednesday. Here in NI we need a paper copy of the MOT certificate to get it taxed.

Seller didn't have it, but as I'd checked online to see it was valid and passed I didn't query it.
Was tested in England, so contacted DVSA. Directed to download it online.

Online service says the V5C number isn't valid. Ring DVLA. It definitely is correct and they direct me back to DVSA.

DVSA says fuck all they can do and no idea what I can do to sort it.

Cheers you useless sacks of shit.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43256 on: March 22, 2024, 04:04:49 pm »
When you cancel your mobile contract, but they put you through to upgrades/sales.

"Hi, I'd like to cancel my service now it's out of contract."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Let me just find the latest offers and I'll see what I can do for you. What's your budget?"

"Zero pounds. I'd like to cancel please."

"Can I ask why? We have some special offers at the moment. Blah Blah"

"I'd like to cancel."

"Blah blah blah."

"CANCEL."

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43257 on: March 22, 2024, 06:48:10 pm »
Got my son a car on Wednesday. Here in NI we need a paper copy of the MOT certificate to get it taxed.

Seller didn't have it, but as I'd checked online to see it was valid and passed I didn't query it.
Was tested in England, so contacted DVSA. Directed to download it online.

Online service says the V5C number isn't valid. Ring DVLA. It definitely is correct and they direct me back to DVSA.

DVSA says fuck all they can do and no idea what I can do to sort it.

Cheers you useless sacks of shit.

Can you just take for a mot yourself? (I don’t know how much that costs mind you)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43258 on: March 22, 2024, 07:13:33 pm »
When you cancel your mobile contract, but they put you through to upgrades/sales.

"Hi, I'd like to cancel my service now it's out of contract."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Let me just find the latest offers and I'll see what I can do for you. What's your budget?"

"Zero pounds. I'd like to cancel please."

"Can I ask why? We have some special offers at the moment. Blah Blah"

"I'd like to cancel."

"Blah blah blah."

"CANCEL."

I had to cancel my dads sky tv last week. Twenty minutes on the phone, they offered to knock a tenner off the bill, offered me netflix and disney and even said if he was getting freeview that it would cost him more as he would have to pay maintenance for it.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43259 on: March 22, 2024, 07:19:54 pm »
I had to cancel my dads sky tv last week. Twenty minutes on the phone, they offered to knock a tenner off the bill, offered me netflix and disney and even said if he was getting freeview that it would cost him more as he would have to pay maintenance for it.

Haha, i'm surprised they didn't offer you their car at weekends... Yeh the more determined you are to cancel, the more they seem to offer. I've pretended to cancel with sky in the past just for a better deal, but this time I even explained I already had a new phone with Vodafone as I have my broadband, mobile BB (for my laptop) and apple watch contracts with them, so I got a discount with them and it's easier to deal with one company. But they still tried to sell me a mobile contract - why would I need two phones?! They should stop wasting their own time when someone says they've already signed up elsewhere.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #43260 on: March 22, 2024, 07:33:25 pm »
Sorry to hear that, Tone. It sounds awful. Hopefully you get back in soon and the problems are sorted out. Are you the Tony who commented in the Echo piece? Their comments section? That's always infested by utter gobshites and is best avoided.

You'll get that hotel money back, won't you? I certainly hope so anyway. Take care, Tone.
Thanks you and others for the nice words!

I am back at the flat as of mid week and water is still an issue. My flat is leaking into the one below. Apparently the way it was set up this week, the water pressure couldn't be attenuated so when the water DID go on, it created new leaks from it just being top level pressure all the time

Have been feeling rough, it's a orrible job mucking your freezer out.

I will be looking to get all costs back
Have read my contract and I'm due rent back, as well as refunds

I was saving my receipts, right
So at the airport Travelodge,  I went the bar one night

Asked for a receipt, fuck it
... the girl tries to print it. The printer breaks.
She calls the lad over, who tries to write it.
His pen runs out (at that point I was cringing and tried to cancel it)

So I will be submitting that hilariously-awkward biro receipt along with the hotel fees and cabs, and the karma for that is not on me!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43261 on: March 23, 2024, 01:33:16 pm »
Opening the connections thread to see Tubby thinks the board  is "Really easy today".
Coming on the back of two defeats this creates a lot of pressure.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #43262 on: March 23, 2024, 01:35:40 pm »
Opening the connections thread to see Tubby thinks the board  is "Really easy today".

;D
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43263 on: March 23, 2024, 01:50:12 pm »

Don’t worry Kenny, I still nearly fucked it. Some things you can still rely on.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43264 on: March 23, 2024, 03:42:03 pm »
The Scottish guy doing the co-coms on the legends game.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43265 on: March 23, 2024, 04:17:09 pm »
The Scottish guy doing the co-coms on the legends game.

It's ruining it isn't it?

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43266 on: March 23, 2024, 04:34:09 pm »
yep,getting some "love" in the legends game thread as well!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43267 on: March 23, 2024, 05:58:27 pm »
Somehow mis measured the drop when measuring up for new Vertical blinds down stairs, the slats are too long and I never took the mismeasurement insurance and I've never fucked it up in the past :no :butt

Need 52 new slats :no
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43268 on: March 23, 2024, 06:14:49 pm »
Somehow mis measured the drop when measuring up for new Vertical blinds down stairs, the slats are too long and I never took the mismeasurement insurance and I've never fucked it up in the past :no :butt

Need 52 new slats :no
could be worse - I once spent an afternoon putting up wallpaper, for my wife to walk in and say "it's upside down".

which it was.

btw you're getting old Rob  :)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #43269 on: March 25, 2024, 02:38:24 pm »
Getting sued for $250,000. Fucking stupid legal system in this country. I hear England has gotten a bit ridiculous but this is insanity.

Two full years ago I was coming out of a thin road tunnel under a railway when a guy stepped out right in front of me at the last second. He stepped back and I swerved but I still ran over hs foot. I got a court document stuck on my door last week. I am being sued by some scum bag lawyer who got a guy to file an action against me. Th eguy I ran over was a truck driver who got out of his truck without looking and stepped into my lane at the wrong time. So he was technically injured at work. The court document blames me for everything saying i was going too fast etc and I have 21 days to reply or it is an admission of guilt with a made up $250,000 number attached to it. It's all BS and my insurere will handle it, but still, its a ll stress and drama as the two parties actually involved know the guy was totally at fault.

Update on this. Just talked to my insurance apoointed lawyer.
This was an event where the guy totally stepped into my traffic lane and no other factors of speeding or alcohol or anything. In my opinion its totally 100% his fault. He files a lawsuit with a scum bag lawyer for his medical expenses (about $13K) beacuse I ran over his foot that was in my lane right at the time when the statute of limitations for personal injury was about to run out. I find out that my insurance company already offered the guy $25K just to go away and settle the suit. The guy and his scum bag lawyer declined, so now its go to the next step and may go to trial. It is amazing to me the insurance company would even consider offering a settlement without really looking at things or getting my statement. This is why motor premiums in the US are so high when you have to pay for all this bull shit.
Lawyer has no idea where it will go next and may end actually going to trial, which will be fun and a total waste of my time.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43270 on: March 25, 2024, 04:32:59 pm »
A lot about Mark Clattenberg annoys me. His whole existence really.

But specifically the shape of his mouth when he is saying "ready" before blowing the whistle on Gladiators.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #43271 on: March 25, 2024, 04:34:32 pm »

But specifically the shape of his mouth when he is saying "ready" before blowing the whistle on Gladiators.
weird accent too

Update on this. Just talked to my insurance apoointed lawyer.
This was an event where the guy totally stepped into my traffic lane and no other factors of speeding or alcohol or anything. In my opinion its totally 100% his fault. He files a lawsuit with a scum bag lawyer for his medical expenses (about $13K) beacuse I ran over his foot that was in my lane right at the time when the statute of limitations for personal injury was about to run out. I find out that my insurance company already offered the guy $25K just to go away and settle the suit. The guy and his scum bag lawyer declined, so now its go to the next step and may go to trial. It is amazing to me the insurance company would even consider offering a settlement without really looking at things or getting my statement. This is why motor premiums in the US are so high when you have to pay for all this bull shit.
Lawyer has no idea where it will go next and may end actually going to trial, which will be fun and a total waste of my time.
hope you get sorted, its very shady that story

things that annoy, people interrupting me, does my absolute head in
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #43272 on: March 25, 2024, 05:39:45 pm »

I don't watch enough football to build up the opinions on refs you guys do. But my daughter has recently started watching gladiators.  And boy is he there for the limelight. You can see why he's such a shite ref.

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43273 on: March 25, 2024, 05:53:51 pm »
Tell you what grinds my gears, handful of people that will do anything to get themselves on TV, will whore themselves out to any show on any channel just to get themselves on the box. I’m talking Joel Dommett, Jordan North, Stephen Mulhern etc. Hats off to their agents though getting them those gigs when they’re absolutely shite.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43274 on: March 25, 2024, 05:59:51 pm »
Tell you what grinds my gears, handful of people that will do anything to get themselves on TV, will whore themselves out to any show on any channel just to get themselves on the box. I’m talking Joel Dommett, Jordan North, Stephen Mulhern etc. Hats off to their agents though getting them those gigs when they’re absolutely shite.

I’ve got this show I reckon you’ll really enjoy, ITV Saturday nights…give it a try, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #43275 on: March 25, 2024, 06:01:19 pm »
Kids at footy matches, begging banners for players' shirts.
And that kid who ran onto the pitch at the Legends game to get a selfie with Steven Gerrard.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43276 on: March 25, 2024, 06:03:46 pm »
Kids at footy matches, begging banners for players' shirts.
And that kid who ran onto the pitch at the Legends game to get a selfie with Steven Gerrard.

I saw a few the other day at the legends game. One asking for Dudek's gloves, but the one I liked the most was one asking for Gerrard's shirt. He was about 40 rows back on the Kop. How the fuck did he expect Gerrard to get it to him  ;D

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #43277 on: March 25, 2024, 11:13:24 pm »
I saw a few the other day at the legends game. One asking for Dudek's gloves, but the one I liked the most was one asking for Gerrard's shirt. He was about 40 rows back on the Kop. How the fuck did he expect Gerrard to get it to him  ;D
Mimic a sterling pen?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43278 on: March 26, 2024, 08:34:32 am »

Chris and Rosie Ramsey are another two, like a bad fart, they get absolutely everywhere.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #43279 on: March 26, 2024, 08:42:08 am »
I saw Mulhern on a Butlins advert, promoting a residency he has at one of them. Not exactly Vegas is it?

So many of the kids presenters of that era have somehow had longevity.
AHA!