Author Topic: Serie A 2009/10  (Read 97552 times)

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Serie A 2009/10
« on: August 9, 2009, 09:53:39 pm »
I've had a good look around and I can't find a Calcio thread for 2009/10.

I thought a good place to start would be the Supercoppa final, in which those cheating fascist bastards managed to get two goals (which were either in the first instance a handball into the net, or a handball to control the ball before shooting) past the Ref to beat Mourinho's men 2-1.

Predictions for the top 4 this year:

1. Inter
2. Juve
3. Fiorentina
4. Milan
(5. Lazio
6. Roma)

*edit* though I'd like to say I'm completely prepared to be surprised by a team like Genoa like I was last year!

Forza La Magica! ;)
« Last Edit: August 9, 2009, 10:15:53 pm by Bennyo »

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
Re: Serie A 2009/10
« Reply #1 on: August 9, 2009, 09:57:40 pm »

I thought a good place to start would be the Supercoppa final, in which those cheating fascist bastards managed to get two goals (which were either in the first instance a handball into the net, or a handball to control the ball before shooting) past the Ref to beat Mourinho's men 2-1.

Ooh Maureen won't have liked that - a taste of his own medicine.

I'm going to go for Milan for no reason other than I like Leonardo.  :)

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 9, 2009, 10:14:30 pm »
Ooh Maureen won't have liked that - a taste of his own medicine.

I'm going to go for Milan for no reason other than I like Leonardo.  :)

I like Milan too and I wish them well (for no other reason than they're 'champions' like us and because of their YNWA after Hillsborough (although to be fair I only found out about that since youtube). But I have to say it's another Inter year in my opinion.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 02:12:27 pm »
Well done Bennyo, it's great that you opened a thread for the serie A  :D

Unfortunately Matuzalem's goal was regular, the ball bounced off his face and went in, but he didn't touch it with the arm. The result was very unfair, given that we dominated the game for large spells and had several chances which we didn't convert, particularly those missed by Muntari in the first half and Eto'o at the beginning of the second were incredible! That mistake aside, the Cameroonian looked well and so Milito. Lucio proved to be in the same great form of the Confederation Cup and besides flawless at defending, he made himself dangerous on corner kicks too. When Samuel comes back our defense will be very solid, Chivu is not reliable in my opinion, he's guilty on Rocchi's goal.

What I didn't like at all was our midfield, there are all "workers" and no flair players, Thiago Motta is technically gifted but his performance on Saturday was disappointing. We're being linked to Sneijder or Van der Vaart, any of them behind the striker would be much better than Stankovic, who seems to be a player in decline.

As for the serie A, well we're the biggest favourites but Juve did well in the market by signing Felipe Melo and Diego, two very good players. I reckon they'll be our biggest rivals for the title.

The league starts on Saturday 22nd, we'll play our first game on Sunday vs Bari in San Siro and the following week there's the derby already.

This is the matchday 1 :

Bologna-Fiorentina (Sat h 6 pm)

Catania-Sampdoria

Genoa-Roma

Inter-Bari (Sun h 6 pm)

Juve-Chievo

Lazio-Atalanta

Livorno-Cagliari

Palermo-Napoli

Siena-Milan (Sat h 8.30 pm)

Udinese-Parma.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 02:46:51 pm »
Genoa have brought in a lot of players this summer. They've potentially almost got a brand new starting eleven. I think minus Maldini and Kaka and without any real investment during the summer (aside from Huntelaar), I think this could be a tough year for Leanardo.

My prediction:

1. Inter
2. Juventus
3. Fiorentina
4. Roma
5. Milan
6. Genoa

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 02:55:25 pm »
id love milan to win it, always been my fav serie A team, absolute hate Juve and Lazio, its gonna be inters year tho
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 03:04:11 pm »
Need someone put up a challenge  to inter it was a bit to easy last year i think their going for their 5th title in a row? not sure something like that but then again i can't complain england hasn't been much different with utd winning the last 3.

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 03:15:26 pm »
Predictions for the top 4 this year:

1. Inter
2. Juve
3. Fiorentina
4. Milan
(5. Lazio
6. Roma)

I expect that I am not alone in saying that while seeing my beloved Fiorentina winning silverware would be great, finishing above Juve would be just as good.  ;)

Still, I would take those final standings, even though I expect Milan will finish ahead of us.

Fiorentina just signed 32 year-old defensive midfielder Cristiano Zanetti from Juve for Ģ1.5m late last night.  The Champions League squad deadline for the playoff round was last night at midnight CET, so the signing was completed with a view to having him available for the two legs with Sporting.    Our season won't depend on him and he is a solid signing at that price, adding some experience and steel following Felipe Melo's departure.

Prandelli loves his deep-lying central midfielders so I wouldn't rule out another signing there, but the priorities now are another center-half and a right fullback.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:21:38 pm by Emlynevermore »
Forza Viola!
Sitting in my car near anfield I've just had an amazing idea. Why not get behind the team?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 03:21:23 pm »
Surprised no one has put Napoli in the top 6. Much as I like Lazio (and no, before anyone starts, it's not a political thing) they've got loads of players who want out whereas Napoli are bringing players in. Palermo and Genoa both seem to be quite confident about themselves as well. Wouldn't be surprised if all 3 finished above the capital clubs.

Have to say that the title race looks a two horse race between Juve and Inter though. I don't like the club, but I would dearly love to see Del Piero win another Serie A before he retires and there can't be too many opportunities left.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 03:28:37 pm »
Palermo have had a really interesting mercato:  getting 'keeper Rubinho from Genoa, snapping up the kid Pastore from Huracan, and midfielder Nicolas Bertolo from Banfield.  They probably won't go much better than top-half of the table but that ain't bad.

I hope promoted Bari find a way to stay up; Serie A needs more southern clubs.  Losing Guberti is a big blow, though...  :(
Forza Viola!
Sitting in my car near anfield I've just had an amazing idea. Why not get behind the team?

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 03:45:43 pm »
I can see Juve winning it this season
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline Meg7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 05:12:40 pm »
Inter look different now that Zlatan is gone. Not a bad different but there is something about them. I still think they need to sign another creative player to help distribute balls into the box for Eto'o/Balotelli/Milito but so far I like the way the team is looking and playing.

I've also watched most of Fiorentina's games. I was worried about how we'd play since Melo left and that would mean having Montolivo, Kuzi, and Vargas all shifting a bit but so far it seems like we won't be in too much trouble. I'm most worried about our defense as well as our strikers. I think Gilardino will be as effect as he was last year but with everything going on with Mutu and all the injuries he had, I hope he can have a better season.

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 03:22:56 am »
I've also watched most of Fiorentina's games. I was worried about how we'd play since Melo left and that would mean having Montolivo, Kuzi, and Vargas all shifting a bit but so far it seems like we won't be in too much trouble. I'm most worried about our defense as well as our strikers. I think Gilardino will be as effect as he was last year but with everything going on with Mutu and all the injuries he had, I hope he can have a better season.

I am more concerned about our back four.  Sebastien Frey, for me, is every bit as good as Inter's Julio Cesar but he can't keep bailing us out every time the guys in front of him cock up routine defensive duties.  Pasqual has the left back spot to himself so long as he continues to play well and link up intelligently with Vargas down the left.  I love Gamberini.  New boy Cesare Natali is OK, I suppose, as third-choice central defender but Sandro needs a better partner for us to maintain or improve upon 4th place.  Club captain and part-time center half Dario Dainelli has looked to be on his way out for a while now, with Sampdoria his likely destination now.  I can't tell if Gianluca Comotto is genuinely rubbish as a first-choice right back or if he is just being daft.

The more I think about it, the more I like the Cristiano Zanetti signing.  If he stays fit, he brings a lot to the group.  There is method to his madness in midfield, too, since he can actually pass, because Marco Donadel--for all his endeavor--ultimately can't.  Donadel's hair is also a shambles; fucking embarrassing, that.  I don't know if you have watched any of the preseason matches but Kuzmanovic has looked the business as a more athletic "Pirlo" type in the absence of Montolivo following the latter's extended break due to Confederations Cup duty.  About time, too, as Kuz was poor last season.  Still young, though.

Mutu's thing is serious.  I mean, it's a fucking joke but it's serious.  The CAS has ruled against him, denied his appeal, and it appears that European contract law backs their decision.  I don't know what he is going to do.  He might actually have to retire in order to keep from paying the €17m, since CAS decisions only apply to sport.  Poor Aidy...  :(

I hope Jovetic has a breakout season.  And for the record, his hair is AWESOME.  8)

In keeping with the whole I-played-great-for-Prandelli-at-Parma-but-have-fallen-on-hard-times-so-let-me-go-back-to-him-and-resurrect-my-career vein, Adriano wants back into the big-time in a World Cup year and has been fielding offers from Italy, among other places.  Uh-oh...
Forza Viola!

Offline Spinney

• Kopite
  • Here we go again!
    • chris spinney
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 05:05:06 am »
I hope Roma break the top 4 I want to see them back in europe.

Offline Meg7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 03:24:57 am »
I am more concerned about our back four.  Sebastien Frey, for me, is every bit as good as Inter's Julio Cesar but he can't keep bailing us out every time the guys in front of him cock up routine defensive duties.  Pasqual has the left back spot to himself so long as he continues to play well and link up intelligently with Vargas down the left.  I love Gamberini.  New boy Cesare Natali is OK, I suppose, as third-choice central defender but Sandro needs a better partner for us to maintain or improve upon 4th place.  Club captain and part-time center half Dario Dainelli has looked to be on his way out for a while now, with Sampdoria his likely destination now.  I can't tell if Gianluca Comotto is genuinely rubbish as a first-choice right back or if he is just being daft.

The more I think about it, the more I like the Cristiano Zanetti signing.  If he stays fit, he brings a lot to the group.  There is method to his madness in midfield, too, since he can actually pass, because Marco Donadel--for all his endeavor--ultimately can't.  Donadel's hair is also a shambles; fucking embarrassing, that.  I don't know if you have watched any of the preseason matches but Kuzmanovic has looked the business as a more athletic "Pirlo" type in the absence of Montolivo following the latter's extended break due to Confederations Cup duty.  About time, too, as Kuz was poor last season.  Still young, though.

Mutu's thing is serious.  I mean, it's a fucking joke but it's serious.  The CAS has ruled against him, denied his appeal, and it appears that European contract law backs their decision.  I don't know what he is going to do.  He might actually have to retire in order to keep from paying the €17m, since CAS decisions only apply to sport.  Poor Aidy...  :(

I hope Jovetic has a breakout season.  And for the record, his hair is AWESOME.  8)

In keeping with the whole I-played-great-for-Prandelli-at-Parma-but-have-fallen-on-hard-times-so-let-me-go-back-to-him-and-resurrect-my-career vein, Adriano wants back into the big-time in a World Cup year and has been fielding offers from Italy, among other places.  Uh-oh...

I agree with the defense thing.  I think that was Fiorentina's biggest problem last year. Well when they went through that spell of being awful, I think everyone was to blame save fro Frey. As someone said, Pasqual + Vargas is showing that they are linking up almost perfectly and giving great runs together. Gamberini is probably the best defensive player we have but we can't rely just on him. It's nice to have Jorgy back but I still think we need to buy someone else. I know the name Jonathan Spector was thrown out and Corvino seems to be put off by the price tag (5 million Euros) and it is a risk since he hasn't played in Italy but he's been in England for about 5 years now and could be a good shout. Don't think it will happen but I highly rate him. I think a good CB is what we need right  now and I'm hoping that Corvino will buy someone before the season starts.

I was worried how Fiorentina would look with Melo gone but I think Kuzi will step it up and be better this year as well as having Monty back. There were times last year that Monty made passes that would make even Alonso jealous :P. And you are right, I hope JoJo has an amazing season. He got so much stick last year but so far he's done awesome and you are right, his hair is amazing.

I am glad the team is taking the whole thing seriously with Adi. I can't seem him leaving but hopefully he'll be able to keep playing. God knows it would only give me another reason to hate Chelsea if they forced a player to retire based on a fucking ridiculous sentence. As if they need the money.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 06:28:18 am »
Juve
Inter
Milan
Lazio
Fiorentina
Napoli
Genoa
Roma

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 08:39:40 am »
so Meg7 and Emlynevermore are Fiorentina fans? Just asking..

I don't have a favourite Italian team really, but I'll be 'following' the ups and downs of Palermo this season I think. Pink shirts and Sicilian and an outside bet for that 4th spot... plus I'd love to go to Sicily.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 09:30:59 am »
Palermo eh, Filler?

I will be keeping an eye on them especially after they signed a couple exciting youngsters from Argentina, I believe.

Good to see some Fiorentina fans.

Hopefully this will be a quality thread this year with ESPN showing Serie A live.  Good to have Italian football back.

Offline Meg7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 04:24:00 pm »
so Meg7 and Emlynevermore are Fiorentina fans? Just asking..

I don't have a favourite Italian team really, but I'll be 'following' the ups and downs of Palermo this season I think. Pink shirts and Sicilian and an outside bet for that 4th spot... plus I'd love to go to Sicily.

Yep. It just kind of happened but Fiorentina are a good team, sort of the underdogs that still prove they can play with the big boys. Good players and a great manager.

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 05:17:48 pm »
Yep. It just kind of happened but Fiorentina are a good team, sort of the underdogs that still prove they can play with the big boys. Good players and a great manager.

Visited Firenze when I was six with my family and begged my dad to take me to a game.  Don't remember much about the match itself but I do remember the noise; I had never been in a place with so many people in it at the same time before. 

Batistuta, Rui Costa, and, later, Totti were my idols growing up.  When our financial difficulties became increasingly apparent at the turn of the century, we sold Batigol to Roma for a pot of money, and they subsequently gave him the Scudetto we never could.  He hated leaving us but he deserved to win Serie A just once in his career, so for that alone, Roma too hold a special place in my heart.

By the same token, the man who led Roma to that title, Fabio Capello, can fuck off.   >:(

Cesare Prandelli, the Fiorentina manager, is an affable, classy fellow, the sort of manager people want to play for, and not just because his teams play good football, either.  His wife Manuela died of cancer nearly two years ago--and this is just conjecture--but it seems to me that he is more sober these than he ever used to be (understandably).  Love him, love him, love him.

The supporters of most teams with a director of football invariably hate him but ours, Pantaleo Corvino, is basically a genius.  Even the Felipe Melo deal is good business, despite us selling him to our mortal enemies Juve (though keeping him from Arsenal helps Liverpool).  This time last year, no one knew who he was, having played for Almeria in Spain after bouncing around in Brazil, and a number of our supporters didn't even want him because of the other players we already had in his position; now he starts in midfield for Brazil and his sale has added over  €20m to our coffers, money that will likely be reinvested.

Of course, being a Brazilian defensive midfielder who can pass and plays for Fiorentina was always going to get you noticed by Dunga so... ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:22:20 pm by Emlynevermore »
Forza Viola!

Offline Meg7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 03:30:38 am »
Visited Firenze when I was six with my family and begged my dad to take me to a game.  Don't remember much about the match itself but I do remember the noise; I had never been in a place with so many people in it at the same time before. 

Batistuta, Rui Costa, and, later, Totti were my idols growing up.  When our financial difficulties became increasingly apparent at the turn of the century, we sold Batigol to Roma for a pot of money, and they subsequently gave him the Scudetto we never could.  He hated leaving us but he deserved to win Serie A just once in his career, so for that alone, Roma too hold a special place in my heart.

By the same token, the man who led Roma to that title, Fabio Capello, can fuck off.   >:(

Cesare Prandelli, the Fiorentina manager, is an affable, classy fellow, the sort of manager people want to play for, and not just because his teams play good football, either.  His wife Manuela died of cancer nearly two years ago--and this is just conjecture--but it seems to me that he is more sober these than he ever used to be (understandably).  Love him, love him, love him.

The supporters of most teams with a director of football invariably hate him but ours, Pantaleo Corvino, is basically a genius.  Even the Felipe Melo deal is good business, despite us selling him to our mortal enemies Juve (though keeping him from Arsenal helps Liverpool).  This time last year, no one knew who he was, having played for Almeria in Spain after bouncing around in Brazil, and a number of our supporters didn't even want him because of the other players we already had in his position; now he starts in midfield for Brazil and his sale has added over  €20m to our coffers, money that will likely be reinvested.

Of course, being a Brazilian defensive midfielder who can pass and plays for Fiorentina was always going to get you noticed by Dunga so... ;)

I've always wanted to go to Florence before I was ever a fan and now I have more reason to go. Once I get the money of course.

I adore Prandelli. Great coach not only on the pitch but off. There is a reason why so many Fiorentina fans call him a saint. Truly deserving of that.

Corvino is probably the only footballing director that fans are willing to praise. I trust in him and Prandelli the way I trust in Rafa. They obviously knew losing Melo was going to cause a stir but they knew they were getting money which they needed and as well as still being able to fill the gap with the midfielders we have. Can't wait to see them once the season starts.

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 03:49:02 am »
Napoli are a decent shout, with the players they already had--I really like Fabiano Santacroce--and now adding Quagliarella, among others.  Sneaky good signing, is Luca Cigarini.  That guy can play.

The only person who doesn't seem happy with the squad is Roberto Donadoni, which would be OK if he wasn't the manager. ;D

A lot of people hate club president Aurelio De Laurentiis but I think he's awesome.

This pearler on the subject of several of his players being linked with English sides last season still cracks me up:

Quote from: De Laurentiis
We made these players — two years ago nobody knew who they were.  If they want to go to England then in the end they’re going to go, but they need to understand this: the English live badly, eat badly and their women do not wash their genitalia. To them, a bidet is a mystery.

:lmao
Forza Viola!

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 08:07:15 am »
Inter
Milan
Fiorentina
Juventus
Napoli
Genoa

Obviously you can easily have Lazio, Palermo, Roma up there as well, which shows how competitive the league is.

Can't see anyone beating Inter. Think Milan and Dinho will surprise a few people. Think Juve made a huge mistake in buying Melo. They certainly needed a different type of midfielder, and well, I don't know. Just don't the aura with Juve.

Napoli and Genoa have made some great buys. Cigarini in particular. That guy is going to be Pirlo's successor in a few fears. The kid can play.

Obviously, you have Fiorentina, who are my favorite Italian team. I have man love for Cesare Prandelli. Classy guy on and off the field.

It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Grobbelaar

• Anny Roader
  • Rafa is Boss
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 11:51:46 am »
Roma
Napoli
Fiorentina
Juventus
Sampdoria
Milan
Inter

Grande Roma.

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 11:56:48 am »
I hate to say this, but Napoli will never get anywhere with donadoni as coach. Would love to see them in the champions league, having been to the area alot in the last few years.
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline Ecuared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 07:20:29 am »
I used to watch loads of Serie A but havenīt watched much apart from the derbies for a few years as Inter has just been pissing it. I think they will win it again this year, but I also think it may be a bit closer as Juve have once again put togethor a good team that will at least be able to run them close. Milan is my favourite Serie A team, but they have big problems and I wouldnīt be surprised to see them fall out of Champions League places again.

As has been mentioned earlier in the thread there are a lot of quality teams out there like Samp, Fiorentina, Roma, Genoa, Lazio, Napoli, and Palermo who will all be fighting for spots in Europe, and hopefully causing some upsets along the way.

I also think it will be interesting how Etīto and Milito do at Inter. Although nobody rates him around here Zlatan was absolutely massive for them over the last few years (in Serie A), he bailed them out of problems time and time again. If the new strike force struggles things could get interesting at the top, but I donīt think they will.

I really hope there is a genuine title race this year, and I donīt really care who is involved.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 04:39:36 am »
Juventus  ;D
Inter
Roma
Milan

I think Inter could become complacent after winning 4 in a row. Juve are looking dangerous, they have to motivation and ambition, Diego is going to light up Serie A. Ciro Ferrara the new Juventus coach looks formidable, highly focused and lots of charisma. The Milan coach Leonardo, I have a feeling is a bit out of his league, they haven't won one preseason game.
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 01:20:10 am »
Where can I find the fixtures dates for Serie A?  ???
I'm really looking forward to the season. I don't want to miss the big matches.

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 01:24:26 am »
Where can I find the fixtures dates for Serie A?  ???
I'm really looking forward to the season. I don't want to miss the big matches.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fixtures/5021386/Italian-Serie-A-Fixtures.html  full calender there , milan vs inter 2nd game of the season!

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 01:48:43 am »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fixtures/5021386/Italian-Serie-A-Fixtures.html  full calender there , milan vs inter 2nd game of the season!
Thanks, that is going to be good, but Milan are looking hopeless right now. It's really quite sad such a classy team are spiraling like that.

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 05:22:01 pm »
not really a big fan of this league (would rather watch bundesliga- just a huge decline from its brilliance during the 90s and early naughts with rui Costa and batigol- i root for fiorentina and to a lesser extent, also cheer on some roma games, in this league), with the corruption, fan violence and just dour tactics. anyway, think that inter are just too good and vastly improved to runaway with this again. agree with the post about the possible decline of napoli, perhaps la viola too, but really excited as a neutral that the eagles and il luppi might have a battle royale for that champions league spot. also hoping for more consistency from peter pan and sampdoria.

Matches for Week One:

Bologna v Fiorentina
Siena v FC Silvio
Special One v Bari
Lazio v Atalanta
Udinese v Parma
Catania v Sampdoria
Livorno v Cagliari
Palermo v Napoli
Most Serene Republic of Genoa v Team Remus and Romulus
Juve v The Gentlemen of Verona

la viola game now on. :)
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 06:43:04 pm »
AVANTI LIVORNO

AVANTI B.A.L.

FINO ALL' ULTIMO BANDITO
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 08:17:54 pm »
Pato's just scored the first goal of the season.
hi

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 08:28:16 pm »
Pato nets for Milan, 1-0

Interesting to see how Napoli get on this season. Some good players in Lavezzi, Hamisik, Quagliarella, etc. Luca Cigarini also looks a very good player, quite like a younger version of some guy who use to wear number 14 for us. Solid at the back as well so they could do well I reckon. Depends on Donadoni I suppose, and he has hardly pulled up any trees in his managerial career to date.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 08:31:17 pm by liverbnz »
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 08:30:21 pm »
Pato's just scored the first goal of the season.

That honour belongs to Pablo Osvaldo of Bologna.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline Spinney

• Kopite
  • Here we go again!
    • chris spinney
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 08:52:17 pm »
Pato with the second for Milan, lovely build up play from Ronaldinho and Flamini
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 08:55:18 pm by Spinney »

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 05:58:26 pm »
Hopefully people will see fairly soon Inter without Zlatan are what United are without Ronaldo.
hi

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 06:01:55 pm »
Watched the Siena v AC Milan match live last night, Siena who narrowly escaped relegation were host's to Milan in their first match of the new season. Some excellent play between Pato who scored a brace scoring in each half and that of Ronaldinho who showed some of his character's of old.  Siena subsequently levelled within five mins but was the 19 year old Pato who got his second in around the 48th minute to give Milan the three points.  Saying that Siena did themselves proud and pushed  Milan right till the final whistle when things got some what heated.  There was a few yellow's dished out in the game and in the dying stages one for Pato who seemed to rile a few Siena player's.  Things seemed to spill on after the final whistle with some pushing, shoving and finger wagging so would not be surprised if some explanations were  required by the powers that be.

All in all a good match which ended Siena 1 v AC Milan 2.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 06:18:45 pm »
Nice to see the ref give Inter the softest penalty, ever.

Massive fix.
hi

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 06:35:22 pm »
Bari equalise. More than deserved. They've been all over Inter since I turned it on.