Author Topic: The YOUTUBE thread.  (Read 1584091 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: The YOUTUBE thread.
« Reply #13240 on: December 12, 2023, 09:35:41 am »
Yeah signed in on Firefox (No VPN needed), it doesn't seem to work with adblock plus or anything like that, the one (I think) that works the best is uBlock Origin extension

Ok nice one I'll have a look at that.

From what I remember, if I'm logged into Google Chrome, but NOT logged into YouTube (ie; no account) then I *think* that I don't see ads - it's when you are logged into YouTube with a YouTube account that it insists that you adhere to their terms and conditions and demands you switch your ad-blocked off.

Just been playing with it - with no YouTube account and Ghostery is blocking all ads.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #13241 on: December 12, 2023, 09:37:11 am »
I switched from Chrome now to Firefox, much better and totally used to it after a few mins

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #13242 on: December 12, 2023, 10:21:26 am »
I switched from Chrome now to Firefox, much better and totally used to it after a few mins

Yeah so confirmed it - if you aren't logged onto Youtube and have an ad-blocker, you're good.

What kind of marketing decision is it to encourage people not to have an account :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #13243 on: April 8, 2024, 01:13:10 am »
Ok nice one I'll have a look at that.

From what I remember, if I'm logged into Google Chrome, but NOT logged into YouTube (ie; no account) then I *think* that I don't see ads - it's when you are logged into YouTube with a YouTube account that it insists that you adhere to their terms and conditions and demands you switch your ad-blocked off.

Just been playing with it - with no YouTube account and Ghostery is blocking all ads.

Did you get uBlock Origins Andy? I haven't seen an ad on anything in years with it.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13244 on: April 8, 2024, 09:29:31 am »
Smarttube is a God send for Android stuff, blocks all Youtube ads

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #13245 on: April 8, 2024, 11:21:32 am »
Did you get uBlock Origins Andy? I haven't seen an ad on anything in years with it.
I have uBlock and it's boss.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13246 on: April 23, 2024, 03:23:06 pm »
I dunno

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yuoFsi2iIi0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yuoFsi2iIi0</a>