Author Topic: PL: Sheff U 0 vs 2 Liverpool VVD 37’ Szoboszlai 90+5’  (Read 16880 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Sheff U 0 vs 2 Liverpool VVD 37’ Szoboszlai 90+5’
« Reply #320 on: December 6, 2023, 10:01:25 pm »
Good to get the win. Wasnt the best performance but still dominant.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: December 6, 2023, 10:02:04 pm »
Gomez isn't playing in his normal position it's not easy playing on your other foot, he'd be fine if he was at right back hopefully Tsimikas is back next game. Konate is more concerning at the moment, but hopefully he'll improve when he's back at it.

Yeah Konate is the bigger concern I agree, their players were going past him with ease and he gave it away constantly, he seemed so indecisive. It was the same in the previous game too, hopefully just a temporary thing as he has a good track record with us.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #322 on: December 6, 2023, 10:11:50 pm »
heh, City lost. Heh heh
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: December 6, 2023, 10:14:02 pm »
We controlled that game and it was just our own odd brain farts that gave them encouragement. Good performance.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: December 6, 2023, 10:14:41 pm »
the presenter took the piss about Jürgen not liking 12:30 kick offs, boss not happy, said "nice one making a joke out of it" or something like that. The interview ended shortly after, you could see that Jürgen was seething
Actually feel a bit bad for the guy there.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #325 on: December 6, 2023, 10:17:33 pm »
A 0-2, finally!
Boys, we're officially League contenders!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: December 6, 2023, 10:18:51 pm »
And even after the goals you're sat waiting to see if VAR will decide they were fouls.

The whole league is fucking bollocks these days.

This. Don’t bother celebrating now, just wait for the checks.  Fucking saps the life out of it.
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #327 on: December 6, 2023, 10:22:22 pm »
massive 3 points

doesnt matter how you get them in december , every win is vital

hopefully the forwards can score on saturday

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #328 on: December 6, 2023, 10:22:42 pm »
We controlled that game and it was just our own odd brain farts that gave them encouragement. Good performance.

Can’t be arsed doing it again but what was the average age of our team tonight.
Endo, Mo and Virg are 30+ That midfield is ridiculously young though.
Dom, Macca, Gakpo, Elliot, Jones all 23 or less. Add in Kelleher Nunes as well. Grav didn’t feature tonight
Relatively inexperienced despite the international status, and yet just off the top.
Jurgens young Reds.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #329 on: December 6, 2023, 10:22:50 pm »

Well perhaps be professional when you're doing an interview instead of trying to wind someone up. Don't get why he thought it was a good idea in the circumstances.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #330 on: December 6, 2023, 10:24:57 pm »
An awful watch, and a typical game following a sacked manager - is it just me, or are LFC world leaders in facing teams getting new-manager-bounce?

Anyway, they were not just trying to impress a new boss, but also smarting from a 5-0 drubbing last weekend. Consequently we had our rhythm constantly disrupted by fouls - some given as free kicks, but many not.

We were in truth superior, but we moved the ball far too slowly, and it didn’t help that the pitch appeared to have been saturated with water. So overall a game to forget, but 3 valuable points.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #331 on: December 6, 2023, 10:25:30 pm »
Endo is like something out of Robot Wars - love him.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #332 on: December 6, 2023, 10:27:43 pm »
Points on the board and all that but Christ, I would have loved to have seen a better performance after Sunday. Struggling to figure out if it’s just the intensity of the schedule since the City game but we had chances to rotate and rest. It all looks a bit sluggish and lacking conviction.

Delighted for the clean sheet for the defence and Kelleher. VVD, goal aside, was brilliant again. So reassuring to see these levels from him.

Salah needs that 200 goal asap. Feel like it’s gonna be a struggle for him until he gets it.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #333 on: December 6, 2023, 10:31:24 pm »
Well perhaps be professional when you're doing an interview instead of trying to wind someone up. Don't get why he thought it was a good idea in the circumstances.

Proper weird there attitude towards certain managers while they arse lick other ones never understand it me
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #334 on: December 6, 2023, 10:37:35 pm »
Thought Konate was crap.

But it turns out that….

First player to win 20+ duels in a single Premier League match over the last three seasons

• First player to win more than 12 aerial duels and maintain a 100% success rate in a single Premier League match since the start of the 2015/16 season
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #335 on: December 6, 2023, 10:37:42 pm »
The front 3 haven’t turned up the last two games and we have scored 6 goals, let’s not take this team for granted, albeit we will need to improve in the next few games. You can’t play well every week, up the  reds!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: December 6, 2023, 10:38:54 pm »
Thought Konate was crap.

But it turns out that….

Heresy! Irrespective of stats, thought he was brilliant today, that brain fart aside. Just hope he can stay fit with Matip now out.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: December 6, 2023, 10:41:09 pm »
Thought Konate was crap.

But it turns out that….

You should be thrown off RAWK Comms.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: December 6, 2023, 10:41:54 pm »
We won.  We are four points ahead of City.  Not perfect in our game but we did what we had to do.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: December 6, 2023, 10:47:23 pm »
You should be thrown off RAWK Comms.

And be made to wear a Dunce cap. I bet that's the kind of thing he does.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: December 6, 2023, 10:48:30 pm »
Horrible, dogged game interrupted by 2 moments of quality.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: December 6, 2023, 10:48:41 pm »

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: December 6, 2023, 10:50:07 pm »
Endo is like something out of Robot Wars - love him.

Mortis.
No time for caution.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: December 6, 2023, 10:53:13 pm »

Nah I think Klopp went a bit far there, in response to a very innocuous comment that didn't seem like an attempt at winding up or banter, it was more of a lighthearted conciliatory comment than anything else. JK saw it as someone trying to wind him up and responded as such, which is fine, but IMO he misread the comment.

Anyway, low key solid performance tonight. We said no excuses going into this one, but the change of manager always throws a bit of unpredictability into proceedings. It could've been a banana skin, especially given our disjointed attacking play, but we did what we needed to and picked up a big 3 points. Nice one lads.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #344 on: December 6, 2023, 10:54:19 pm »
Great result... being 4 pts ahead of City is a very good starting point.

With all due respect to Arsenal who have a tremendous team, but they're not super humanly backed by an Oil State like Manchester City were those years we challenged for the title. If we're good and it's them we have to fend off for the PL title, then i feel more positive about it than if it were M. City.
The change is cast

Offline touchlineban

• Main Stander
  • Nothing Personal
« Reply #345 on: December 6, 2023, 10:57:02 pm »
MoTM : Endo.  Honourable Mentions : VVD, Konate, Trent and Nunez (for the tackle and cross that got us our second goal).

Don't know why everyone is cry arsing about the performance, I didn't think it was that bad considering we'd played on Sunday afternoon.  Not only that, they'd played a day earlier, getting a new manager bounce and were at home.

Still, thought we were competent, not brillant and not shite either.  I'm expecting similar on Saturday, if not a little worse.

Just be glad of getting out of there with the three points... that's all that matters.

Three points on the pile.  Man Cheaty lost.

:)
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit posting."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #346 on: December 6, 2023, 10:58:15 pm »
Jurgen almost did a mic drop and told the bloke interviewing him that he disrespected him. It sort of went a bit quiet.

Interviewer tried to make a joke about early kick offs and Jurgen wasn't amused.

the presenter shat himself  ;D  Thought he was being clever trying to joke about 12.30 kickoffs, and Kloppo wasn’t having any of it.

Vid here:
https://x.com/navbasiTLW/status/1732520271809057013?s=20

Maybe Jase can find a non Twitter one!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: December 6, 2023, 10:59:54 pm »

Yes, hard fought but still good.
They were aggressive and did what they had to do.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #348 on: December 6, 2023, 11:04:42 pm »
Nah I think Klopp went a bit far there, in response to a very innocuous comment that didn't seem like an attempt at winding up or banter, it was more of a lighthearted conciliatory comment than anything else. JK saw it as someone trying to wind him up and responded as such, which is fine, but IMO he misread the comment.

Anyway, low key solid performance tonight. We said no excuses going into this one, but the change of manager always throws a bit of unpredictability into proceedings. It could've been a banana skin, especially given our disjointed attacking play, but we did what we needed to and picked up a big 3 points. Nice one lads.

Bollocks it is not his job to be clever like that. You could see he was frustrated so why anyone would think it was. a good time to try something like that, only he knows.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: December 6, 2023, 11:06:05 pm »
As horrid as expected.  3 points and no more serious injuries.  On to the next one. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #350 on: December 6, 2023, 11:09:44 pm »
Bollocks it is not his job to be clever like that. You could see he was frustrated so why anyone would think it was. a good time to try something like that, only he knows.

just another example of the media not actually knowing Klopp at all. He thought he’d be all jokey cos Liverpool won, but the reality is, the amount of 12.30 kickoffs LFC have in comparison to other teams is a huge frustration to him. He cares about his players first and foremost and they get too little recovery time. It just isn’t a joke.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: December 6, 2023, 11:09:44 pm »

the presenter shat himself  ;D  Thought he was being clever trying to joke about 12.30 kickoffs, and Kloppo wasn’t having any of it.

Vid here:
https://x.com/navbasiTLW/status/1732520271809057013?s=20

Maybe Jase can find a non Twitter one!

I never liked that presenter, Marcus, when he was doing the tennis; a smarmy character with absolutely nothing of any worth to say, about any sport.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: December 6, 2023, 11:10:07 pm »

I just don't think he was trying anything. It's like a colloquialism, an alternative way of saying "it's a 12.30 kick off, which I know is a tricky time". He wasn't trying to be clever or engage in banter, he was trying to be friendly. That's how it comes across to me, not how Klopp saw it obviously, but I think it's OK to disagree with the boss on things sometimes  :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: December 6, 2023, 11:12:41 pm »
I never liked that presenter, Marcus, when he was doing the tennis; a smarmy character with absolutely nothing of any worth to say, about any sport.

I associate him with awkward PremPlus service in the early/mid-2000s.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #354 on: December 6, 2023, 11:12:45 pm »
Pleased we’ve got a week off essentially before the Yernited game. Go big against Palace, get the three points and then get some rest. Be intrigued to see who starts. Imagine Diaz starts on the bench and Macca and Gomez drop out for Grav and Tsimi.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #355 on: December 6, 2023, 11:17:26 pm »
I dont think the bloke was trying to be clever, but Kloppo was very clever because he has now raised the issue without him getting in trouble. :wellin
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #356 on: December 6, 2023, 11:32:07 pm »
And even after the goals you're sat waiting to see if VAR will decide they were fouls.

The whole league is fucking bollocks these days.
Exactly.

Got to say though I'm bitterly disappointed with Amazon there. No originality. No empathy for Jugen or the players there. Was just utter dross all around, which actually contributed to the whole feeling about the game.

Move on to Palace now, but IF we are to win the league, then as frustrating as it is - and will continue to be - us fans have to forget about percieved shite performances, awful officiating, performance and stats. The only thing that matters now are points. How we get them is totally irrelevent and to waste time tryng to make sense of the complete shambles the league and all around it it just pointless. It'e the ends rather than the means now.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: December 6, 2023, 11:56:05 pm »
often find myself sympathising when various managers give people short shrift, but though this extremely polite telling off was well earned and Klopp did it well without seeming rude or petty.

I suspect a large part of why he decided to respond like he did was he had already had to face the assertion 'for entertainments sake' that the VVD goal should have been disallowed and having the amazon guy tee up the ex sheff utd clogger to say it was a snide gameplan to foul him. as we all know, we're usually the fairest team in the league and there's no way we're trying to commit a sly bit of gamesmanship for the goal (the gamesmanship was their guy rolling around faking injury while watching the play and looking for the ref).

Being accused, even if it was 'banter' (it wasn't), of cheating is going to grate. then having his view on 12.30 games (coming from a concern for player safety) being made light of on the same day that we've just lost a player to an achilles rupture was stupid at best and snide at worst (I don't thnk it was snide, the guy sincerely just made a stupid mistake, he's not some snide insincere scumbag like Jake Humphrey on BT)

"football is entertainment... and I understand.." - absolutely levelled the guy while keeping his cool and getting his firm but polite disagreement across
« Last Edit: December 6, 2023, 11:58:45 pm by classycarra »

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: December 7, 2023, 12:08:32 am »
Nice to get the win only result we should really be kicking ourselves is Luton away. Should be level top but let’s kick on, win v Palace please lads

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: December 7, 2023, 12:09:07 am »
Was that on BT sport or whatever its called now? They think it's funny that they can make us play at 12.30 every other week.