Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by decosabute on Today at 08:01:24 pm »
Why does it matter so much. Salah is probably off Klopp is off. I often had big rows with my best friend when playing football  if we didn't pass it to each other. Still best friends. The ones worried are you guys in Rawk. The seasons over anyway. Better to turn your dire on anthony taylor a true arse.

I'm not worried - it has no effect on our season, the remainder of which is now completely meaningless.. I'm just really disappointed. I've gone from wondering if we should sell Mo to actively wanting us to get a few quid and show him the door.
Is Hull's #15 our young Morton?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by jepovic on Today at 08:01:15 pm »
I think we should sell him if a good enough bid comes in. Not because of the little drama today, but because I think we need fresh legs and fresh minds going forward.
He could be a good player with managed minutes and a less prominent role, but I dont think he will deal with that in a good way.
General Football and Sport / Re: Skybet Championship Thread
« Last post by duvva 💅 on Today at 07:59:48 pm »
Nice touch by the Hull captain wearing ear defenders along with his mascot
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 07:59:46 pm »
That is incredibly funny. The piece complains about his lack of xG. Yet he has turned into an xG monster. It complains about his passing his pass completion this season is 72.5%. It complains about his chance creation when he is in the 97th percentile for assists.

It is as if he has never seen an old fashioned 9 whose job it was at Benfica to not get involved in the play and finish chances off. I wonder what he would think of Haaland.
Still a great player, just off form. It happens with strikers. Plenty of people questioned Mane, Salah and Firmino at various points in their Liverpool careers, they bounced back and so will Darwin.

He’s only now coming to the age when we signed those three so of course he’s more raw than what we’ve seen previously, but the skies the limit for his potential. Anyone writing him or his Liverpool career off now is a fool.

Luckily we have great options up top and we can switch him out, which will help him now and in the future. His game has come on already since joining and he’ll continue improving. I still think he’s going to go up a level or two in the next year or so. Like with many player’s people are quick to judge, but that can often lead to a player being discarded too soon. He’s not entered his peak yet, that will be a joy to behold.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by DLF on Today at 07:58:25 pm »
Welcome Arne.
Serious question though. How does he deal with low block teams (bulk of the teams we face) ?. I know he is very flexible tactically but how does he deal with teams who stay deep defensively?
He twats them 8).
Media and Arts / Re: 2024 in Music
« Last post by Nick110581 on Today at 07:58:10 pm »
The new Fat White Family album, Forgiveness Is Yours, is out today and it is FANTASTIC!

I went to the album launch gig at Rough Trade East last night. I go to a few of these things and they're usually quite low-key events - the band comes on around 8pm, plays for about 30-40 minutes at most and then people queue to get their album signed. They're mainly a way to support the band - entry is the price of buying the album, the live performance and getting it signed is a bonus. I like them because I can pop along there after work, see a band I like and still be home at a reasonable time.

Last night was more like a proper gig. First they had a support band - an absolutely bonkers avant-garde act called Secluded Bronte, three middle-aged men who make a lot of noise eg by playing a fork with a violin bow. They were absolutely brilliant. I recommend checking them out on YouTube, though the videos don't really convey the live experience.

Then FWF came on... I've not seen them before but they have a reputation for being great live performers. And they completely lived up to it. They are superb, and Lias is an awesome frontman. He came down off the stage a couple of times to mingle with the crowd - got a bit raucous the second time. Loved it.

They played a mix of old favourites and new stuff from the album. There's a track called John Lennon which was an instant hit for me. It's super funky and has great lyrics.

Work is another standout track.

Anyway, they played for nearly an hour and finished quite late, so I didn't get home until nearly 1am. On the plus side, that meant I was able to listen to the album on the way home last night when it became available to download at midnight. I've already listened to it through a few times. Yeah, I can confirm that John Lennon is a superb tune.

It's all good though. All their previous albums have had a few great tracks but tend to be a bit patchy overall. This one already feels like their most consistently excellent album yet.

Pretty certain this is going to be on my end-of-year favourites list.

Got tickets to see FWF again at the Troxy in June. That's going to be something else.

Sounds amazing - assume it was full band?

They did a stripped back instore in Resident in Brighton and my mate said it didn't really work. I have seen Michael Head and Gruff Rhys solo this year and they worked brilliantly but they have the set up wrong as racks still up and no real stage.

The new album sounds superb though.
General Football and Sport / Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Last post by duvva 💅 on Today at 07:56:42 pm »
Hopefully he has a shit season next season and we do really well. Show him what he's missing. He will no doubt end up at Madrid with all the other mercenaries though
Ideally he gets Madrid out the way first. If he is to be our manager one day we don’t want the possibility of him going there hanging over us the whole time

Will be a tough gig getting him out of Man City or Madrid.
I’d like to think City aren’t high on his agenda
I think what WAP means if Taylor doesn't blow, they couldn't disallow it. Taylor knew this, so he's blown the whistle to ensure the goal could not stand. He's a fucking cheat

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10