Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
It's honestly mind blowing how stupid his actions last week were. It was only ever going to end this way once he did it. Rumour is it was Stephen Flynn's idea..... he's not stupid so assume this was political games from him.

Has the widely known nickname of Humza Useless. SNP in chaos and has been losing credibility for quite a while now with Labour likely be the party to benefit from this.

Seemed a good idea to consolidate all the discussion into a single thread as policy details emerge. It's hopefully great news for the country as a whole, especially given the number of franchises being operated by the government right now anyway.

But this isn't going to be an overnight thing like the original rail nationalisation. It's going to take years just to secure the franchises. Rolling stock is a pipe dream given the shambles of the country's finances.

But this is one long term project we can all get behind!
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Jon2lfc on Today at 01:14:10 pm »
My take is simple, I love Mo, I respect what he has done for this club and he is a legend.

Legends are still held to a standard of behaviour, that goes for him, Klopp and anyone associated with the club. That open disrespectful behaviour was not ok, after Klopp cooled it with the post match interview, he again was still kicking off when he walked past... he is being petulant, this is not ok.

The manager is the boss of the team, he has tough calls to make but I always say the best way to answer the manager if he drops you, or tells you to go prove yourself no matter how many goals you've scored, you go out there and put in a performance to make him regret dropping you, or whatever.

This is very poor from Mo and he deserves to be disciplined for it. Really disappointing. Don't like players thinking they are bigger than the manager or too big/legend status to get away with this behaviour.
Nicely written and apparently balanced.

However, everyone's view is ultimately coloured somewhat by their emotional ties to others.
For example, if the manager in question was Hodgson and Gerrard had 'chatted back to him' on the touchline, I don't think anyone would be supporting our former manager in that scenario.

And real life teaches you that regardless of theory, in practice everyone has a breaking point.
It's all very well saying things like "no player is bigger than the club" and "manager's must always be respected" but there are exceptions to these statements.
And it looks quite apparent that both Jurgen and Salah (two of our favourite LFC personalities) just reached their respective breaking points and what happened happened. Nothing else to it. Because they both usually carry themselves in such good ways.
That's why we love them both.

And that's why I will continue to love them both.
I want to finish next season absolutely convinced the experiment is working, theres a long term project happening and we’re on course to have a good challenge the season after. That still holds for me even if we’re just outside the CL spots.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: ST renewals
« Last post by Craig S on Today at 01:13:37 pm »
Quick one. If a season ticket holder with full history for all cups doesn't select for the autocup when renewing their season ticket, will they be given another opportunity to go for the autocup at another stage so they can sit with mates elsewhere in ground?  Cheers.

There is a guaranteed enrolment period for ST (with required credits). See below. This is usually before members with same criteria. So if you are moving with mates with ST, then should be fine. With members it is trickier, as they are usually the next window.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/seasonticketrenewals/auto-cup-scheme
Taylor has been a referee since 2002, when he was 23, so I don't buy all these "incompetence" excuses for him. Unless he's suffered severe cognitive decline recently.

22 years' experience in the same job can also be the equivalent of 1 year's experience, only repeated 11 times.
The Boozer / Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Last post by red_Mark1980 on Today at 01:12:46 pm »
Cheers!

The FCO has suggested restrictions on travel to parts of the country it seems. Not sure how I feel about it now I’ve read that!

That's the southern islands.. Manila and Boracay are not close
« Last post by NickoH on Today at 01:12:27 pm »
Joyce says Hughes will be working on a contract extension.

Brilliant news!!

Despite his recent run of poor form, he's still our poster boy, our biggest worldwide star by far. Why wouldn't we want to keep him.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: New Kit thread
« Last post by Lisan Al Gaib on Today at 01:12:12 pm »
Nike's design department are clearly burnt out and jaded too. That's the kind of thing you come up with when you've run out of ideas. The collar, cut off at the collar bones is plain ugly. The whole thing looks messy and cheap. Thing is, it'll cost over a hundred quid. I suppose this is what happens when you have to reinvent a shirt every single season. There's only so many decent variations before you have to start clutching at straws and getting creative a bit silly. There's more important things in life to concern ourselves with, of course, but it's still an awful attempt if you're a highly paid sportswear designer.

I thought Nike presented a template of options and the manager/captain got the final say?
« Last post by DelTrotter on Today at 01:12:00 pm »
Joyce says Hughes will be working on a contract extension.

Brilliant news!!

Let's see if he's willing to accept a wage reduction first, highly unlikely.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10