Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1413781 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #4640 on: February 5, 2019, 02:36:13 am »
They wont beat Chelsea. Fat Gonzalo has a taste for goals, City wont know whats hit them. Besides, we ought to cross that bridge when we get to it.

True. We can't take anything for granted, not even Bournemouth at Anfield. But I'm not placing too much hope in a side that's lost its last two away games 2-0 to Arsenal and 4-0 to Bournemouth.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4641 on: February 5, 2019, 02:57:51 am »
Did it really help us that much last season though? We were running on fumes near the end and had numerous injury problems that ultimately cost us in the end. We did finish ahead of Chelsea in 4th but I remember some underwhelming draws in there as we had prioritized the CL. These Dubai trips just seem to be of no benefit either in the sort run or the long run.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4642 on: February 5, 2019, 03:04:41 am »
Everton will spread their cheeks against City. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4643 on: February 5, 2019, 03:11:09 am »
A week is a long time in football. A month is an eternity when you chase titles.

Man City have a very tough run ahead of them for the rest of February, whereas we have just 4. That will give us a bit of breathing space for some injured players to come back into the fold. The extra games could also see them have a few lacklustre performances. Spurs don't exactly have it easy either.

The most important thing for us is to return to winning ways as soon as possible, and start putting together a string of results. When we do that, the confidence will come flowing back and we'll be much better off. It is also absolutely vital that we don't have too many more injuries as we are already thin on the ground.

Cant reiterate enough what I said at the beginning of January - when it is this close for the title race, there's no point in looking at the table until the end of March where there will only be 5-6 games left. Man City for their part are playing their mind games with Walker, then Sterling on social media. Guardiola also did it not so subtly in his presser when he said that after the Newcastle result LFC were 7 ahead, now the gap is 2. He was, of course, incorrect, after the Newcastle result the gap was 4, and we then made it 5 by drawing to Leicester.

Nice of him to try to insinuate that we are just expected to win games and the media follow that narrative sometimes. I don't think anyone is expected to win game after game after game. Even Man City with all their billions have lost 4 times this season, and failed to secure 3 points 6 times. If anything, the narrative should be that Man City should be expected to coast easily and win every game comfortably given that they have spent $500m on players in 3 seasons (compared to our $350m). Even more remarkable if you consider that their net spend has been more than our total spend, and our net spend over 3 seasons is still just slightly more than what they spent at the beginning of this season (which was their most frugal to date). Don't understand why the media don't play that up so much. It's amazing that any other teams get close to them at all, and remarkable what both us and Spurs have been able to do despite not having the same financial footing.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #4644 on: February 5, 2019, 03:19:39 am »
Did it really help us that much last season though? We were running on fumes near the end and had numerous injury problems that ultimately cost us in the end. We did finish ahead of Chelsea in 4th but I remember some underwhelming draws in there as we had prioritized the CL. These Dubai trips just seem to be of no benefit either in the sort run or the long run.

The Dubai trip was more about bonding and just getting away from it all rather than training. I do agree though it hasn’t helped.

I think a few things have happened. The loss of Gomez has hit us hard. His pace allowed us to get to a lot balls and VVD loved playing with him. The injury to TAA. Never want to heap so much pressure on a young player but we just look so much better when he’s in the team. Injuries are part of the game but the truth is that the replacements just haven’t been good enough in those positions. Then the other little injuries that keep cropping up. I don’t think VVD has looked the same since getting sick. Whatever the virus was seems to have taken a lot out of him. Hopefully he can get the sharpness back soon. In his post match interview today you can see that Milner was sick too, just by hearing his voice. It’s not easy to play feeling ill.

I’m convinced that if we at least get TAA, Hendo and Gini back we’ll be much better on Saturday. Also, I’ve never been a huge fan of his but Lovren is just a better defender than Matip. He’s also much much better in the air than Matip. Again having Lovren back will help.
YWNA

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4645 on: February 5, 2019, 04:13:56 am »
Wonder how the Bayern tie will affect us in the league. On the face of it, slugging it out twice with one of the best teams in the world is maybe not ideal, but then on the flip side, winning that tie would be a massive boost in confidence and could put some extra wind in our sails.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #4646 on: February 5, 2019, 04:27:42 am »
Meh, this is gonna be fucking close...
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4647 on: February 5, 2019, 04:48:15 am »
Still a few twists and turns left in this race. I expect the lead to change several times between now and the end of the season. Ideally we’d have kept winning and coasted home, but it rarely works out like that.

The crucial thing now is to not let this mini-slump take hold. It’s time to snap out of it with a good win against Bournemouth. Man City will do what they do - in all likelihood beat Everton, then maybe drop points against Chelsea or maybe keep winning, it’s hard to say. We can’t control what they do anyway.

We can control what we do. We’ve allowed the jitters to take hold and it’s been flat since Dubai. Time to wake up and make it count.

YNWA

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4648 on: February 5, 2019, 05:03:45 am »

I don't think we'd do it any other way. If we do end up winning this title, it'll probably be something like the way City did it in 2012.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4649 on: February 5, 2019, 05:04:44 am »

Close? We have to play 13 more games, that's 39 points. Everything could happen. If we continue with this bad form, we will find ourselves in a situation fighting for the top4.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline anoopvk

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4650 on: February 5, 2019, 05:19:39 am »
Close? We have to play 13 more games, that's 39 points. Everything could happen. If we continue with this bad form, we will find ourselves in a situation fighting for the top4.

Think we will finish comfortably by 3rd at least . It is not going to be a top 4 crisis season unless Salah and Allison gets injured.
"We must turn from doubters to believers"

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4651 on: February 5, 2019, 05:28:01 am »
City back as slight favourites now, so the pressure is back on them.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4652 on: February 5, 2019, 05:32:36 am »
Just as well. We had our best run of form when we were chasing them and the pressure wasn't as intense as it was now. We maintained it to some extent after they lost a few times in late December, but since the turn of the new year we've really made a mess of things. Having them as favorites will probably suit us better.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4653 on: February 5, 2019, 05:35:14 am »
They're still chasing us though.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4654 on: February 5, 2019, 05:39:28 am »
They're still chasing us though.

I was obviously talking about the betting chart you had posted where it shows that they've gone back to being slight favorites. It might suit us.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4655 on: February 5, 2019, 05:53:31 am »
Let people talk City up. Spurs even. Perhaps it'll help us in the long run.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4656 on: February 5, 2019, 07:17:37 am »
Look, we're still top, not the end of the world. In saying that, I'm not buying this "Well if you had said at the start of the season.." nonsense. Yeah and if you had said last Wednesday morning we would more than likely be 2nd place a week later. Works both ways.

Fact of the matter is we have made an absolute mess of this week. These are title deciding moments we have thrown on more than one occasion now. All we needed to do was draw to City and we would have been 7 clear and 2 less points for them (granted we were a little unfortunate and no shame in losing to what I think are still a better team). This last week was criminal. A seasoned title winning team would have taken that chance. We all know it.

Anyway, its only February and its far from over. We are still ahead. We need to hold our arses though, or it'll be us chasing City in no time. I think Gomez out is massive. We look shaky defensively these days. Something Klopp will need to address. Our forwards aren't on their A game either. If we are to have any chance, we need them firing. We have been very unlucky with injuries of late. Hopefully now we can move on without another mass injury crisis.

We can still do this. Klopp just needs to give the players heads a wobble. We as fans need to relax a bit too. I don't think anyone in the club from the fans to the players are handling the favourites/leaders tag well, if Im honest. I'm as guilty as anyone. And who can blame us, with a fair proportion of the fan base having never seen their team win the league. After this weeks ordeal, even though we lead, City are now favourites in most peoples eyes I would think. Everyone expects us to fail again. Might do us the world of good that.

I still think City will drop points somewhere before the week is out. Up to us to do our part against Bournemouth. As much as I would take a 1-0 right now, if there ever was a time we could do with a 4 or 5-0, its now.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4657 on: February 5, 2019, 07:19:29 am »
Inevitable change to the thread title on Wednesday.  :)

Only til Saturday
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4658 on: February 5, 2019, 07:20:52 am »
This is our little blip and we need to make sure it's only a couple of games and not the month long blips it used to be.

Roll on Saturdays, onwards and upwards
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #4659 on: February 5, 2019, 07:34:52 am »
Look, we're still top, not the end of the world. In saying that, I'm not buying this "Well if you had said at the start of the season.." nonsense. Yeah and if you had said last Wednesday morning we would more than likely be 2nd place a week later. Works both ways.

Fact of the matter is we have made an absolute mess of this week. These are title deciding moments we have thrown on more than one occasion now. All we needed to do was draw to City and we would have been 7 clear and 2 less points for them (granted we were a little unfortunate and no shame in losing to what I think are still a better team). This last week was criminal. A seasoned title winning team would have taken that chance. We all know it.

Anyway, its only February and its far from over. We are still ahead. We need to hold our arses though, or it'll be us chasing City in no time. I think Gomez out is massive. We look shaky defensively these days. Something Klopp will need to address. Our forwards aren't on their A game either. If we are to have any chance, we need them firing. We have been very unlucky with injuries of late. Hopefully now we can move on without another mass injury crisis.

We can still do this. Klopp just needs to give the players heads a wobble. We as fans need to relax a bit too. I don't think anyone in the club from the fans to the players are handling the favourites/leaders tag well, if Im honest. I'm as guilty as anyone. And who can blame us, with a fair proportion of the fan base having never seen their team win the league. After this weeks ordeal, even though we lead, City are now favourites in most peoples eyes I would think. Everyone expects us to fail again. Might do us the world of good that.

I still think City will drop points somewhere before the week is out. Up to us to do our part against Bournemouth. As much as I would take a 1-0 right now, if there ever was a time we could do with a 4 or 5-0, its now.

I think 'all we had to do was draw City' is pushing it. You make that sound like a piece of piss. This is a team that secured a 100 points last season.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #4660 on: February 5, 2019, 07:36:29 am »
Definitely agree with that. We're 3 points ahead and we're coming off our worst month of the season. We're not playing to our full ability at the moment, which is disappointing, but it's also an opportunity.

Getting a bit sick of all the fans losing their marbles. I know people think it doesn't affect the players but it 100% does. Obviously they're not on the forums but the fans are, the fans that tweet at them, that attend the matches, etc.

I know it's been a long wait and people are nervous. Klopp often says that the players need to be fearless, well so do the supporters. It's pretty lame and a cliche but it's only during the rough patches where getting behind the players actually makes a difference. When they're on form they don't need it.
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #4661 on: February 5, 2019, 07:38:29 am »
Get behind the boys ! They will need us to carry us through the rough patch

If we were offered this position at the start of the season blah blah

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #4662 on: February 5, 2019, 07:39:48 am »
Theres pressure on city too and it needs airing

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4663 on: February 5, 2019, 07:40:44 am »
I think 'all we had to do was draw City' is pushing it. You make that sound like a piece of piss. This is a team that secured a 100 points last season.

As I said, no shame in it, as I still think they are superior to us over all. In saying that, I do think a more seasoned team would have got the draw, say if the roles were reversed.

Anyway, that seems like months and months ago, no point thinking about that now. Need to get 3 points against Bournemouth.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4664 on: February 5, 2019, 07:45:35 am »
Wonder how the Bayern tie will affect us in the league. On the face of it, slugging it out twice with one of the best teams in the world is maybe not ideal, but then on the flip side, winning that tie would be a massive boost in confidence and could put some extra wind in our sails.

Once Bournemouth have been played, we have a good ten days of preperation I actually think playing twice will help us. The CL will raise the bar even more on the season, we will be able to regain our rhythm as we will be back to playing two matches, on a regular basis. I actually think to an extent we have missed that, everything is a balance. The cup competitions were always going to be a bit of a challenge, but at the same time you need to keep playing. Now should we get a good result in the CL it will hopefully give us a second spurt forward in the league as well. At least we have time to prepare for it once Saturday is out of the way.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #4665 on: February 5, 2019, 07:48:48 am »
We need to take stock of the fact that we are above one of the best teams in football who are presently behind US on points.      What does that say about us who havnt got going yet in comparison to last season ?
Let them worry about us
Get back to basics and go out with INTENTION to blow teams away
If the team is weakened at the back, strengthen where you can
Midfield and up top...outgun them and go for goals ..its what we can do
Right now i feel we are taking away from what we do best
Lets blow them away

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #4666 on: February 5, 2019, 07:51:25 am »
Posted this in WHU thread but meant for here.

This is a unique season in so far that any loss of points is deemed disastrous. In last six we have won three , drawn two and lost one which isn't by any stretch terrible but perceived as such in the narrative if this season , that is we can never afford to lose a point and must aim to have a massive gap...simply because our desire and inexperiance creates so much stress we wanted a 10 point gap to breath. Well winning the league has never worked like that, it's a battle and to be honest we as a fan base ( inc arl arses) have forgotten how to win the league and what it takes mentally.

Our recent performances are of greater concern than lost points and this has arisen in my view to the disruption in midfield rather than defence , all the result of injuries. That midfield last night had never played together and looked like it. Another factor ( often ignored) that past four teams have defended deep and played very well at it ..in fact the past four results could have been worse.

Last night was like lancing a boil for me..I was getting consumed by thoughts of 9 or 10 point lead and stressed because of it..so the draw to Leicster felt like a defeat...which is stupid. So now I know it's gonna be a battle and be very close. The key issue for us is getting a settled team without need to change 3 or more players/positions every game.

So, buckle up there is a wild ride head and if you do need comfort have a quick look at the league table and ask yourself if you got told in Nov we would be 3 points clear only lost one by Feb you wouldnt be down like you are now.

One game at a time.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2019, 08:39:26 am by FlashingBlade »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4667 on: February 5, 2019, 08:07:29 am »
We’ll need to expect every side to play like the last two games. They’re all desperate to stop us, we’ve painted that target on our own back and now have to deal with that. If we can’t, very quickly, then we won’t get to the end of the season in a position where we can win the league.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4668 on: February 5, 2019, 08:10:33 am »
We’ll need to expect every side to play like the last two games. They’re all desperate to stop us, we’ve painted that target on our own back and now have to deal with that. If we can’t, very quickly, then we won’t get to the end of the season in a position where we can win the league.

It wasn’t as though Leicester or West Ham played that well in my opinion. They were both alright but nothing more.

We were ultimately poor but got two points. City got beat from Palace and Leicester after taking lead.

We are still top in need of a shot in the arm at weekend.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2019, 08:12:15 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4669 on: February 5, 2019, 08:21:46 am »
I was obviously talking about the betting chart you had posted where it shows that they've gone back to being slight favorites. It might suit us.

Of course, because our form and belief is based on the odds at the bookies. What the hell has that got to do with anything?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #4670 on: February 5, 2019, 08:24:52 am »
Of course, because our form and belief is based on the odds at the bookies. What the hell has that got to do with anything?

Spot on!! :thumbup

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4671 on: February 5, 2019, 08:25:32 am »
Still top. Refocus and go again.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #4672 on: February 5, 2019, 08:41:20 am »
We have done brilliant so far to just lose one game and draw just a few. Problem is City have a much stronger squad even though they are still in 4 competitions they may still cope with that.
Their midfield is so much better than ours, we have been reliant on our forwards and our much improved defence.
Now we have injuries that is being tested and we don't have the same level of creativity they have.

Chances are City go top tomorrow and Bournemouth really is a must win now, United away next will be very difficult also.

We have still done incredibly well, but the standard to win the league or even just get in front of City is so high, and difficult to maintain over the season.

Since we lost to City and Wolves we haven't really performed to the same level, need to get ourselves back on track at the weekend and start to build some of that confidence again, hopefully we may
have a few players back.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2019, 08:43:35 am by Frank Becton »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4673 on: February 5, 2019, 08:42:04 am »

Sod all to do with the bookies. Perhaps a lot to do with expectation though. I agree. having the favourite tags removed will probably do us good. People now expect us to fuck it up. Rival fans, the media and just about everyone were shitting it a week ago. They thought we had it won. Now they fully expect us to fuck it up. As does anyone who isn't involved with the club (for the most part). I think that will benefit us.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4674 on: February 5, 2019, 09:00:48 am »
Sod all to do with the bookies. Perhaps a lot to do with expectation though. I agree. having the favourite tags removed will probably do us good. People now expect us to fuck it up. Rival fans, the media and just about everyone were shitting it a week ago. They thought we had it won. Now they fully expect us to fuck it up. As does anyone who isn't involved with the club (for the most part). I think that will benefit us.

Is it to do with the bookies or not?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4675 on: February 5, 2019, 09:00:54 am »
Main result of past month is City's defeat at Newcastle not our draws....but guess media will be all over us..look there they are fucking it up top of the league by three points..the 'must have big points gap' narrative has fucked everyone not just Liverpool fans media too
« Last Edit: February 5, 2019, 09:02:56 am by FlashingBlade »

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4676 on: February 5, 2019, 09:01:37 am »
Think what these last two games have done is just serve up a reminder that we are still in the middle block of the season where we just need to maintain our position as best as possible and not look further than that.

For me I let myself get carried away after City lost to Newcastle and my head was spinning with the idea that we could kill their belief with a few wins before the CL starts up again.

We didn't. But that's just one battle. Its not going to define the season unless we let it...

We're still ahead and we do just have to maybe scrape a few wins and a bit of form back so that we can set ourselves up well for the run-in. The business end of the season hasn't started yet and the lads will need to be at their best but I am hoping that this "dip" is just that. A dip.

This team will rally again, we know they have it in them and the sooner as much of the first 11 is fit as possible and playing regularly the better. The form will get better and so will we
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4677 on: February 5, 2019, 09:15:24 am »
Is it to do with the bookies or not?

No. Its to do with everyone. Media, pundits, our own fans, rival fans... everyone. Suppose it is to do with the bookies in that sense. So yeah, it is. We didnt handle the favourite/leaders tag well. We are better off being the under dogs.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2019, 09:17:25 am by deano2727 »

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4678 on: February 5, 2019, 09:17:14 am »
Main result of past month is City's defeat at Newcastle not our draws....but guess media will be all over us..look there they are fucking it up top of the league by three points..the 'must have big points gap' narrative has fucked everyone not just Liverpool fans media too

The narrative is already written. Sky gobshites last night referred to "Manchester City's relentless pursuit." A relentless pursuit that has seen them gain a point over us

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4679 on: February 5, 2019, 09:19:56 am »
I think the term ' you wouldn't want them in the trenches' was specifically designed to apply to a large chunk of Liverpools fan base following the past two results.