Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 2nd - 4th March  (Read 24057 times)

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
Re: Premier League Fixtures 2nd - 4th March
« Reply #1320 on: March 4, 2024, 09:46:45 pm »
Tough to say as some of Brazil’s team are now dead.

Rivelino would wish he was once he realised he’d be up against Declan Rice

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1321 on: March 4, 2024, 09:46:47 pm »
Probably based on what Arsenal did last season and what Arsenal always do. When the going gets tough towards the end, they don't have the balls.

They went toe to toe with Man City and only lost the league with five points. If losing the league to this modern version of Man City is "bottling" then we're the biggest bottlers. You'd think Liverpool supporters would be more understandable after everything we went through. I don't know why some are dismissing Arsenal so easily.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 09:52:58 pm by In the Name of Klopp »
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: March 4, 2024, 09:46:55 pm »
Yet there'll be those who argue that allows them to refocus solely on the league.

I agree though, they're due a humbling in Europe to pop their balloon, and Porto feels like it could provide.

Arteta might implode if that happens. After the first leg, he accused Porto of timewasting, obviously without any irony.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: March 4, 2024, 09:47:00 pm »
Yet they have a better record than us and City at playing the big teams this year. Including beating us.

0 Champions leagues, hardly any cups the last few years a few good results this season does not make them a big match side. They will finish 3rd because that's what they are, the 3rd best side in the league.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1324 on: March 4, 2024, 09:47:21 pm »
Arsenal will collapse once Porto kicks them out of the CL
Better for us if they stay in to be honest.

This and the Arse thread will go from one extreme to the other, over praising to downright dismissing them. Credit where it’s due they’re very much the form team in terms of scores and performances but let’s wait and see when they face tougher tests. The league is there to be won for Us, City and Arse.. Feel like there’ll be a few twists and turns to come yet.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1325 on: March 4, 2024, 09:47:25 pm »
We want them to have more games.
Why? To tire them out and hope for injuries? Nah, I think they have suspect mentality when it comes to small setbacks.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: March 4, 2024, 09:47:48 pm »
Arsenal will collapse once Porto kicks them out of the CL

Would be better if they go through and get City in the next round. Two mentally and physically draining games against each other in the champions league would be very beneficial for us.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1327 on: March 4, 2024, 09:48:41 pm »
Why? To tire them out and hope for injuries? Nah, I think they have suspect mentality when it comes to small setbacks.

They failed last year when they didn't have Europe. Give them two matches against a Madrid or City and it benefits us.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1328 on: March 4, 2024, 09:49:23 pm »
Arteta might implode if that happens. After the first leg, he accused Porto of timewasting, obviously without any irony.
Exactly, his ego will suffer and that'll cascade down into the team. We've seen how highly strung he is, just like his mentor Guardiola.

A reality check from Porto will have serious consequences IMO.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 09:51:06 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1329 on: March 4, 2024, 09:49:28 pm »
Indeed so that's more than Arsenal so far, they'll have to buck the trend to win anything. Though if they are as amazing as you say I'm sure they'll be doing that very comfortably.

Laughable ;D

Our record against the 'traditional big 6' sides absolutely sucks this season, 7 points from 7 games. Arsenal have 12 from 6.

I think we're better and we'll finish ahead of them. But the shit people come out with to try and discredit Arsenal is absolutely bonkers.

:D

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1330 on: March 4, 2024, 09:50:45 pm »
Would be better if they go through and get City in the next round. Two mentally and physically draining games against each other in the champions league would be very beneficial for us.
They crumbled last season when they were playing one game a week.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: March 4, 2024, 09:51:19 pm »
Laughable ;D

Our record against the 'traditional big 6' sides absolutely sucks this season, 7 points from 7 games. Arsenal have 12 from 6.

I think we're better and we'll finish ahead of them. But the shit people come out with to try and discredit Arsenal is absolutely bonkers.

Huh? I've said they are gonna have to win some big aways if they want to win the league, that's a fact, how the hell are you getting upset about that, precious?

A Liverpool "supporter" constantly hammering his own team to wank over another is truly bizarre.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1332 on: March 4, 2024, 09:51:31 pm »

And we couldn't get top 4 last season.

See how that works, yeah it doesn't.;D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1333 on: March 4, 2024, 09:51:44 pm »
Laughable ;D

Yet they lost Fulham and Newcastle.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: March 4, 2024, 09:51:51 pm »
Laughable ;D

Maybe because they've played more at home?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: March 4, 2024, 09:52:44 pm »

And? Doesn’t mean it will be the same this season.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: March 4, 2024, 09:52:49 pm »
And we couldn't get top 4 last season.

See how that works, yeah it doesn't.;D
We had a bad season.  They had a good one yet they crumbled.  The gap was laughable at the end given where they were.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #1337 on: March 4, 2024, 09:52:59 pm »
Laughable ;D

We may as well give up now

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: March 4, 2024, 09:53:11 pm »
Did Martinelli get much of a knock or was it just precaution taking him off?

*Straws nearby, waiting to be clutched*

He will be fine, he was acting like a fanny all game.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: March 4, 2024, 09:53:44 pm »
And? Doesn’t mean it will be the same this season.
You become a winner by winning. Until they win something , they'll always be likely to bottle it

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: March 4, 2024, 09:55:38 pm »
If you're already at your absolute peak yet still behind a temporarily handicapped opponent who's about to flick the nitro switch, it's not a great position no matter how you reframe it.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: March 4, 2024, 09:55:43 pm »
When they have no big mid week games until the end of the season? Yeah that'll work in our favour.

I think them going out could kettle their head a bit as well. If it wasn't for the international break coming up, I think would it would be a is a win win.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: March 4, 2024, 09:57:22 pm »
That was very special to be fair, credit where it's due, don't see Sheff Utd hammered at home very often at all.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1343 on: March 4, 2024, 09:57:37 pm »
Yet they lost Fulham and Newcastle.

The narrative in this thread is about their performance in so called big games.

They have 7 points from 3 games against us and City, us or City wont be able to better that after playing home and away.

For some reason, pointing these basic facts out means surrendering the league or calling Arsenal the best thing since sliced bread. Even if you declare "we're better and we'll finish ahead of them".

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1344 on: March 4, 2024, 09:59:35 pm »

They have 7 points from 3 games against us and City, us or City wont be able to better that after playing home and away.

For some reason, pointing these basic facts out means surrendering the league or calling Arsenal the best thing since sliced bread. Even if you declare "we're better and we'll finish ahead of them".

You keep changing the narrative to suit your argument.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: March 4, 2024, 10:00:33 pm »
They went from 69 to 84 points, I love how people frame this as some sort of bottle job. :lmao

Teams get better and Arsenal have got better this year. Anything before Arteta is irrelevant just like everything before Klopp was.

Not all teams can go from 75 to 97 like we did, that was unheard of.

There's no 'narratives'. It's opinions. My opinion is that, as they do most seasons, Arsenal will fall short in the big matches. They won't beat City or Spurs away since, in my view, they don't have the balls to do so.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: March 4, 2024, 10:00:55 pm »
At what score do we concede the title? 8? 9? ::)
Phew. Thank god, we're still in it.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #1347 on: March 4, 2024, 10:01:59 pm »
*checks table*

Still top

*Checks again*

Arsenal still third

*Checks underwear*

Still dry

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: March 4, 2024, 10:04:25 pm »
Arsenal basically has to win out. They can drop points in one match. Maybe, but probably not and still have to hope we drop points some where.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: March 4, 2024, 10:05:57 pm »
martinelli limping off  ;D

did he walk normally when he crossed the sideline? that's a monumental move.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1350 on: March 4, 2024, 10:08:16 pm »
They’ve gone a mad scoring run which is impressive; even if against all shite bar West Ham (who were in bad form). And in that time they haven’t closed the gap on our gang of hobbling heroes at all. That could change this weekend, and maybe the boost to their GD will get its reward, but they can’t keep it up forever. And if they do, we’ll all bow down to TNB and co and give credit where it’s due.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #1351 on: March 4, 2024, 10:10:16 pm »
They went toe to toe with Man City and only lost the league with five points. If losing the league to this modern version of Man City is "bottling" then we're the biggest bottlers. You'd think Liverpool supporters would be more understandable after everything we went through. I don't know why some are dismissing Arsenal so easily.
They got 84 points last season. That isn't enough to win the league in most years, City or no.

Pochettino's Spurs side got 86 in 2017.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: March 4, 2024, 10:17:34 pm »
City were 8? points ahead when they won it before dropping off. Arsenal bottled it badly. Their results in the run-in wouldn't have been good enough in any era.

They started off very well and fell off dramatically when it mattered.  Brighton even slapped them 3-0 at their place.  The same happened the season prior to that with them chucking 4th away to Spurs.

People don't doubt them in a footballing sense. It's their bottle that people doubt.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 10:29:37 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1353 on: March 4, 2024, 10:28:02 pm »
Wilder ..

I believe 'lol' is the expression
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #1354 on: March 4, 2024, 10:39:15 pm »
Wilder ..

I believe 'lol' is the expression
He’s an embarrassment, as is that entire squad. Routinely conceding 5+ goals at home is a disgrace.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: March 4, 2024, 10:44:43 pm »
Fair play to Arsenal they are relentless at the moment.  Near on the same starting 11 though.  I can't believe they've been able to do that for so long. 

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: March 4, 2024, 10:54:41 pm »
You could've had a free Cheese & Onion pasty courtesy of yours truly you fucker.  :wanker

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: March 4, 2024, 11:03:08 pm »
Thierry Henry likes Inzaghi, the inter manager. Interesting. Not someone on my radar.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: March 4, 2024, 11:04:31 pm »
When Arteta goes to BArca, he's your man then?

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: March 4, 2024, 11:07:39 pm »
Fair play to Arsenal they are relentless at the moment.  Near on the same starting 11 though.  I can't believe they've been able to do that for so long.

I think they look formidable and credit where it's due, but it's fucking absurd the luck they've had with injuries and suspensions. White, Gabriel, Saliba, Rice, Odegaard, Havertz, Saka and Martinelli have missed a COMBINED 7 games this season - that's 8 of their best 11. Salah alone has missed 6. Only Jesus and Zinchenko from their best 11 have had meaningful spells on the sidelines, and for all the noise Arsenal fans make about it, Zinchenko has missed less than half the games Robertson has for us, and Jesus has missed the same number of games as Jota and only 2 more than Salah. Even their back up players have stayed fit - Jorginho and Trossard have missed a game each all season.

They've been able to field their first choice line up in 11 games this season, or were only missing one in another 11 games - 22 of their 27 games they've been able to name near enough a perfect line-up. The comparable figures for us are 2 and 6. The worst they've had it was missing 3 of their first eleven, and only for a single match - in our last 4 games alone we've been missing 4, 3, 6, and 4 players who would ordinarily start for us. And this is being generous and not including Jota, our joint 2nd top scorer only behind Salah, as one of our starters (on the basis Diaz has played more games).

Which is not to necessarily downplay how good they've been - they have. But I don't believe for one second they'd be able to keep up with us or City with a comparable injury list - there's a healthy dose of luck involved in their title charge. All the more frustration for us really I suppose.