Poll

Who would you prefer to win the league?

Arsenal
105 (81.4%)
Man City
24 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Voting closed: January 28, 2023, 10:25:13 am

Author Topic: Who would you prefer to win the league?  (Read 2645 times)

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Re: Who would you prefer to win the league?
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2023, 12:56:27 pm »
Neither
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2023, 01:01:54 pm »
Mad that nearly a quarter of the people on a Liverpool forum would rather see City win the league than Arsenal.  Times like this I wish we had vote transparency so we could see how many City bots are getting involved.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2023, 01:03:44 pm »
Mad that nearly a quarter of the people on a Liverpool forum would rather see City win the league than Arsenal.  Times like this I wish we had vote transparency so we could see how many City bots are getting involved.

I dunno kinda understand it, I mean City win it and it's meaningless. It literally means nothing if City with anything, plus it might actually shine a light on how much they've cheated to get where they are.

If Arsenal win it, then people go "See any team can win it" It legitimizes city's expenditure. Unfortunately like we've done with City.

If City win the league 10 times in the next 10 years, the league becomes boring, even more so than it is now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2023, 01:06:32 pm »
I dunno kinda understand it, I mean City win it and it's meaningless. It literally means nothing if City with anything, plus it might actually shine a light on how much they've cheated to get where they are.

If City win the league 10 times in the next 10 years, the league becomes boring, even more so than it is now.

Yeah I can see that angle, I wonder if a more interesting poll would be something like:

Why do you prefer City winning the league over Arsenal?

- We suffered through it, someone else can too
- Highlights sportswashing if City win the league year after year
- The Arsenal meltdown would be hilarious
- Arteta is a twat
- I can't deal with North Bank anymore
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2023, 01:20:43 pm »
Anyone voting City better not complain next time they beat us to the title, since apparently their wins are so meaningless and it'll highlight all their cheating ::)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2023, 01:21:24 pm »
Anyone voting City better not complain next time they beat us to the title, since apparently their wins are so meaningless and it'll highlight all their cheating ::)

Not really.

The choice is Arsenal or City. Not City or us.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2023, 01:23:31 pm »
Arsenal...I don't watch footy at all now, not even us, haven't for years. So many things have put me off, but the level of City's unpunished cheating was the final straw, I fuckin hate them for that.

Ian Wright seems a top fella too, so I'll be made up for him, same goes for the Arsenal lads on here.

As for what fans of other clubs think, of us or of anything really, I really couldn't give a shit.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2023, 01:39:55 pm »
Yeah I can see that angle, I wonder if a more interesting poll would be something like:

- Arteta is a twat

I’m voting for the last one !

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2023, 02:17:19 pm »

- Arteta is a twat

Is there an "all of the above" option?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2023, 02:23:33 pm »
I voted City because to be honest I am of the view that a City title win is meaningless because of their financial cheating. Guardiola's position should actually be in jeopardy if they don't win it or the CL after what they have spent.

Also, an Arsenal win would hurt Liverpool directly far more than a City win. City's spending/profile is not going to change regardless whereas Arsenal will get a massive boost off the pitch from being champions.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2023, 02:44:45 pm »
Not really.
The choice is Arsenal or City. Not City or us.
Not really, it was only yesterday that a few posters are saying City winning it is meaningless. We can't shrug our shoulders every couple of years and say hard luck Reds but that's meaningless anyway.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2023, 02:47:23 pm »
Not really, it was only yesterday that a few posters are saying City winning it is meaningless. We can't shrug our shoulders every couple of years and say hard luck Reds but that's meaningless anyway.

It's a lot more meaningful when we lose the league because we support the team, ask any other supporter who they would rather win it they'll choose city every time over us. But if it's not us then City winning it to me is meaningless, because they are supposed to win it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 05:41:01 pm by Chakan »

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2023, 03:18:15 pm »
If it's not us, then Arsenal or Spurs are the most tolerable of the big six, and we all know Spurs are never winning the league. Arsenal's fanbase on Twitter is second to none in terms of cringe and delusion, but on the whole, I really don't mind Arsenal as a club.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2023, 03:26:35 pm »
If not us, then I mostly don’t care, but at that point in a choice between Arsenal and Man City, it has to be Arsenal.

Man City are cheats. Systematic. Arsenal are a proper historic club. Hungry young team. Their owners have pushed the boat out to add debt for player acquisition, but it is a calculated gamble, within the rules, as they have built a team to compete at the top.

Don’t like Arteta. Don’t like the way Arsenal fans I know talk, as if they have been brilliant all along. Let’s see how they go when they add Champions League football to their agenda. And when they compete for the title and make three CL finals in five years, they can say they have done as well as we have in the last few years, only on double the budget for them.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2023, 05:22:49 pm »
Arsenal all the way.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2023, 05:33:17 pm »
No contest, Arsenal.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2023, 05:35:20 pm »
Can those who want City to win explain please?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2023, 05:38:19 pm »

They will though, it's just mad.

Online Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2023, 05:39:18 pm »

2 main reasons for me:
I simply know City fans compared to Arsenal fans. As said on the other forums - them chasing down teams to win it with silly points tallies just shows the league and FA up.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2023, 05:39:52 pm »
They will though, it's just mad.

It's a lot more meaningful when we lose the league because we support the team, ask any other supporter who they would rather win it they'll choose city every time over us. But if it's not us then City winning it to me is meaningless, because they are supposed to win it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2023, 05:47:09 pm »

It's all irrelevant to me that. I can't switch on and off my dislike of sports washing just because a rival team is going for a title and some of their fans didn't support us.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2023, 05:48:12 pm »
It's all irrelevant to me that. I can't switch on and off my dislike of sports washing just because a rival team is going for a title and some of their fans didn't support us.

So how's Arsenal winning gonna stop the sportswashing?

Least my path has some small glimmer of it being stopped.

That's my reasoning, might not be viable or correct or agreed but it is what it is.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2023, 05:54:36 pm »
So how's Arsenal winning gonna stop the sportswashing?

Least my path has some small glimmer of it being stopped.

That's my reasoning, might not be viable or correct or agreed but it is what it is.

It's not going to be stopped as it's too ingrained in football now for them to turn back. That is why I just cannot understand those who say a win for City is meaningless when it brings Qatar yet more respectability in the outside world. It gives their owners yet more power inside the game itself which is why we have the PSG guy now sitting on UEFA committees and doubtless there will be more being invited. The more City win the more fans will crave their own state ownership as every thing becomes normalised. It's already happening.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2023, 05:55:57 pm »
It's not going to be stopped as it's too ingrained in football now for them to turn back. That is why I just cannot understand those who say a win for City is meaningless when it brings Qatar yet more respectability in the outside world. It gives their owners yet more power inside the game itself which is why we have the PSG guy now sitting on UEFA committees and doubtless there will be more being invited. The more City win the more fans will crave their own state ownership as every thing becomes normalised. It's already happening.

Even if they don't win that's going to happen.

Newcastle splashing 100mil in a jan window, City buying Haaland, PSG with all the stars, it doesn't matter if they win or not, they can still splash the cash whenever they want.

There's not a path with other teams winning it that leads to it stopping. The only thing that really stops it is if the PL start losing money because they put out a boring product and people stop watching.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 05:59:19 pm by Chakan »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2023, 06:12:16 pm »

Heart says Arsenal, mind says City. I listened to mind and vote for City. We had this conversation before in Arsenal and City threads. I want City to win it because i want everyone to experience what we had. That's the only way to stop City cheating, when everyone in the league and London press turns on them.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2023, 06:20:19 pm »
Even if they don't win that's going to happen.

Newcastle splashing 100mil in a jan window, City buying Haaland, PSG with all the stars, it doesn't matter if they win or not, they can still splash the cash whenever they want.

There's not a path with other teams winning it that leads to it stopping. The only thing that really stops it is if the PL start losing money because they put out a boring product and people stop watching.

Only a few teams fight for the titles anyway it's why fans from smaller clubs hate the bigger clubs because they stand little chance of winning the league nowadays. No one in football is going to care about City dominating certainly not those who make the rules, as long as they continue to get rich off the back of the game that's the only thing they will care about. Also, if they lose crowds they will take it abroad somewhere like oh I know, Qatar! Just like they did with the World Cup.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2023, 06:24:57 pm »
Only a few teams fight for the titles anyway it's why fans from smaller clubs hate the bigger clubs because they stand little chance of winning the league nowadays. No one in football is going to care about City dominating certainly not those who make the rules, as long as they continue to get rich off the back of the game that's the only thing they will care about. Also, if they lose crowds they will take it abroad somewhere like oh I know, Qatar! Just like they did with the World Cup.

Then let them take it abroad, fuck do I care as long as they are out of the Premier League.

There's literally no way Arsenal winning helps stop the sportwashing teams. Zero way. Unless there's something I don't see.

I've explained how my way might actually stop it, you disagree. Well that's where we differ.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 06:27:08 pm by Chakan »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2023, 06:48:26 pm »
Well, their cheating got the biggest highlighting it's ever going to get when they robbed us of two titles.

Everyone just laughed and nothing changed.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2023, 06:51:06 pm »
Well, their cheating got the biggest highlighting it's ever going to get when they robbed us of two titles.

Now imagine that happened to Chelsea or Man United.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2023, 07:05:27 pm »
Whilst I am aware that they are both media and establishment darlings, I'm not sure that would make any real difference. Chelsea themselves have been sportswashed, so have no room for complaint. The Mancs and their hangers-on have been begging for a sportswasher of their own too and may yet get one. So they can't moan either.

Apart from their own fans and lovers in the media, no one likes or cares about either of those clubs. Many actively hate them both, so would laugh at them losing out just like our haters laughed at us.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2023, 07:12:13 pm »
Whilst I am aware that they are both media and establishment darlings, I'm not sure that would make any real difference. Chelsea themselves have been sportswashed, so have no room for complaint. The Mancs and their hangers-on have been begging for a sportswasher of their own too and may yet get one. So they can't moan either.

Apart from their own fans and lovers in the media, no one likes or cares about either of those clubs. Many actively hate them both, so would laugh at them losing out just like our haters laughed at us.

I dunno I think the media coverage would have been a lot different had it been one of those.

Maybe i'm mistaken.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2023, 07:24:23 pm »

Yep if the Mancs got pipped 2 or 3 times because City have three teams to put out, then sections of the press would be moaning every week.

They just loved it because it was us.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2023, 07:40:40 pm »
I dunno I think the media coverage would have been a lot different had it been one of those.

Maybe i'm mistaken.
Possibly if it was the Mancs, but who knows?

Thing is, the moaning from their arselickers wouldn't make any difference anyway in my opinion. Football and even the government have given their express approval to sportswashing. The PL actively encourages it. The Mancs are fully expected to join the sportswash club themselves anyway.

The sportswash horse has long since bolted. In fact, football itself deliberately opened the stable door and, apart from a few notable exceptions, the media have lapped it up too.

I think if it was the Mancs who had been robbed twice by Abu Dhabi then their fanbase would have simply campaigned a lot harder to oust the Glazers in favour of a sheikh of their own. I think it would have resulted in more sportswashers coming in sooner rather than any rethink about sportswashing itself.

Just opinion, mind. I could well be completely wrong.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2023, 07:51:32 pm »
Possibly if it was the Mancs, but who knows?

Thing is, the moaning from their arselickers wouldn't make any difference anyway in my opinion. Football and even the government have given their express approval to sportswashing. The PL actively encourages it. The Mancs are fully expected to join the sportswash club themselves anyway.

The sportswash horse has long since bolted. In fact, football itself deliberately opened the stable door and, apart from a few notable exceptions, the media have lapped it up too.

I think if it was the Mancs who had been robbed twice by Abu Dhabi then their fanbase would have simply campaigned a lot harder to oust the Glazers in favour of a sheikh of their own. I think it would have resulted in more sportswashers coming in sooner rather than any rethink about sportswashing itself.

Just opinion, mind. I could well be completely wrong.

Oh I do agree with all of that, they've definitely let them in and the horse has bolted, but I still have hope that one day it'll be stopped. If not there really is no point in watching Liverpool play anymore.

The league and the game is as good as dead then.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2023, 08:12:08 pm »
We should hold no bitterness towards Arsenal, they've gone about it the right way so hats off to them if they do end up winning it. City on the other fucking hand . . .

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2023, 08:44:50 pm »

That's because everyone hates us. Rival forums are full of "bin dippers... murderers etc". We need other clubs to experience what we did.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2023, 08:45:52 pm »
Arsenal.

I get the reasons why people might choose City. It’s been eloquently explained in other threads. And I get it.

Another reason for City might be the fact that Arsenal are closer to us in terms of major honours.

And ten years ago, despite not minding Arsenal, I’d have answered City as I felt the relationship between the two sets of fans was okay, based on a mutual hatred of the red mancs.

But now…it’s Arsenal. All day long. At least they’ll have a parade worthy of the name, unlike that laughable ten minute drive down Deansgate to a waiting crowd of 4 old ladies and a dog.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2023, 09:04:49 pm »
That's because everyone hates us. Rival forums are full of "bin dippers... murderers etc". We need other clubs to experience what we did.
Everyone hates Man United too.

Every club is hated to some degree. We are the most successful club in the country, so attract a lot of jealousy. Us being successful terrifies the life out of other fans. I love the fact.

If Arsenal miss out to the Sportswash then Spurs will laugh their heads off, as will most of London and plenty of the rest of the UK. People just enjoy schadenfreude.

If Arsenal suffer like we have, I doubt it will make the slightest difference. Everyone is too busy laughing at those who get cheated, rather than looking to address the cheats.

It the Mancs lost out after racking up 98 points or so, most of the UK would be rolling around on the floor pissing itself laughing.

Whilst we might enjoy seeing those who laughed at us going on to miss out themselves, I don't think it actually changes anything or addresses the elephant in the room in any way.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2023, 09:16:31 pm »
The small hope is that if sportswashing teams keep missing out on trophies, it may become attractive again to build rather than buy. Which means less dubious individuals get involved in football again, not just the 30bn + oil states. There may even be a push from the fans of oil clubs to want to give youth a chance and build something with feeling, if they see their side miss out with players that seemingly don’t care. It could turn , but it needs that model to fail on the field first.