Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279945 times)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #400 on: January 19, 2020, 08:51:53 pm »
Signing AWB who is only good at tackling for £50m in an age where Klopp and Guardiola (in the same league!) have completely reinvented how fullbacks play was nuts.

Give Ole all the money and players he wants. Bruno Fernandes has almost 1 in 2 for Sporting CP in 135 games but he will turn to shit if he joins them, you just know it.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2020, 08:54:02 pm »
It'll turn players off joining them as well when you also have Lukaku and Pogba saying stuff about their medical staff or using their own people because they don't trust United's

150 bags a week for some bang average no mark will see plenty of deals done, no fucker who's actually good will join that sister fingering shitshow though

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2020, 08:54:45 pm »
Signing AWB who is only good at tackling for £50m in an age where Klopp and Guardiola (in the same league!) have completely reinvented how fullbacks play was nuts.

Give Ole all the money and players he wants. Bruno Fernandes has almost 1 in 2 for Sporting CP in 135 games but he will turn to shit if he joins them, you just know it.

He's far too limited going forward to be the RB option they need him to be. They'd be better off trying him out as a RCB.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: January 19, 2020, 08:58:44 pm »
Damnit, I'm actually having sympathy for these devils.

Rashford should never have been allowed to play with a broken back. The poor sod deserves better than that.

Those players did actually try even if they are coached and organised so badly.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2020, 09:00:02 pm »
Awful weekend for the heroes of 99. Solksjaer getting it handed to him at Anfield and Sheringham being kicked off his reality show after singing a Will Young cover dressed as a tree.

FFS had to google this thinking you were chatting utter wham

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2020, 09:04:34 pm »
Damnit, I'm actually having sympathy for these devils.

Rashford should never have been allowed to play with a broken back. The poor sod deserves better than that.

Those players did actually try even if they are coached and organised so badly.

They didn't give up I guess. I actually think if Rashford wasn't injured now and Pogba was actually playing they might of been in for a shout at Top 4 given how dire everyone else seems to be who are their challengers.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2020, 09:15:22 pm »
They're back aren't they.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2020, 09:15:35 pm »
Its wonderful to see them backing Ole because they had 2 chances against us after being outplayed for 75% of the game and had a go when we sat back. Mane and Salah sitters, Hendo hitting the post, the Bobby goal disallowed (the one Keane & Neville thought was soft). They must think they're the only team that has had a few chances against us. I pray they give Ole another season.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2020, 09:17:39 pm »

It is definitely all about the context when judging their signings, if AWB had been brought through from the youth side or brought in for a modest fee then his limitations would be fine and he'd be a decent starting point for what they eventually wanted at right back, but for £50m you should be able to expect a complete player who would rapidly transition into a starter, but other than the starting regularly bit that is nothing like what they have with him.

Similarly, if Daniel James was a youngster they had signed to mostly contribute off the bench at first and maybe be starting by the end of the season then he'd have got off to a decent start, but they seem to be a more expensive version of Everton at the moment, every signing has to be world-class from the outset and has to be better than the equivalent liverpool player or they'll rapidly be dismissed as useless.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2020, 09:23:02 pm »
Said the other day that Solskjaer is an incredibly selfish man. Everything he does and everything he says is with the design of keeping himself in the job for as long as possible. He doesn't give a shit about the players, the fans or the club. He's Roy Hodgson without any of the coaching ability.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2020, 09:24:53 pm »
Said the other day that Solskjaer is an incredibly selfish man. Everything he does and everything he says is with the design of keeping himself in the job for as long as possible. He doesn't give a shit about the players, the fans or the club. He's Roy Hodgson without any of the coaching ability.

Without the ability, humility, self awareness or motivational skills.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2020, 09:25:07 pm »

He’s so deliciously bitter as well. You can tell he spent a long time under the tramp. He’s inherited the hatred and obsession of Liverpool with none of the actual ability of the hard shoulder shitter.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 19, 2020, 09:26:55 pm »
Ole comes across as a right snidey sarcy c*nt dont he? He really has an inferiority complex. I mean ffs it’s only a parking spot, just park there, man.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2020, 09:29:30 pm »
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: January 19, 2020, 09:29:40 pm »
Ole has gone full Moyes now. Was calling us a long ball team, talking up how his team was putting pressure on us in the last 30 mins. Also claiming that they played better than Mourinho's team during his last visit ( I don't think they did to be honest).

He reminds me of Moyes during his Everton days so much. Hopefully, he turns them into that.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #416 on: January 19, 2020, 09:31:39 pm »
Their squad is so thin. (apart from Shaw obviously)

They’ve got Martial and an 18 year old up front.  James has been run into the ground.

They’re playing Matic in midfield.  They’re without Pogba and McTomminay....

How did they end up in this situation? Unforgivable.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: January 19, 2020, 09:32:11 pm »
Without the ability, humility, self awareness or motivational skills.
but importantly the credibility and history with the club with the fans to get away with it!

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: January 19, 2020, 09:36:15 pm »
Ole has gone full Moyes now. Was calling us a long ball team, talking up how his team was putting pressure on us in the last 30 mins. Also claiming that they played better than Mourinho's team during his last visit ( I don't think they did to be honest).

He reminds me of Moyes during his Everton days so much. Hopefully, he turns them into that.

He was genuinely talking like they battered us, was hilarious. And yeah I don't think they did either, obviously they were shit last year and we had lots of shots but we had a spell where we didn't create much and were doing that thing we used to do where we got frustrated and took loads of dumb long shots then Shaq sorted things. Today was never really in doubt.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: January 19, 2020, 09:37:41 pm »
Ole is their Owl they just haven't realised it yet.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #420 on: January 19, 2020, 09:38:46 pm »
The Rashford thing is utterly mad.

Why’s he been playing him?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #421 on: January 19, 2020, 09:39:16 pm »
Its 7 years now, soon it will be 12, then 16, then 20.

This lot are years away, just like we were and they will state that 'they won't do a Liverpool' or 'we're too big to not win a title within a period'
The signs are there like fire bells and they'll scream soon, but in reality, it'll be years, years and many years.....Why?.... Because we've walked it already and every single sign of what they are going to do/change, is everything we did. They'll be a "last piece in the jigsaw" team for the next 10 years at the very least.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: January 19, 2020, 09:40:02 pm »
The Rashford thing is utterly mad.

Why’s he been playing him?

Not a one off. Maguire came back way quicker than they thought. Ole simply described him as a 'warrior'. That's a club stuck in the stone age. They've no ideas except nostalgia.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: January 19, 2020, 09:42:03 pm »
Fuck me, heads falling off aots in here

Oleh is fucking boss, needs at least another 5 years

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: January 19, 2020, 09:42:50 pm »
Genuine question, what is Michael Carrick's role at Utd ?  Is he assistant manager ? Coach ?  Something else ?
I genuinely don't know - I'm asking because every time the camera goes to the bench, Oleh is talking to him, and he never seems to say anything, ever. He just looks blankly at the shambles on the pitch.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #425 on: January 19, 2020, 09:42:56 pm »
Not a one off. Maguire came back way quicker than they thought. Ole simply described him as a 'warrior'. That's a club stuck in the stone age. They've no ideas except nostalgia.

Maguire must still have a knock too unless he was lying about it.

He’s honestly so out of his depth it’s frightening.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: January 19, 2020, 09:45:18 pm »
Genuine question, what is Michael Carrick's role at Utd ?  Is he assistant manager ? Coach ?  Something else ?
I genuinely don't know - I'm asking because every time the camera goes to the bench, Oleh is talking to him, and he never seems to say anything, ever. He just looks blankly at the shambles on the pitch.

He's part of the great footballing knowledge that is gonna take these back to where they belong, and trust me they're not that far off reaching it, do not question anything they do

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #427 on: January 19, 2020, 09:46:07 pm »
Fuck me, heads falling off aots in here

Oleh is fucking boss, needs at least another 5 years
Yep, if Roy Keane says Oleh needs more time, then give him more time.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 19, 2020, 09:46:59 pm »
He was genuinely talking like they battered us, was hilarious. And yeah I don't think they did either, obviously they were shit last year and we had lots of shots but we had a spell where we didn't create much and were doing that thing we used to do where we got frustrated and took loads of dumb long shots then Shaq sorted things. Today was never really in doubt.

Yep, Once Virgil scored, the game was sealed. Mourinho's team defended well for long periods. We were battering them but De Gea and their defence were quite good. Today they were lucky that it wasn't 4 or 5 nil. The chances Mane and Salah missed and the disallowed goal meant that they got a more comforting loss.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: January 19, 2020, 09:49:05 pm »
Its 7 years now, soon it will be 12, then 16, then 20.

This lot are years away, just like we were and they will state that 'they won't do a Liverpool' or 'we're too big to not win a title within a period'
The signs are there like fire bells and they'll scream soon, but in reality, it'll be years, years and many years.....Why?.... Because we've walked it already and every single sign of what they are going to do/change, is everything we did. They'll be a "last piece in the jigsaw" team for the next 10 years at the very least.

Chops one thing though they have over us in that period is they got a lot more money and can spend there way out of trouble. They've done a piss poor job till now but we didn't have that luxury.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #430 on: January 19, 2020, 09:49:15 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: January 19, 2020, 09:49:15 pm »

He’s honestly so out of his depth it’s frightening.

Nothing to do with a knock, he's wank and if he wasn't English he'd have been called out ages ago and would be worth about as much as Vestergaard at Southampton, overrated manc shabite

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #432 on: January 19, 2020, 09:50:06 pm »

He’s honestly so out of his depth it’s frightening hilarious.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #433 on: January 19, 2020, 09:51:48 pm »
Nothing to do with a knock, he's wank and if he wasn't English he'd have been called out ages ago and would be worth about as much as Vestergaard at Southampton, overrated manc shabite

He’s a decent CB and that’s all he is. Least of their issues now Rashford out.

He cost 80 million pounds and the right back cost 53 million.

Staggering.

I mean Ole is out of his depth.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: January 19, 2020, 09:53:04 pm »
He's part of the great footballing knowledge that is gonna take these back to where they belong, and trust me they're not that far off reaching it, do not question anything they do

I agree, I think he's great at whatever it is he's doing , you can see the passion in the man

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 19, 2020, 09:53:42 pm »
James has been a brilliant signing for them though, apparently

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 19, 2020, 09:55:31 pm »

Nice headline, lads. Thugs!
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #437 on: January 19, 2020, 09:56:30 pm »
James has been a brilliant signing for them though, apparently

Limited player that is being overused due to mis-management at highest level. His pressing today was hilarious.

They sold Lakaku and didn’t replace him and run other players into ground.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 19, 2020, 09:57:44 pm »
Gini taking the piss out of Maguire on the halfway line makes up for that weird and, quite camp, hands on hips goal celebration in front of the Kop he did for Leicester a year ago.

He’s made himself look like a c*nt in two consecutive games at Anfield.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #439 on: January 19, 2020, 09:59:11 pm »

Thing is his tackles start from a long way away and are easy to anticipate. Mascerhano was one of the best tacklers I ever saw because he got close and stayed on his feet until the last second; AWB puts up a banner announcung his intention before stepping back and taking a long run and jump at it. That's why he got a scalding today. It won't matter against most teams, but the best sides will target that all day long.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...