Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923956 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: NUFC - journalists lives matter
« Reply #18400 on: October 24, 2021, 10:57:03 am »
Fair play to the Palace fans yesterday.

The complaint would surely have come from inside the ground, you could probably narrow that down to a handful of Newcastle reps who attended the game.
The PIF PR machine will be in full flow right now..sorry to inform you but this won't go away.
There will be banners at every game Newcastle play.

How do the Police see that banner & deem it offensive?
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18401 on: October 24, 2021, 10:57:41 am »
props to the palace fans, nothing wrong with that banner, statement of facts isn't it?

oh, and United with Pride might want to take a look at what their counterpart, Proud at Palace, has to say on your new owners

https://twitter.com/i/status/1451911637938671618

still gobsmacked by those shameless cowards of a group to let that shit slide cos a sugar daddy crossed their palms with silver, united with pride, my arse

oh yeah i forgot, a new (first i heard it put forward, anyway) narrative coming from supporters of the takeover is that it's heightened scrutiny of saudi arabia, which is a good thing that could lead to change.................  :o :o :o :o

morons, they clearly (and it's not just newcastle fans) do not understand the very concept of sports washing, by its very nature it's a con job, that's the motive, that's the driving force, that's the reason to spunk billions on a game of footy, a con to alter perception of them not through change but by assosciation to something deemed prestigious and innocuous - at what point do you think they say, mmmm, maybe we should listen to these gullible fellows who are taking the bait hook line and sinker

no, they sit in palaces and laugh at the nature of greed and how easy people are to manipulate and those offering up 'positives' or excuses for the regime's takeover are making their very point, if you didn't buy it hook line and sinker they wouldn't even consider doing it in the first place, those people are the very reason this shit works and is in our game in the first place
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 11:29:57 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18402 on: October 24, 2021, 11:01:29 am »
He would have been on the brink regardless of the takeover anyway given their position. They were in a terrible run last season and Jones the coach was brought in (against Bruce's wishes) and results improved and they stayed up.

Added to the fact new owners will want their own manager in anyway (unless they inherit someone really good). Bruce has walked out on tons of jobs, including the Sheff Wed job to take the Newcastle one.

He did a pretty poor job/average at best, got sacked and walk away with 8 million quid compo (added to his annual salary in the millions). If they want to call it bad treatment then so be it.

He's managed a ton of clubs and the fans of nearly all of them dislike him (many of them hate him).

But the media like him so that sets the narrative.

Oh I agree.

I wasn't sure if I was missing anything, this just seems like the classic case of poor results and performances married with fans wanting a manager out. Although at least he didn't walk out on Newcastle to go elsewhere like many of his other jobs.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #18403 on: October 24, 2021, 11:12:31 am »
Good post.  The problem is that it’s created a situation where everyone goes into nuclear offence mode about everything, because that’s a tactic that works.  And now it’s established as a successful tactic, anyone can use it, even despots.  It’s a dreadful problem for us all.

I’m reaching the view that anyone who tries to silence somebody by claiming offence needs to be told to fuck off, every time and even if I agree with them.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18404 on: October 24, 2021, 11:15:48 am »
I'd love to see this banner passed on to newcastles next away opponents - who also add one of their own. Then both passed on to their next away game, increasing every time until there's a banner for the fans of each team.

A whole end dedicated to showing what fans actually think of this.

One question I have though is are the majority of fans genuinely interested/concerned about Saudi practices, or are they just using it because they're pissed off they weren't chosen to be made rich overnight.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18405 on: October 24, 2021, 11:17:26 am »
Rainbow and amnesty flags would work well as a protest when playing the human rights trampling clubs. Who can complain that they're offensive?

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18406 on: October 24, 2021, 11:20:23 am »
I'd love to see this banner passed on to newcastles next away opponents - who also add one of their own. Then both passed on to their next away game, increasing every time until there's a banner for the fans of each team.

One question I have though is are the majority of fans genuinely interested/concerned about Saudi practices, or are they just using it because they're pissed off they weren't chosen to be made rich overnight.

Does it matter what the motivation is?  Right minded people know this is an abomination. Highlight abs highlight and you’ll get results. PIF are not going away from NUFC but if the club becomes so unpopular in the media driven world then top coaches and players will genuinely think twice about joining them hopefully

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18407 on: October 24, 2021, 11:25:36 am »

I'd pack in my support of Liverpool if the club were owned by monsters. These aren't rich owners, these are regime's that are fundamentally evil.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #18408 on: October 24, 2021, 11:26:02 am »
Rainbow and amnesty flags would work well as a protest when playing the human rights trampling clubs. Who can complain that they're offensive?
Amnesty withdrew support from Navalny in Russia.  The banner has more integrity the way it is.
Does it matter what the motivation is?  Right minded people know this is an abomination. Highlight abs highlight and you’ll get results. PIF are not going away from NUFC but if the club becomes so unpopular in the media driven world then top coaches and players will genuinely think twice about joining them hopefully
I’d say the motivation is crucial.  This can’t be allowed to turn into football banter, it’s too big for that.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18409 on: October 24, 2021, 11:32:21 am »
I believe Newcastle shills are going to outdo even Abu Dhabi morons. Just read a few tweets about Beckham selling his soul to promote the next world cup and theres untold comments from Newcastle fans playing the victim about how it's only them being criticised and it's all so unfair. Its fucking nauseating.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18410 on: October 24, 2021, 11:33:58 am »
Well done to the Palace fans there,  good to see the action.  You want to see this from all teams,  also you look at the psychological profile of the oil princelings / royalty that derive income from an oil rich country -  whether its the Saudis,  UAE,  or the region we deal a lot with in Brunei,  Malaysia -  there's usually a delusional sense of importance given to respect,  protocol.  In the UK you have a fantastic opportunity to give them the finger every game (unless the authorities step in).  Guys who make their own money,  they won't care,  with this crowd,  they will care a lot more than is logical.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #18411 on: October 24, 2021, 11:35:06 am »

Are you willing to send some through the mail ?

If I was actually on acid I'd be more than happy to share.

Weird fucking comment (from OP), in all fairness.

Are you suggesting Liverpool supporters in particular use rainbow flags to protest against the Saudis? Because with Liverpool FC's ongoing issues with homophobia/homophobic chants, hijacking the rainbow flag just to try and embarrass the Saudis would be a tad on the distasteful side. Amnesty flags would be far better, IMO.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 11:44:34 am by Elliemental »

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #18412 on: October 24, 2021, 11:50:28 am »

Would be quite something, that.

first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline us_col

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18413 on: October 24, 2021, 12:02:06 pm »
props to the palace fans, nothing wrong with that banner, statement of facts isn't it?

oh, and United with Pride might want to take a look at what their counterpart, Proud at Palace, has to say on your new owners

https://twitter.com/i/status/1451911637938671618

still gobsmacked by those shameless cowards of a group to let that shit slide cos a sugar daddy crossed their palms with silver, united with pride, my arse

oh yeah i forgot, a new (first i heard it put forward, anyway) narrative coming from supporters of the takeover is that it's heightened scrutiny of saudi arabia, which is a good thing that could lead to change.................  :o :o :o :o

morons, they clearly (and it's not just newcastle fans) do not understand the very concept of sports washing, by its very nature it's a con job, that's the motive, that's the driving force, that's the reason to spunk billions on a game of footy, a con to alter perception of them not through change but by assosciation to something deemed prestigious and innocuous - at what point do you think they say, mmmm, maybe we should listen to these gullible fellows who are taking the bait hook line and sinker

no, they sit in palaces and laugh at the nature of greed and how easy people are to manipulate and those offering up 'positives' or excuses for the regime's takeover are making their very point, if you didn't buy it hook line and sinker they wouldn't even consider doing it in the first place, those people are the very reason this shit works and is in our game in the first place

Couldn't agree more

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18414 on: October 24, 2021, 12:14:13 pm »

i think a few things are going on and yes there is the 'pay to win' aspect that fans hate but it's also about accumulation and the line in the sand being redrawn again and again until you have to ask the question, is there anyone out there that wouldn't pass the fit and proper test for owners?

If the regime still existed would we have a goose-stepping parade before home games kick off as swastikas are unfurled in the home end? Far fetched? Is it really that far away from where we are? How long before China comes in for a club? Do you think the premier league turns them down... i dont think they would and that's a regime accused (with a strong case) of genocide against the Uyghurs - with genocide (and mass killings of marginalised groups) arguably being the most infamous act of Hitlers regime.

Linking the above to football sounds insane, but sadly guys, that's the path we're on. And the old quote still rings true “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing” - or in this case, through desperation for success turn a blind eye and kid yourself everything's ok, or 'everyone's at it so why not us', or 'if it wasn't us it would be someone else' or 'some of our values can transfer to their homeland' or 'i'd sell my soul for a trophy'. All things i've heard from the newcastle fans. Lying to themselves or openly admitting that being in bed with despots is acceptable if their football club succeeds.

Legitismisation through assosciation has existed since time immemorial

In our game it's called sports washing and, back to your original question, i think in general fans have had enough of their game being polluted by the nefarious
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18415 on: October 24, 2021, 12:26:21 pm »
https://citizenlab.ca/2021/10/breaking-news-new-york-times-journalist-ben-hubbard-pegasus/

New York Times journalist Ben Hubbard was repeatedly targeted with NSO Group’s Pegasus spyware over a three-year period from June 2018 to June 2021. The targeting took place while he was reporting on Saudi Arabia, and writing a book about Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

KSA also hacking journalists’ phones now.

Wonder how far they’ll go to make sure they get good UK press; hello Henry Winter, Martin Samuel & Citizen Neville.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #18416 on: October 24, 2021, 12:36:13 pm »
Fair play to the Palace fans yesterday.

The complaint would surely have come from inside the ground, you could probably narrow that down to a handful of Newcastle reps who attended the game.
The PIF PR machine will be in full flow right now..sorry to inform you but this won't go away.
There will be banners at every game Newcastle play.

How do the Police see that banner & deem it offensive?

It was probably the Premier league objecting to their Logo being used without payment.

Apparently it is alleged it is a hate crime.

Saudi PR team on it straight away,
“Poor Saudi Royal Family getting blamed for the actions of a few”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #18417 on: October 24, 2021, 12:40:26 pm »
That final paragraph, what the fuck!

Like a load of shit shepherds in a shit nativity play where all the kids who can’t remember their lines get their mam’s tea towel to make them look a part of it.
Mind you those buggers would probably punch the donkey and the oxen as well as the sheep.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #18418 on: October 24, 2021, 12:52:20 pm »
Not to defend them, but I don't think the Premier League wanted to accept the takeover. They turned it down initially and have used delaying tactics but Newcastle fans waged war over it. I think there was lobbying pressure from the government as well and the fact the Saudi government are supposedly not incolved.

You can bet that Johnson was letting the Premier League know that it was of vital importance to the security of his job that the Saudis got what they wanted.
I remember seeing pictures years ago of Arabs rocking up in Knightsbridge in Rolls Royces and the politicians welcoming them as investors in our economy. They were even more barbaric back then.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18419 on: October 24, 2021, 12:53:59 pm »
It was probably the Premier league objecting to their Logo being used without payment.

Poor crown prince MBS,future king,the chairman of Newcastle United owner PIF who among other things has a hit squad to make offensive things disappear.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #18420 on: October 24, 2021, 12:59:35 pm »

Remember UEFA did Celtic for waving Palestinian National flags because flags are “political”.
By their reasoning anyone waving any National flag at a game is being political.
Spurs fans with Israeli flags, Watford were waving a Serbian flag I think yesterday. We have had German flags, Everton had Stars and Stripes. It’s all about bloody politics and the money that comes from it.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18421 on: October 24, 2021, 01:24:28 pm »
All away fans should dress in t-shirts with atheist slogans and snog the faces of the same sex fan next to them, while periodically swigging alcohol, for the whole game.

Or masks of Kashoggi… whatever works best.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #18422 on: October 24, 2021, 01:35:58 pm »
I honestly believe that if people turned up in Khashoggi t-shirts, it might be censored. That`s the way football has turned out. The Whatabout FC development has been really depressing. It just how easily people can get manipulated.  I used to respect Newcastle fans as some of the dedicated ones, but still hoped that also would come across through some morals in who were the custodians of the club.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 01:38:11 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #18423 on: October 24, 2021, 01:44:49 pm »
Someone has actually reported the banner to the police…

I shouldn’t  be shocked, but it’s hard not to be….
I always had Ant and Dec down as grasses.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #18424 on: October 24, 2021, 01:51:06 pm »

"Hate crime"!?  WTAF!?
They can dish out hate crimes and crimes against humanity left, right and centre, but can't take it!?
I feel this is cheapening hate crimes, making light of actual hate crimes.
I'm sure the police are investigating that so they can see if there is any way these fans can be prosecuted.

Good on those Palace supporters!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18425 on: October 24, 2021, 01:58:18 pm »
Nah, that’s more likely us, Utd, Madrid or Barca. Only the most popular teams are the most hated. Newcastle are currently an irrelevance in world football.
But that's for football jealousy reasons.

The sportswash vehicle clubs are despised for far bigger crimes. Personally speaking, I despise them far more than I ever could the clubs you've mentioned there.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18426 on: October 24, 2021, 02:54:37 pm »
If they prevent banners from being displayed then other action can and should be taken, whether its buying tickets but not going when SaudiSportswash are the visitors, to absolute silence when the teams come out and turning backs to the pitch when the PL anthem is played, to constant boos when they warm up, kick off, have the ball, everything that will be picked by the cameras and cannot be ignored.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #18427 on: October 24, 2021, 02:59:40 pm »
Not posting it here because the source is from the Mail, but apparently the other 18 teams are refusing to sell players to Newcastle and they're focusing on players in Europe instead
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #18428 on: October 24, 2021, 11:13:26 pm »
Not posting it here because the source is from the Mail, but apparently the other 18 teams are refusing to sell players to Newcastle and they're focusing on players in Europe instead

That would be a fantastic move can't see it though
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18429 on: October 24, 2021, 11:34:51 pm »
Nah, i am afraid Utd will take loads of cash for Lingard, Maguire etc. That would piss me off.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #18430 on: October 25, 2021, 01:41:39 pm »
Another article about the delightful new owner of Newcastle Utd, this time from The Guardian:

Saudi crown prince a ‘psychopath’, says exiled intelligence officer

A former senior Saudi intelligence officer has claimed that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is a “psychopath with no empathy” who once boasted that he could kill the kingdom’s ruler at the time, King Abdullah, and replace him with his own father.

In an interview on US television, Saad Aljabri, who fled Saudi Arabia in May 2017 and is living in exile in Canada, also said he had been warned by an associate in 2018, after the murder of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, that a Saudi hit team was heading to Canada to kill him.

Aljabri told 60 Minutes on CBS he was warned “don’t be in a proximity of any Saudi mission in Canada. Don’t go to the consulate. Don’t go to the embassy.” When he asked why, he said he was told “they dismembered the guy, they kill him. You are on the top of the list.”

Some details of the alleged murder plot, which were detailed in litigation in the US and Canada, have already been reported. But the 60 Minutes interview represents the first time Aljabri has publicly spoken about his break with Prince Mohammed.

He also spoke of the plight of his two youngest children, Sarah and Omar, who were arrested and are in prison in Saudi Arabia in what is widely seen as an attempt to force their father back to the country.

“I have to speak out. I am appealing to the American people and to the American administration to help me to release those children and to restore their life,” he said.

The Saudi government did not address Aljabri’s allegations but said in a statement that “Saad Aljabri is a discredited former government official with a long history of fabricating and creating distractions to hide the financial crimes he committed”.

Aljabri was a close adviser to Mohammed bin Nayef, a former crown prince and interior minister who is being held in Saudi Arabia and has been seen as a potential political rival to Prince Mohammed. “I expect to be killed one day because this guy will not rest off until he see me dead,” Aljabri said.

Aljabri has strong support in the US, where former intelligence officials have credited their Saudi counterpart for helping to save American and Saudi lives following the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the US.

On 60 Minutes, the former acting CIA director Mike Morell said Aljabri was “honourable”. Intelligence relayed to the US by Aljabri – Morell said – had led to the interception of bombs that had been planted by al-Qaida in 2010 in two desktop printers that were being flown as cargo on two planes.

Morell said there were also other examples of Aljabri saving the lives of Americans, but that they were still classified.

The rest of the article is here.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18431 on: October 25, 2021, 01:47:36 pm »
Another article about the delightful new owner of Newcastle Utd, this time from The Guardian:

A former senior Saudi intelligence officer has claimed that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is a “psychopath with no empathy” who once boasted that he could kill the kingdom’s ruler at the time, King Abdullah, and replace him with his own father.

In an interview on US television, Saad Aljabri, who fled Saudi Arabia in May 2017 and is living in exile in Canada, also said he had been warned by an associate in 2018, after the murder of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, that a Saudi hit team was heading to Canada to kill him.

Aljabri told 60 Minutes on CBS he was warned “don’t be in a proximity of any Saudi mission in Canada. Don’t go to the consulate. Don’t go to the embassy.” When he asked why, he said he was told “they dismembered the guy, they kill him. You are on the top of the list.”

Some details of the alleged murder plot, which were detailed in litigation in the US and Canada, have already been reported. But the 60 Minutes interview represents the first time Aljabri has publicly spoken about his break with Prince Mohammed.

He also spoke of the plight of his two youngest children, Sarah and Omar, who were arrested and are in prison in Saudi Arabia in what is widely seen as an attempt to force their father back to the country.

“I have to speak out. I am appealing to the American people and to the American administration to help me to release those children and to restore their life,” he said.

The Saudi government did not address Aljabri’s allegations but said in a statement that “Saad Aljabri is a discredited former government official with a long history of fabricating and creating distractions to hide the financial crimes he committed”.

Aljabri was a close adviser to Mohammed bin Nayef, a former crown prince and interior minister who is being held in Saudi Arabia and has been seen as a potential political rival to Prince Mohammed. “I expect to be killed one day because this guy will not rest off until he see me dead,” Aljabri said.

Aljabri has strong support in the US, where former intelligence officials have credited their Saudi counterpart for helping to save American and Saudi lives following the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the US.

On 60 Minutes, the former acting CIA director Mike Morell said Aljabri was “honourable”. Intelligence relayed to the US by Aljabri – Morell said – had led to the interception of bombs that had been planted by al-Qaida in 2010 in two desktop printers that were being flown as cargo on two planes.

Morell said there were also other examples of Aljabri saving the lives of Americans, but that they were still classified.

No problem at all.

Sign Messi and the media will be crowing about the Saudi state 'redeeming' itself.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18432 on: October 25, 2021, 01:56:03 pm »
^
That story has just been reported on the main BBC TV news too.

Hopefully their Geordie apologists and enablers are feeling a little uncomfortable this afternoon, although I doubt it.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #18433 on: October 25, 2021, 01:59:25 pm »

He's got a touch of Saddam Hussein's sadistic sons about him.

Imagine him owning your football club.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #18434 on: October 25, 2021, 03:08:40 pm »
^
That story has just been reported on the main BBC TV news too.

Hopefully their Geordie apologists and enablers are feeling a little uncomfortable this afternoon, although I doubt it.

Just about to post the link but beaten to it.

The apologists will feel no discomfort at all.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18435 on: October 25, 2021, 03:19:13 pm »
The Washington Post has long concluded that Bin Salman is the new Saddam Hussein.

In a lengthy article published in 2019 they finished it as follows;

'Like Saddam Hussein before him, Mohammed Bin Salman has concluded that he is immune. Women he tortured are still in prison.His planes are still bombing Yemen. And he is taking the first steps toward acquiring nuclear weapons. Because Western governments do not stop him now, they will have to do it later - when the cost is likely to be far higher.'

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #18436 on: October 25, 2021, 04:07:59 pm »
NFA for the the Crystal Palace banner
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18438 on: October 25, 2021, 04:16:25 pm »
Just about to post the link but beaten to it.

The apologists will feel no discomfort at all.
Don’t forget how much the Geordies have suffered under Mile Ashley tho.

I really don’t know how they can be happy he has bought their club. It is beyond belief.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #18439 on: October 25, 2021, 04:22:24 pm »
Breaking news..

The Met has said the banner was not racist. No further action to be taken.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.