Author Topic: I remember RAWK when...  (Read 30000 times)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: I remember RAWK when...
« Reply #360 on: December 5, 2023, 04:18:03 am »
Following the webcam on the Abbey Rd crossing whilst waiting to hear if the game was on or off. 

Think it was against Fulham?

That pre-match thread with the cam stream was 67+ pages long - and the 1st mention of the cam link wasn't until page 50 or so ;D

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=311947.2000 & the splinter thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=311990.0

^ https://www.earthcam.com/world/england/london/abbeyroad/?cam=abbeyroad_uk

"What sort of stuff did you used to watch when you were young, uncle ooj?" the nephews often ask... "road crossing streams, of course!" is my obvious reply!

Reality tv and netflix are shit - this was the good stuff!

« Last Edit: December 5, 2023, 04:28:48 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #361 on: December 5, 2023, 04:33:08 am »
The whole Moyes thing at Man U was a huge comedy.

That season Moyes was United manager was hilarious, teams started winning at United who hadn't won at United for years, & teams started scoring late equalisers & winners against them [reverse Fergie time ;D], United have been even funnier since then, particularly the last few seasons. ;D
#Sausages

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: December 5, 2023, 08:57:35 am »
Moyes was great. Teams that hadn't won at Old Trafford since Genghis Khan was alive coming there and taking three points.

That Fulham pre-match was brutal, just couldn't get any work done! Remember commuting back home laughing, wondering why the fuck I had just spent the afternoon watching people cross a road ;D

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: December 5, 2023, 08:58:14 am »
It has been so long I can't even remember if this originated on RAWK or not, but RAWK is definitely where I first saw it and that's good enough for me.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UHYO3qdFnhg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UHYO3qdFnhg</a>

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #364 on: December 5, 2023, 09:10:25 am »
It has been so long I can't even remember if this originated on RAWK or not, but RAWK is definitely where I first saw it and that's good enough for me.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UHYO3qdFnhg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UHYO3qdFnhg</a>

:lmao

When Sammy Lee first appears cracks me up every time.

Also reminded me that the Hodgson Christmas Carol thread is probably due a bump!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: December 5, 2023, 12:21:09 pm »

Absoutley legendary vid.  I first saw it on here

Love the bit with him walking through the Hurricane :lmao

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #366 on: December 5, 2023, 01:22:51 pm »
I remember RAWK when the Acca Pool used to win a few quid every now and then.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #367 on: December 5, 2023, 02:37:45 pm »
Absoutley legendary vid.  I first saw it on here

Love the bit with him walking through the Hurricane :lmao

i'm still in disbelief that he is on our books as one of our managers, was the lowest of times
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #368 on: December 5, 2023, 02:53:15 pm »
I remember RAWK when the Acca Pool used to win a few quid every now and then.

Sounds like you need me, the good luck charm, to come back.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: December 5, 2023, 02:54:59 pm »

Things are that bad that I've made more successful picks than anyone else so far this season  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: December 5, 2023, 04:04:02 pm »
i'm still in disbelief that he is on our books as one of our managers, was the lowest of times

Yep. I think sat in the kop for that Northampton game was one of my lowest points supporting Liverpool.  (aside from the obvious of course)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #371 on: December 5, 2023, 04:15:16 pm »
Things are that bad that I've made more successful picks than anyone else so far this season  ;D

Damn, it must be bad.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: December 5, 2023, 11:02:09 pm »
;D I thought you was returning to it.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: December 6, 2023, 09:29:05 am »
Over the years, the piss take of all of the managers has been superb on RAWK. Moyes at Everton - the peoples supermarket thread, then at Man U. Mourhino and then Luis Van Gaal in particular. That man was a legend on RAWK.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #374 on: December 6, 2023, 11:53:46 am »
Over the years, the piss take of all of the managers has been superb on RAWK. Moyes at Everton - the peoples supermarket thread, then at Man U. Mourhino and then Luis Van Gaal in particular. That man was a legend on RAWK.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #375 on: December 6, 2023, 12:16:40 pm »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #377 on: December 27, 2023, 11:08:13 pm »
That pre-match thread with the cam stream was 67+ pages long - and the 1st mention of the cam link wasn't until page 50 or so ;D

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=311947.2000 & the splinter thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=311990.0

What a day this was, hilarious all around too, and didn't one of the old posters call out the final score ahead of the match, it was a wild one of I recall....

^ https://www.earthcam.com/world/england/london/abbeyroad/?cam=abbeyroad_uk

"What sort of stuff did you used to watch when you were young, uncle ooj?" the nephews often ask... "road crossing streams, of course!" is my obvious reply!

Reality tv and netflix are shit - this was the good stuff!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.