Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4012959 times)

Pheeny

Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #10600 on: December 30, 2010, 11:30:37 pm »
Tony, its more the McKenzie link that pisses me off, why would anyone associated with Liverpool want to see themselves associated with it? Anyhow as I understand it, he's long gone now and if knob-eds want to spend their time listening to it and quoting the shite on it, its up to them. In all honesty, it could bring the standards of the threads down any lower than they already are. Think the site is so big now you'd never stop the knobs.

If it was not moderated there would soon enough be S*n links out there.
Thanks John I thought I was just being over sensitive.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10601 on: December 30, 2010, 11:33:56 pm »
Tony, its more the McKenzie link that pisses me off, why would anyone associated with Liverpool want to see themselves associated with it? Anyhow as I understand it, he's long gone now and if knob-eds want to spend their time listening to it and quoting the shite on it, its up to them. In all honesty, it could bring the standards of the threads down any lower than they already are. Think the site is so big now you'd never stop the knobs.

If it was not moderated there would soon enough be S*n links out there.

Think John has covered it with this sentence alone
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Pheeny

« Reply #10602 on: December 30, 2010, 11:42:44 pm »
Anyway what's everyone doing tomorrow night?
I'm staying in with the missus as per usual.Probably get woken up early hours when my lad staggers in...

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10603 on: December 30, 2010, 11:47:56 pm »
I'm staying in with the missus as per usual.Probably get woken up early hours when my lad staggers in...

We're having a party in here, Terry's the main act, Vic's the compere, Andy's the barman, Jill & Casey are the chorus girls and Johnno's the entertainment  ;D

You're lad sounds like mine, he staggers home at silly O'clock all the time.  Like you and as usual we stay in although at the last minute we may just pop into Liverpool to see if there are any fireworks, if they don't we'll probably just park at the Prom and watch those on the Wirral.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Pheeny

« Reply #10604 on: December 30, 2010, 11:54:30 pm »
You're lad sounds like mine, he staggers home at silly O'clock all the time. 
can't really complain about mine,sound lad and a few on here have met him,even John Mac but not sure if he'd remember. ;)

We get to see the fireworks from the back garden normally but this year we can watch through the hole in the roof... :P 

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #10605 on: December 30, 2010, 11:56:44 pm »

Dunno what to do, can't be arsed going too far. Might shoot down to Anfield think some of teh family will be down there but can't be arsed trying to get home. Else its just doss which is looking favourite at the min! Got to work in the morn anyhow
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10606 on: December 31, 2010, 12:00:14 am »
the horns from the ships - remember standing in me mums back yard many a time to listen to them bringing in the new year - seem less every year - of course being dark and 6 foot they also made me bring  a piece of coal into the house and the neighbours - what the hell is that about?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #10607 on: December 31, 2010, 12:00:38 am »
We're having a party in here, Terry's the main act, Vic's the compere, Andy's the barman, Jill & Casey are the chorus girls and Johnno's the entertainment  ;D

You're lad sounds like mine, he staggers home at silly O'clock all the time.  Like you and as usual we stay in although at the last minute we may just pop into Liverpool to see if there are any fireworks, if they don't we'll probably just park at the Prom and watch those on the Wirral.
Ha I'd be too busy drinking to serve ;)

Quiet night for me tomorrow, there's a few of us going to me sisters, can't be bothered with the pub and the queues at the bar with all the once a year drinkers.

I used to love New Years Eve, but it ain't the same no more, half these younguns don't even know the words to auld lang syne.
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10608 on: December 31, 2010, 12:06:43 am »
the horns from the ships - remember standing in me mums back yard many a time to listen to them bringing in the new year - seem less every year - of course being dark and 6 foot they also made me bring  a piece of coal into the house and the neighbours - what the hell is that about?
Here you go mate...

New Year's Eve - A Brief History

To most of us New Year’s Eve is a big party night to welcome the new year in. But where did the tradition come from?

Since the dark ages in Celtic countries New Year’s Eve has always been celebrated and more so than at Christmas. Bonfires were lit and kept burning all night to ward off evil spirits and to encourage the sun to return. This symbolised the burning of the old year out.

Before 1600, celebrations were practised on 6th January, but in 1600, the 1st January officially became New Year Day and became included in the Yuletide celebrations.

We still get dressed up on New Year’s Eve, but these days it’s party wear. Historically it was customary on New Year’s Eve for people to walk the town and houses carrying cow hides and chanting rhymes in Gaelic, whilst beating skins with sticks and striking walls of houses with clubs to keep hostile spirits at a bay.

It was also customary to place a silver coin outside the house on New Year’s Eve. If the coin was still there the following day it would indicate a prosperous year ahead.
This led to the custom of placing a piece of coal, a piece of bread and a silver sixpence outside the house for good luck and prosperity. New Year was also the focal point for all household and business tasks to be completed.

First footing was also an old custom and is still practised today on New Year’s Eve. This is where the Old Year is let out through the back door and the New Year let in through the front door at the chimes of midnight. It was, and still is, custom that the first person at the New Year to pass over the threshold should be a dark haired male bringing coal or whisky for luck in the New Year.

The celebration of New Year’s Eve, or Hogmanay (Moon of the Hag), is worldwide and millions of people from around the world, particularly in Edinburgh, London and New York, gather together to celebrate the new year in to the Robert Burns song ‘Auld Lang Syne’ which means for old time sake.

So now you know! Happy New Year to you and enjoy all those New Year’s Eve parties.

Offline Redeye

• Kopite
  • 31/1/59 Sunderland 3-1 Wheeler Bimpson Morris
« Reply #10609 on: December 31, 2010, 12:13:16 am »
As I remember it, Paisley was uneasy after taking over the reins, that Bill used to turn up at training and the players, naturally, still referred to him as "the boss". Shanks was even quoted as saying, at the time, about "giving an overcoat away, but now wanting it back." It was a difficult situation for Bob, who was trying to make his own mark on the team.

Roll forward a decade or two, and it's Bob who is criticising Kenny saying his team was the worst Liverpool side in 50 years. Paisley, then a director, was disciplined by the board but not sacked and of course Kenny's team went on to win the double.
"Everybody at Anfield hopes that in the not too distant future Bill Shankly will lead the club back to the First Division - and also to a Cup Final victory."

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10610 on: December 31, 2010, 12:13:59 am »
can't really complain about mine,sound lad and a few on here have met him,even John Mac but not sure if he'd remember. ;)

We get to see the fireworks from the back garden normally but this year we can watch through the hole in the roof... :P

Yeah same here Pheeny, he's a good lad no drugs or anything like that, works hard and has a nagging mum who worries about his liver. 

You should get Andy round to fix your roof before he starts his new job maybe even do you a skylight too  :)

Pheeny

« Reply #10611 on: December 31, 2010, 12:16:33 am »
Yeah same here Pheeny,
feel free to call me Tony but don't let them young uns know. ;)

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10612 on: December 31, 2010, 12:20:10 am »
Ha I'd be too busy drinking to serve ;)

And that young Andrew is why you were made a barman, you've now just promoted yourself to head barman.   :-*

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #10613 on: December 31, 2010, 12:31:55 am »
I miss the youngens falling in at silly o'clock.  The lad would always set off the fire alarm cooking something, which would set the dogs off howling.  Now I'll be lucky if I'm still awake at midnight.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #10614 on: December 31, 2010, 12:34:38 am »
I should just about be getting up for me second piss by midnight.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10615 on: December 31, 2010, 12:35:26 am »
feel free to call me Tony but don't let them young uns know. ;)
Don't worry Tony we'll tell them nothing mate.

There must be a few on a ASBO after last night anyway, I've just been out there it's like World War 3 ain't it, I don't envy any mods job at this time, god help youse if we get beat Saturday ;D

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10616 on: December 31, 2010, 12:38:06 am »
I miss the youngens falling in at silly o'clock.  The lad would always set off the fire alarm cooking something, which would set the dogs off howling.  Now I'll be lucky if I'm still awake at midnight.
Lucky you I'll have matchsticks under me eyes at 5am to phone me missus in the States  to wish her Happy New Year. What number piss will you be on by then Doc ;) good to see you on the mend mate.

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #10617 on: December 31, 2010, 12:40:49 am »

A lot comes from the huge Scottish contingent in the previous generations
Bringing luck into the house and cementing neighbourly relationships.

Nobody seems to do it any more

Miss the ships hooting the year in
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10618 on: December 31, 2010, 12:43:15 am »

The secret is casey have either a power nap or a full blown afternoon one.  I'm way passed my normal bedtime and only been on here late this week because I'm off work.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10619 on: December 31, 2010, 12:43:32 am »
Lucky you I'll have matchsticks under me eyes at 5am to phone me missus in the States  to wish her Happy New Year. What number piss will you be on by then Doc ;) good to see you on the mend mate.

I'll still be hiding under the blankets - I still have this morbid fear that Andy Stewart will jump out from behind the wardrobe singing, "You take the High Road".
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #10620 on: December 31, 2010, 12:44:37 am »
Right can I have peoples opinions on Talk Shite.Do you think we should allow threads/links to them?

John Mac covers it.

But never forget that they are deliberately controversial to wind people up; it sells advertising by drawing attention. Doesn't even have to make sense.
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10621 on: December 31, 2010, 12:44:47 am »
Here you go mate...

New Year's Eve - A Brief History

To most of us New Year’s Eve is a big party night to welcome the new year in. But where did the tradition come from?

Since the dark ages in Celtic countries New Year’s Eve has always been celebrated and more so than at Christmas. Bonfires were lit and kept burning all night to ward off evil spirits and to encourage the sun to return. This symbolised the burning of the old year out.

Before 1600, celebrations were practised on 6th January, but in 1600, the 1st January officially became New Year Day and became included in the Yuletide celebrations.

We still get dressed up on New Year’s Eve, but these days it’s party wear. Historically it was customary on New Year’s Eve for people to walk the town and houses carrying cow hides and chanting rhymes in Gaelic, whilst beating skins with sticks and striking walls of houses with clubs to keep hostile spirits at a bay.

It was also customary to place a silver coin outside the house on New Year’s Eve. If the coin was still there the following day it would indicate a prosperous year ahead.
This led to the custom of placing a piece of coal, a piece of bread and a silver sixpence outside the house for good luck and prosperity. New Year was also the focal point for all household and business tasks to be completed.

First footing was also an old custom and is still practised today on New Year’s Eve. This is where the Old Year is let out through the back door and the New Year let in through the front door at the chimes of midnight. It was, and still is, custom that the first person at the New Year to pass over the threshold should be a dark haired male bringing coal or whisky for luck in the New Year.

The celebration of New Year’s Eve, or Hogmanay (Moon of the Hag), is worldwide and millions of people from around the world, particularly in Edinburgh, London and New York, gather together to celebrate the new year in to the Robert Burns song ‘Auld Lang Syne’ which means for old time sake.

So now you know! Happy New Year to you and enjoy all those New Year’s Eve parties.

Top man  - now  I know why I used to weave down the centre of prescott road pissed as a rat singing Sloop John B - it was me celtic roots..........

happy new year to you lad
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10622 on: December 31, 2010, 12:44:54 am »
I'll still be hiding under the blankets - I still have this morbid fear that Andy Stewart will jump out from behind the wardrobe singing, "You take the High Road".

And Roy take the Low Road and
He'll be in London before ya

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10623 on: December 31, 2010, 12:47:16 am »

I'm going to be lying awake in bed all night now with that tune going around me head.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10624 on: December 31, 2010, 12:49:25 am »
I'm going to be lying awake in bed all night now with that tune going around me head.

:lmao

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10625 on: December 31, 2010, 12:50:04 am »
Top man  - now  I know why I used to weave down the centre of prescott road pissed as a rat singing Sloop John B - it was me celtic roots..........

happy new year to you lad
Happy New Year to you too...

And a Happy New Year to all the other fellow Auld Arses, hope 2011 is good to all of you and your families.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #10626 on: December 31, 2010, 12:52:47 am »

Could be worse.....like.....Donald where's your troosers.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10627 on: December 31, 2010, 12:56:02 am »
I should just about be getting up for me second piss by midnight.

I can feel another stroke coming on now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:59:10 am by Jagged Princess »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10628 on: December 31, 2010, 12:56:38 am »

NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10629 on: December 31, 2010, 01:01:31 am »
Happy New Year to you too...

And a Happy New Year to all the other fellow Auld Arses, hope 2011 is good to all of you and your families.

I'll echo Andy's thoughts to you all too and hope that 2011 brings you good health and happiness.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10630 on: December 31, 2010, 01:15:52 am »
Right then I'll kick it off.... What's everyone's New Years Resolution and how long do you hope to keep it up.

Mine is I'm only gonna smoke after a meal..... I reckon come March I should be down to 40 dinners a day :P

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10631 on: December 31, 2010, 01:17:10 am »
it's still 2010. just saying. old bastards ;)
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10632 on: December 31, 2010, 01:27:10 am »
Right then I'll kick it off.... What's everyone's New Years Resolution and how long do you hope to keep it up.

Mine is I'm only gonna smoke after a meal..... I reckon come March I should be down to 40 dinners a day :P

That's my vice too Andy, really do have to pack them in.  Hubby managed it last New Year with just will power.  Now I regret not sticking to it then, 'cos now like him I've got to do it all on my own, whether I manage it is a different matter. 

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #10633 on: December 31, 2010, 01:51:00 am »
;D

I fucking love this thread..

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #10634 on: December 31, 2010, 01:54:53 am »
That's my vice too Andy, really do have to pack them in.  Hubby managed it last New Year with just will power.  Now I regret not sticking to it then, 'cos now like him I've got to do it all on my own, whether I manage it is a different matter. 
[/

JP   really try if you can.  I never thought i would after so many tries, but  Having had 2 mini strokes and a life saving operation last year i just had to take stock of things.That was  last years resolution . It took me from the January to the March, stopping and starting  but i had my last  cigarrette in March. I smoked nearly 60 a day,  NOT good and im paying the price of that now. So give it JP, you wont be sorry.    This years  resolution is to buy a new home for myself. So heres  hoping
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #10635 on: December 31, 2010, 01:55:47 am »
To answer Pheeny's question, I'm playing at the Gladstone Libs in Tranmere tomorrow night.
Sponsored by Beck's..   :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10636 on: December 31, 2010, 01:56:24 am »
  As you can see i havnt got used to the quote insertions yet

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10637 on: December 31, 2010, 02:00:53 am »
  I usually go up Trafalgar Square , but  i will be toasting in the new year with my bottle of  baileys  at my daughters his year.

Offline Stanno06

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Scouse not English
« Reply #10638 on: December 31, 2010, 02:06:45 am »
Just come in from the battlefield.

Hey Terry do you do any Buddy Holly in your set or is he to cool for you  ;)
"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died" - American Graffiti

www.plasma-metal-art.com

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10639 on: December 31, 2010, 02:18:24 am »
I packed them in for 4 years once then just started again, it's mad I know, gonna deffo give it another go this year though. Last time I stopped I just gave up but I've tried a few things abd can't seem to do it now. I tried the patches but they was murder to light :)