Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1520035 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #3000 on: May 14, 2013, 09:25:38 pm »

Are you still skinning them up?
;)  I understand your point about the away atmosphere (in more sense than one), but I understand peoples concerns mate.

I haven't a strong opinion either way except I understand if people that are engulfed feel pissed off by it.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3001 on: May 14, 2013, 09:35:33 pm »
people don't get banned just for having a different opinion (apart from tories, racists, homophobes etc.)

Fucking spoilsports. That's why I have to divide my time between here and the "Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson Is Boss" website.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #3002 on: May 14, 2013, 09:35:41 pm »
I'm asthmatic, had to have a blast on the old blue wonder when the smoke bomb went off in the Kop vs Everton. If I didn't have that with me, I'd have had an attack and missed the match.

But that was probably worsened by the fact theres a big fuck off roof on the Kop. Should be open topped stands only imo.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3003 on: May 14, 2013, 09:54:31 pm »
First of all I want to say that I do think that the affect of the smoke bombs looks great.  I can remember standing on the kop back in the early 80s on a European night, I think we were playing Panathinaikos (it was a long time ago).  I can remember being in awe of their fans down the other end with their flares etc - it looked fantastic.

Good memory there mate..was indeed Panathanaikos. Semi final first leg 85. Was a cracking display. Turned the entire Annie Road end green. Brought more fans to Anfield than I'd ever seen at a euro game. Swapped a half and half bobble hat for a scarf with one of their fans after the game walking down Utting Avenue.

Shows how boss pyro is that I can remember that distinctly 28 years later

I personally love it
We're not going to be able to keep it up much longer though as the authorities are going to clamp down on it...and not idle threats like at Newcastle and Fulham. A shame IMO but can see a few lads getting busted for carrying them in

On the dangers...a smell of cordite in the air (if that's what it is) soon passes and Id be intrigued to see the genuine medical proof that it causes asthma attacks when used in open air..kinda like going to a big council fireworks display and the smoke drifts over is what I liken it to and don't see them getting banned

Did see a young lad (8 or 9)at Reading in buckets of tears but think that was because of the bangs and the general mayhem going on at that game in particular...would hate to have that lad discouraged as genuine fan for years to come but as mean as this may sound that's football..I loved that noise and mayhem when I started going around his age and I'm still hear all these years later

Flares look cooler but there are a couple of dangers with them. Obviously avoid touching or being touched by the flame...again as others have pointed out they  are designed to be held at sea or in other places you need to make yourself known so held at the right end not pointed at anyone no worries..they do drip a touch around the edge so need to be held at the right angle to not drip onto others clothing...that alone doesn't set clothing alight..more likely to cause a blimhole like burn
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3004 on: May 14, 2013, 10:16:25 pm »
Been to 3 aways this season, took my 7 year old lad to all 3,........... he loved them so much.......he bought the tee shirt ;D

Forget the t-shirt... look at the cup he's won!!!
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We See Things They'll Never See
« Reply #3005 on: May 14, 2013, 10:28:51 pm »
the smoke bombs are great, theyre pretty harmless and they make a great atmosphere, its got to a point at home games where you wonder why you even bother going £50 and the atmosphere is no better than watching it in the pub.

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3006 on: May 14, 2013, 10:47:56 pm »
They do look boss especially within a fantastic atmosphere but it will only take one jail term conviction/a child hospitalised for it to all stop. I'm sure the Police will have identified the lads setting them off yesterday and hopefully anyone caught will only get a slap on the wrist. Allocation wise could be cut but it depends on how other clubs are viewing them. Someone mentioned at Reading that the stewards weren't fussed at all but one club can vary from another. It seems to be a trend catching on though - Everton and also Watford yesterday when Deeney scored the winner someone let of a flare.

yeah they wernt assed at all at reading, someone had one of them proper flares during half time and the stewards just left it.

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3007 on: May 14, 2013, 10:50:08 pm »
This will be the problem and why it'll get stamped out.

When it first started it was two or three during the whole game. Now it's 10+.

Once more clubs start, and they will, and once they all try to out do each other with bigger, longer or more, or worst yet start with flares, etc. the police will get tougher on it.

probably more to do with it being last game of the season so they were all getting rid of the ones they have left why so many went off at Fulham

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #3008 on: May 15, 2013, 10:19:37 am »
Good memory there mate..was indeed Panathanaikos. Semi final first leg 85. Was a cracking display. Turned the entire Annie Road end green. Brought more fans to Anfield than I'd ever seen at a euro game. Swapped a half and half bobble hat for a scarf with one of their fans after the game walking down Utting Avenue.

Shows how boss pyro is that I can remember that distinctly 28 years later

I personally love it

Thanks for that, it was  the semi final - it amazing how things stick in your mind years later
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3009 on: May 15, 2013, 11:21:05 am »
I think its brilliant. Fulham more was used than usual, last away though so fair enough.

As long as we don't get our allocation cut or anything stupid like that, the people bringing them in are the only ones at risk of getting punished - they are willing to take that risk for a good party so fair enough

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3010 on: May 15, 2013, 12:00:54 pm »
Got to be honest and say I love them. The young lads bringing a bit of excitement back to the match, saw the Fulham end and wished I was there. In the old days I got banged on the head from one of those dangerous toilet rolls thrown from the Kop as a kid. lost a tooth after getting hit in the face by a rattle, and tripped over a silk scarf  soaked in piss, so I'm ready for these dangerous pyro's.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3011 on: May 15, 2013, 12:10:28 pm »
I can't see the game, they smell of smell, I can never find the parachutist and we're meant to smoke green, not red.

Other than that, I'd still ban them.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3012 on: May 15, 2013, 12:38:55 pm »
No smoke, no singing and sitting down?

Watch it at home must sounds more appealing to some.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3013 on: May 15, 2013, 02:18:52 pm »
The young lads are great. Long may it continue.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #3014 on: May 15, 2013, 11:21:44 pm »
purple smoke bombs seen in the amsterdam arena tonight i wonder if thats mentioned on the telly or in the media.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3015 on: May 15, 2013, 11:26:00 pm »
purple smoke bombs seen in the amsterdam arena tonight i wonder if thats mentioned on the telly or in the media.

Surpised they didn't have silly string bought for them by the club, the fucking plastic twats.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3016 on: May 15, 2013, 11:29:23 pm »
Totally against flares and smokebombs. You just have to see how some people react to them to know they aren't safe. Plus I heard a couple of Reds got hurt at the match by one of my mates that went and I've seen people burnt before off flares.

Dangerous. Stupid. Don't care what they look like. Our away support is good enough as it is - passion, songs, humour and joy. That's what it should be. Not shit that can hurt our own fans or anyone else.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3017 on: May 15, 2013, 11:29:31 pm »

Both blue shite had over with the colour.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #3018 on: May 16, 2013, 02:41:15 am »
No smoke, no singing and sitting down?

Watch it at home must sounds more appealing to some.
Exactly my thoughts.
People don't want to stand, don't want to sing and don't want to use smoke to make an atmosphere... so why in the hell are they there then?  :no
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #3019 on: May 16, 2013, 09:02:14 am »
Exactly my thoughts.
People don't want to stand, don't want to sing and don't want to use smoke to make an atmosphere... so why in the hell are they there then?  :no

erm - to watch the match

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3020 on: May 16, 2013, 09:03:44 am »

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #3021 on: May 16, 2013, 09:22:29 am »
  TV mate

look - I dont mind the smoke bombs - see my post earlier in thread about a game at Anfield in the 80s.  But people have the right to go and watch the match - end of.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #3022 on: May 16, 2013, 09:42:05 am »

In all honesty Im a regular away match goer an Season ticket holder aswell Im 24 years old an been travelling with the reds since i was 17 and I love the smoke bombs and the pyro's they have increased an already brilliant away following to a monumentous one! By having them they are creating nationwide news when we play away "Oh here is the Liverpool lads with the smoke bombs" and anyone who goes the away's will know that it gives everyone a boost and sense of togetherness just from a bit of red smoke, they are fantastic and aswell 100% harmless. Bring on next season

NO PYRO NO PARTY!

Offline YorkieRed9

• Main Stander
  • Pain is a weakness escaping the body Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3023 on: May 16, 2013, 12:25:46 pm »

In all honesty Im a regular away match goer an Season ticket holder aswell Im 24 years old an been travelling with the reds since i was 17 and I love the smoke bombs and the pyro's they have increased an already brilliant away following to a monumentous one! By having them they are creating nationwide news when we play away "Oh here is the Liverpool lads with the smoke bombs" and anyone who goes the away's will know that it gives everyone a boost and sense of togetherness just from a bit of red smoke, they are fantastic and aswell 100% harmless. Bring on next season

NO PYRO NO PARTY!

Unfortunately that is not the case. Opinion will always be divided and IMO anything that carries warnings about safe use or needs ignition, unless necessary should not be in a crowded football stand (as much as I do think it looks good)

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #3024 on: May 16, 2013, 12:29:05 pm »
Unfortunately that is not the case. Opinion will always be divided and IMO anything that carries warnings about safe use or needs ignition, unless necessary should not be in a crowded football stand (as much as I do think it looks good)

Well lets all use Chelsea plastic flags instead then shall we?

Offline YorkieRed9

• Main Stander
« Reply #3025 on: May 16, 2013, 12:35:31 pm »
Well lets all use Chelsea plastic flags instead then shall we?
Not what I suggested at all, what does that have to do with anything?

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #3026 on: May 16, 2013, 12:43:57 pm »
Not what I suggested at all, what does that have to do with anything?

The red smoke canisters that get used are totally and utterly harmless and safe for anyone to use. So really dont see what certain people have an issue with to be honest

Offline YorkieRed9

• Main Stander
« Reply #3027 on: May 16, 2013, 12:54:09 pm »
The red smoke canisters that get used are totally and utterly harmless and safe for anyone to use. So really dont see what certain people have an issue with to be honest
I take the point with the actual use of the canisters. I think it is the affect that the smoke has on people that is causing the concern. Flares are a totally different issue too with obvious burn concerns.
Whichever way you look at it the club have stated (adhering to law) that they should not be used. The continued use of both smoke and flares will only result in authorities making life hard down the line.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #3028 on: May 16, 2013, 12:57:14 pm »
pyro- phobes the fuckin lot of ya
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3029 on: May 16, 2013, 01:50:56 pm »
I take the point with the actual use of the canisters. I think it is the affect that the smoke has on people that is causing the concern. Flares are a totally different issue too with obvious burn concerns.
Whichever way you look at it the club have stated (adhering to law) that they should not be used. The continued use of both smoke and flares will only result in authorities making life hard down the line.

Best enjoy it while we can then :D
AMF

Offline fizzyp

• Kopite
  • those were the days my friend.
« Reply #3030 on: May 16, 2013, 02:18:41 pm »

Everyone has opinion but what facts are there about smoke bombs being dangerous if used in an open stadium ?

Please let me know as you seem to know something but dont say in your post

Have you seen some of the things that go on in europe ?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:20:37 pm by fizzyp »
The Boss is fucking boss!

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3031 on: May 16, 2013, 02:33:24 pm »
We seem to be going round in circles here between those that think the pyro is boss, to those who think they're boss but dangerous, and those who think they are shite, dangerous and need to be stopped.

Offline YorkieRed9

• Main Stander
« Reply #3032 on: May 16, 2013, 03:06:40 pm »
Everyone has opinion but what facts are there about smoke bombs being dangerous if used in an open stadium ?

Please let me know as you seem to know something but dont say in your post

Have you seen some of the things that go on in europe ?

I have seen some of the things in Europe yes but I dont think that that quantifies them as being safe. I do not recall claiming to know any facts about the danger of smoke in a stadium, I just gave my opinion.

Offline The Crimson Pirate

• Anny Roader
    • Red All Over The Land
« Reply #3033 on: May 16, 2013, 03:58:28 pm »
First smoke bomb I saw Liverpool use was in the 3-1 win over Arsenal at Wembley in 79. Just after Terry McDermott scored. Big red one came out of our end onto the running track.

It looked boss.
Commander in the Continuity K.F.S.

http://www.raotl.co.uk

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3034 on: May 16, 2013, 04:54:20 pm »
Guy fawkes was a Scouser.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Stanno06

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Scouse not English
« Reply #3035 on: May 16, 2013, 05:06:33 pm »

That explains the governments completely over the top reaction to his slight misdemeanor  ;)
"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died" - American Graffiti

www.plasma-metal-art.com

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3036 on: May 16, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »
I genuinely asked if these "pyros" were dangerous and I didn't mention anybodies age, the lad who answered gave me some abuse. I have been a Liverpool supporter for 63 years and the only places I had seen this "pyros" were in South America and Eastern Europe. I wasn't worried about you or your friends being called yobs, I was worried about all the supporters being called yobs. In the days when Liverpool supporters made their name as the finest and fairest supporters, we created atmosphere with songs, great humour, shouting, cheering our team on. Granted this was in the days before Sky stole the game from under our very noses but I doubt that you and your friends will get it back setting off "pyros"

and that's me finished on this subject.

I'm arsed even reading back one page, but I don't recall anyone criticising the fans?

It was more to do with this post. Fair enough everybody has their own opinion on pyros but it seems a bit arsey saying our away lads can't create an atmosphere without some bombs and flares.

It seems we are getting a group of fans who call themselves "The Ultras" who can't make a good atmosphere by singing and shouting and a large dose of humour, they need smoke bombs and flares, apparently smoke bombs are boss, it wont be long before we are all called yobs, the media will be pissing themselves with the excitement of being able to jump on our case and slate us.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3037 on: May 16, 2013, 05:11:45 pm »

"The only man ever to enter the Houses of Parliament with honest intentions".

George Bernard Shaw.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #3038 on: May 16, 2013, 05:51:48 pm »
I believe they are also worried they can obscure the exit signs and cause a panic.
Is this a serious response?  I find it very hard to believe that you're being serious here.

The smoke can obscure the exit signs and cause a panic?  Do you really think that 30-40 000 side characters from early video games attend football matches?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3039 on: May 16, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »
I have seen some of the things in Europe yes but I dont think that that quantifies them as being safe. I do not recall claiming to know any facts about the danger of smoke in a stadium, I just gave my opinion.

I think the point he's making, is that if they were harmful there would surely be some information somewhere that explains what the risk is, what causes the risk and what the short term and long term effects would be. I searched all over the place and couldn't find anything.

What we seem to have is people looking at the smoke and assuming it must be dangerous because smoke from fires is dangerous.

Whether or not smoke bombs are dangerous is not a matter of opinion. The fact that they are sold for use by the public and are designed to be used in paint-balling etc for people to conceal themselves and walk through, suggests there is no risk, or at least no significant risk. Therefore it's up to you to demonstrate what the risks are.

And the fact that they are banned does not prove they are dangerous. All liquids in bottles over 100ml are banned on flights - not because all liquids are dangerous, but as a catch-all to deal with those that are.

In some ways, banning them is a greater risk to safety than allowing 'stadium-safe' smoke bombs into the grounds, as it increases the risk that some muppet will smuggle a firework in.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.