Author Topic: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)  (Read 497009 times)

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)
« Reply #1360 on: September 17, 2016, 07:01:24 am »
You mean like they do already?

Yes, it's obviously a problem and having them locked down in European games means you will still have the same problem.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
Re: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)
« Reply #1361 on: September 17, 2016, 09:03:24 am »
You mean like they do already?

I think he was answering my question about if the metal seats are 'down' during a European game when you're standing anyway, might you not get that metal seat in your back from celebrating a goal.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1362 on: September 17, 2016, 09:19:27 am »
I think he was answering my question about if the metal seats are 'down' during a European game when you're standing anyway, might you not get that metal seat in your back from celebrating a goal.

Back? You'd have to be about 3ft tall for that to happen!

Are they actually locked down, or just unlocked?

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1363 on: September 17, 2016, 09:27:43 am »

I have the impression the seats are higher on rail seating than current ones, do know why or where that's come from maybe it's just how they look.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1364 on: September 17, 2016, 09:29:54 am »
I have the impression the seats are higher on rail seating than current ones, do know why or where that's come from maybe it's just how they look.

They'll be at standard seating height. Certainly not much, if any, higher than that.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: September 17, 2016, 09:34:12 am »

Hahah ok. Back/Legs/Knee.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: September 17, 2016, 09:34:13 am »
They'll be at standard seating height. Certainly not much, if any, higher than that.

How high is the rail on the back of your seat/in front of you. Surely waist height or just under to stop people falling forward? If it's waist height it will be in many people's eye line when seated.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1367 on: September 17, 2016, 09:43:14 am »
How high is the rail on the back of your seat/in front of you. Surely waist height or just under to stop people falling forward? If it's waist height it will be in many people's eye line when seated.

I've mentioned that before mate, and wondered if you could have a system where the rail drops lower for seated games.

From pics I've seen the seat is standard height and the rail isn't lowered and doesn't appear to get complained about.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: September 17, 2016, 09:43:41 am »
Fair view here of both side-by-side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOvX8Si9uvM

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1369 on: September 17, 2016, 09:47:31 am »
Fair view here of both side-by-side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOvX8Si9uvM

Look similar height. Worth noting the pivot point for the standard seat is in the middle of the base, and the standing seat lowers as it opens.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1370 on: September 17, 2016, 09:49:36 am »
I just watched it again. It's actually a very good comparison with the standard seats in the back. Just imagine celebrating a goal and where you would rather be.

Love to know if helps to change the opinion of anyone on here who is wavering/unsure?

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1371 on: September 17, 2016, 09:54:30 am »
Look similar height. Worth noting the pivot point for the standard seat is in the middle of the base, and the standing seat lowers as it opens.

It's just when they are in the upright position they are higher, in that video when she pulls the seat down you'll notice the whole thing move down rather than just the bit you sit on. Thought it was deceptive.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1372 on: September 17, 2016, 09:54:36 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-QawYMcYQQ

2 mins into this vid he opens a standing seat right next to a seated one, you can see they are near enough identical height.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: September 17, 2016, 11:59:30 am »

Different stadiums have different sizes, I've found them to be generally about lower chest/stomach height and I'm 6 foot so make of that what you will
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: September 17, 2016, 09:14:07 pm »
I wouldn't say they are isolated on the issue Andy.      They'll be aware of the debate and listening to it's developments, considering things and forming opinions along the way.    Don't take that listening, gathering info and consideration process as being isolated - I myself initially opposed safe standing and although I'm more open to it now that's only come from sitting back, listening & learning to the debate unfold, mainly via RAWK (without passing comment or posting until recently).   HFSG are currently silent on the matter, yes.   Isolated they will never be.   (PS - don't forget, HFSG have been watching closely to recent developments of a certain SYP chief appealing against his dismissal from the force - see todays news feeds for the outcome of that appeal & I'm sure we'll all agree that although safe standing is an important issue the HFSG have far more important matters to engage with at present)

I hope you are right, HFSG has been and continues to be pivotal in steering the agenda round Hillsborough.   However there is an inherent danger in nailing your colours to the mast in this debate, nobody would advocate the return of terracing per Leppings Lane late 80s vintage; but the (apparent) intransigence of HFSG on this issue (even if they are listening and carefully considering) is counter productive. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline slovakscouse

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1375 on: September 19, 2016, 09:49:17 am »
Hi, I am doing a sketchup model of ARE, does anyone know about dimensions of the rail seats? Link to some pdf file or sketchup model of them would be helpful so I can fit them in to see how would that go.
http://i.imgur.com/xny5iSd.png

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #1376 on: September 19, 2016, 02:12:31 pm »
Hi, I am doing a sketchup model of ARE, does anyone know about dimensions of the rail seats? Link to some pdf file or sketchup model of them would be helpful so I can fit them in to see how would that go.
http://i.imgur.com/xny5iSd.png

http://www.fercoseating.com/shop/view/57-Railseat

This website has some info on it under the dimensions tab. Good luck with the Sketchup model.

Offline slovakscouse

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1377 on: September 19, 2016, 02:57:07 pm »
Cool, that is what I was looking for. Thanks, I'll post some renders later. :)

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #1378 on: September 21, 2016, 11:00:51 am »
Posted by Mig on RAOTL

"A week on Saturday is the SOS AGM
Up until now the SOS have not took a view on safe standing. Some members will be for it and some against. The SOS have said they will let members decide what stance we take.
My own feeling is the majority of our membership will be in favour.
The HFSG committee are 100 % against
Some none HFSG families including possibly some HJC are against.
Other leading HJC members are in favour.

Regardless the debate needs to be sensible, and respectful. Some of the stuff said the last few days on social media is in my opinion out of order, calling people who lost kids at Hillsborough c*nts and slags should not be the level we debate at.

If the SOS take a stance to support safe standing, then it could be open season, and we need to act in a way that befits the union.
Things to talk about is why we want it.
Atmosphere
Capacity
Prices (would the club even lower them)
Safer than standing in front of seats.
Etc
Etc
Etc
If people have an opposite view, then we need to listen, and debate that, and if need be educate.

It is going to open a big can of worms and the stuff over Gerry might be the tip of the iceberg.

24th September, the Sandon. Before hull."

Just in case people are planning on going to this I think the venue has changed to The Cabbage Hall Pub.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/agm-reminder

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1380 on: September 30, 2016, 09:29:46 pm »
One small step for man
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/agm-voting-results

Strongly in favour of "rail seating" myself but somewhat surprised how many are in favour from SOS vote. Probably a case of dissenting voices being the loudest.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
Strongly in favour of "rail seating" myself but somewhat surprised how many are in favour from SOS vote. Probably a case of dissenting voices being the loudest.
Not a question of dissenting voices being loudest, it's a reflection of the sensitivity of the issue in relation to our past.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh

Unless I have read it wrong it isn't a case of them being in favour of safe standing but being in favour of discussing it, investigating it, speaking to other organisations and THEN making a stance on whether they are in favour or not.

Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not a question of dissenting voices being loudest, it's a reflection of the sensitivity of the issue in relation to our past.

I'm fully aware of the sensitivity surrounding the subject but many of the comments I've read on the issue on social media are from people who are wholly against the idea.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Unless I have read it wrong it isn't a case of them being in favour of safe standing but being in favour of discussing it, investigating it, speaking to other organisations and THEN making a stance on whether they are in favour or not.

My mistake, you are correct.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
I'm fully aware of the sensitivity surrounding the subject but many of the comments I've read on the issue on social media are from people who are wholly against the idea.

It's not really directed to you, but in general, when did it become sensitive?

It certainly wasn't sensitive between 1989 and 1994, when every week the Kop would chant 'No Seats' and sing 'You'll never seat the Kop'.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Admittedly I don't pay attention to social media all that much, but from what I do see I rarely see anyone against the idea of safe standing on the Kop. Most I've seen are very much pro the idea.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
Am I reading that right, sos will consult the clubs fans as in just ours or is it saying other clubs.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
Bristol Rovers plan to install safe standing at their new stadium, Brighton are consulting to change some of their new stadium to safe standing.

Maybe it is best of the ARE redevelopment is left for a while, and others will do the work for us.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Bristol Rovers plan to install safe standing at their new stadium, Brighton are consulting to change some of their new stadium to safe standing.

Maybe it is best of the ARE redevelopment is left for a while, and others will do the work for us.

Bristol Rovers are in the 3rd division, they can install standing sections without any issues.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
Bristol Rovers are in the 3rd division, they can install standing sections without any issues.

and then get rid of them again if they get promoted.  It's all nonsense.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
and then get rid of them again if they get promoted.  It's all nonsense.

I'd assume if they sell them as seated tickets once/if they get promoted then wouldn't be an issue. I mean the seats are there so no need to get rid of them.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's not really directed to you, but in general, when did it become sensitive?

It certainly wasn't sensitive between 1989 and 1994, when every week the Kop would chant 'No Seats' and sing 'You'll never seat the Kop'.

No idea mate but i'd hazard a guess it's been an emotive subject for some since Hillsborough.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
The HFSG are vehemently against 'safe standing' and always will be, so what do LSU think consultation will achieve? Had it been called rail seating from the start it might have been okay.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
The HFSG are vehemently against 'safe standing' and always will be, so what do LSU think consultation will achieve? Had it been called rail seating from the start it might have been okay.

If you're suggesting the issue is/was all in the name then discussions could well go some way to correcting that.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
If you're suggesting the issue is/was all in the name then discussions could well go some way to correcting that.

I'm suggesting that, but the HFSG position on the matter is too entrenched now. They went to a demonstration over rail seating I think with the FSF and they basically said they don't support standing. They're not going to listen to reason, so i'm not sure why the LSU are getting involved.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I'm suggesting that, but the HFSG position on the matter is too entrenched now. They went to a demonstration over rail seating I think with the FSF and they basically said they don't support standing. They're not going to listen to reason, so i'm not sure why the LSU are getting involved.

Because it's right to consult all connected groups, especially Hillsborough related groups, to LFC before it's members vote on the matter. This doesn't mean the members don't vote the opposite to HFSG's position, but at least it will be done after having proper discussions with them.