Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2774615 times)

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61960 on: November 16, 2021, 08:13:13 am »
Two things. Gus bradley said I'm running cover 1/cover 3 after everybody like 2 high has given KC issues. Also Mahomes checked it down way more and looked to hit the quick underneath stuff.

I have been saying for a few weeks now, if Mahomes learns how to win games with 5/6 yard passes then he will tear teams apart. Everyone knows he will beat you with explosive 'rock n roll' football, so teams are shutting shop or in premier league terms 'parking the bus'. What do teams do when he can go 80 yards and chew 7 minutes and score or hit Tyreek with back to back 40 yard passes?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61961 on: November 16, 2021, 08:47:23 am »
I have been saying for a few weeks now, if Mahomes learns how to win games with 5/6 yard passes then he will tear teams apart. Everyone knows he will beat you with explosive 'rock n roll' football, so teams are shutting shop or in premier league terms 'parking the bus'. What do teams do when he can go 80 yards and chew 7 minutes and score or hit Tyreek with back to back 40 yard passes?
He done it before doing it like that. Just need to do it more constantly and even this year I think KC one game had 7 possessions and 6 TDs. It just been not been every week etc. Also I think he getting more comfortable with the OL.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #61962 on: November 16, 2021, 12:38:00 pm »
Deebo Samuel might just be the most under rated player in the NFL currently. Not you archetypical WR1 but he’s dynamite with the ball in his hands. YAC is hugely impressive.

Elijah Mitchell also looks a great pick up for 49ers. 6th round draft pick, only played in 7 games but in Top 10 for total rushing yards in NFL.

49ers were great against the Rams last night on both sides of the ball. However, the real test is the Jags next week. Can the 49ers sustain any type of form and consistency? I’m pretty doubtful the fan based on last 18 months or so. That’s despite having some really promising individual players.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61963 on: November 16, 2021, 12:39:15 pm »
Didn't see Rams losing two games in a row coming considering the starting lineups they field. Are they falling off a cliff? Sure, both Tennessee and San Francisco are capable teams but I really anticipated the Rams defence being able to contain the Titans with no Henry around and yesterday was a blowout.
Linudden.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #61964 on: November 16, 2021, 01:13:53 pm »
49ers were great against the Rams last night on both sides of the ball. However, the real test is the Jags next week. Can the 49ers sustain any type of form and consistency? I’m pretty doubtful the fan based on last 18 months or so. That’s despite having some really promising individual players.

Sorry, did you just say :
However, the real test is the Jags next week.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61965 on: November 16, 2021, 02:09:10 pm »
Sorry, did you just say :

In the sense that the 49ers got whacked by a Colt McCoy led Cardinals 2 weeks ago before beating the Rams easily.

The test isn’t necessarily The Jags. It’s about showing they can string 3, 4, 5 good performances together

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61966 on: November 16, 2021, 04:24:23 pm »
Didn't see Rams losing two games in a row coming considering the starting lineups they field. Are they falling off a cliff? Sure, both Tennessee and San Francisco are capable teams but I really anticipated the Rams defence being able to contain the Titans with no Henry around and yesterday was a blowout.

so is it fair to say that Stafford is broken and the Rams have been figured out? Thats how it works right?

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61967 on: November 16, 2021, 04:43:35 pm »
I feel that the Rams risk being a bit of an NFL galáctico scenario. Lots of big names, but their recent recruits arguably have their best days behind them. Stafford has better numbers than I anticipated but it remains to be seen whether he can keep up anything resembling early 10s form over an entire season and how someone who's never won a playoff game will react to going on the road versus Rodgers or Brady when it comes down to it.

I can't imagine a scenario where they miss the playoffs, but to win the division they need to go lights out and reset now.
Linudden.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61968 on: November 17, 2021, 11:57:12 am »
I can't imagine a scenario where they miss the playoffs, but to win the division they need to go lights out and reset now.

The Rams will definitely make the playoffs -  either as a NFC West Champs or a wild card team. Some of this may be dependent on when Murray and Hopkins return for the Cardinals.

The Ram have an interesting 2-4 weeks. A bye followed by a trip to the Packers, with the Cardinal in Week 14. With a few new players I think the bye week will help. The bye week will also help after coming off 2 losses. Going to the Packers will tell us a lot about the strength of the Rams. They have the Jaguars in Week 13 before a big game against the Cardinals in Week 14.

After those 3 games I think we'll have a strong sense of where the Rams are this year. A Super Bowl contender or maybe a team who stumble into the playoffs. Personally I think they are more Super Bowl contender than anything. Though the way their roster is constructed a key injury or 2 is likely to have more impact than for some of the other Super Bowl contenders.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61969 on: November 17, 2021, 04:59:32 pm »
The Rams will definitely make the playoffs -  either as a NFC West Champs or a wild card team. Some of this may be dependent on when Murray and Hopkins return for the Cardinals.

The Ram have an interesting 2-4 weeks. A bye followed by a trip to the Packers, with the Cardinal in Week 14. With a few new players I think the bye week will help. The bye week will also help after coming off 2 losses. Going to the Packers will tell us a lot about the strength of the Rams. They have the Jaguars in Week 13 before a big game against the Cardinals in Week 14.

After those 3 games I think we'll have a strong sense of where the Rams are this year. A Super Bowl contender or maybe a team who stumble into the playoffs. Personally I think they are more Super Bowl contender than anything. Though the way their roster is constructed a key injury or 2 is likely to have more impact than for some of the other Super Bowl contenders.

Personally, with how the years going, i cant see past Green Bay being in the Super Bowl

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61970 on: November 17, 2021, 08:41:17 pm »
Personally, with how the years going, i cant see past Green Bay being in the Super Bowl

I still think the Bucs, Cardinals and Rams are a threat to Green Bay in the NFC. That might be a bit unfair on the Cowboys, who for some reason don't convince me as potential NFC champs.

The NFC does look quite weak this season. I think the AFC is the stronger conference at present,

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61971 on: November 17, 2021, 11:17:57 pm »
The first in season Hard Knocks with the Colts premiers later today[or overnight for those of us in the UK] on HBO, not sure if or when it's going to be on in the UK though.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61972 on: November 19, 2021, 02:20:24 am »
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Brown has been accused of obtaining a fake COVID-19 vaccination card

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32662241/antonio-brown-obtained-fake-covid-19-vaccination-card-former-chef-alleges
#Sausages

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #61973 on: November 19, 2021, 08:29:27 am »
Pats looking good. Long week now to prep for the Titans.
YNWA

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61974 on: November 19, 2021, 09:12:27 am »
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Brown has been accused of obtaining a fake COVID-19 vaccination card

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32662241/antonio-brown-obtained-fake-covid-19-vaccination-card-former-chef-alleges
The NFL along with Local and Federal Law Enforcement should have no issue being able to verify if the accuracy of his vaccination card. I would be pretty surprised if before this that the teams and NFL verified any off site Covid vaccines. Considering the Vaccine cards in the US have Site plus lot number of vaccine and NFL would be able to get in the info from state health departments(NFL is the player employer and is allowed to get all the players Health records)
Evander Kane got 21 games in the NHL for this which is basically 25% of the season. 82/4=20.5 so just rounded up for a 25% .https://businessmirror.com.ph/2021/11/19/nhl-suspends-evander-kane-21-games-for-covid-violations/

I want more info on his vaccine card stuff. Seems the chef is not happy and he didn't pay him.
Also this was funny. https://twitter.com/Piefan83/status/1461491040167235588

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61975 on: November 19, 2021, 09:38:24 am »
Pats looking good. Long week now to prep for the Titans.

Haven't conceded a point in something like the last 20 drives now!

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61976 on: November 19, 2021, 09:44:17 am »
It's almost like grumpy old bill and mcdaniels know what they're doing.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61977 on: November 19, 2021, 03:00:42 pm »
It's almost like grumpy old bill and mcdaniels know what they're doing.

Mac Jones has been good for them. Lot of pre-draft negativity around Mac Jones and his dynamism in an NFL setting.

I think it’s fair to say that Jones has been the best rookie QB this season so far. He arguably has the most advantageous situation to shine in the short term but he’s still been the best nonetheless. I don’t think he’ll end up the best QB long term out of the current rookies but Mac Jones has certainly show he belongs at an NFL level.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61978 on: November 19, 2021, 03:04:37 pm »
Mac Jones has been good for them. Lot of pre-draft negativity around Mac Jones and his dynamism in an NFL setting.

I think it’s fair to say that Jones has been the best rookie QB this season so far. He arguably has the most advantageous situation to shine in the short term but he’s still been the best nonetheless. I don’t think he’ll end up the best QB long term out of the current rookies but Mac Jones has certainly show he belongs at an NFL level.

I'd say that's not even up for debate right now.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61979 on: November 19, 2021, 03:26:25 pm »
I'd say that's not even up for debate right now.

Agreed.

I think Justin Fields has been progressively getting better but not currently at Jones level. Lawrence is in a difficult situation, surrounded by few offensive weapons and an unimaginative OC. Wilson has struggled massively in a poor team. Lance has hardly played, and probably won’t unless Jimmy G gets injured or 49ers fall out of playoff picture.

Jones has done really well. Fields and Lawrence reasonably well so far.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61980 on: November 19, 2021, 03:29:30 pm »
Lance isn't ready. The other 3 are in bad situations.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61981 on: November 19, 2021, 03:40:34 pm »
Lance isn't ready. The other 3 are in bad situations.

The issue for Trey Lance is game time. Played 1 or 2 games last season due to Covid and will have limited game time this season. One way or another the 49ers need to find a way to get him regular starts in 2022.

The difficulty they have here is that Jimmy G is playing pretty well this season. They may have to cut/trade Jimmy G to help Lance and free up 25M for looming extensions for Samuel and Bosa. Them 2 players, along with Warner and Kittle, are probably the cornerstones of the 49ers roster for next 3-4 years.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61982 on: November 19, 2021, 03:44:08 pm »

That's exactly right.  Jones doesn't have a high ceiling (physical limitations and all that), but he's a top decision maker.  Always has been.  Plays it very safe.  I'll never forget his intentional grounding when scrambled for a second and then spiked the ball against the Jets ;D  Not going to take any unnecessary risks.  He's in a good situation where they can also begin to open things up for him.  It's a good landing spot for him.

Lawrence has everything but is in a bad situation.  His numbers are pretty meh for the hype, but that's no problem for me given his situation.  It'll get better for him.  Lance is just raw, and it'll take some time.  Fields will get better too.  Wilson has the arm talent but can't do enough of the basics right now.

I think it'll still be overall a good class when we look back on it.  Mac could end up the most successful, but we'll see how it goes.
King Kenny.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #61983 on: November 21, 2021, 07:16:47 pm »
Colts blowing the Bills out, Bill and the Patriots must be laughing their arses off.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61984 on: November 21, 2021, 08:11:53 pm »
Entertaining game between the Packers and Vikings. 17 - 23 at the end of the third quarter.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61985 on: November 21, 2021, 08:12:26 pm »
looks like the titans can only lose to the shittest teams in the league.

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #61986 on: November 21, 2021, 08:22:50 pm »
 Bills :lmao

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61987 on: November 21, 2021, 08:22:51 pm »
God help those facing Jonathan Taylor in fantasy this week.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #61988 on: November 21, 2021, 08:29:41 pm »

All 4 of my opponents in NFL fantasy have him…. Urgh

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61989 on: November 21, 2021, 09:55:51 pm »
not sure what jason bell has on his feet tonight.

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #61990 on: November 21, 2021, 10:09:29 pm »
Effin' taunting calls this season :butt

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61991 on: November 21, 2021, 10:11:43 pm »
Effin' taunting calls this season :butt

the player's an idiot. regardless of the rule being overzealous everyone knows that's going to be flagged.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #61992 on: November 22, 2021, 09:25:03 am »

What about those who faced both him AND Ekeler?

:lmao

Offline fintanmar

• Main Stander
« Reply #61993 on: November 22, 2021, 04:12:05 pm »
Green Bay Packers lose starting OL Elgton Jenkins to season-ending torn ACL

Another injury for The Packers

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61994 on: November 22, 2021, 05:34:59 pm »
What about those who faced both him AND Ekeler?

:lmao
I am glad I have both.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #61995 on: November 22, 2021, 06:23:09 pm »
Green Bay Packers lose starting OL Elgton Jenkins to season-ending torn ACL

Another injury for The Packers

It's getting to be like Liverpool last season  :'(

At least Bakhtiari is back soon.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #61996 on: November 23, 2021, 05:27:55 am »
I faced Herbert, Ekeler, Taylor, Davante Adams, Zach Ertz and Jake Elliott in one game. I got absolutely fucked! lol

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61997 on: November 23, 2021, 06:31:44 pm »
Giants are going to fire OC Jason Garrett
#Sausages

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61998 on: November 23, 2021, 06:33:50 pm »
Giants are going to fire OC Jason Garrett
Baffling how long he lasted as HC at the Cowboys.

Guy is stealing a living, i hope we can fire Joe Judge as well.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61999 on: November 23, 2021, 06:40:19 pm »
first coach-related firing of the season that.