Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2774786 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61880 on: November 9, 2021, 04:55:08 am »
I think the NFC might have two/three of the best teams in the whole league but the AFC seems alot deeper and more competitive.
Idk who a super bowl contender in the AFC, I can put 4 from the NFC right now. Bills is probably on contender right now in AFC, Titans where not good offensively vs Rams so not sure right now them.
But Arizona, Green Bay, Rams, TB, Dallas I could see any of them winning the NFC and the super bowl.
NFC is way more top heavy right now, AFC is still trying to figure out, who is who right now

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61881 on: November 9, 2021, 07:44:02 am »
Idk who a super bowl contender in the AFC, I can put 4 from the NFC right now. Bills is probably on contender right now in AFC, Titans where not good offensively vs Rams so not sure right now them.
But Arizona, Green Bay, Rams, TB, Dallas I could see any of them winning the NFC and the super bowl.
NFC is way more top heavy right now, AFC is still trying to figure out, who is who right now

:o

That's one hell of a stretch, in particular since they just crashed hard at home... to Denver.
Linudden.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61882 on: November 9, 2021, 08:13:03 am »

In terms of AFC, being a Chiefs fan, i am loving how wide open it is. If this Chief team clicks (Mahomes gets his Mojo back), they win the AFC - no doubt about it. The defence is starting to come together now, the main players are healthy (Jones, Mathieu, Clark etc) along with the two young LB looking real good. If there is any chance of us adding OBJ today then...

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #61883 on: November 9, 2021, 08:40:45 am »
Man, the Bears played well in a tough game. Some absolute nonsense penalties though  :butt

That taunting penalty was awful.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61884 on: November 9, 2021, 09:12:46 am »
If this Chief team clicks (Mahomes gets his Mojo back), they win the AFC

there have now been about 9 weeks of this talk, and it's not happened yet.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #61886 on: November 9, 2021, 09:23:49 am »
https://twitter.com/willbrinson/status/1457923360545988613?s=21

Absurd.

Saw that. The official needs suspending and investigating. Something dodgy going on with that guy.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #61887 on: November 9, 2021, 09:26:56 am »
No problem. Glad to share!

I think the title of the video is more of a pun referencing the Rodgers situation ("Yes, I've been immunized"). There's plenty of more Rodgers puns in there too, a fun viewing in that sense as well ;D

I don't think the guy who made the video is trying to say Love was impressive, just breaking down how the dysfunction of the Packers offense was not all on him.

Yeah, I think  he's trying to point out that it's a player starting his first NFL game who did some bad stuff, but also some good stuff, and didn't have a lot of help by his offense at times. I've only seen bits of the match on red zone and I'm far from having the insight the guy in the video has, but I would argue that you shouldn't judge a rookie too harshly after his first start.

And thanks for sharing that video, really interesting stuff...

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61888 on: November 9, 2021, 12:17:00 pm »

NFC East is a dreadful division, & Dallas will cruise to the NFC East title, although Dallas might win a wildcard playoff game, depending on who they play, but no way are they beating Tampa Bay, Arizona, LA Rams, Green Bay in the divisional or championship games, & Dallas got run over by Denver the other day, you just know Mike McCarthy is going to fuck things up too, with his dreadful game management
#Sausages

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61889 on: November 9, 2021, 12:20:36 pm »
it's a shit penalty, but at the same time why stare at the oppo sideline when you know that taunting is this year's "thing"?

dumb.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61890 on: November 9, 2021, 12:46:06 pm »
there have now been about 9 weeks of this talk, and it's not happened yet.

weeks 1-4 the Chiefs were the number 1 offence

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61891 on: November 9, 2021, 12:49:18 pm »
weeks 1-4 the Chiefs were the number 1 offence

wasn't doing them much good though was it?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61892 on: November 9, 2021, 01:34:41 pm »
wasn't doing them much good though was it?

Indeed, doesn't matter if your offence is ranked no1, when your defence is ranked no32[or ranked not far off no32 & last] & conceded an average 31.25 points a game in those first 4 weeks, look at the teams the Chiefs have beaten, so far of the teams the Chiefs have beaten only Browns & Packers have a winning record, & Packers had a QB starting his first ever NFL game[Chiefs are not winning that game had Aaron Rodgers started], most of the Chiefs wins so far this season have come against the NFC East teams, & we all know how awful the NFC East is.

#Sausages

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61893 on: November 9, 2021, 01:37:01 pm »
tuesday isn't one of my working from home days so I don't get to see angry runs much any more. a pity because it's always entertaining.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #61894 on: November 9, 2021, 01:42:39 pm »
Still a long way to go for the Niners, and both Shanahan and Lynch have credit built up.  Shanahan should definitely get next year with Trey Lance to see how it goes.  If he develops Lance, and the Niners are pushing the playoffs, all will be well.  If this year doesn't end well, and he can't get Lance going next year, it might be a major problem.  All those traded picks too.

Agree with this.

There's no way Shanahan will be getting removed from his position. The 49ers have traded multiple 1st round picks to get his QB of choice. They need to see how that plays out (probably next season) before making a call. Wouldn't make sense to do pull Shanahan at this point.

I think Lynch may be under more pressure if the 49ers finish something like 6-11. I think they'll need to be seen to be acting and changing something. The 49ers recruitment and drafting has been hit and miss over the last few season. For every Bosa , Kittle or Warner there's a Javon Kinlaw, Rueben Foster, Soloman, Thomas. Big free agent pick ups like Dee Ford, Malcom Smith and Kwon Alexander haven't really worked out. A number of this year's draft picks have been inactives in games this season. Not sure if 2nd round pick, Aaron Banks, has suited up on gamely yet despite being fit.

The 49ers as an organisation are in a much better place than pre-Shanahan and Lynch. However, it's only really manifested itself in results in 2019. The 49ers feel like they are teetering on the edge of being comfortable in the Shanahan/Lynch path versus things imploding. Next 4-6 weeks will be absolutely key. Though I think Shanahan is pretty safe. Lynch potentially less so. Maybe the co-ordinators less so.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61895 on: November 9, 2021, 01:52:40 pm »
Indeed, doesn't matter if your offence is ranked no1, when your defence is ranked no32[or ranked not far off no32 & last] & conceded an average 31.25 points a game in those first 4 weeks, look at the teams the Chiefs have beaten, so far of the teams the Chiefs have beaten only Browns & Packers have a winning record, & Packers had a QB starting his first ever NFL game[Chiefs are not winning that game had Aaron Rodgers started], most of the Chiefs wins so far this season have come against the NFC East teams, & we all know how awful the NFC East is.

Yes, this was my point. When the offence was doing good, the defence was literally the worst in the league. Defence starts improving and offence struggles. When both sides of the ball play good, the Chiefs are the number 1 team in the AFC.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #61896 on: November 9, 2021, 02:47:03 pm »
How can Rodgers scream I FUCKING OWN YOU live on tv to bears fans, Yet marsh vaguely flexes in the general direction of the sidelines and gets scooped?
Absurd is probably the right word for it.
YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #61897 on: November 9, 2021, 03:05:01 pm »
How can Rodgers scream I FUCKING OWN YOU live on tv to bears fans, Yet marsh vaguely flexes in the general direction of the sidelines and gets scooped?

It was a homeopathic scream...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61898 on: November 9, 2021, 03:55:32 pm »

the rule seems to be "don't taunt your opponent(s)" not "don't taunt the oppo fans when they abuse you"

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61899 on: November 9, 2021, 04:06:35 pm »
Rodgers was immunized from taunting penalties.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #61900 on: November 9, 2021, 04:12:36 pm »
Rodgers was immunized from taunting penalties.
;D
YNWA

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61901 on: November 9, 2021, 10:11:35 pm »
The 49ers as an organisation are in a much better place than pre-Shanahan and Lynch.
That's the thing though, are they (genuine question)? That Harbaugh team was formidable. The defense'n'all. I felt they blew that setup way too quickly.

I don't know where they stand right now. Feels like they're waiting for something to click, and injuries haven't helped either.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61902 on: November 9, 2021, 10:11:48 pm »
Rodgers crisis PR management response hasn't done the trick. He's digging himself into such a hole he'll hit the Earth's core pretty soon

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61903 on: November 10, 2021, 05:43:00 am »
Rodgers crisis PR management response hasn't done the trick. He's digging himself into such a hole he'll hit the Earth's core pretty soon

The NFL has fined the Green Bay Packers US$300,000 (about $407,000) and two of its players, quarterback Aaron Rodgers and wide receiver Allen Lazard, US$14,650 (about $20,000) each for failing to follow the COVID-19 protocols agreed on by the league and players’ union.

The penalties come about a week after Rodgers tested positive for the coronavirus and his subsequent public statements espousing false and unfounded claims about the COVID-19 vaccines and treatments. Those comments were condemned by public health officials and by some fellow athletes, but the league’s decision focused on his compliance with the rules.

Rodgers and Lazard, 25, who is also unvaccinated, were penalised for attending a Halloween party even though the COVID-19 protocols prohibit unvaccinated players from gathering outside the team facility in a group of more than three players.

Rodgers, 37, also did not wear a mask when speaking with reporters, another violation of the league’s rules.

More here:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nfl/rodgers-fined-20-000-packers-400-000-for-violating-covid-19-protocols-20211110-p597qx.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61904 on: November 10, 2021, 07:58:33 am »
:o

That's one hell of a stretch, in particular since they just crashed hard at home... to Denver.
Bad games happen. They have stud QB and very good offense. Defense is average enough.
They didn't have Smith vs Denver.
Biggest issue is McCarthy game management.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61905 on: November 10, 2021, 08:02:07 am »
In terms of AFC, being a Chiefs fan, i am loving how wide open it is. If this Chief team clicks (Mahomes gets his Mojo back), they win the AFC - no doubt about it. The defence is starting to come together now, the main players are healthy (Jones, Mathieu, Clark etc) along with the two young LB looking real good. If there is any chance of us adding OBJ today then...
AFC wide open, KC has figure it out. Not really sure on who the fav there.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61906 on: November 10, 2021, 12:25:36 pm »
I think we are a way off getting better offensively but at least the defense is looking better.

We have still have 5 divisional games. If we win 4 of them we will win the division I think.

Looks like people are starting to play the same tactics against the Bills offense as the Chiefs and Allen looks like he is struggling with it too.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61907 on: November 10, 2021, 12:33:51 pm »
I think we are a way off getting better offensively but at least the defense is looking better.

We have still have 5 divisional games. If we win 4 of them we will win the division I think.

Looks like people are starting to play the same tactics against the Bills offense as the Chiefs and Allen looks like he is struggling with it too.

whether people like to admit/agree, CEH returning is a big boost. He offers a lot more to the offense than people initially think and creates space.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #61908 on: November 10, 2021, 05:09:19 pm »
I'm a Packers fan and I feel that punishment is way too lenient.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61909 on: November 10, 2021, 08:14:12 pm »
I'm a Packers fan and I feel that punishment is way too lenient.
It is what was agreed by NFLPA/NFL before the season irc.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61910 on: November 10, 2021, 08:24:50 pm »
It’s just disappointing from Rodgers. If he’d just stated that he refuses to have the vaccine, I think people might have accepted his stance. But that awful interview where he quotes MLK..it’s bizarre.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61911 on: November 10, 2021, 08:29:19 pm »
he's been spilling some more lies as well. for instance, saying he spoke to some doctors, who then became 'some friends' including fucking rogan.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61912 on: November 10, 2021, 08:45:46 pm »
Rodgers should have been suspended for at least 1 game, with Packers docked either a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, it's that Rodgers mislead everyone on his vaccine status, if he'd just said he has an allergy to one of the ingredients in the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines & wasn't sure of the other one because of side affects, then everyone would have been ok with it, just man up.
#Sausages

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #61913 on: November 10, 2021, 09:18:32 pm »
Rodgers should have been suspended for at least 1 game, with Packers docked either a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, it's that Rodgers mislead everyone on his vaccine status, if he'd just said he has an allergy to one of the ingredients in the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines & wasn't sure of the other one because of side affects, then everyone would have been ok with it, just man up.

This, 100 times over. It's not that he's unvaccinated, it's the fact he misled the whole league intentionally and put others at risk all this time.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61914 on: November 11, 2021, 08:01:30 am »
Don't know if anyone else caught it but Osi Umenyiora had a really interesting (good) take on the Rodgers/Vaccine rules last week on the NFL Show. Im suprised BBC let it on air  :o

He was in support of Rodgers

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61915 on: November 11, 2021, 10:53:55 am »
This, 100 times over. It's not that he's unvaccinated, it's the fact he misled the whole league intentionally and put others at risk all this time.

Plus, as the NFL sanctions seem to imply, they are accounting for him spreading misinformation/lies. Baffling that that doesn't warrant a suspension.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61916 on: November 11, 2021, 10:57:31 am »
Don't know if anyone else caught it but Osi Umenyiora had a really interesting (good) take on the Rodgers/Vaccine rules last week on the NFL Show. Im suprised BBC let it on air  :o

He was in support of Rodgers

What did he actually say that was good, given that you also state he was in support of Rodgers?

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61917 on: November 11, 2021, 01:20:46 pm »
What did he actually say that was good, given that you also state he was in support of Rodgers?

It was around the idea that vaccinated positive cases are ok but unvaccinated isnt. He also mentioned he only accepted his jabs so he could fly to UK to work - that might not go down well with everyone.

Worth pointing out that this was filmed before Rodgers hole digging interview

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61918 on: November 11, 2021, 05:20:52 pm »
cam newton has gone back to the panthers.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61919 on: November 11, 2021, 08:53:40 pm »
OBJ to the Rams apparently?