Author Topic: Europa League Final - Travel etc  (Read 11734 times)

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Europa League Final - Travel etc
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:36 am »
that travelodge is a fair bit ouside of town mate,it's going to cost ye a few quid in taxi fares over the 3 days.if ye don't mind getting buses that'd be my advice,at least on the trips in to town and then just get taxis back at night.
the pub i would recommend on match day is the beggars bush,right up beside the ground.i always go there before games in landsdowne.it has a good few tables out front,great for when the weather's good.we'll more than likely be heading there next wednesday..

The Beggars Bush has one of the cheapest pints of Guinness in Dublin I reckon. My dad had a few at the Leinster match recently and they were €3.75 or €3.80, something like that. The only thing is it gets very crowded inside, there's a few nooks and crannys but it's hard to get past people as the aisles are narrow and it makes it difficult to get to the bar.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 11:39:38 am »
that travelodge is a fair bit ouside of town mate,it's going to cost ye a few quid in taxi fares over the 3 days.if ye don't mind getting buses that'd be my advice,at least on the trips in to town and then just get taxis back at night.
the pub i would recommend on match day is the beggars bush,right up beside the ground.i always go there before games in landsdowne.it has a good few tables out front,great for when the weather's good.we'll more than likely be heading there next wednesday..

Yea, I knew that when we booked it up but it was really cheap at the time. Where does the bus run from mate? Is it just a case of finding the nearest stop to the hotel and getting a ticket into town? How much are buses in Dublin?
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 11:39:47 am »
I have just picked up two CAT 3 tickets.  Am going on my own to the game so if anyone wants to join me for the match drop me a PM. 

I am heading to Dublin on Tuesday afternoon from London so can meet in Dublin or London on Tuesday before i head over. 
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 11:48:16 am »
Yea, I knew that when we booked it up but it was really cheap at the time. Where does the bus run from mate? Is it just a case of finding the nearest stop to the hotel and getting a ticket into town? How much are buses in Dublin?
about 2 euro in to town mate.
loads of busses go down that road past the travelodge,its one of the main roads in to town

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 12:13:45 pm »
theres also the train... Phoenix park station is just down the road a bit...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Travelodge&aq=0&sll=53.377876,-6.347523&sspn=0.015232,0.036521&ie=UTF8&t=h&rq=1&ev=zi&split=1&radius=0.9&hq=Travelodge&hnear=&ll=53.380794,-6.357479&spn=0.015231,0.036521&z=15

That train goes into Connolly station & Tara street which are right in the city center, and also to the stadium which is just a little further down.. You might have to change trains at one of those stations if you are going straight to the stadium, but im sure ye will head into town for some beers first.. so your not to bad off. Sure your not in an ideal location, but its fine..

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2011, 12:30:24 pm »
about 2 euro in to town mate.
loads of busses go down that road past the travelodge,its one of the main roads in to town

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Travelodge&aq=0&sll=53.377876,-6.347523&sspn=0.015232,0.036521&ie=UTF8&t=h&rq=1&ev=zi&split=1&radius=0.9&hq=Travelodge&hnear=&ll=53.380794,-6.357479&spn=0.015231,0.036521&z=15

That train goes into Connolly station & Tara street which are right in the city center, and also to the stadium which is just a little further down.. You might have to change trains at one of those stations if you are going straight to the stadium, but im sure ye will head into town for some beers first.. so your not to bad off. Sure your not in an ideal location, but its fine..

Cheers for the info chaps, much appreciated!

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2011, 01:06:18 pm »
find the right pub on the right night, and its much better... Off Licence's are cheap though, so don't avoid them.

Try this place "Diceys" http://www.russellcourthotel.ie/barsclubs.htm
Its really cheap for beer on a tuesday, i wonder will it be the night before the final though? anyway, its only a couple of quid for a beer generally  speaking.

O'Reillys is cheap also, (and i think most days) it's right underneath Tara street Train/dart station.

Plus, right near to The stadium is a huge beach, just a massive strand really, no sun bathing or nothing, but you can certainly bring a load of beers out there and drink em if its sunny.. just clean up after yourselves ;D

Thanks mate, I have been trying to help a few out with info. from google searches but it's nice to have some help from someone in the know. It seems that there are quite a few pubs about charging 4 euro or less for a pint, so not as bad as lots expected, as long as you stay away from the rip off pubs.
We are going to try O'Reilys on the tues and then how about all the Reds hitting Ryans Beggars Bush http://www.yelp.ie/biz_photos/cilu4wROOoSGoxzttLBEpQ?select=798XrFwPt-jlVGrramIeiA on matchday, as recommended by ooter 1. It would be good to meet up for a pre match piss up! See you in there GeeFJay, Acle, ooter 1 and anyone else whose interested....
If anyones walking up from Trinity College along  Lower Mount Street then theres a pub called Oil Can Harry's http://www.oilcanharrys.ie/ where lager and Guiness are both 4 euros.
Ryans Beggars Bush  location is http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4GZEZ_en-GBGB279GB279&q=beggars+bush+dublin&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Beggar's+Bush,+Co.+Dublin,+Ireland&gl=uk&ei=5svLTayWMMOq8AOu982hBA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ8gEwAA

That's my homework done, see you there boys n girls!!

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2011, 01:12:42 pm »
drop me a text matchball if you move on or find somewhere else for the wednesday, i reckon by the time i arrive on the tuesday night all the bloody pubs will be shut ::)
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2011, 01:20:06 pm »
drop me a text matchball if you move on or find somewhere else for the wednesday, i reckon by the time i arrive on the tuesday night all the bloody pubs will be shut ::)

Do you arrive at 3am!?!
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2011, 01:20:56 pm »

No problem, I will keep you informed  :)

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2011, 03:54:09 pm »
Do you arrive at 3am!?!

around 12/1am, was just basing my findings on the pub times at the begger's place :D
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2011, 04:43:22 pm »
around 12/1am, was just basing my findings on the pub times at the begger's place :D

It beggars belief what you base your findings on at times Gaz  ;D

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2011, 06:05:49 pm »
Diceys / Russel Court is best for beer on a Tuesday btw, €2 a pint and its got a really nice and spacious beer garden out the back.

PS: IF anyone is staying in Rathmines, there is a savagely cool new bar open there, its a must to check out ;D

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2011, 07:07:31 pm »

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 12:24:35 pm »

actually forgot about that train station,it's only down the road from the travelodge,about a 5 min walk.it probably would be better to get the train,especially considering the traffic restrictions that are planned for the queen's visit next week.
ye can get timetables from this website,just type Phoenix Park and Lansdowne Road in to the search bars..
http://www.irishrail.ie/home/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:27:10 pm by ooter1 »

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 12:30:28 pm »

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 12:31:20 pm »
I'm sold!
The only potential hiccup is the cup final, its possible they could raise their prices.. but perhaps email them or call in advance. :)

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2011, 11:05:29 am »
http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/beggar-s-bush-8528

Hopefully all Reds will be aiming for here on matchday......certainly plenty of us will be for sure....

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2011, 11:09:44 am »
http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/beggar-s-bush-8528

Hopefully all Reds will be aiming for here on matchday......certainly plenty of us will be for sure....
and the serve nice pints of Kronenberg 1664, or atleast the used to!

Offline scouse tony

• Main Stander
  • we're not English we are SCOUSE
    • http://www.08travel.vpweb.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2011, 12:17:52 pm »
Flying in on tuesday gonna, gonna go to beggars bush as that seems to be the place where all the reds are gonna be meeting for a pint or 15, is it a bar or is it an area like temple bar???
blessed is he who in da name of charity & good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness 4 he's truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children & i will strike down upon thee with gr8 vengeance and furious anger those who attempt 2 poison & destroy my brothers & u will know my name is the lord when i lay my vengeance upon you

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2011, 01:13:27 pm »
pints are normally about 4.70€, Guinness is a 30-40c cheaper ;D

You dont need to buy 'em in Temple bar... you can find a few good pubs on the northside of liffey with good prices.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2011, 01:17:52 pm »
Flying in on tuesday gonna, gonna go to beggars bush as that seems to be the place where all the reds are gonna be meeting for a pint or 15, is it a bar or is it an area like temple bar???
Its  bar, its next door to an old army barracks (its now gov offices and appartments, but behind a big wall). The Bar is next door to this place.

To get there, take a dart (train) to Grand Canal Station. That will take a couple of mins only. You will probably be coming from the city centre, so head south bound. When you get off at the station, walk down the steps, Google offices are right in front of you, so you turn right and walk under the bridge to the road to the T Junction, turn left and walk for about 2 mins, then turn right and its about 300 yards away on your right hand side.

Offline scouse tony

• Main Stander
  • we're not English we are SCOUSE
    • http://www.08travel.vpweb.co.uk
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2011, 06:41:06 pm »
Thanks mate, appreciate the info, do ye recon there will be many reds there?
blessed is he who in da name of charity & good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness 4 he's truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children & i will strike down upon thee with gr8 vengeance and furious anger those who attempt 2 poison & destroy my brothers & u will know my name is the lord when i lay my vengeance upon you

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2011, 07:25:22 am »
Thanks mate, I have been trying to help a few out with info. from google searches but it's nice to have some help from someone in the know. It seems that there are quite a few pubs about charging 4 euro or less for a pint, so not as bad as lots expected, as long as you stay away from the rip off pubs.
We are going to try O'Reilys on the tues and then how about all the Reds hitting Ryans Beggars Bush http://www.yelp.ie/biz_photos/cilu4wROOoSGoxzttLBEpQ?select=798XrFwPt-jlVGrramIeiA on matchday, as recommended by ooter 1. It would be good to meet up for a pre match piss up! See you in there GeeFJay, Acle, ooter 1 and anyone else whose interested....
If anyones walking up from Trinity College along  Lower Mount Street then theres a pub called Oil Can Harry's http://www.oilcanharrys.ie/ where lager and Guiness are both 4 euros.
Ryans Beggars Bush  location is http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4GZEZ_en-GBGB279GB279&q=beggars+bush+dublin&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Beggar's+Bush,+Co.+Dublin,+Ireland&gl=uk&ei=5svLTayWMMOq8AOu982hBA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ8gEwAA

That's my homework done, see you there boys n girls!!

looks like we are going to start at Oreilys on the Tuesday, should be there between 6 and 7. will hopefully meet up matchball.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2011, 07:31:28 am »

looks like we are going to start at Oreilys on the Tuesday, should be there between 6 and 7. will hopefully meet up matchball.

Yeah, will most probably be in O'Reillys about then ourselves mate....

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2011, 09:10:52 am »
Reply to my e-mail to O'Reillys below, so looking good....

Hi Gary,
many thanks for your query. We offer pretty much the best prices for
pints in the city centre. All draught pints are only €3.20 and for the
ladies, all cocktails (including freshly made mojitos) are only €5! Look
forward to seeing you.

Thanks!
Pádraig

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2011, 01:48:09 pm »
There's a bar off Aungier St that serves all pints of Guinness, Heineken and Budweiser for 3 euro, but to be honest, you'd need to be packing either a knife or a syringe.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2011, 04:40:24 pm »
Reply to my e-mail to O'Reillys below, so looking good....

Hi Gary,
many thanks for your query. We offer pretty much the best prices for
pints in the city centre. All draught pints are only €3.20 and for the
ladies, all cocktails (including freshly made mojitos) are only €5! Look
forward to seeing you.

Thanks!
Pádraig

That looks sound then! I gave Dicey's an email on Friday asking if they'd be doing 2 Euro drinks on Tuesday as normal but had no reply as yet. Fingers crossed!

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2011, 04:58:34 pm »
what times everybody getting to Beggars Bush on the Wednesday??

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2011, 06:12:02 pm »
what times everybody getting to Beggars Bush on the Wednesday??

We should be there about 2ish....

Offline Xabifan

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2011, 08:09:12 pm »
Live beside the stadium, sounds like itll be a good night!

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2011, 07:27:17 pm »
I still have a spare in the northern end behind goal sitting next to me.  Drop me a text on 07505629925.
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline Baggytrousers

• Boys Pen
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2011, 08:35:01 pm »
Three of us driving down early Wednesday afternoon. Parking at the O2, how far away is The Beggars Bush? We've one spare going - South Stand Upper Tier - face value to any Red.