Author Topic: Bucharest Roll Call  (Read 68735 times)

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
Re: Bucharest Roll Call
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2010, 03:10:35 pm »
Just read that, why the fuck is it peak time in Bucharest then? Is there a caravan convention or what?

And more importantly, how much's a pint?
about one quid apparently. Robbing bastards!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2010, 04:02:58 pm »
Just read that, why the fuck is it peak time in Bucharest then? Is there a caravan convention or what?

And more importantly, how much's a pint?
Why what's going on there?
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2010, 04:58:16 pm »
I get into Bucharest at about 8 o'clock Tuesday night. Quick Joey to the hotel, lash the bags in, should be on the piss by about, oh, say 8:15 at the latest... Anyone picked an alehouse for Tuesday night yet?
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Chris_Romania

• RAWK Romanian Correspondent
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2010, 06:17:43 pm »
Is there a caravan convention or what?

You do realize most Romanians (including myself) take that as an insult, right?

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2010, 11:40:03 pm »

Ignore him, he's a little Englander with very little knowledge of foreign climes.

Offline EveryOtherSaturday

• Main Stander
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2010, 09:55:58 am »

Have him a straightner in Bucaresti somehwere Chris.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2010, 10:52:53 am »
2 weeks until the match and no sign of the tickets, I doubt if the ticket office have received them yet. It could be another late send out.

Offline Scouser_Ste

• Hairy & Furry
  • Kopite
  • Rockin' All Over The World
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2010, 10:14:58 am »
Has anyone booked airport transfer from Bucharest airport?

There is 9 maybe 10 of us not arriving until approx 22:00 on the Tuesday night to Bucharest Baneasa Airport

Cheapest return transfer i have found is 15.50 EUROS each (9 people)

Thanks folks :-)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2010, 12:06:00 pm »
I'm getting into the other airport at the same time, Tuesday night at 7:45. I haven't looked at transfers yet. I'm on me todd so will be looking to dive in with anyone else who's on it. But 15.50 for a return isn't bad.

Offline Chris_Romania

• RAWK Romanian Correspondent
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2010, 12:51:48 pm »
Has anyone booked airport transfer from Bucharest airport?

There is 9 maybe 10 of us not arriving until approx 22:00 on the Tuesday night to Bucharest Baneasa Airport

Cheapest return transfer i have found is 15.50 EUROS each (9 people)

Thanks folks :-)

Baneasa is inside the city, you could easily jump on a bus, tram or something, without having to pay 15.50 each.
A cab from Baneasa to Unirii Sq, for example, will not be more than 15-20 RON. That's 5 EUR tops, that's 1.25 EUR each (if you're 4 people).

Offline Scouser_Ste

• Hairy & Furry
  • Kopite
  • Rockin' All Over The World
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2010, 01:45:32 pm »
think the bus might be the best option to be honest

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2010, 02:30:14 pm »
think the bus might be the best option to be honest
mate just rang me,tried to book the 1 nighter with thomas cook,SOLD OUT!!!just checked on their website confirmed SOLD OUT!!!!bloody hell!!!

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2010, 04:05:17 pm »
mate just rang me,tried to book the 1 nighter with thomas cook,SOLD OUT!!!just checked on their website confirmed SOLD OUT!!!!bloody hell!!!

Who was that Rhyl--- Cider?

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2010, 04:26:43 pm »
Who was that Rhyl--- Cider?
yes they told him to ring back next week in case there were any cancellations..2 weeks today we arrive back after the game,yet still no ticket details,absolute joke!!!!

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2010, 04:30:33 pm »
I get enough emails from LFC about the Home Match - it's the personal touch that is missing from these bunch of comedians

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2010, 04:39:34 pm »
I get enough emails from LFC about the Home Match - it's the personal touch that is missing from these bunch of comedians
Can't wait to see what happens when we get through to the next round,they'll have 13 days to announce then distribute tickets!!!!!!

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2010, 04:49:05 pm »
I agree- bit tempted to sort out my airline ticket to Istanbul whilst they are still cheap- must look at their cancellation policy. Will have to check with my Rumanian agent on how he sees Fernebaches prospects

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2010, 04:55:51 pm »
Or book the Eurostar to Lille.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2010, 05:04:07 pm »
Might take my banger to Lille- we will be in Bucharest when we have to sort things out and by the time we get back to UK prices would have increased dramatically- Let's hope Fernebache give Lille a right seeing to next week
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:07:18 pm by LONGWORTH »

Offline SteH

• Kemlynite
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2010, 08:34:36 pm »

they're being economical with the truth there,  the charters been cancelled due to lack of demand but anyone who booked has been put on flights via Paris for no extra charge

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2010, 11:51:22 am »
they're being economical with the truth there,  the charters been cancelled due to lack of demand but anyone who booked has been put on flights via Paris for no extra charge

You sure about that?

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2010, 07:10:25 pm »
is true. had the email saying so
AMF

Offline SteH

• Kemlynite
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2010, 12:46:34 am »
You sure about that?
Got emailed on Friday, basically said its a 0640 departure day of game from Manchester to Paris then a connection to Bucharest about 90 mins later, arrives there 1415. Return about 1500 hours the next day get to Manchester 1845. They assume thats ok and are going to debit the money  but if you call them before Monday afternoon they'll cancel your booking, which may explain why rhylreds mate was told to call back just in case.
A one night trip on expedia is coming out at £550-600, so they look to be making quite a loss on this now, but I'm sure I've seen somewhere they have a contract with LFC to run a trip to every game, and transport the stewards. they'll easily make up this loss on the home game 'packages' however.

Offline redpirate

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2010, 12:56:10 am »
Got emailed on Friday, basically said its a 0640 departure day of game from Manchester to Paris then a connection to Bucharest about 90 mins later, arrives there 1415. Return about 1500 hours the next day get to Manchester 1845. They assume thats ok and are going to debit the money  but if you call them before Monday afternoon they'll cancel your booking, which may explain why rhylreds mate was told to call back just in case.
A one night trip on expedia is coming out at £550-600, so they look to be making quite a loss on this now, but I'm sure I've seen somewhere they have a contract with LFC to run a trip to every game, and transport the stewards. they'll easily make up this loss on the home game 'packages' however.

Reckon they'll get many cancellations then?

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2010, 06:02:09 pm »

Well that's an improvement on just cancelling it and saying tough shit ( like Beşiktaş) .  Maybe they have listened to what we said in the survey - I cited that as one of the reasons for not booking with thos cook . -   that flight ( with Air France) was coming out at around £350 when I looked a few weeks ago - must have gone up a lot since.

Offline SteH

• Kemlynite
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2010, 09:32:44 pm »
Reckon they'll get many cancellations then?

Dont really see why they would, as the arrival time is only 1-2 hours later than the charter would have got there and at this stage there really isnt an alternative for anyone who is restricted to going just for the 2 days.

Offline mariusrotaru

• Boys Pen
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2010, 04:34:59 pm »
another great place to go is dreamers pub, owned by liverpool supporters, with plenty of history behind them. it's right downtown. the place is packed for all the liverpool games, great atmosphere, open 24/7. the people from dreamers will be waiting for the liverpool supporters coming to bucharest at the airport... check out our branch below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVho044R-E

Offline mariusrotaru

• Boys Pen
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2010, 04:41:28 pm »

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2010, 01:40:57 pm »
Picking up ticket tonight....anyone driving to London on Monday by chance?  Trying to find a cheap way down as am almost skint til late next week....
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline davebils

• Anny Roader
  • Live and Breathe L.F.C
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2010, 07:40:09 pm »
hello all anyone travelling on lufthansa flights should check there emails
or go to the link below, a pilots strike on from 22nd -25th feb is affecting all flights from germany

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/de/nonav/local?nodeid=1874371&l=en&cid=18002&solo=norm
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:29:03 am by davebils »
YNWA

Offline steviewonders

• Main Stander
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2010, 08:18:09 am »
http://www.germanwings.com/en/Booking/information-for-our-passengers.htm
anyone flying germanwings? a pilots strike on from 22nd -25th feb. berlin to bucharest banasea on day of game but maybe worth checking if others on different flights

• Main Stander
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2010, 10:57:04 am »
Manchester airport closed for a bit with the snow today and more snow on the way in the next few days.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2010, 08:16:50 pm »
What is the situation for the lads using Lufthansa- seems a bit up in the air( sorry for the pun)

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2010, 08:26:41 pm »
I cant wait for wednesday night. Longworth...shall we work out a meeting place in the evening?

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2010, 08:29:16 pm »
What is the situation for the lads using Lufthansa- seems a bit up in the air( sorry for the pun)
read somewhere that Lufthansa are hiring replacement pilots (?) for the time of the strike. Don't quote me on that though

• Main Stander
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2010, 08:34:52 pm »
Here's one of the fellas covering for the Lufthansa strike...

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2010, 08:42:39 pm »
Hi Sweden - put off by too much sport on TV tonight Real Madrid- Golf and Olympics. Just chucked my mobile down the drain but luckily have a replacement- yup I have my special Rumanian agent with me so he might be able to give some good advice. I am afraid Mr Rhyl is doing a diversion this time via Rome and will be drinking expensive Italian peronis

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2010, 08:45:28 pm »
Here's one of the fellas covering for the Lufthansa strike...

Think that's the Wizz Air set up  I recognise the blow up pilot
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:56:55 pm by LONGWORTH »

Offline davebils

• Anny Roader
  • Live and Breathe L.F.C
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2010, 10:36:02 pm »
longworth i have pm you about flights and hotel
YNWA

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite