Author Topic: Champions League Final - Ticket Applications Now Open  (Read 39671 times)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Re: Champions League Final - Ticket Applications Now Open
« Reply #80 on: May 4, 2018, 10:05:03 am »
Why are people queuing for the ballot? It's only to register interest and its open for a few days, it doesn't even get draw out the hat till next Friday.

How do you know that people are queuing for the ballot? Is it because you are also queuing for the ballot? Why are you doing that?
Legacy fan

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 4, 2018, 10:06:14 am »
It won't put them off applying for the tickets and trying to pass them on though

Buying for mates yes but hopefully there won't be too many trying to tout them.   Bit of a risk with the transport difficulties,  could be a few left with egg on their faces.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: May 4, 2018, 10:15:50 am »
How do you know that people are queuing for the ballot? Is it because you are also queuing for the ballot? Why are you doing that?

My brother text me saying he's in the queue.. asked him why when we have several days to do it.  ???

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #83 on: May 4, 2018, 11:11:10 am »
Why are people queuing for the ballot? It's only to register interest and its open for a few days, it doesn't even get draw out the hat till next Friday.

That's when we all get told. They'll do the ballot process as early as possible to give them time to test and organise the files for letting us all know

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #84 on: May 4, 2018, 11:23:42 am »
Finally got through after a 20 mins wait.

Comes up with two drop down menus saying Adult Registration. Do you simply select adult for both and then click register? It says you can register friends and family so should I put 3 in the box instead of 1? I don’t want to click register now if there’s no going back after that!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 4, 2018, 11:34:10 am »

Comes up with two drop down menus saying Adult Registration. Do you simply select adult for both and then click register? It says you can register friends and family so should I put 3 in the box instead of 1? I don’t want to click register now if there’s no going back after that!

Go for more than 1.    I thought it had to be 1 at a time but now back in the queue to do the others.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #86 on: May 4, 2018, 03:18:55 pm »

I put adult in both boxes and 2 in the quantity box. It then let me add my lad to my registration.
Legacy fan

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #87 on: May 4, 2018, 05:19:58 pm »
Did anyone receive the confirmation email?

Offline tesh1e

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #88 on: May 4, 2018, 05:36:48 pm »
Did anyone receive the confirmation email?

I didn't but it's in my purchase history

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #89 on: May 4, 2018, 08:34:49 pm »
Anyone going to Kiev want to make a few pounds while they are away and let me and the misses stay in their house (Airbnb style) for the weekend? We're heading to watch the game in Liverpool and accommodation is fully booked. Genuine request and we're not weirdos. Looking for somewhere in town only.
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #90 on: May 4, 2018, 08:52:19 pm »
I didn't but it's in my purchase history
Cheers. Swear they said they’ll send a confirmation at the check out page!

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #91 on: May 4, 2018, 10:16:39 pm »
Cheers. Swear they said they’ll send a confirmation at the check out page!

They did. Looks like no one has got an email (I certainly haven’t) but I think as long as it’s in your purchase history you’re good to go!

Seemed a weird process to register, don’t remember it being like that for the 2016 League Cup/Europa finals

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #92 on: May 5, 2018, 08:41:07 am »
we're not weirdos.

Which is what a weirdo would say 😉

Accommodation was booked up pretty soon after , I'm surprised as it's sound city this weekend and rock n roll is the weekend before the Champions League final.

Tall ships and bank holiday added with people being quick off the mark I guess.

Hope you get sorted

Offline redharel

• Main Stander
Re: Tikcet gate numbers for the final in Kiev
« Reply #93 on: May 5, 2018, 10:48:45 am »
at least where the fans will be located? hotels? fanzone?

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #94 on: May 5, 2018, 10:54:08 am »
They did. Looks like no one has got an email (I certainly haven’t) but I think as long as it’s in your purchase history you’re good to go!

Seemed a weird process to register, don’t remember it being like that for the 2016 League Cup/Europa finals

Quite probably a bigger pot applying than back then and by my awful maths I think it's around a 1 in 8/9 chance

The club say 63% of the allocation will be for supporters = circa 10k

we know at least 5k have 1 away which guarantees a ticket.. assuming alone that all those 5k went to other games and there were no people with all homes and a different away leaved around 5k for a ballot of around 45k based on the Porto/City/Roma sales criteria although could be 40k if all aways have done all homes too.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #95 on: May 5, 2018, 04:54:19 pm »
I've had a stab at trying to work out the probability of being successful in ballot.  I anticipate that I've made some errors, but posting here so others can improve on it.

Selling notice says that 63% of the tickets allocation of 16626 are available to general supporters i.e  10474

I’ve assumed that there are 5000 who are on 7+ credits, so that leaves 5474 tickets for those in the ballot.

The next part of my calculation looks at how many will enter the ballot. I’ve assumed that it will be everyone who got a seat at anfield roma home match less away supporters, uefa officials, priority rights holders, hospitality, and those who are on 7+ credits. 
(Priority rights holders and hospitality seasonal are identified in the selling notice as having a separate allocation of 4157 tickets.  That does leave non-seasonal hospitality, but I’ve assumed (wrongly or rightly) that given hospitality pricing & availability they are a group unlikely to have gone to every European home game.)

So the number in ballot may be 54074 (anfield capacity) minus 2904 (away supporters) minus 3055 (uefa ticket semi-final allocation according to their rule book) minus 7000 (our hospitality size according to a Guardian article) minus 1500 (number of priority rights according to a Liverpool echo article) minus 5000 (supporters with 7+ credits).   Assuming that all remaining supporters have 6+ credits (ie were in autocup or survived through the members additional sales) – which is a big assumption – then there would be 34615 persons in the ballot trying to access 5474 tickets.

This gives a probability of being successful in the ballot as 15.8%.  i.e. Between a 1 in 6 and 1 in 7 chance of getting a ticket.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #96 on: May 5, 2018, 05:35:37 pm »

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #97 on: May 5, 2018, 06:40:14 pm »
I've had a stab at trying to work out the probability of being successful in ballot.  I anticipate that I've made some errors, but posting here so others can improve on it.

Selling notice says that 63% of the tickets allocation of 16626 are available to general supporters i.e  10474

I’ve assumed that there are 5000 who are on 7+ credits, so that leaves 5474 tickets for those in the ballot.

The next part of my calculation looks at how many will enter the ballot. I’ve assumed that it will be everyone who got a seat at anfield roma home match less away supporters, uefa officials, priority rights holders, hospitality, and those who are on 7+ credits. 
(Priority rights holders and hospitality seasonal are identified in the selling notice as having a separate allocation of 4157 tickets.  That does leave non-seasonal hospitality, but I’ve assumed (wrongly or rightly) that given hospitality pricing & availability they are a group unlikely to have gone to every European home game.)

So the number in ballot may be 54074 (anfield capacity) minus 2904 (away supporters) minus 3055 (uefa ticket semi-final allocation according to their rule book) minus 7000 (our hospitality size according to a Guardian article) minus 1500 (number of priority rights according to a Liverpool echo article) minus 5000 (supporters with 7+ credits).   Assuming that all remaining supporters have 6+ credits (ie were in autocup or survived through the members additional sales) – which is a big assumption – then there would be 34615 persons in the ballot trying to access 5474 tickets.

This gives a probability of being successful in the ballot as 15.8%.  i.e. Between a 1 in 6 and 1 in 7 chance of getting a ticket.

The way I read it, some higher level hospitality season ticket holders have a seaparate allocation. Lower level enter the general ballot.

The notice says:

HOSPITALITY SEASONAL MEMBERS

“Hospitality Seasonal Members will be notified by email on how to apply for tickets.”

And then later:

“Premier Club and Carlsberg Dugout Seasonal Members will also be eligible to register for the ballot.”

So there might be more people scrapping for the tickets than you predicted.

TBF, the hospitality season tickets include all Cup games so fair they can enter the general ballot and preferable to all hospitality STs being automatically entitled to a ticket.
Long live the King

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #98 on: May 5, 2018, 08:09:27 pm »

“Premier Club and Carlsberg Dugout Seasonal Members will also be eligible to register for the ballot.”

So there might be more people scrapping for the tickets than you predicted.

TBF, the hospitality season tickets include all Cup games so fair they can enter the general ballot and preferable to all hospitality STs being automatically entitled to a ticket.

Yes I think you're right.  Any idea how many they are? 

At the same time I wonder if the size of that group might be off-set by my assumption that everyone left after the numbers deducted has 6 european home credits.  There will certainly be some on lesser number credits - but impossible to know how many.  I'm still inclined to think the chance level will be somewhere between 1 in 6 and 1 in 7.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #99 on: May 5, 2018, 08:33:04 pm »
Yes I think you're right.  Any idea how many they are? 

At the same time I wonder if the size of that group might be off-set by my assumption that everyone left after the numbers deducted has 6 european home credits.  There will certainly be some on lesser number credits - but impossible to know how many.  I'm still inclined to think the chance level will be somewhere between 1 in 6 and 1 in 7.

If there are 4157 set aside for high level hospitality and priority rights, and 1500 priority rights, there are 2657 high level hospitality qualifying for a ticket. And if there are 7000 hospitality season tickets overall, that would mean 4343 hospitality in the general ballot.

I reckon you’re right on the between 1/6 and 1/7 chance of getting a ticket in the initial ballot. But I also reckon there will be a fairly big chance at the top of the ballot waiting list given price of getting there, price of tickets, and people only taking a ticket if their mates are also successful.
Long live the King

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #100 on: May 5, 2018, 08:44:31 pm »
Which is what a weirdo would say 😉

Accommodation was booked up pretty soon after , I'm surprised as it's sound city this weekend and rock n roll is the weekend before the Champions League final.

Tall ships and bank holiday added with people being quick off the mark I guess.

Hope you get sorted
Plus the UFC at the Echo arena

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 6, 2018, 09:23:33 am »
I dont know anyone who qualifies who hasn't applied either for themselves or a mate.  There will be a few but not many.  The chance of a ticket will range from 1 in 4 to 1 in 7 depending in how you do the maths.   I am hoping that we may get a few more tickets from whatever source.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102 on: May 6, 2018, 10:17:41 am »
I dont know anyone who qualifies who hasn't applied either for themselves or a mate.  There will be a few but not many.  The chance of a ticket will range from 1 in 4 to 1 in 7 depending in how you do the maths.   I am hoping that we may get a few more tickets from whatever source.
Well me and my son have 6 homes and we're giving it a miss

Offline Eugene

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #103 on: May 6, 2018, 12:32:26 pm »
fanzone?

The Red Zone will be organized in Shevchenko Park. (city center)

Offline wettac17

• Main Stander
« Reply #104 on: May 7, 2018, 10:57:56 pm »
When are the ballot results available???

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #105 on: May 8, 2018, 07:47:41 am »
When are the ballot results available???

Friday I believe

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 8, 2018, 09:02:41 am »
The Red Zone will be organized in Shevchenko Park. (city center)

Doesnt look like a square or anything there... just a park.

Odd

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 8, 2018, 09:23:14 am »
Doesnt look like a square or anything there... just a park.

Odd

It's an official UEFA fan zone, it won't have loads of bars and stuff in it. It will be merchandise, tat and games.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #108 on: May 8, 2018, 11:14:14 am »
It's an official UEFA fan zone, it won't have loads of bars and stuff in it. It will be merchandise, tat and games.

In other words; go and find a square/spot elsewhere.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 8, 2018, 01:47:19 pm »

Each person applying in the ballot is also given a row and seat no if you look in purchase history, i put in 4 entries and they went up in order with the last one being in row 80, with the ones entered not long before it were row 71 and 72. Only thing we wouldn't know is the seat numbers each row goes up to - say its only 100 then times that by the 80 = 8,000, if 200 then 16,000, if 300 then 24,000 etc and that was entered at about 12.15pm on Friday. If we all could find the highest number we all have in seat numbers and also someone who only entered late on Sunday evening then we could perhaps work out near enough how many adult registrations have entered i would suspect!

Offline Tconroy

• Main Stander
« Reply #110 on: May 8, 2018, 01:54:25 pm »
Each person applying in the ballot is also given a row and seat no if you look in purchase history, i put in 4 entries and they went up in order with the last one being in row 80, with the ones entered not long before it were row 71 and 72. Only thing we wouldn't know is the seat numbers each row goes up to - say its only 100 then times that by the 80 = 8,000, if 200 then 16,000, if 300 then 24,000 etc and that was entered at about 12.15pm on Friday. If we all could find the highest number we all have in seat numbers and also someone who only entered late on Sunday evening then we could perhaps work out near enough how many adult registrations have entered i would suspect!

Sunday Evening Circa 7pm: AD/AD/159/0112

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 8, 2018, 01:57:56 pm »

Sunday Evening Circa 7pm: AD/AD/159/0112

17,808 entered at least!

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #112 on: May 8, 2018, 02:25:25 pm »
17,808 entered at least!

If and I know it's a big IF at the moment, but if only 20,000 ish have applied in the ballot, that will be a lot less than the 40-50,000 that were originally estimated at.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 8, 2018, 02:26:35 pm »
It's likely the seat number goes up to 200 (or higher) , so it would be around 32k.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 8, 2018, 02:33:16 pm »
One of ours has a seat number of 120, anyone any higher?  Revised minimum registrations 19080.  and we also have to take into account those that chose the Adult / Child registration.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2018, 02:52:04 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #115 on: May 8, 2018, 02:42:08 pm »
Registered our cards at 9-15 Saturday morning, all done within 10 minutes. First one is

AD/AD/111/0118

last one was

AD/AD/117/0057

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 8, 2018, 02:42:44 pm »
It's likely the seat number goes up to 200 (or higher) , so it would be around 32k.

So the new game is who has the highest seat number........ ;D

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #117 on: May 8, 2018, 02:46:36 pm »
I've got seats 1/2/3 on row 45. If I was a millisecond sooner, then I'd probably be the last seat of row 44.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: May 8, 2018, 02:56:26 pm »
AD/AD/156/0069 and 0070  early evening on Sunday, which seems to confirm above

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 8, 2018, 02:59:40 pm »
Seat number 130 here