Author Topic: The knife edge  (Read 10606 times)

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
Re: The knife edge
« Reply #40 on: January 2, 2011, 03:36:52 pm »
I'm sure Rafa has worked with a DOF before. Wasn't that the case at Valencia? Besides focussing soley on football would be good for Rafa and hence the club.

Didn't he work with one at Inter
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline talklfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41 on: January 2, 2011, 03:55:03 pm »
so you think they went and hired a director of football, just to bring back a notoriously stubborn manager who hates not having total control? If that's the type of thinking they show, then we'll be in the same mismanaged boat as we were with H/G.

Said that, I'd bet every cent I have on his name not being seriously considered for more than a tenth of a second.

Exactly.

People should also consider that there's a very strong possibility that Rafa was removed as part of the grooming process to sell us.  It's also quite possible that a/the potential buyer made this stipulation.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 2, 2011, 03:59:10 pm »
I like your reasoning !

One further point is this: Rafa walked away from LFC with a load of cash, and Hodgson will do the same.
Rafa's presumably also had a decent pay-off from Inter. He probably doesn't ever have to work again, in terms of financial resources.

I wonder how NESV/FSV would take it if Rafa returned his LFC pay-off in exchange for a 2 year (to start with anyway) deal ...
In essence, Rafa gets his money back if he does well and stays the course (which I'd expect), and the owners get shot of Hodgson at, effectively, no cost.

o my god

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: January 2, 2011, 04:05:10 pm »
I wonder how NESV/FSV would take it if Rafa returned his LFC pay-off in exchange for a 2 year (to start with anyway) deal ...
In essence, Rafa gets his money back if he does well and stays the course (which I'd expect), and the owners get shot of Hodgson at, effectively, no cost.

Sadly Rafa is not the selfless martyr that half of rawk paint him as.  If he was, he wouldn't have taken all that cash out of the club in the first place.

We need someone who can unite the fans, not split them once again.  I think even the likes of Mourinho would split us less, even o'neil would be given a chance..the lines are drawn with rafa, the opinions deap seated and ingrained.  He is not an option.

Look at how much Kenny was able to do with a handful of words just a few days ago...at how much hope he inspired by simply suggesting he was open to a conversation.  He's our man.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2011, 04:09:21 pm by Cid »

Offline urshurak

• Boys Pen
« Reply #44 on: January 2, 2011, 04:12:50 pm »
Hmm ...

1) 5 good seasons (and 3 of those very good indeed) out of 6;
2) delivered success under a burden (no money, boardroom disharmony, outright dishonesty) that his peers (Mr Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho) had no equivalent difficulty with;
3) available right now without compensation required (Hicks and Gillett coughed for the last payout, not NESV/FSV);
4) ambitious, and a winner;
5) loves the club, wants the best for it, and his family are settled here;
6) successfully worked with director of football before

Ticks every box for me !

Offline urshurak

• Boys Pen
« Reply #45 on: January 2, 2011, 04:22:17 pm »
Sadly Rafa is not the selfless martyr that half of rawk paint him as.  If he was, he wouldn't have taken all that cash out of the club in the first place.

We need someone who can unite the fans, not split them once again.  I think even the likes of Mourinho would split us less, even o'neil would be given a chance..the lines are drawn with rafa, the opinions deap seated and ingrained.  He is not an option.

Look at how much Kenny was able to do with a handful of words just a few days ago...at how much hope he inspired by simply suggesting he was open to a conversation.  He's our man.

I don't think Rafa's a martyr or selfless, but he's an ambitious winner who bonded very well with LFC aspirations and expectations. His tenure here was good for him and, by extension, good for us.

I think Kenny's higher risk than Rafa. He'd start off with tons of goodwill, but he's been out of footy for a long time. Charisma and goodwill only get you so far (think Keegan at the barcodes) - good players and tactical astuteness get you
the big prizes. It'll take a while to improve the quality of the squad to match the current top 5 (at least 2 transfer windows) and the fans will be VERY impatient.

I'm not convinced Kenny still has it, and it would be a shitty way to tarnish his rep if it went badly

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #46 on: January 2, 2011, 05:22:59 pm »
Hmm ...

1) 5 good seasons (and 3 of those very good indeed) out of 6;
2) delivered success under a burden (no money, boardroom disharmony, outright dishonesty) that his peers (Mr Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho) had no equivalent difficulty with;
3) available right now without compensation required (Hicks and Gillett coughed for the last payout, not NESV/FSV);
4) ambitious, and a winner;
5) loves the club, wants the best for it, and his family are settled here;
6) successfully worked with director of football before

Ticks every box for me !

You'd have thought these things would count in his favor. But what if NESV wanted Rafa removed before they bought the club?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 2, 2011, 06:39:29 pm »
You'd have thought these things would count in his favor. But what if NESV wanted Rafa removed before they bought the club?

Well if they wanted Rafa removed then they must be responsible for Roy and if that were leaked then there would be massive concequences for them.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #48 on: January 2, 2011, 07:08:28 pm »
Bang on. If they take some time, let them, the appointment should be spot on.

Yes - that is right. I can see the managers first day in charge.

LFC Rep: "And this is your office and your desk sir, coffee machine, chalkboards.....
New Manager: "....and what are those 3 envelopes in my 'IN' tray?"
LFC Rep: "Ah, those sir? Yes, you'll need to deal with those first!"
New Manager: "Why? What are they?"
LFC Rep: "Those are the transfer requests from Torres, Reina and Agger"
New Manager: "Oh, I, errrrm!"

They do need to take some time for the next manager - without doubt! But, such is the nature of this season, the right temporary appointment can get us safe and prove to the fans and players that LFC is moving forward. The club would be lifted and who knows what will happen to Chelsea, Spuds, Sunderland, Bolton et al.

In small patches, we've shown enough to suggest we are far better than what we are doing. Act now before it's too late.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 2, 2011, 07:09:28 pm »

What cash did Rafa take out of the club?  ???

Agree with the rest of your post. Kenny is the only person that can unite and boost the fan base.

Offline fatlip13

• Anny Roader
« Reply #50 on: January 2, 2011, 07:12:20 pm »
dalglish biggest fault is how do you sack the man whether he is good, bad or average and i think that is what is keeping roy in a job.
rafa is done with liverpool as he is not going to get the power he had. the set-up now is what rafa should have been working under.
to me sticking is not an option especially if 35000 turn up the next home match. appoint any of the 2 above and i would say you sell out the rest of the year.
ultimately you pick DALGLISH and let the summer take care of itself

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #51 on: January 2, 2011, 07:14:13 pm »

Martin O'Neill? I'd sooner give Souness another crack.

Not saying Rafa would be the right manager but MON!? He spent money on an underperforming midtable side to get them punching slightly above their weight. He'd be little better than Hodgson in my opinion!

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #52 on: January 2, 2011, 07:16:47 pm »
What cash did Rafa take out of the club?  ???

Agree with the rest of your post. Kenny is the only person that can unite and boost the fan base.

His pay off I think he means

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #53 on: January 2, 2011, 07:18:22 pm »
This is very presumptuous and dangerous. We could get relegated if we continue like the way we have. Do not be lulled into a false sense of security mate.

If we can't manage 5 more wins from our remaining 19 games (40pts surely being enough) then we deserve to be relegated!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #54 on: January 2, 2011, 07:19:45 pm »
Getting relegated ? Behave.

Even with Roy till EOS, we won't go down.
OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #55 on: January 2, 2011, 07:20:43 pm »
dalglish biggest fault is how do you sack the man whether he is good, bad or average?

ultimately you pick DALGLISH and let the summer take care of itself

I honestly believe that Kenny would do the right thing for LFC. If we were struggling under him I think he'd resign if someone better came in.

I'd love to see Dalglish in with someone at the side ready to take the reigns.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 2, 2011, 07:23:49 pm »
So according to Cid, because he took the pay off (well deserved imo, for the crappy way he was treated), it means he didn't care about the club?

Love the logic. He was entitled to a lot more.

Offline redtiler

• Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: January 2, 2011, 07:24:25 pm »
Please dont mention MON in any way concerning LFC

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #58 on: January 2, 2011, 07:25:26 pm »
If we can't manage 5 more wins from our remaining 19 games (40pts surely being enough) then we deserve to be relegated!

My fear is we don't manage it! We could easily be bottom half again by the derby and go into it heavy legged with the number of tricky away games we have. Resting players is not an option to Roy at OT.....well, hope it's not!

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 2, 2011, 07:25:54 pm »
Please dont mention MON in any way concerning LFC
Seconded. I'd rather we handed a 5 year contract to Roy than have that goblin at our club.

Offline StanBull

• Main Stander
  • I love the smell of napalm in the morning
« Reply #60 on: January 2, 2011, 07:27:16 pm »

Mate, we lost at home to the mighty Wolves! As for Blackpool and Northampton .........................................

Offline steve10

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: January 2, 2011, 07:27:29 pm »
If Hodgson stays we will finish outside the top 7 and forget about European football next season because we are not going to win the mickey mouse cup either. With a new manager we will finish in the top 6. Hodgson is a clueless manager with no tactics or understanding of mordern day football. If the owners do not sack him and wait till the end of the season- the attendances at the games will get lower and lower, quality players will not want to join next season immaterial of the manager because of lack of European football, Torres will be gone ,the value of the club will diminish further and we will be even further adrift from the top clubs.

Offline fatlip13

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62 on: January 2, 2011, 07:31:10 pm »
I honestly believe that Kenny would do the right thing for LFC. If we were struggling under him I think he'd resign if someone better came in.

I'd love to see Dalglish in with someone at the side ready to take the reigns.
it is the position it puts FSG/NESV in, they don't want that position. if kenny got it and did well would he give it up? he said in his latest book he wanted the job again, also in the summer and he would realise it was his last chance. i would not make it easy if it was me and i was improving the team

Offline Cid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 2, 2011, 07:31:27 pm »
Martin O'Neill? I'd sooner give Souness another crack.

Not saying Rafa would be the right manager but MON!? He spent money on an underperforming midtable side to get them punching slightly above their weight. He'd be little better than Hodgson in my opinion!

I agree he is average at best, and I hope he is not even on the list, but in the unlikely chance he came here I think most fans would at least give him a chance.  Most gave Hodgson a chance, despite the media trying to claim otherwise.

To the above question, forgive me for not quoting as I'm on a mobile, but the money to compensate Rafa came from the club, not the tumours.

Contractually, he had every right to it, but if he had the club at heart as much as some claim he wouldn't have taken it, especially as he knew he was walking straight into inter.

It's beside the point anyway, this very conversation is proof that people are divided on Rafa, always will be.  We need unity.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #64 on: January 2, 2011, 07:31:42 pm »
So according to Cid, because he took the pay off (well deserved imo, for the crappy way he was treated), it means he didn't care about the club?

Think a lot of people think that last seasons performance was purely down to poor management Don't think they take into account the numerous other elements he was fighting. Either that or they refuse to take them into account.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #65 on: January 2, 2011, 07:35:17 pm »
I agree he is average at best, and I hope he is not even on the list, but in the unlikely chance he came here I think most fans would at least give him a chance.  Most gave Hodgson a chance, despite the media trying to claim otherwise.

To the above question, forgive me for not quoting as I'm on a mobile, but the money to compensate Rafa came from the club, not the tumours.

Contractually, he had every right to it, but if he had the club at heart as much as some claim he wouldn't have taken it, especially as he knew he was walking straight into inter.

It's beside the point anyway, this very conversation is proof that people are divided on Rafa, always will be.  We need unity.

He'd be given a chance but with minimal top flight success it would be a risk, and an horrible risk to watch.

We need unity is a very good point. A manager can do that. One who knows the club and fans.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #66 on: January 2, 2011, 07:38:49 pm »
it is the position it puts FSG/NESV in, they don't want that position. if kenny got it and did well would he give it up? he said in his latest book he wanted the job again, also in the summer and he would realise it was his last chance. i would not make it easy if it was me and i was improving the team

You are right. But if we are improving then why not give it him full time. We would just need someone to take over when Kenny decides he's had enough. If he's working closely with Kenny it makes it so much easier

Offline Cid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 2, 2011, 07:39:07 pm »

Oh please read the thread before spouting such drivel.  I was replying to the fantasist who thinks Rafa is going to ride in on his white horse and hand all the cash back.

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #68 on: January 2, 2011, 08:50:53 pm »
so you think they went and hired a director of football, just to bring back a notoriously stubborn manager who hates not having total control? If that's the type of thinking they show, then we'll be in the same mismanaged boat as we were with H/G.

Said that, I'd bet every cent I have on his name not being seriously considered for more than a tenth of a second.
No they hired a DOF on the advice of a Baseball nut who had happened to meet Comolli once or twice.
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #69 on: January 2, 2011, 08:58:53 pm »

So losing at home to the team bottom of the Premiership wasn't enough to wake you up then?

What if we lose Gerrard and Torres?

Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #70 on: January 2, 2011, 09:03:14 pm »
Oh please read the thread before spouting such drivel.  I was replying to the fantasist who thinks Rafa is going to ride in on his white horse and hand all the cash back.

No Rafa was hit with the snide comment "If he loved the club so much, why did he take all that money out of it"?

Erm..........because he was entitled to?

How much money did the two yank c*nts take out?

You have an anti-Rafa agenda.

Enjoy Istanbul did you?

You better had, we won't see another CL final for another 20 fucking years.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #71 on: January 2, 2011, 09:36:52 pm »
Hodgson will not be sacked before the season ends

Kenny will never become Liverpool manager again

Neither will Rafa

Both of the above are indeed regrettable

Lets make do with what we've got

Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #72 on: January 3, 2011, 08:41:19 am »
The pay off was what he was entitled to (mutual consent settlements are paid net).

The issue of how a Dofs will play out with the appointment of a new manager in the first instance,and then on a working basis, does put the management of the Club on a knife edge. Should be interesting.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 3, 2011, 09:07:10 am »
I am still not convinced by the new owners once bitten twice shy and all that......
Actions speak louder than words, they have said the right things up until now but what a worry about is Broughton & Purslow selling to them and bringing Roy in, they made a dreadfull mistake appointing Hodgson what if they also made a dreadfull mistake selling to NESV? We dont know yet do we?
People keep saying they dont understand football, well why buy a football club then? They have bought us for a reason and one reason alone to make money out of us, and the way things are going at the momment they probably think to themselves what the fuckinell have we wasted our money on.
Nearly 10 thousand empty seats on saturday, due to the absolute dire football thats been on offer since the Croydon Crank took charge, an ugly atmosphere a few days before against Wolves this is not the famous Anfield atmosphere this is on par with Gillett & Hicks out chants, I agree with the Hodge for England chants but I dont like it, I dont like what we have become through no fault of our own.

We didnt ask for this but its been forced onto us by men in suits, who should stick to finance and not meddle in football matters, the people that brought Roy in have deserted him and abandoned him, he is on his own he has no friends and knows he's not wanted yet he wont walk away from his big pay day, and we have to suffer because of it.
If NESV want to be taken serious they have to act now so we can enjoy the rest of the season a caretaker manager is a better option than keeping Roy here for the remainder of the season because this downward spiral will continue we will win a match, and get beat the next and so on, and so fourth, this needs to be nipped in the bud asap, put Roy and us out of his and our misery and see what the rest of the season brings, those that say we are in transition and its not Roys fault well we will only know that if he is relieved of his duties and the caretaker is a total failure, but I dont think it will be the case.

The Hicks & Gillett era still hasnt gone from the club and it needs to be before we can move on.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline urshurak

• Boys Pen
« Reply #74 on: January 3, 2011, 09:44:38 am »

Err, I think you're referring to me. Where do I say that I think this will happen ?
Nowhere actually - so learn to read, and get someone to help you with the big words, before making statements like that.

I suggested this: Rafa handing the pay-off cash back in return for a 2 year deal is a gamble on both sides. If he fails the cash is lost, but it's a chance to finish his project
under more reasonable working conditions. For NESV, the risk is mitigated by the fact that both sides would make financial committments AND they'd get rid of Hodgson for nowt.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 3, 2011, 10:07:35 am »

Of which he donated large portions of it to local charities

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #76 on: January 3, 2011, 10:22:03 am »
I am still not convinced by the new owners once bitten twice shy and all that......
Actions speak louder than words, they have said the right things up until now but what a worry about is Broughton & Purslow selling to them and bringing Roy in, they made a dreadfull mistake appointing Hodgson what if they also made a dreadfull mistake selling to NESV? We dont know yet do we?
People keep saying they dont understand football, well why buy a football club then? They have bought us for a reason and one reason alone to make money out of us, and the way things are going at the momment they probably think to themselves what the fuckinell have we wasted our money on.
Nearly 10 thousand empty seats on saturday, due to the absolute dire football thats been on offer since the Croydon Crank took charge, an ugly atmosphere a few days before against Wolves this is not the famous Anfield atmosphere this is on par with Gillett & Hicks out chants, I agree with the Hodge for England chants but I dont like it, I dont like what we have become through no fault of our own.

We didnt ask for this but its been forced onto us by men in suits, who should stick to finance and not meddle in football matters, the people that brought Roy in have deserted him and abandoned him, he is on his own he has no friends and knows he's not wanted yet he wont walk away from his big pay day, and we have to suffer because of it.
If NESV want to be taken serious they have to act now so we can enjoy the rest of the season a caretaker manager is a better option than keeping Roy here for the remainder of the season because this downward spiral will continue we will win a match, and get beat the next and so on, and so fourth, this needs to be nipped in the bud asap, put Roy and us out of his and our misery and see what the rest of the season brings, those that say we are in transition and its not Roys fault well we will only know that if he is relieved of his duties and the caretaker is a total failure, but I dont think it will be the case.

The Hicks & Gillett era still hasnt gone from the club and it needs to be before we can move on.

Excellent points made Liverbird

Think it's important to highlight failure. To Fulham, failure wil be anything less than top half. Failure for a club which wishes to challenge for the league should be anything worse than 2nd. 2nd would suggest a challenge has happened assuming the points difference to first isnt silly. 2nd shouldn't become acceptable long term though!

I agree that the squad isn't exactly the one it was 18 month ago but our targets must be raised. Last season has got us talking about top half of the table when in reality even average performances against Wolves, Blackpool, Birmingham and Wigan could have seen us 7-10 points better off in this season.

If expectations are lowered again we as a club are on a knife edge. A new manager coming in should not set is target of top half / Euro League spaces. It should be winning the league. Yes he should be afforded time but if we aim for 7th and get 8th is that deemed as a nearly miss? We aim for winning the league every season and see where that takes us - give it the Blackpool approach.

I don't understand NESV. I genuinely dont get this sticking by Roy. If half a season isn't long enough to make a decision I'm at a loss what is. Forgetting the game at OT, can anyone see us getting more than a point in our next two away games?

My worry is that those two away games will take us nicely to mid January. If Roy is sacked then it leaves only 2 weeks to appoint a manager and make new signings. It gives NESV the chance to say new signings were not possible given the timescales.

They've been very professional so far. Just the first seeds of doubt are creeping in. I personally dont want them to sign numerous players of Roys standard when it is not possible for him to succeed. But they really do need to see the light and get the club turning another corner now.

He shouldn't be on a knife edge! He fell from that back in the autumn.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #77 on: January 3, 2011, 10:26:03 am »
Of which he donated large portions of it to local charities

Yes

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #78 on: January 3, 2011, 10:29:27 am »
Hodgson will not be sacked before the season ends

Kenny will never become Liverpool manager again

Neither will Rafa

Both of the above are indeed regrettable

Lets make do with what we've got

Ha ha! Yes WUM ;)

Offline Cid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 3, 2011, 01:39:54 pm »
I suggested this: Rafa handing the pay-off cash back in return for a 2 year deal is a gamble on both sides. If he fails the cash is lost, but it's a chance to finish his project
under more reasonable working conditions. For NESV, the risk is mitigated by the fact that both sides would make financial committments AND they'd get rid of Hodgson for nowt.

Do you honestly think there is even the tiniest possibility that Rafa would hand back his pay-off to get the job? I'm more likely to sprout wings, but if it happens I'll take it all back, and admit the man is a saint.

As for my 'anti-rafa agenda', that is pretty much true in rawk terms.  I don't think he is or was the second coming of Shankly, I don't even think he did much more than Houlier.

Appointing Roy was the fuckup.  If we had gone with someone like Pellegrini in the first place we wouldn't be having this conversation.