Author Topic: Internet Terrorists  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
Internet Terrorists
« on: January 5, 2011, 01:04:42 pm »
Now I don't agree with Tom Hicks very often and didn't in this case, it was a laughable statement, given what he had done to us over the years.

However if he said this about our fanbase now - I think he'd have a point.

No doubt it was fine emailing journalists, posting banners, contacting SSN, getting Hicks Junior sacked - when Hicks and Gillett were miliing our great club.

However these campaigns don't seem to have stopped and now - the focus has simply gone from the owners to the manager.  It seems a large percentage of our fans think it is OK to email journalists, post on John Henry's twitter account, boo the manager, chant for Dalglish - undermining the manager.

Now this is not the Liverpool Way, from what I know.  We are behaving like Newcastle fans, causing uproars whenever we don't get our way.  What next, give Dalglish the job and then move the focus onto him?  Ofcourse that won't happen, but the point is we should be better than this.  Some of the abuse on John Henry's twitter account is ridiculous, infact he should remove it or block these individuals.  They are making our fanbase look irrational, abusive, thoughtless and it just drags our club down.

I am all for wanting Hodgson out.  But the results and performance will take care of this and the owners will read the reports in the papers, posts on forums, comments on phone ins and realise he is not the right man - they know this, but probably can't get the right man yet, if known.

But our fanbase really need to take a long, hard look at themselves and stop these divides amongst fans, stop emailing journalists, stop posting abuse on Aldridge or Henry's twitter accounts, stop booing the manager or team.. otherwise whoever takes over will have no chance with the fans acting this way.

We need to get back to supporting the manager, getting 100% behind the team and back to The Liverpool Way, something the whole club has lost from fans, to players, to owners.

Offline StevePass

• TheBloodyBallWillYer?!
  • Anny Roader
  • Talks cock and bull.
Re: Internet Terrorists
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2011, 01:11:27 pm »
okay.

Offline Pople

• Main Stander
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2011, 01:11:37 pm »
Agreed, although it's probably a minority that stand out in comparison to others.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 5, 2011, 01:11:47 pm »
Only going to make one point and it's that any idiot can create a twitter or forum account and pretend to be whoever yet wish. Nothing to stop a dickhead WUM tweeting shite to Henry and his wife etc

Also the Liverpool way is not to blindly support people just because they are part of the club players are one thing but managers and owners can be destructive to a club and set you back years - souness and the yanks have shown us that
« Last Edit: January 5, 2011, 01:14:15 pm by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2011, 01:12:01 pm »
We need to get back to supporting the manager, getting 100% behind the team and back to The Liverpool Way, something the whole club has lost from fans, to players, to owners.
This could look like we are behind Hodgson. I'm not.

I'm not abusing anyone, but I'm certainly not going near Anfield until he's gone.

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2011, 01:13:43 pm »
I'm an auld arse, and I helped create the supporters' part of the 'Liverpool Way'. It is not a charter for allowing the Club to come to harm, which  is what is happening under Hodsgon. The supporters have a duty to protect the Club and allowing a worthy convention to prevent this is stupid. The 'Liverpool Way' is to act in a responsible manner - getting this man out of our Club is responsible and necessary.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 5, 2011, 01:14:03 pm »
This could look like we are behind Hodgson. I'm not.

I'm not abusing anyone, but I'm certainly not going near Anfield until he's gone.

I go to Anfield to support the team.

I want Hodgson out as much as anyone, but I think NESV know he's not the right man, they are just hoping he can stay in the job until the end of the season when they can appoint someone like Deschamps in the long term.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 5, 2011, 01:16:02 pm »
I'm an auld arse, and I helped create the supporters' part of the 'Liverpool Way'. It is not a charter for allowing the Club to come to harm, which  is what is happening under Hodsgon. The supporters have a duty to protect the Club and allowing a worthy convention to prevent this is stupid. The 'Liverpool Way' is to act in a responsible manner - getting this man out of our Club is responsible and necessary.

I agree.

But it has to be done in the right way.

We can't just keep starting campaigns whenever we don't agree with something can we?  Some of the booing, twitter comments (to Anfield legends such as Aldridge) etc have been disgraceful.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 5, 2011, 01:16:17 pm »
Good lord Zeus, you are a fucking bore and what is worse, you are a fucking bore that creates his own topic every time he wants to make a point already made across myriad threads. 

And if you don't understand why the Dalglish chants arise and why comparisons with Newcastle fans are dead wrong, just read my signature, shamelessly stolen from the excellent article by Dion Fanning. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9 on: January 5, 2011, 01:16:45 pm »
Now I don't agree with Tom Hicks very often and didn't in this case, it was a laughable statement, given what he had done to us over the years.

However if he said this about our fanbase now - I think he'd have a point.

No doubt it was fine emailing journalists, posting banners, contacting SSN, getting Hicks Junior sacked - when Hicks and Gillett were miliing our great club.

However these campaigns don't seem to have stopped and now - the focus has simply gone from the owners to the manager.  It seems a large percentage of our fans think it is OK to email journalists, post on John Henry's twitter account, boo the manager, chant for Dalglish - undermining the manager.

Now this is not the Liverpool Way, from what I know.  We are behaving like Newcastle fans, causing uproars whenever we don't get our way.  What next, give Dalglish the job and then move the focus onto him?  Ofcourse that won't happen, but the point is we should be better than this.  Some of the abuse on John Henry's twitter account is ridiculous, infact he should remove it or block these individuals.  They are making our fanbase look irrational, abusive, thoughtless and it just drags our club down.

I am all for wanting Hodgson out.  But the results and performance will take care of this and the owners will read the reports in the papers, posts on forums, comments on phone ins and realise he is not the right man - they know this, but probably can't get the right man yet, if known.

But our fanbase really need to take a long, hard look at themselves and stop these divides amongst fans, stop emailing journalists, stop posting abuse on Aldridge or Henry's twitter accounts, stop booing the manager or team.. otherwise whoever takes over will have no chance with the fans acting this way.

I don't want to support the manager. I want him out of the club. I won't sing things about him at the match (In fact I've gibbed the match because of him). But I want him gone yesterday. He's an idiot. He talks bollocks in every single press interview - every other one he directly contradicts himself. He puts the club down. He puts the players down. He puts the City down. He puts the fans down. He's clueless. He waffles. He has no aspirations to be a top manager and despite all that he think's he's doing an incredible job. His man-management and management skills are close to zero. And he looks like a spitting image puppet. He's got the intelligence of a squashed weebil and the tactical nouse of a tuna.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Pheeny

« Reply #10 on: January 5, 2011, 01:18:21 pm »
over 1000 threads already running that this could/should have been posted in.