Author Topic: World Cup Qualifiers.  (Read 43802 times)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: World Cup Qualifiers.
« Reply #80 on: October 6, 2016, 09:31:16 pm »
Robbie Brady taken off by stretcher.
Is he conscious?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #81 on: October 6, 2016, 09:33:26 pm »
Is he conscious?

Say so, mask on and a brace on his neck.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: October 6, 2016, 09:33:56 pm »
Whew finally Iceland-Finland 2-2. Iceland missed a penalty and hit the post so far

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 6, 2016, 09:38:15 pm »
What the fuck

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 6, 2016, 09:39:10 pm »
Iceland scores the winner after trailing the whole game in the 95min. Ball just barely crosses the line ala Garcia ghost goal

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #85 on: October 6, 2016, 09:40:15 pm »
FT

Ireland 1-0 Georgia

Not a good performance at all but more a worry on Robbie Brady who went off after a knock.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 6, 2016, 09:41:13 pm »
Iceland-Finland 3-2. Mad last few mins

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #87 on: October 6, 2016, 09:41:16 pm »
good result for Wales.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #88 on: October 6, 2016, 09:41:51 pm »
World Cup Qualifiers - Group D results:

Republic of Ireland 1 Georgia 0
Austria 2 Wales 2
Moldova 0 Serbia 3
Y.N.W.A.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 6, 2016, 09:42:04 pm »
Ramos has had a shocking start to the season.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #90 on: October 6, 2016, 09:42:56 pm »
good result for Wales.

And us. Draw is best for us going forward i feel.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #91 on: October 6, 2016, 09:45:11 pm »
Happy with that result for Ireland, less said about the first half the better tho. Georgia where a tricky enough opponent, will be hard work in the away fixture there for sure. Just hope the Georgians can take some points off a few of the big hitters in the group later on in the campaign.
YNWA

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 6, 2016, 09:45:51 pm »
Say so, mask on and a brace on his neck.
Hope he's alright, good result for us both there Sarge.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #93 on: October 6, 2016, 09:47:41 pm »

Yep but happy with your draw, Serbs will have a say in this Group also. Will update Brady news.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #94 on: October 6, 2016, 09:59:03 pm »
Pretty much identical game as the one last year against Georgia, struggled in spells looked bereft of ideas but in the end it took a cut in along the goal line to do it. Last year we didn't need as much look for the ball to end up in the net.

Wales and Austria draw might suit us, still a bit early to tell.

Hendrick is out for Moldova and Brady may not play either. Could be a tricky night out wherever Moldova is. Somewhere around Bulgaria or Romania isn't it??? Who Cares.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 6, 2016, 10:09:27 pm »
He was knocked out for about 15 seconds, the rest was precaution. Him Hendrick and maybe Long are gone for Moldova which isn't ideal.

Decent result for Wales. I know they are the top seed but this group is going to be a dog fight so getting something away from home is important.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 6, 2016, 10:11:23 pm »
Jack Collison and Dean Saunders, dear god, cliche ridden nonsense.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 6, 2016, 10:12:13 pm »
tricky night out wherever Moldova is. Somewhere around Bulgaria or Romania isn't it??? Who Cares.
Never took you for an English man..

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #98 on: October 6, 2016, 10:13:27 pm »
Decent result for Wales. I know they are the top seed but this group is going to be a dog fight so getting something away from home is important.
I said it last time and we ended up benefiting, Georgia will take points off either us Wales or Austria at home and that could be the difference in qualifying.

Our record against Austria is horrible, Toni Polster and Harry Ramsden have a lot to answer for.  We're shit but there is a belief in the side we can dig it out, at least that's something.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 6, 2016, 10:14:15 pm »
Happy with that, particularly as we didn't actually play all that well. Did what we needed to do though, fought hard and we were smart enough to take the sting out of the game towards the end too. Austria have won their last ten qualifying games so that's a really good point in context. If we beat Georgia on Sunday (taking nothing for granted; Ireland struggled tonight) then it'll have been a great start.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #100 on: October 6, 2016, 10:14:58 pm »

I resent that. I know where Moldova is.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #101 on: October 6, 2016, 10:16:16 pm »
I said it last time and we ended up benefiting, Georgia will take points off either us Wales or Austria at home and that could be the difference in qualifying.

Our record against Austria is horrible, Toni Polster and Harry Ramsden have a lot to answer for.  We're shit but there is a belief in the side we can dig it out, at least that's something.

Serbs will have a big say.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #102 on: October 6, 2016, 10:16:45 pm »
Looked it up, I was half right. Ignorance wrapped in knowledge, wrapped in ignorance again. 

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 6, 2016, 10:26:57 pm »
I resent that. I know where Moldova is.
Sure you lads will be tagging them soon so you will know where the people are as well as the country.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 6, 2016, 10:27:27 pm »

He was knocked out for about 15 seconds, the rest was precaution. Him Hendrick and maybe Long are gone for Moldova which isn't ideal.

Big hit to have those 3 out for you. Got the potential to be a really hard group this, Austria are unbeaten at hone for 9 years I think I heard, so a lot will depend on how them do on the road and whether Serbia are any good this time around.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 6, 2016, 10:38:01 pm »
Big hit to have those 3 out for you. Got the potential to be a really hard group this, Austria are unbeaten at hone for 9 years I think I heard, so a lot will depend on how them do on the road and whether Serbia are any good this time around.
We will always up our game but I'd still have Wales and then Serbia/Austria as the better sides in the group. It really is between those four I think and to be honest if I had to bet on one team it would be Wales.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #106 on: October 6, 2016, 10:40:46 pm »
We will always up our game but I'd still have Wales and then Serbia/Austria as the better sides in the group. It really is between those four I think and to be honest if I had to bet on one team it would be Wales.
Point away in Belgrade would suggest we have a decent chance of getting ahead of Serbia. Yeah, I'd have Wales to top the group even more so after that draw tonight. Between us and Austria then, who I hope can regain the form they showed at the Euros.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 6, 2016, 10:43:39 pm »
Got to agree with all that in theory, our 2 matches ard going to have the biggest say in it I feel, could go either way those Derby type matches.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #108 on: October 6, 2016, 10:48:30 pm »
Got to agree with all that in theory, our 2 matches ard going to have the biggest say in it I feel, could go either way those Derby type matches.
It's a cliche but that's probably right, considering how the Wales and Norn Iron match at the Euros went down. Well, I hope it goes along similar lines because Wales are operating a level above us at the moment. No way in the earthly world would we score two away in Austria, never mind getting to the semis of the Euros! Big match in March, can't wait, we play the final group match in Cardiff as well, could be epic.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #109 on: October 6, 2016, 10:55:15 pm »
Ecuador 2 up on Chile.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #110 on: October 6, 2016, 11:06:26 pm »
Sure you lads will be tagging them soon so you will know where the people are as well as the country.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 7, 2016, 12:01:02 am »
Iceland scores the winner after trailing the whole game in the 95min. Ball just barely crosses the line ala Garcia ghost goal

Did he kick it out of the goalkeepers hands? Did not really have a good angle on the highlight I saw. Looked like he kicked it out of the keepers hand and onto his face. Which in fairness was behind the line :lmao
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 7, 2016, 12:08:05 am »

It's a cliche but that's probably right, considering how the Wales and Norn Iron match at the Euros went down. Well, I hope it goes along similar lines because Wales are operating a level above us at the moment. No way in the earthly world would we score two away in Austria, never mind getting to the semis of the Euros! Big match in March, can't wait, we play the final group match in Cardiff as well, could be epic.
That last game will be some match up if everything's to play for by then won't it :) I hate fucking Derby type matches.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 7, 2016, 09:22:37 am »
Decent draw for Wales that and I said I would be happy with a point before the game. Considering how poor we were as well, to come away with a point is decent. I am disappointed that is all we have come away with slightly though because of how we drew, throwing the lead away twice through sloppy passes and defending is a slight annoyance. On paper arguably the toughest game of the group though, especially with the Austrians record in home qualifiers, so we have to be positive. 3 points on Sunday and it will be a really good international break for us.

This group is very tough so I think our aim has to be to win all of our home games and at least draw against Ireland and Serbia away from home, winning the other two away games. Can't wait for the trip to Ireland in March, should be a cracker. 
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #114 on: October 7, 2016, 12:44:30 pm »
This group is very tough so I think our aim has to be to win all of our home games and at least draw against Ireland and Serbia away from home, winning the other two away games. Can't wait for the trip to Ireland in March, should be a cracker. 
It probably won't, we don't do crackers, but we do craic. There will be loads of that.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 7, 2016, 03:55:34 pm »
Didn't know that Italy haven't lost a EURO/World Cup qualifier game since 2006. They are unbeaten in 52 games. That's pretty good.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #116 on: October 7, 2016, 04:43:09 pm »
Didn't know that Italy haven't lost a EURO/World Cup qualifier game since 2006. They are unbeaten in 52 games. That's pretty good.
Why are they not top seeds? It makes no sense.

Offline Eleven

• Voted for Trump. Not keen on LGBT rights.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #117 on: October 7, 2016, 04:49:22 pm »
Why are they not top seeds? It makes no sense.
I think it's go to do with their friendlies record, Italy never take those seriously and treat them as a training exercise.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #118 on: October 7, 2016, 04:51:12 pm »
I think it's go to do with their friendlies record, Italy never take those seriously and treat them as a training exercise.
Losing to us at the Euros can't help either.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 7, 2016, 07:41:07 pm »
Ghana drew at home with Uganda, come on Egypt.

My dream is to see Liverpool win the league and Egypt qualify to the World cup, surely I am not asking for too much.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590