Author Topic: Mayweather - McGregor  (Read 162641 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mayweather - McGregor
« Reply #2600 on: August 29, 2017, 09:02:21 pm »
7s if you're out there...please lock this nonsense!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2601 on: August 29, 2017, 09:04:16 pm »

Pleeeeease .... he/she won't stop  :butt

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2602 on: August 29, 2017, 09:06:47 pm »
I agree. Lock it. I am done with this. The boxing purists can't handle the truth.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2603 on: August 29, 2017, 09:07:34 pm »
He wasn't fishing :lmao

Fucking hell, he wasn't fishing

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2604 on: August 29, 2017, 09:09:01 pm »
I agree. Lock it. I am done with this. The boxing purists can't handle the truth.

It's not the truth.

It's your incessant version of what you perceive by bigging up Conor lasting beyond 30 seconds of the fight.

Who really gives a shit but you?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2605 on: August 29, 2017, 09:16:07 pm »

Who are these 'boxing purists' who thought the fight would go any way other than it did? The consensus among pretty much anyone who had ever seen Floyd fight before was that exactly what happened would happen.

I genuinely have no idea who you're arguing with.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #2606 on: August 29, 2017, 09:21:47 pm »
 :butt  :butt  :butt  :butt  :butt  :butt

7's, Alan, anyone. You know what to do

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: August 29, 2017, 09:25:42 pm »
:butt  :butt  :butt  :butt  :butt  :butt

7's, Alan, anyone. You know what to do

Best thread on RAWK. Remember the roundhouse kicks?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: August 29, 2017, 09:29:08 pm »
Well I did call it a circus and this thread just proves my point without a shadow of a doubt. ;D

We all knew what was going to happen and that was a Floyd win and guess what? that's what we got pretty comfortably.  :wave

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: August 29, 2017, 09:31:43 pm »
UFC lads time to go back to your thread. :wave

Boxing lads come on, Lusty's giving us a piggyback ride home.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2610 on: August 29, 2017, 09:35:04 pm »

As if anyone's giving you a piggyback you fat bastard!

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2611 on: August 29, 2017, 10:07:25 pm »

Our thread would beat your thread pal. We'd keep you at kicking distance and make you scared
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: August 29, 2017, 10:09:51 pm »
As if anyone's giving you a piggyback you fat bastard!

;D

Our thread would beat your thread pal. We'd keep you at kicking distance and make you scared

We'd send in Fordy. He's the Shannon Briggs of the RAWK Boxing thread. "LET'S GO UFC THREAD".

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: August 29, 2017, 10:18:08 pm »
;D

We'd send in Fordy. He's the Shannon Briggs of the RAWK Boxing thread. "LET'S GO UFC THREAD".

We'll send in LFC when it suits, reading his posts will damage your brain more than any concussion!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #2614 on: August 29, 2017, 11:12:29 pm »
My oh my; you're a silly billy eh? There isn't an MMA fighter that beats a top 30 boxer in a boxing match in any weight division. Likewise, boxers have no business in an Octagon. Now let's lock this thread!

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2615 on: August 29, 2017, 11:16:18 pm »
I thought the people saying Floyd goes down and gives up his 0.. for a rematch were far more hilarious.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Elisha S

• talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2616 on: August 29, 2017, 11:29:26 pm »
 Mayweather must be ecstatic to wipe clean some of the stench from the Pacquiao farce. That was probably the worst top level fight i have ever seen.

How many punches did McGregor land? Because there were a multitude of boxing èxperts` who said he wouldn`t land a single one.

That uppercut to Mayweathers chin would have ended the fight on another night. 

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2617 on: August 29, 2017, 11:49:14 pm »
Mayweather must be ecstatic to wipe clean some of the stench from the Pacquiao farce. That was probably the worst top level fight i have ever seen.

How many punches did McGregor land? Because there were a multitude of boxing èxperts` who said he wouldn`t land a single one.

That uppercut to Mayweathers chin would have ended the fight on another night.

26%, and no it wouldn't.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2618 on: August 30, 2017, 12:03:45 am »
26%? That makes no sense..He said how many.  That's like saying what did you eat for tea? oh 4.5% of the fridge.

He landed 111 punches compared to Manny's 81.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: August 30, 2017, 12:12:07 am »
26%? That makes no sense..He said how many.  That's like saying what did you eat for tea? oh 4.5% of the fridge.

26% is a high number for someone facing Floyd.

Because Floyd knew he couldn't hurt him.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: August 30, 2017, 12:17:04 am »
If anyone of those or Mayweather stepped into the cage with McGregor, they wouldn't last a round. So what's your point? They would get KOed or submitted within 1 round.
You know what I'd reckon GGG would leave McGregor unconscious in a cage, or if they fought anywhere for that matter One punch and he'd be gone.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2621 on: August 30, 2017, 12:21:39 am »

That is such a pointless statistic and it has been put out there without any context to it. Floyd respected Manny, he was way over the hill when they fought but he was still a world champion at several weights and posed a genuine threat. As such, Floyd was more pragmatic. He knew Manny had power, he knew he could cause him problems and he was not going to be reckless against him.

Against Conor? He treated at as an exhibition fight because that is all it was. Floyd doesn't walk his opponents down very often. He was happy to eat some jabs and weak rights and lefts from Conor to go forward and get into range to land his own punches. That was a huge change in style for Floyd and it is something that non-boxing fans seem to miss spectacularly. He didn't do that against Manny or the other champions he faced because it would be asking for trouble.

Conor landed a few decent punches but that is because on the main Floyd wasn't concerned with getting hit and he didn't respect Conor's power which proved to be non-existent. If Floyd had made it a defensive masterclass and potshotted his way to victory as he has done in the past against serious boxers then he would have been laughed out of the room and rightly so. He beat up Conor because Conor isn't a boxer. It is not hard.

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2622 on: August 30, 2017, 12:25:52 am »
You know what I'd reckon GGG would leave McGregor unconscious in a cage, or if they fought anywhere for that matter One punch and he'd be gone.

He has a punchers chance. 99 times out of 100, McGregor would KO him standing or submit him in the first round. If it goes past the second, which it wouldn't, then his chances also increase cos Conor has no cardio. It's easy saying one punch, but how is he going to land that one punch when McGregor can use his kicks to dictate the range.

Speaking of these fantasy matchups post McGregor-Mayweather, Tony Bellew called out Michael Bisping for a fight in the UFC and Andre Berto said that he wants to fight in the UFC also. Berto's father actually fought in the UFC and his brother is an MMA fighter. Make it happen Dana.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: August 30, 2017, 12:36:40 am »

;D  ;D ;D

I love your boxing breakdowns but you've just made me laugh my tits off. Kwalitee

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: August 30, 2017, 12:40:09 am »

That is such a pointless statistic and it has been put out there without any context to it. Floyd respected Manny, he was way over the hill when they fought but he was still a world champion at several weights and posed a genuine threat. As such, Floyd was more pragmatic. He knew Manny had power, he knew he could cause him problems and he was not going to be reckless against him.

Against Conor? He treated at as an exhibition fight because that is all it was. Floyd doesn't walk his opponents down very often. He was happy to eat some jabs and weak rights and lefts from Conor to go forward and get into range to land his own punches. That was a huge change in style for Floyd and it is something that non-boxing fans seem to miss spectacularly. He didn't do that against Manny or the other champions he faced because it would be asking for trouble.

Conor landed a few decent punches but that is because on the main Floyd wasn't concerned with getting hit and he didn't respect Conor's power which proved to be non-existent. If Floyd had made it a defensive masterclass and potshotted his way to victory as he has done in the past against serious boxers then he would have been laughed out of the room and rightly so. He beat up Conor because Conor isn't a boxer. It is not hard.

I said I was done, but I am too tempted to refute this argument. You talk about a huge change in style for Floyd but you neglect to mention that Floyd usually adopts a high gaurd and is usually more aggressive against southpaws. That is in big part because his philly shell defence is less effective vs southpaws and walking them down and pressuring can negate the advantages of the different angles that a southpaw poses towards an orthodox fighter. Therefore, he often esorts to walking them down. Though he didn't fight that way vs Manny, that's how he fought Zab Judah as an example and that's how he fought against Conor after the 3rd round when Conor started gassing. He fought similar vs Zab Judah as he did vs Conor and Zab only landed 82 punches at 19% the whole fight in 12 rounds while Conor landed 111 in 10 rounds at 26%.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:00:14 am by LFC when it suits »

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2625 on: August 30, 2017, 12:40:09 am »

He wouldn't mate. In a four sided ring it would be hilarious tho

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #2626 on: August 30, 2017, 01:18:22 am »
Cm Punk would  do better in a cage against McG than GGG in lieu of the fact he's more experienced in mma

/joke
YNWA

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2627 on: August 30, 2017, 01:33:38 am »
Boxing is the most limited of all striking arts.
And kicking is for girls.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2628 on: August 30, 2017, 06:38:58 am »

No, he really wouldn't. He would have a one percent chance and that's it.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: August 30, 2017, 06:50:26 am »
I'm sure there was a 'Boxers aren't fighters' shout. Arse am i going back trying to find it though
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 06:57:42 am by Lawnmowerman »

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2630 on: August 30, 2017, 07:32:36 am »

He'd have a far far bigger chance of beating Conor in an Octagon than Conor would beating him in the ring.

GGG would flatten Conor within 30 seconds in a boxing ring.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #2631 on: August 30, 2017, 08:53:39 am »

Have asked big mods

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2632 on: August 30, 2017, 09:14:48 am »
The fight's done and the outcome has been discussed to death.

Don't take this into the normal boxing thread. Cheers.