Author Topic: Who the hell is Mark Gonzalez  (Read 93459 times)

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
Re: Who the hell is Mark Gonzalez
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2006, 08:20:07 pm »
One or two glimpses on highlights and you're all frothing at the mouth. He's simply the Spanish Bernard Diomede.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Wouldn't say he's that bad, but i know what you mean about people getting to excited.We'll just have to wait and see, i always give every new reds player a chnace to prove himself before i say he's good or bad.

That was a great shot before though, but what had he done before that and what since on the other hand?
Im not bein negative, you could just say im sitting on the fench...and it f'n hurts!  ;D

Offline wilburkop

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2006, 08:20:14 pm »
excuse my stupidity what number is he??

Offline Loyal Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2006, 08:20:58 pm »
He's simply the Spanish Bernard Diomede.

We can only hope.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2006, 08:21:08 pm »
He's Number 3 i think.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2006, 08:21:25 pm »
One or two glimpses on highlights and you're all frothing at the mouth. He's simply the Spanish Bernard Diomede.

uh huh, and you said the nic withdrawal was going well... :P
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline wilburkop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2006, 08:22:19 pm »
Wouldn't say he's that bad, but i know what you mean about people getting to excited.We'll just have to wait and see, i always give every new reds player a chnace to prove himself before i say he's good or bad.

That was a great shot before though, but what had he done before that and what since on the other hand?
Im not bein negative, you could just say im sitting on the fench...and it f'n hurts!  ;D

hasn't he only just come back from serious injury?

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2006, 08:26:14 pm »

hasn't he only just come back from serious injury?

I'm not saying he's doing poor and he is playing against a class team.Just not getting my hopes up too much, even though he looks good in glimpses.

Offline kopitekop1

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2006, 08:29:47 pm »
bit harsh he looks better than that has got real pace and what a left foot mind you the premiership is a purely different league but he does tackle and is hard to push off the ball looks like a strong player
The reds are coming up the hill boys

Offline wilburkop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2006, 08:29:58 pm »
I'm not saying he's doing poor and he is playing against a class team.Just not getting my hopes up too much, even though he looks good in glimpses.
fair enough mate but my fingers are firmly crossed

Offline mjgill85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bees? Beads?
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2006, 08:31:28 pm »
OK, I read this thread, see he's playing. Switch on my stream. I see Ronaldinho missing with a free-kick and then Gonzales gets substituted :(

Great timing
@_michaelgill

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2006, 08:39:34 pm »
He's playing on the left tonight - but can he play on both wings?? I thought the reason we got him was to sort out the right sided problem?

Don't think so really, we all knew he was for the left side, to give Harry some competition. Not sure where that leaves Zenden though...he might not be here next season.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Online Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2006, 12:19:45 am »
without getting carried away in the bits he was involved in tonight he did really well. He had 2 1 on 1's with Olegeur and di well and showed a good burst of speed. then in the 25th minute he burst past 2 and crashed a shot against the post which hit that clown Valdes on the back of his leg and fell fortunately into his hands.

other than that Sociedad really didn't get him on the ball enough for the rest of the 1st half and he was subbed after 65 mins. He looked effective and made his team look dangerous when he was on the ball but in all fairness his teammates didn't didn't make best use of his talents.

still, as I say, looked good in bits. certainally he seemed to enjoy taking his man on, getting to the byline and putting in some good crosses.

Well in Speedy. see you soon.

YNWA.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2006, 01:46:37 am »
Don't think so really, we all knew he was for the left side, to give Harry some competition. Not sure where that leaves Zenden though...he might not be here next season.

I think Zenden could play through the middle a la Stevie G.

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2006, 02:57:22 am »
I think Zenden could play through the middle a la Stevie G.

Probably his best position as he doesn't have the pace he used to have as he gets older.
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline 2dogs in LA

• Anny Roader
  • JUST A QUIET MAN SPREADING THE WORD
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2006, 03:59:08 am »
:D Just saw him on Fox Sports World Report unless there is another Mark Gonzales. He flew past (between actually) two players then whacked a (at least) twentyfive yarder with his left foot (he was coming in from a just inside left position [I could do with Andy "yes I'll manage Everton 'coz I know everything and can always point out the errors of any manager." "actually, I wont show myself up as the gobshite I am" Grey's draughts table for this!] just inside the oppo's half) that swerved and dipped ferociously past the keeper but hit the post.

Looked good though.

He looks like he has a similar stature to Garcia from what little I saw but he is only young so he may fill out. King Kenny was no giant and he did alright. His only real spell out with injury was when that manc twat broke his face! He still looks great though. If I caught him in bed with me bird, I'd ask him if he had sugar in his tea.

So, anyway, Mark Gonzalez looked interesting to me. I wish we had him tomorrow. If we play the way we did the other day it will be horrible. Same result would do.

p.s. Agger looks fuckin' boss to me.  :)
WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2006, 04:14:42 am »
^-- Yeah, that's our Gonzalez ;)

And yeah, Agger's great :D
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2006, 04:15:45 am »
Is his real name Marco?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2006, 04:18:49 am »
:D Just saw him on Fox Sports World Report unless there is another Mark Gonzales. He flew past (between actually) two players then whacked a (at least) twentyfive yarder with his left foot (he was coming in from a just inside left position [I could do with Andy "yes I'll manage Everton 'coz I know everything and can always point out the errors of any manager." "actually, I wont show myself up as the gobshite I am" Grey's draughts table for this!] just inside the oppo's half) that swerved and dipped ferociously past the keeper but hit the post.

Looked good though.

He looks like he has a similar stature to Garcia from what little I saw but he is only young so he may fill out. King Kenny was no giant and he did alright. His only real spell out with injury was when that manc twat broke his face! He still looks great though. If I caught him in bed with me bird, I'd ask him if he had sugar in his tea.

So, anyway, Mark Gonzalez looked interesting to me. I wish we had him tomorrow. If we play the way we did the other day it will be horrible. Same result would do.

p.s. Agger looks fuckin' boss to me.  :)

:lmao

Had me in stitches.

Offline SwedeKenny

• Kemlynite
  • Robbie havin' a sniff
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2006, 05:10:37 am »
Probably his best position as he doesn't have the pace he used to have as he gets older.

Agree. Zenden as backup for Steven is a quiet good one. Did a good job at Middlesbrough in that position. Zenden is versatile, he could even act as backup at left fullback, and I rahter see him there then Traore or Warnock.

One thing that strucks me is that it's often said that wingers in football loose their paqce with age, how is that? A lot of sprinters are at  their best in their early 30's.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2006, 10:14:41 am »
Is his real name Marco?

no his real name is mark. born in south africa (could be why?)
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2006, 10:21:28 am »
Agree. Zenden as backup for Steven is a quiet good one. Did a good job at Middlesbrough in that position. Zenden is versatile, he could even act as backup at left fullback, and I rahter see him there then Traore or Warnock.

One thing that strucks me is that it's often said that wingers in football loose their paqce with age, how is that? A lot of sprinters are at  their best in their early 30's.

Sprinters don't tend to get hairy full backs booting their legs twice a week from the age of 12, and don't perform competitively 60 odd times a year.

Maybe injuries take their toll?

Or maybe the drugs do work?
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2006, 11:18:44 am »
I watched for the first time yesterday, and he did do well. Also worth noting he was delivering some brilliant corners in from the left. When he got back and won the ball off Oleguer (Barca's right full back) he impressed me even more, he'll also do well linking up with Riise who likes to get forward.

I doubt he'll go straight into the first team though, he's very young, has talent and speed, but he'll need to up his level to play regularly in Liverpool's first team.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2006, 06:54:03 pm »
Saw that move by Gonzalez........very nice ;)
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2006, 12:48:46 pm »
Well impressed with MG on Saturday. That is the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen him and he is getting better each time. He seems to have genuine pace which he is not afraid to use along with the ability to keep the ball under control whilst going at full tilt. His delivery from corners was top notch as well.

I think he may get a run in the first team sooner than we think.
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline muz54

• Boys Pen
« Reply #184 on: March 20, 2006, 01:31:53 pm »
Rafa has already made it clear during the whole work permit saga that Speedy was good enough to walk straight in to the first team.

One of the few positions that has not been rotated this year is left wing because we only have Kewell and Riise who can play there... Harry's playing time next season will be consideraby reduced when Speedy comes on board...

Offline ReturnofGav

• Main Stander
« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2006, 01:36:40 pm »
another south american lightweight then!

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2006, 01:36:51 pm »
looks like he's gonna be a good player to me. Still very young, lots of skill and real pace

Offline IrishDave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2006, 01:53:41 pm »
another south american lightweight then!

He might be lightweight but he sure had the Barca defence more worried than Robben or Joe "England's genius" Cole ever did.

Offline Buster 'Hook Hand' Bluth

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm a monster!
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2006, 02:40:02 pm »
One of the few positions that has not been rotated this year is left wing because we only have Kewell and Riise who can play there... Harry's playing time next season will be consideraby reduced when Speedy comes on board...

And Zenden, when he was fit.

Not sure Harry's playing time will be reduced - Rafa clearly rates him, and will play him behind the strikers as well.
Who is this man, where is he from?
Defenders ask "Where has he gone?"
He fools them all, there is no doubt
This is the man this song's about,
And like the Kop, you'll hear me shout
"Give it to Heighway."

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2006, 03:08:15 pm »
Harry's playing time next season will be consideraby reduced when Speedy comes on board...

How many chickens is in them eggs?
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline ReturnofGav

• Main Stander
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2006, 03:13:40 pm »
He might be lightweight but he sure had the Barca defence more worried than Robben or Joe "England's genius" Cole ever did.

European football is different from Premiership!

Fulham players have ring round the chelsea players on sunday.....so lets buy them too!

Offline Zverko

• Kopite
  • keep it simple stupid
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2006, 03:17:10 pm »
Saw highlights of the game, and Speedy really looks good, and that was a cracking shot!!
The King: "The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here"

Offline Saracen Salcano

• Would like an identity
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2006, 03:35:38 pm »
Has the look of Reyes about him.  Quick and light footed, all left foot and takes on his man willy nilly.  But is technically is inferior to the Spaniard IMO.

Still, a more willing to run off the ball alternative to the more involved with the ball style of Kewell.

This could be our midfield next year.

Simao - Alonso - Gerrard - Gonzalez

Maybe a bit too latin for some of the die hards though
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 03:37:30 pm by Saracen Salcano »
COBRA KAI NEVER DIES

Offline IrishDave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2006, 03:38:56 pm »
European football is different from Premiership!

Fulham players have ring round the chelsea players on sunday.....so lets buy them too!

Been constantly linked with Malbranque and Boa Morte.

Regardless of European football being different, holding off Puyol or Marquez is not easy if you are lightweight.

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2006, 03:41:46 pm »
Can't see him being first choice ahead of Harry.

Expect him to play in the Carling Cup, FA Cup, or whenever Harry is tired.

Dont forget about Bolo though.

LM looks promising next season, with 4 'possibilites'.

Offline Scouse Mouse

• Kopite
  • swotimtalkinbout
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2006, 05:09:52 pm »
Looks handy, and I've seen him play a lot better than that for Chile. Should certainly keep Harry on his toes.
Shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you.

Offline mgRED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Believe!
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2006, 02:53:35 am »
This could be our midfield next year.

Simao - Alonso - Gerrard - Gonzalez

Maybe a bit too latin for some of the die hards though

Couldn't care less as long as they bring us the title next season. 
"I'd won two titles and the UEFA Cup before I joined Liverpool and just because I've added one more trophy to that list, it doesn't mean my job is done. It's only just started." - Rafa Benitez

IN RAFA WE TRUST!!

Offline Juice

• Anny Roader
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2006, 03:14:55 am »

He's got bags of pace so it seems. But one thing I've noticed about him in the games he's played is that he's got very quick feet, ala Ronaldo for man utd.

It's fair to say that you need to see him in action for us before you make a judgement, and that you can't base your opinions on one game. But you can see what attributes a player has, and these can't be taken away.

Fast, fiery, quick feet, not scared to get stuck in, agile, low centre of balance, and, from what little I've seen, can shoot with a good deal of venom aswell. His accuracy with his shooting and crossing though IS something that would need to be judged over time. 

He has the makings of a very dangerous winger.

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2006, 09:08:08 am »
anyone got any links to the highlights of the match last weekend???
http://game2.mafiadeath.com/r/35526.php
MafiaDeath Username: gabrown

Offline Luis Garcia scores again

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2006, 09:11:23 am »
We will have options