Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3473450 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #54760 on: May 12, 2022, 11:34:42 pm »
Has anyone else seen Look Who's Back?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look_Who%27s_Back_(film)

I was just thinking about it. Unlikely to be on Disneyplus I suppose.

It's a German film based on a book about Hitler waking up now and being taken in as a darling by social media as an entertainer who then gets a foothold in politics

I recommend it. God knows when it'll appear on Netflix or Amazon or whatever. Its interesting. Probably not as much as a Gambit film but yknow

Sort of like an unscripted right wing Borat
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 11:36:57 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54761 on: May 15, 2022, 11:58:26 pm »
Just seen Everything Everywhere All At Once.

This film is absolutely outstanding. Deserves all the praise it’s been getting. People need to watch this film. It deserves to be successful.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #54762 on: May 16, 2022, 08:54:52 pm »

This film is absolutely outstanding. Deserves all the praise it’s been getting. People need to watch this film. It deserves to be successful.

This film is top of my list (after Top Gun) and it occurs to me it would be a good descriptor and book title for this era of Klopp's Liverpool.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #54763 on: May 16, 2022, 09:53:53 pm »
Bit late to it, but watched Last Night in Soho last night. Thought it was really good and a bit different but cleverly done. Wasn’t what I expected but really enjoyed how it played out
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #54764 on: May 17, 2022, 11:29:53 pm »
 :wellin

Everything.Everywhere.All.At.Once.2022.1080p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-EVO

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54765 on: May 17, 2022, 11:41:15 pm »

Went to see it this afternoon, a genuinely stunning film. Absolutely brilliant, but also quite unhinged at times.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #54766 on: May 18, 2022, 12:02:30 am »
Bit late to it, but watched Last Night in Soho last night. Thought it was really good and a bit different but cleverly done. Wasn’t what I expected but really enjoyed how it played out

Yeah, I'm surprised about the negativity around it. It's quite good.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #54767 on: May 19, 2022, 02:26:32 am »
was looking forward to Morbius, while downloading noticed it got panned but meh, plenty of films others dont rate i liked, subject matter up my street, sweet

starts fine, not the best origin building story but it's ok, moves into main story and then... main story is just boring, soon as i saw which way it was going i was like 'oh no, fuck sake'

could that story have worked if done well? im not sure it was very cliche and just lazy, to me. but there's lots of problems to be honest, script, editing - it's all over the place, story pacing, side/incidental story content seems to have been hatched together by a class of film students, hardly anything actually needs to be there apart from the main story and that in itself is shit

also this film has a major problem in that besides the main male and female lead (who i like despite the appalling script) - no one in this movie can fucking act, it's horrific, as i know some of those actors can actually act, i think the director takes a big hit on this - the 'dr who' dude was genuinely shocking in how bad he was

then you get the marvel post credits teasers and im like, fuck, this is one hell of a trainwreck - so i cant even hope for a sequel to be any good either

it's just a mess, it really is

so that's two films i was eagerly awaiting from marvel - spidey and this, which have both been utter shite, they have way more misses than hits, that's for sure

thankfull i did have Batman inbetween these two, which i loved so i've liked 1 out of 3 movies so far this year i was hoping for (oh and Eternals, was okish but disappointing still)

i have the northman ready to watch and Everything Everywhere All At Once im going to get, i know they are viewed as good movies so here's hoping
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 02:37:10 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #54768 on: May 19, 2022, 09:09:20 pm »
I really enjoyed The Lost City just brilliantly stupid fun
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 11:15:20 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54769 on: May 20, 2022, 12:06:35 am »
was looking forward to Morbius, while downloading noticed it got panned but meh, plenty of films others dont rate i liked, subject matter up my street, sweet

starts fine, not the best origin building story but it's ok, moves into main story and then... main story is just boring, soon as i saw which way it was going i was like 'oh no, fuck sake'

could that story have worked if done well? im not sure it was very cliche and just lazy, to me. but there's lots of problems to be honest, script, editing - it's all over the place, story pacing, side/incidental story content seems to have been hatched together by a class of film students, hardly anything actually needs to be there apart from the main story and that in itself is shit

also this film has a major problem in that besides the main male and female lead (who i like despite the appalling script) - no one in this movie can fucking act, it's horrific, as i know some of those actors can actually act, i think the director takes a big hit on this - the 'dr who' dude was genuinely shocking in how bad he was

then you get the marvel post credits teasers and im like, fuck, this is one hell of a trainwreck - so i cant even hope for a sequel to be any good either

it's just a mess, it really is

so that's two films i was eagerly awaiting from marvel - spidey and this, which have both been utter shite, they have way more misses than hits, that's for sure

thankfull i did have Batman inbetween these two, which i loved so i've liked 1 out of 3 movies so far this year i was hoping for (oh and Eternals, was okish but disappointing still)

i have the northman ready to watch and Everything Everywhere All At Once im going to get, i know they are viewed as good movies so here's hoping

Every film just feels like it’s made to set up the next film or to drop Easter eggs about connected films or tv series.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54770 on: May 20, 2022, 07:04:09 am »
yeah, it certainly does (even then you could actually try and make a good movie in the first place)

i did enjoy Everything Everywhere All At Once - bananas but good bananas
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #54771 on: May 21, 2022, 09:56:45 pm »
I some how just ended up watching the new Chip and Dale movie

And its brilliant so many great jokes about Disney and other film franchises.

Come on ugly sonic from the first trailer is in it.

Really enjoyed the film now get batman vs ET made
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54772 on: May 21, 2022, 11:34:32 pm »

Watched this yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved Chip N Dale as a kid and this Lonely Island infused comeback was brilliant.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54773 on: May 23, 2022, 05:41:09 am »
i saw that and recall playing their videogames but thought too sugary for me, maybe i'll give it a spin when i want to vegetate

i did download the other cartoon there, the bad guys, was ok, fine for a spin if your headspace is watching something easy

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54774 on: May 23, 2022, 05:11:47 pm »
Got a couple of hours to myself tonight.  After watching 'The Conversation' the other night, I'm moving on to another of Gene Hackman's starring role movies, The French Connection.

Working my way through the Top 100 movie's of all time list and hoovering up the movies I for some inexplicable reason, have never seen.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #54775 on: May 23, 2022, 08:59:10 pm »
Couple of films i watched last week or so whilst not being mobile due to having a broken leg

The Northman - Great, superb visuals, good story, great cast 7/10
Everything, everywhere all the time - Superb, take some beating to get past this as movie of the year, good multiverse  9/10
Stillwater - Decent, worth a watch, read the synopsis and went hmmm this'll be shite, but was ok 7/10
Ghostbusters Afterlife - Went into this expecting to hate it, was pleasantly surprised, enjoyed it. 7/10

Due to watching some decent movies, im sure the ratio will level out and ill get some shite

The Plan is to watch X, Uncharted , Studio 666 and Liquorice pizza this week as we prep for Paris..
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 09:03:33 pm by Casta »
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #54776 on: May 25, 2022, 09:12:18 am »

Wasn't even planning on watching it, but didn't realise it was free on Disney+ so watched it last night....tremendous little film :D

Proper Wreck It Ralph vibes about it, so many little nods to films, games, series etc that only 'older' people would get. Nearly spat my drink out when they were in the sauna and
Spoiler
Randy from South Park
[close]
was in there.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54777 on: May 25, 2022, 11:39:29 am »
Booked into the Dolby Atmos screen for Top Gun tonight. Read nothing but great things about it so far.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #54778 on: May 25, 2022, 01:57:45 pm »
One of the films I'm in just went on general release, via the TV3 streaming app Go3......

Horror/comedy/crime thriller described by one critic as, "Agatha Christie on speed...!" and this week it was shown at Cannes :P

https://go3.tv/movies/the-sixth-secret,vod-4156263

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54779 on: May 25, 2022, 04:21:39 pm »
Thoroughly enjoyed Top Gun:Maverick

The aerial stunt work for this film, involving the actual actors in the planes is amazing. A really good story that builds on the original whilst creating a new story.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54780 on: May 25, 2022, 10:18:08 pm »
couldn't stand the first top gun, anything in this for me considering that?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #54781 on: May 25, 2022, 10:53:04 pm »
One of the films I'm in just went on general release, via the TV3 streaming app Go3......

Horror/comedy/crime thriller described by one critic as, "Agatha Christie on speed...!" and this week it was shown at Cannes :P

https://go3.tv/movies/the-sixth-secret,vod-4156263
Do you play the witch mate?

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54782 on: May 26, 2022, 04:22:03 am »

everyone, including here, seemed to love this so i thought give it a shot even tho im thinking i cant watch a fucking chip n dale movie

not for me, it will get lumped into the same territory as roger rabbit and wreck-it ralph but while those are great movies, this for me is a big fat dud

but if you do like the aforementioned movies, you might like it, as many clearly have

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54783 on: May 27, 2022, 10:21:22 am »
couldn't stand the first top gun, anything in this for me considering that?
I'd say unlikely - there's such a strong 'plot-line' (if I can get away with saying that, given its nature!) tie-in between the two that almost all the references will pass you by if you didn't like/appreciate/get them first time around. The line about guns v missiles had me roaring with laughter - almost got thrown out the cinema for having such a good time and a good belly laugh at some parts (not out of piss-taking, but out of genuine appreciation for the enjoyment!)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54784 on: May 27, 2022, 10:21:33 am »
Do you play the witch mate?
Damn, rumbled......

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54785 on: May 29, 2022, 03:33:12 pm »
Rest of the family are going to a birthday party tomorrow, just booked myself a ticket to Maverick for 10.30am.  Really looking forward to it.

Tom Cruise is 59
Jacob Rees Mogg is 53.  It's a strange old world.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54786 on: May 29, 2022, 04:22:46 pm »
The trailer to the next Mission Impossible film looks great.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #54787 on: May 29, 2022, 06:39:11 pm »
Rest of the family are going to a birthday party tomorrow, just booked myself a ticket to Maverick for 10.30am.  Really looking forward to it.

Tom Cruise is 59
Jacob Rees Mogg is 53.  It's a strange old world.

Don't google Kelly McGillis from the original film.   :-X

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54788 on: May 30, 2022, 05:15:48 pm »
Probably far too late, but The Batman was pretty good, other than a few tacked on scenes appealing to certain 'rebel-cool' groups. Bruce Wayne spray painting his way to an epiphany...really....

Still love Bale's portrayal man.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 05:35:56 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54789 on: May 30, 2022, 05:56:31 pm »
Top Gun: Maverick is an absolute joy.  The best time I've had at the cinema in years.  He might be a massive oddball, but Tom Cruise is probably the last great movie star.  Better than the original in every way.

Going to watch it again the weekend.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #54790 on: May 30, 2022, 08:49:11 pm »
Bloody hell

I’ve just watched ‘Fresh’ on Disney

Not for the feint hearted… part American psycho, part the cook the thief his wife and her lover with a wee bit of shallow grave thrown in.

Was actually really good.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54791 on: May 30, 2022, 08:56:14 pm »
Bloody hell

I’ve just watched ‘Fresh’ on Disney

Not for the feint hearted… part American psycho, part the cook the thief his wife and her lover with a wee bit of shallow grave thrown in.

Was actually really good.

I thought it was excellent, absolutely mental but there's remarkably little blood involved. Not sure about Greenaway's film, but the Shallow Grave shout isn't far off, with a bit of the Hannibal TV show thrown in.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #54792 on: May 30, 2022, 11:36:14 pm »
I thought it was excellent, absolutely mental but there's remarkably little blood involved. Not sure about Greenaway's film, but the Shallow Grave shout isn't far off, with a bit of the Hannibal TV show thrown in.

Well the choice of food really ……

American Psycho was really well received, but I don’t like it that much.  Maybe because it went for a comic theme more than the morbid gruesome humour of the book. I wish it had been more like this.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #54793 on: May 30, 2022, 11:42:29 pm »
Top Gun: Maverick is an absolute joy.  The best time I've had at the cinema in years.  He might be a massive oddball, but Tom Cruise is probably the last great movie star.  Better than the original in every way.

Going to watch it again the weekend.

Watched it today and really enjoyed it. More action than in the original.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54794 on: May 31, 2022, 02:22:43 pm »
I'd say unlikely - there's such a strong 'plot-line' (if I can get away with saying that, given its nature!) tie-in between the two that almost all the references will pass you by if you didn't like/appreciate/get them first time around. The line about guns v missiles had me roaring with laughter - almost got thrown out the cinema for having such a good time and a good belly laugh at some parts (not out of piss-taking, but out of genuine appreciation for the enjoyment!)

thanks for that

tho i saw it years ago i couldnt remember much apart from the main theme so thought i'd give a go again - Transcendence (2014)

i know it was panned when it came out and viewed as a flop (financially it tanked i think) but i think in time it will gain some credit, a good solid sci-fi. while the main theme is nothing new it's done well with a good cast (dialogue isn't the best, granted) and its core conundrum is kept alive til the end of the movie and well worth a watch imo (in contrast Her (2013) has similar themes and got great critical acclaim and while fine, nowhere near as good)

Fantastic Beasts - The Secrets of Dumbledore, liked the first two FB, this one not on their level but enjoyable if you like the Potter universe
« Last Edit: June 1, 2022, 12:25:29 am by Armand9 »

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #54795 on: June 2, 2022, 06:05:37 pm »
Just to echo everyone else went to see Maverick in Imax earlier this week, just a great cinematic experience, really enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2022, 06:07:35 pm by filopastry »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54796 on: June 4, 2022, 12:19:40 am »
Ghostbusters Afterlife is good.

Not sure point of Matrix Revolutions. Even if Keanu is. a great bloke.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54797 on: June 4, 2022, 02:13:36 am »
loved the first ghostbusters, can't remember anything off the top of my head about II and the last one i saw with the all female cast was so lame i had to turn it off less than halfway through.

but you're not the first to praise the latest outing so i'll give it a spin

on the matrix, i love the trilogy overall and therefore pretend that additional monstrosity doesn't exist (a bit like Highlander, one of my fav films made worse by sequels, so i pretend they never happened)

edit: ghostbusters was ok, defo watchable

the northman was quality, not quite what i was expecting in that it was more 'basic' and devoid of anything hollywood, which was refreshing - the poster for the film, which is all i had to go off, is actually way more 'glamorous' than the film itself

fantastic score as well

watching it i couldnt help but think thank fuck i didnt live in those times, everything is just so fucking grim, let alone harsh and brutal in every facet of life. even tho there is a nod to it, exactly where was the joy in living in that world? hideous
« Last Edit: June 4, 2022, 12:07:46 pm by Armand9 »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54798 on: June 4, 2022, 11:59:20 am »
I was planning on watching the new Matrix but this page is putting me off. Not worth it at all?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54799 on: June 4, 2022, 12:01:18 pm »
I was planning on watching the new Matrix but this page is putting me off. Not worth it at all?

Horrible, I love the original trilogy but I struggled to even finish it.