Author Topic: PL: Libpool 4 v 3 Fulhm Leno OG 20’ Wlsn 24’ Mac 39’ Tete 45+3’ Reid 80 Endo 87  (Read 21812 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Houllier’s treble squad was very strong. Not the same amount of match winning talent as we have now or maybe 13/14 or at Rafa’s best but we genuinely had two options for nearly every position. 4 top strikers, loads of midfield options and full backs too. And a CB pairing who never seemed to miss games.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
It would be Utopia.   ;)

1-0 win, a famous victory.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
And then there's this...

BeIN Sports presenter Richard Keys  :wanker  has claimed that Trent Alexander-Arnold’s winning goal for Liverpool against Fulham was only given “because it’s at the Kop end”.

But the winning goal caused some controversy after the match with Greece international Kostas Tsimikas seemed to unfairly challenge Bobby De Cordova-Reid as both players jumped for the ball in the penalty area.

Keys and his fellow pundits in the beIN Sports studio discussed the winning goal with all of them deciding Tsimikas fouled De Cordova-Reid.

Former Liverpool player Jason McAteer said: “I’ve got to admit, I thought there was [a foul].

“Tsimikas, the way he challenged, he didn’t win the ball – he barged into the player. It’s a brave call to disallow that but for me that’s a foul.”

Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke agreed, he added: “It’s a clear foul, we all agree. Look at the defender and look where the ball went. He’s cleared the ball then got thumped afterwards.”

Ex-Everton man Andy Gray continued: “It’s only not a foul if Tsimikas wins the header.”

And Keys argued the goal was only given because it was at Liverpool’s famous Kop end, he said: “It’s only not a foul because it’s at the Kop end.”

But Fulham boss Marco Silva didn’t seem to have many complaints about the manner of his side’s defeat.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
And then there's this...

BeIN Sports presenter Richard Keys  :wanker  has claimed that Trent Alexander-Arnold’s winning goal for Liverpool against Fulham was only given “because it’s at the Kop end”.

But the winning goal caused some controversy after the match with Greece international Kostas Tsimikas seemed to unfairly challenge Bobby De Cordova-Reid as both players jumped for the ball in the penalty area.

Keys and his fellow pundits in the beIN Sports studio discussed the winning goal with all of them deciding Tsimikas fouled De Cordova-Reid.

Former Liverpool player Jason McAteer said: “I’ve got to admit, I thought there was [a foul].

“Tsimikas, the way he challenged, he didn’t win the ball – he barged into the player. It’s a brave call to disallow that but for me that’s a foul.”

Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke agreed, he added: “It’s a clear foul, we all agree. Look at the defender and look where the ball went. He’s cleared the ball then got thumped afterwards.”

Ex-Everton man Andy Gray continued: “It’s only not a foul if Tsimikas wins the header.”

And Keys argued the goal was only given because it was at Liverpool’s famous Kop end, he said: “It’s only not a foul because it’s at the Kop end.”

But Fulham boss Marco Silva didn’t seem to have many complaints about the manner of his side’s defeat.

I'd expect nothing less from that bunch of shitwits.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
See in my mind's eye we're good upto Xmas. Think we won every game in December a few years back too??

January is where I remember us being hit and miss
Yeah my memory has failed me there, I was thinking 21/22 the Brighton draw was around this time and closer to the dropped points with spurs, Chelsea and west ham which were actually after Christmas.

You're right, January and February seems to be our bigger problem historically. 08/09 there was Stoke, the home draws and Middlesbrough away. Under Rodgers there was the West Brom one. 18/19 we let city back in with a few draws around February time too.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
And then there's this...

Now there's a collection of brain trusts right there.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
See in my mind's eye we're good upto Xmas. Think we won every game in December a few years back too??

January is where I remember us being hit and miss

I had misperception also of us slumping in December, but you're right about it tending to be January where we have some bad results.

Since 2019-20 season, our December record in the PL over 19 matches is 14-4-1.  46 out of a possible 57. 

That match at Leicester when they beat us 1-0 when they played two midfielders at center back and Mo missed a penalty is what clouds my negative impressions. 

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
I drank that victory through a milkshake straw,  lovely stuff .
No time for caution.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I had misperception also of us slumping in December, but you're right about it tending to be January where we have some bad results.

Since 2019-20 season, our December record in the PL over 19 matches is 14-4-1.  46 out of a possible 57. 

That match at Leicester when they beat us 1-0 when they played two midfielders at center back and Mo missed a penalty is what clouds my negative impressions. 

We are good in late Nov-December and have been since 17-18 where the form and Klopp's understanding kicked in and then after that we have been excellent. It allows us to be a bit iffy in Jan but it not affect us too much.

I think in 18-19 we only conceded a couple of goals from the end of Nov until that game where we beat Arsenal 5-1 at the end of December.

We would have done that as well in 21/22 as well but Covid got us and that led to those results against Spurs and Leicester.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2023, 09:07:39 pm by killer-heels »

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
I mean, hes right in one way. No way that goal would have been allowed on etihad or OT

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
And then there's this...

If that’s a foul then there is a foul anytime players challenge for a cross.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I actually think there was a case for a foul from Fulham. The angle wasnt the best but it seemed like Tsimikas whilst jumping for the ball challenged the player from behind.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
I thought Klopp got his first substitutions badly wrong but rectified it in the last 10 minutes.

Gomez/Gakpo on for Mac/Szob was designed to push Trent into DM, with Gakpo and Gravenberch as the #8s. Gakpo showed some great hunger when he came on, but I thought it made Trent less effective and we ended up losing our way a bit, during which Fulham also scored. It was 20 minutes of us not doing much despite a lot of huffing and puffing.

When Endo came on for Gravenberch, I saw a lot of shouts from people saying "Eh? We need a goal and we're putting on Endo? What's Klopp playing at?", but it was pretty evident that was to release Trent into a #8 role and we saw how that played out. I don't think anyone expected Endo to score and that was definitely a bonus, but Trent being released into a free midfield role was the key to getting us ticking again.

Will admit I didn't celebrate the winner as much as I should've because I thought that Tsimikas' leap would've been given as a foul in the build-up. Happy to be on the right side of a decision like that for once, though.

On another note, Alisson has bailed us out numerous times - even when we've played well in games - and meant we've only had to score 1 or 2 where otherwise we may have needed 3 or 4. With Kelleher in goal for the next few weeks, we better have our shooting boots on.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
If that’s a foul then there is a foul anytime players challenge for a cross.
If that’s a foul then Jimenez would have been sent off for persistent foul play.
Their tactic was to go long targeting VVD and Tsimi.
Jiminez would start out wide and then just run infield and  jump into the defender. VVD was furious with the ref because it was constantly happening and was ignored.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I actually think there was a case for a foul from Fulham. The angle wasnt the best but it seemed like Tsimikas whilst jumping for the ball challenged the player from behind.

There was a foul in one of Fulham's goals as well, but that was allowed. It is the way they referee now they let so much go unpunished.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Can’t ever see Harry Wilson play without thinking of how much he looks like this chap.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Did well to restrict these to 3, didn't we? ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
Struggling to remember in my lifetime when we've had such a strong bench (born 1990). It was the death knell for Rafa's title charge, and Rodger's in 2014 too. Didn't help Jurgen in his first couple of years here either.

This time we're more often than not making a real impact once the subs are brought on.

We did have a great bench in the 21/22 season, remember many games in the run- in that were impacted by the bench.
Inter Away also the bench changed the game.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Did well to restrict these to 3, didn't we? ;D
Their last two results have put a bit of context to our struggles and then eventual good result against them.

The league seems really unpredictable this season with teams being lauded for great form then taking a hammering (West Ham) or vice versa (Spurs).  Then you've got teams that are great at home but poor away (Villa and Newcastle).  It gets even more random at this time of the year as clubs that are used to only playing once a week start having to play twice a week.

I'd love us to start breezing through games but just don't see it happening.  Sticking points on the board, however that comes about, is a great knack to have.