Author Topic: Norwich City  (Read 12822 times)

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
Re: Norwich City
« Reply #120 on: November 7, 2021, 01:21:12 pm »
You could say it's strange timing, but this sacking should have been done ages ago. One win is no compensation for the last however many defeats. And now they the international break in which to appoint someone new, get  them in the door and get them training the team before the season resumes in a couple of weeks. The decision had clearly already been made and I hope they have someone in mind already, to make the transition easier. Poor Norwich fans have suffered enough already.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 7, 2021, 02:22:52 pm »
They could always offer Allardyce a truckload of Delia's pies and cakes to keep them up.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 7, 2021, 02:31:16 pm »
Former Norwich striker Chris Sutton told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I think if Norwich have to make a change, they have to make it now to give themselves a chance.

"I think Farke's done a fantastic job, Norwich backed his model, they gave him a four-year deal in the summer.

"This must have been in the thought process for a while. We don't like to see people sacked, but Norwich City want the best chance to be in the Premier League.

"You look at teams like Brentford, they're competitive. Norwich haven't been."

Haven't they been very restricted on transfers, sell to buy etc rather than backing his model? Nothing wrong with a club having spending limits of course, but simply giving the manager a long contract doesn't really equate to backing a model.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: November 8, 2021, 05:08:39 pm »
The shortlist is a bit weird; Lampard, Dean Smith and... Hassenhuttl who is already at a bigger club. If they sack Farke and replace him with Lampard it'll be a total disaster.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 8, 2021, 05:38:27 pm »
The shortlist is a bit weird; Lampard, Dean Smith and... Hassenhuttl who is already at a bigger club. If they sack Farke and replace him with Lampard it'll be a total disaster.

:o
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 8, 2021, 05:41:26 pm »
Lampard would be hilarious!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #126 on: November 8, 2021, 05:45:46 pm »
Lampard would be hilarious!

So Frank, what first attracted you to a job reporting into legendary chef Delia Smith?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #127 on: November 9, 2021, 01:11:05 pm »
Lampard won't go there, given the position they're already in and the lack of transfer budget. In fact, if he does go there it only proves one thing - that he is far and away more arrogant than even many believe and rates himself far beyond anything he's ever achieved as a coach would suggest.

Hassenhuttl as has been said is bizarre - leave a Southampton team he has kept competitive on a small spend and actually has some talented players, for a less talented group, with less prospects and less money, at a smaller club? Don't think so. Smith or Wilder probably feels about right, though I don't know that Wilder's style gels with Norwich's identity. Smith did well at Brentford so maybe.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #128 on: November 9, 2021, 01:21:34 pm »
Lampard won't go there, given the position they're already in and the lack of transfer budget. In fact, if he does go there it only proves one thing - that he is far and away more arrogant than even many believe and rates himself far beyond anything he's ever achieved as a coach would suggest.

Hassenhuttl as has been said is bizarre - leave a Southampton team he has kept competitive on a small spend and actually has some talented players, for a less talented group, with less prospects and less money, at a smaller club? Don't think so. Smith or Wilder probably feels about right, though I don't know that Wilder's style gels with Norwich's identity. Smith did well at Brentford so maybe.

I thought Wilder took the Boro job?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #129 on: November 9, 2021, 01:26:09 pm »
he did
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #130 on: November 9, 2021, 01:26:59 pm »
Didn't realise. That feels a better fit.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 9, 2021, 02:19:19 pm »
If Ole had been sacked after our game, he wouldn’t be on Norwich’s shortlist.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #132 on: November 9, 2021, 02:20:31 pm »
If Ole had been sacked after our game, he wouldn’t be on Norwich’s shortlist.

Only because they know he'd be waiting for one of the big Spanish jobs, or Bayern.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #133 on: November 9, 2021, 02:20:50 pm »
Surely Dean Smith. Amazing timing so far as Norwich should be concerned. If Smith is prepared to take up another job so quickly, Norwich should be all over him. I think Villa were nuts to sack him.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2021, 02:02:40 pm »
Sounds like Lampard then.

The big question of course, is can Gerrard and Lampard manage together in the same league?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2021, 02:13:51 pm »
The fuck is fat Frank going to do with these?

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2021, 02:14:40 pm »

Relegate them and then struggle to a playoff position with the best squad in the league probably.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2021, 02:18:03 pm »
Relegate them and then struggle to a playoff position with the best squad in the league probably.
He'll also blame the players every time they lose.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2021, 02:18:49 pm »
He'll also blame the players every time they lose.

But only after he has made a light hearted joke to the interviewer
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2021, 02:23:15 pm »
Hardly gonna prove my point about keeping Farke by appointing that fat fuck, you fucking idiots :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2021, 02:24:23 pm »
Lovely, he's going to be embarrassed again. Good enough for him.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2021, 03:07:21 pm »
Massive increase in the local sales of Bernard Matthews products then.  A big boost to the local economy of Norwich, good news for the city.

Crap news for the football club, mind.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2021, 03:12:30 pm »

Get Delia to do his cooking.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2021, 03:33:38 pm »
Get Delia to do his cooking.

It’s funny that her best known feature is now a 3 minute pissed up rant
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2021, 03:34:37 pm »
Fat Frank will see them safe  ;D

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2021, 03:35:33 pm »
Fat Frank will see them safely into the championship   ;D

Finished it for you
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2021, 04:17:47 pm »

Closely followed by her mouth-watering Pineapple upside-down cake

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2021, 04:28:17 pm »

On balance, one might hope it never occurs to Delia to hire Giggs...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2021, 04:53:50 pm »
Really surprised at Norwich going for Lampard. They make a big play out of being analytics driven, and Stuart Webber has built a big reputation as sporting director. Lampard seems to fly in the face of that - I fully expected them to go for someone from overseas, as they did with Farke.

Feels slightly strange from Lampard's perspective too, certain relegation and while they've got promoted twice in three years, there's no guarantee he'll be able to repeat the feat next season.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2021, 04:55:28 pm »
Really surprised at Norwich going for Lampard. They make a big play out of being analytics driven, and Stuart Webber has built a big reputation as sporting director. Lampard seems to fly in the face of that - I fully expected them to go for someone from overseas, as they did with Farke.

Feels slightly strange from Lampard's perspective too, certain relegation and while they've got promoted twice in three years, there's no guarantee he'll be able to repeat the feat next season.

For Lampard, no-one is expecting Norwich to avoid relegation, but if they do it’s a massive win for him.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2021, 05:01:42 pm »
A new addition to the merry go round to replace the old guard?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2021, 06:44:22 pm »
A new addition to the merry go round to replace the old guard?

Yeah, this is what I was going to say.  Follows along with the Aston Villa thread in that there is a big issue in the UK for manager progression in that if you have a "name" you can get a chance but if you do it the right way and work your way up you basically have no avenue to make it to the PL.  Lampard in no way earned a chance at Chelsea based on what he did at Derby and certainly not another PL job based on what he did at Chelsea but here we are.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2021, 06:47:39 pm »
"Frank Lampard,
loves Delia's pies,
Frank Lampard,
loves Delia's pies"
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2021, 06:53:08 pm »
He will gain the necessary experience and be ready for us once Klopp leaves. :wave ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2021, 06:55:33 pm »
Lampard, Gerrard, Solkskjaer and Vieira all back in the Premier League but as managers. Where has yesteryear gone

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2021, 08:07:34 pm »
Yeah, this is what I was going to say.  Follows along with the Aston Villa thread in that there is a big issue in the UK for manager progression in that if you have a "name" you can get a chance but if you do it the right way and work your way up you basically have no avenue to make it to the PL.  Lampard in no way earned a chance at Chelsea based on what he did at Derby and certainly not another PL job based on what he did at Chelsea but here we are.

I do still think Lampard has some potential, but personally I don't think he'll amount to much because it's too easy to get rewarded for failure in football. Why try when you can earn literally tens of millions from being fired?

You get the impression with Gerrard that he wants to test himself - the test for him will be how he reacts to setbacks and failure if it goes tits up at Villa. I get the impression that Lampard is already just trading off his name.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2021, 10:14:51 pm »
I do still think Lampard has some potential, but personally I don't think he'll amount to much because it's too easy to get rewarded for failure in football. Why try when you can earn literally tens of millions from being fired?

You get the impression with Gerrard that he wants to test himself - the test for him will be how he reacts to setbacks and failure if it goes tits up at Villa. I get the impression that Lampard is already just trading off his name.

Lampard has already had and failed in the job that he wanted the most - Chelsea. Gerrard still needs to prove himself before he's in realistic contention for the job he wants the most - Liverpool.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2021, 06:11:23 am »

This applies all over the world but due to our lack of knowledge of, or involvement in, other leagues we see it as 'English exceptionalism'. Just look at Spain, Germany or Holland for recent examples where players with little or no experience have got jobs at top flight clubs. In Spain the big two have recently appointed big names with no discernible experience as managers.   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 06:16:13 am by jacobs chains »

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2021, 09:08:26 am »
Might still end up Lampard, but there were reports last night that Dean Smith interviewed really well and remains in the running.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2021, 03:05:43 pm »
Lampard has pulled out of the running, according to various reports. Although part of me wonders if he’s only done that because he knew they were going in a different direction.

Also wonder if Lampard might be a possibility for the Rangers job.