Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3470524 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #64600 on: November 28, 2021, 03:36:33 pm »
Good stuff, glad you’ve come through, J…

Thanks, mate.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64601 on: November 28, 2021, 03:44:55 pm »
Looking on the bright side, I guess this could mean that the AfCon could get called off?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #64602 on: November 28, 2021, 04:02:12 pm »
A mask doesn't protect you, it's not a condom. Masks protect others if you have infection, because they stop the droplets from spreading. If people around you are infected and you wear a mask, you have some, but small and probably negligible protection. Your breathing is still a path for the virus to enter your body even through a mask.

I’m not sure that’s correct. A mask will still provide some protection for the wearer but the best possible option is for everyone to wear masks in confined spaces as everyone benefits.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64603 on: November 28, 2021, 04:14:01 pm »
Over 450k booster/third doses administered yesterday, now over 30% of the population aged 12 and above .

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64604 on: November 28, 2021, 04:22:14 pm »
Thanks. Ive generally been working in a store during the pandemic and the level of mask wearing is down to very minimal. I probably need a mask not just to keep everyone else safe but myself.

The mask will be of some use imo,  but mainly if everyone is masked.  If you're one of the few masked ones there,  and you need to be wearing one for hours,  short of wearing a fully sealed powered air respirator system,  don't expect extensive protection with a manual filter mask of any rating as the evidence for airborne transmission (aerosols)  is strong, and you'll be getting exposed to this a fair bit from the unmasked if your store has a low air change per hour setting.  Best if you're in open air.

Personally,  I would prioritise ease and breathing comfort when choosing a mask,  so as not to cause issues there. The main protection will be from vaccines + previous exposure to the virus imo.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 08:03:30 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64605 on: November 28, 2021, 06:38:42 pm »
There’s defo too many daily mail readers in here  ;D

I’ll rephrase what I said then. There’s no hope, covid is here for good, things will never get better……

There are, and you can see them a mile off. To be fair even The Guardian weren’t great at reporting this last week. They basically quoted a series of tweets from a virologist at Imperial and created their own scaremongering headline/article because he said ‘horrific spike profile’, expected better from them. My brother works at Imperial and he said they weren’t happy with the headlines but this has happened all the way through the pandemic so it’s hardly surprising.

We’ll see how things progress over the coming weeks.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64606 on: November 28, 2021, 07:52:03 pm »
37681 new cases and 51 deaths reported today.  ‘weekend lull’ caveat applies.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #64607 on: November 28, 2021, 08:48:02 pm »
A mask doesn't protect you, it's not a condom. Masks protect others if you have infection, because they stop the droplets from spreading. If people around you are infected and you wear a mask, you have some, but small and probably negligible protection. Your breathing is still a path for the virus to enter your body even through a mask.
A condom doesn't stop you getting pregnant . It does improve your chances of avoiding child maintenance or being dad to an evertonian.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #64608 on: November 28, 2021, 08:51:40 pm »
A condom doesn't stop you getting pregnant . It does improve your chances of avoiding child maintenance or being dad to an evertonian.
To put it in a different way then, wearing a mask among infected people is like wearing a condom made of cheese cloth.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64609 on: November 28, 2021, 08:53:10 pm »

I wouldn't mind reductive explanations like this if it weren't for the typos.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #64610 on: November 28, 2021, 09:10:38 pm »
There are, and you can see them a mile off. To be fair even The Guardian weren’t great at reporting this last week. They basically quoted a series of tweets from a virologist at Imperial and created their own scaremongering headline/article because he said ‘horrific spike profile’, expected better from them. My brother works at Imperial and he said they weren’t happy with the headlines but this has happened all the way through the pandemic so it’s hardly surprising.

We’ll see how things progress over the coming weeks.

I think that is a bit harsh on Tom Peacock, he was calling out a new variant with a large number of potentially troublesome mutations at a time when nobody was talking about it, this wasn't a case of pouring fuel on the fire, it was more a case of calling attention to something of potential concern.

The actions subsequently taken by others since his comments, implies that he is not the only person concerned about this variant. While we shouldn't be in a panic this clearly deserves some vigilance until we find out a lot more.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64611 on: November 28, 2021, 11:22:05 pm »
To put it in a different way then, wearing a mask among infected people is like wearing a condom made of cheese cloth.
A mask (N95/FFP2, not cloth) does protect the wearer. Which is why FFP2 is mandatory in several European countries in settings like public transport or supermarkets; they protect both sides. Of course if you are in a confined space with ten heavily infected individuals close by and with them at the height of being infectious, then it might not help. It is not a hundred percent protection. But if it is just one person infected and (in addition to wearing the mask) you keep some distance, then yes, it can actually help you not getting infected. Masks are one puzzle piece of trying to reduce the spread of this disease and I honestly don't understand why some people are so vehemently against them. They are a small price to pay for some return to normalcy in certain circumstances.

Also, when talking about the size of virus particles, they actually mostly travel in droplets others breathe or sneeze on you, and as long as those are larger then 0.3 microns, they won't get through, i.e. the virus won't get through. Usually the virus does not float around by itself. Someone with better knowledge please correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know we don't breathe out pure virus, we sneeze and cough out bodily fluids that contain the virus.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64612 on: November 28, 2021, 11:43:10 pm »
Pfizer 2176 disclosure, yo, touchdown.

Meanwhile:
https://youtu.be/lOUdkMjIZSo

Now THAT is fucking scary sisters
 :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #64613 on: November 28, 2021, 11:52:00 pm »
Thanks, temp is normal I feel pretty good now.

Great to hear it. Glad you're well again :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #64614 on: November 29, 2021, 12:24:43 am »
Great to hear it. Glad you're well again :)
I'd just like to second that.

Good health, Jill. 😊
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64615 on: November 29, 2021, 07:42:08 am »
A mask (N95/FFP2, not cloth) does protect the wearer. Which is why FFP2 is mandatory in several European countries in settings like public transport or supermarkets; they protect both sides. Of course if you are in a confined space with ten heavily infected individuals close by and with them at the height of being infectious, then it might not help. It is not a hundred percent protection. But if it is just one person infected and (in addition to wearing the mask) you keep some distance, then yes, it can actually help you not getting infected. Masks are one puzzle piece of trying to reduce the spread of this disease and I honestly don't understand why some people are so vehemently against them. They are a small price to pay for some return to normalcy in certain circumstances.

Also, when talking about the size of virus particles, they actually mostly travel in droplets others breathe or sneeze on you, and as long as those are larger then 0.3 microns, they won't get through, i.e. the virus won't get through. Usually the virus does not float around by itself. Someone with better knowledge please correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know we don't breathe out pure virus, we sneeze and cough out bodily fluids that contain the virus.

Even at sizes lower than 0.3 micron an N95 / H11 grade filter will stop the virus particles just fine.  Remember,  0.3 micron is the hardest to stop,  smaller or bigger is actually easier in theory due to the design of material. As long as your filter is rated for efficiency.

For an overview
https://www.venfilter.com/normativa/comparative-guide-norms-classification-air-filters

G1-G4 are coarse filters,  only rated for arrestance,  not efficiency.  Incapable of filtering particles at the submicron (1) range.

M5 onwards,  the material is tested for efficiency (ie at 0.3 micron) ,  it will stop virus particles.  N95 is equivalent to H11 on european standards.

The issue is how its used. H11 is not meant for prolonged use as part of a manual filter mask.  Before the pandemic,  the main market for them was for surgeons in operating theatres (which are usually already filtered with HEPA filters),  30 -  45 minutes per use,  discarded after.  The PPE for nurses,  technicians,  prolonged use are lower grade,  prioritised ease of breathing for the required timescales.

Iirc boston sox red or something,  who worked in PPE supply was making the same points pretty much when this issue came up at the start of this all.

In terms of disclosure,  I have some background and interest on the HVAC side, even before the pandemic; the science around the transmission of Covid,  not my field,  same access to science journals and research as everyone else,  happy to hear from anyone in the field.

In terms of giving yourself the best odds,  work in space and open air if possible,  if not chat with your boss to maximise the ACH (air change per hour)  on your building's ventilation system. It'll up the energy costs,  so don't expect this is done automatically by management.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 08:15:21 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #64616 on: November 29, 2021, 09:42:55 am »
Was in the car briefly with my cousin last week, Thursday he starts getting symptoms and tests positive on the Thursday evening.

Saturday after work I start feeling freezing and then develop a tickly/dry cough, negative up until yesterday, positive this morning!  ::)

Gutted as well as was due for my booster jab a week today so that will have to be swerved.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #64617 on: November 29, 2021, 10:29:39 am »
The press are pissing me off with their reporting to be honest. We literally have to just wait and see.

Think Johnson has made the changes for 2 reasons

1. He got slated for acting too slow in the past

2. Deflects attention away from his horror show of a government
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64618 on: November 29, 2021, 11:04:36 am »
The press are pissing me off with their reporting to be honest. We literally have to just wait and see.

It is a real pain constantly seeing clickbait headlines and reporting every Omricon confirmed case when it was inevitable it would arrive here anyway, you just have to try and ignore it as best you can.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64619 on: November 29, 2021, 11:08:17 am »
another vaccine trial if people are interested, this time for an updated AZ vaccine for the beta variant: AZD2816. you need to have had your two jabs of AZ or an mRNA vaccine already.

https://bepartofresearch.nihr.ac.uk/trial-details/trial-detail?trialId=26654&location=Malden%20Way,%20New%20Malden%20KT3%205QW,%20UK&distance=9.1
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64620 on: November 29, 2021, 11:14:38 am »

but really he hasn't acted rapidly, he should've told the country to wear masks a few weeks ago before omicron was even being discussed.

there is an element of clickbait with some of the coverage, but ultimately if it's going to get people to take things seriously again i'm not that bothered. the right-wing papers are obviously setting this up so that BoZo can 'save' Christmas for everyone and for everyone to put the bunting up.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:22:18 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64621 on: November 29, 2021, 11:57:08 am »

For once, they have acted quickly, yet one of the reporters asked the question about if we could have done anything sooner......i'm no apologist for him or his government, but they seem to be taking this variant a bit more seriously

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64622 on: November 29, 2021, 12:10:03 pm »
Scotland and Wales demanding day 2 and 8 PCR tests for arrivals into the U.K. and for 8 days isolation:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-59457268

Really hope that this isn’t implemented as it’s going to end up costing me nearly £200 in tests when I was looking at £34 a week ago. I take Sturgeon’s point but ultimately surely the time to raise this was directly with Westminster prior to Saturday’s briefing rather than waiting until Monday and challenging the advice already issued? It just smacks of egotistical point scoring g with little regard for the people affected by it, IE the people with travel plans within the next few days who don’t know whether they’re coming or going in terms of testing requirements and isolation. It will be annoying for me but I can work at home for 8 days, many can’t do that and it scuppers their trip at the 11th hour, call me cynical but it appears to me to be an attempt to undermine Westminster rather than genuine concern, Johnson is normally capable of undermining himself without needing input from other governments to do so.

The whole thing is becoming incredibly tiresome and really annoying that the minute you get your head around a new set of requirements you have someone trying to change it, if they really wanted a consolidated U.K. approach then the time to do so would have been prior to any announcement rather than following one, surely? The cynical side of me say this is done knowing that Johnson won’t go for it so that if the shit hits the fan they have it on record that they wanted tougher restrictions.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #64623 on: November 29, 2021, 12:55:20 pm »
^^

Although, to be fair, Scotland and Wales have had tougher restrictions throughout - and Scotland has confirmed today that they have 6 cases of Omicron, so maybe that's why Sturgeon is calling for that.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64624 on: November 29, 2021, 12:59:06 pm »
^^

Although, to be fair, Scotland and Wales have had tougher restrictions throughout - and Scotland has confirmed today that they have 6 cases of Omicron, so maybe that's why Sturgeon is calling for that.

Possibly yes but if that’s the case then surely raise it on Friday, not now? Perhaps they did and Johnson ignored them which wouldn’t overly shock me but nevertheless it does at times feel that you’re a pawn in a game of political oneupmaneship.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #64625 on: November 29, 2021, 01:02:10 pm »
This sounds encouraging, albeit still very early days and based on limited observational data (though from a highly qualified source).

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/safrican-doctor-says-patients-with-omicron-variant-have-very-mild-symptoms-2021-11-28/

JOHANNESBURG, Nov 28 (Reuters) - A South African doctor who was one of the first to suspect a different coronavirus strain among patients said on Sunday that symptoms of the Omicron variant were so far mild and could be treated at home.

Dr. Angelique Coetzee, a private practitioner and chair of South African Medical Association, told Reuters that on Nov. 18 she noticed seven patients at her clinic who had symptoms different from the dominant Delta variant, albeit "very mild".

Now designated Omicron by the World Health Organization, the variant was detected and announced by South Africa's National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) on Nov. 25 from samples taken from a laboratory from Nov. 14 to Nov. 16.

Coetzee said a patient on Nov. 18 reported at her clinic being "extremely fatigued" for two days with body aches and headache.

"Symptoms at that stage was very much related to normal viral infection. And because we haven't seen COVID-19 for the past eight to 10 weeks, we decided to test," she said, adding that the patient and his family turned out to be positive.

On the same day, more patients came in with similar symptoms, which was when she realised there was "something else going on." Since then, she's seen two to three patients a day.

"We have seen a lot of Delta patients during the third wave. And this doesn't fit in the clinical picture," she said, adding she alerted NICD on the same day with the clinical results.

"Most of them are seeing very, very mild symptoms and none of them so far have admitted patients to surgeries. We have been able to treat these patients conservatively at home," she said.

Coetzee, who is also on the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Vaccines, said unlike the Delta so far patients have not reported loss of smell or taste and there has been no major drop in oxygen levels with the new variant.

Her experience so far has been that the variant is affecting people who are 40 or younger. Almost half of the patients with Omicron symptoms that she treated were not vaccinated.

"The most predominant clinical complaint is severe fatigue for one or two days. With them, the headache and the body aches and pain."

The news of the new variant emerging from South Africa prompted a swift reaction from several countries, including Britain, which on Friday imposed a travel ban on several southern African countries with immediate effect, a decision South Africa has strongly contested. read more

Since Friday, many countries have also banned air travel to and from South Africa, including the United States, other European countries, and some Asian nations.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #64626 on: November 29, 2021, 01:09:26 pm »
Possibly yes but if that’s the case then surely raise it on Friday, not now? Perhaps they did and Johnson ignored them which wouldn’t overly shock me but nevertheless it does at times feel that you’re a pawn in a game of political oneupmaneship.

That's a fair point - although, did they know about the 6 Omicron cases then - not sure ? But, yes, i think there could be an element of point scoring going on - but, for me, I'd sooner Sturgeon's approach than fuckwit Johnson.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64627 on: November 29, 2021, 01:13:48 pm »
That's a fair point - although, did they know about the 6 Omicron cases then - not sure ? But, yes, i think there could be an element of point scoring going on - but, for me, I'd sooner Sturgeon's approach than fuckwit Johnson.

I assume not, it was only released publically today.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #64628 on: November 29, 2021, 01:39:28 pm »
This sounds encouraging, albeit still very early days and based on limited observational data (though from a highly qualified source).

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/safrican-doctor-says-patients-with-omicron-variant-have-very-mild-symptoms-2021-11-28/

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. I am not a medical or medicine related fella in any capacity.

My friend who studies malaria told me last year when the news of delta was slowly coming out that virus evolution is going to make them more wide spread and less lethal. Is there a chance we are looking at something like that? And that the more evolutions/mutations a particular specimen has, the more stronger is the degenerative effects of the lethality. So if we are already in the midway point of this evolution, then a couple more evolutions later, it will cease to become a pandemic, become an endemic, and will fade off in 3-4 years where it will stay on like common cold.

Apparently the delta was the first major iteration of the evolution. This omicron is the second major iteration. Going by that, two or three more iterations (of significantly less lethality and significantly more transmissability)  is what its going to take to make it into a virus as a common cold.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #64629 on: November 29, 2021, 01:52:03 pm »
South Africa have taken this all very personally.
:D

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64630 on: November 29, 2021, 01:54:36 pm »

Did they not only first identify this variant last week? COVID symptoms tend to be mild to begin with anyway don’t they?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64631 on: November 29, 2021, 01:58:55 pm »
South Africa have taken this all very personally.

Not really.

A main fundamental in science is collaboration and support.  Do you think the rest of he world has collaborated with, and supported them, since they announced the new variant??

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #64632 on: November 29, 2021, 02:12:53 pm »
Had a horrible continuous dry cough all night last night and all day today. No fever or loss of taste or smell though. Ordered an at-home PCR test and self-isolated myself.

Tackling it with a mixture of stepsils, pints of water and lemsip

Really annoying as this is the first day of a weeks holiday. Now stuck in bed.

Hoping this is just a cold as I've not had one for about 2 years but obviously need to be sure. Had my 2 vaccine doses. My booster was due in January.

FML

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #64633 on: November 29, 2021, 02:20:26 pm »
Not really.

A main fundamental in science is collaboration and support.  Do you think the rest of he world has collaborated with, and supported them, since they announced the new variant??

They're upset that we're closing borders and say there's no science behind it. What support are they not being given exactly?
:D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #64634 on: November 29, 2021, 02:52:24 pm »
Had a horrible continuous dry cough all night last night and all day today. No fever or loss of taste or smell though. Ordered an at-home PCR test and self-isolated myself.

Hoping this is just a cold as I've not had one for about 2 years but obviously need to be sure. Had my 2 vaccine doses. My booster was due in January.

FML

There's a lot of the cold/cough [not Covid] virus doing the rounds. I came down with it a fortnight or so ago. Had both LFT and PCR tests, both negative, and since had a LFT (again, negative). Still struggling to shake it off now.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #64635 on: November 29, 2021, 02:58:27 pm »

FML
If I recall correctly, I was positive for a week before the loss of taste and smell kicked in. Same with my partner.

Anyway, I hope it's no more than a cold you have. Take care of yourself.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64636 on: November 29, 2021, 03:07:43 pm »
Booster jab now available for all over 18’s and the gap halved to 3 months. Whoop.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #64637 on: November 29, 2021, 03:23:45 pm »
Booster jab now available for all over 18’s and the gap halved to 3 months. Whoop.

Not sure how they are going to manage appointments, that’s literally 30 million odd people now able to book a booster.

Luckily, I’m having mine in 45 minutes :D
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #64638 on: November 29, 2021, 03:28:22 pm »
Not sure how they are going to manage appointments, that’s literally 30 million odd people now able to book a booster.

Luckily, I’m having mine in 45 minutes :D

Just caught the end of what Van Tam was saying and it sounded like people would be contacted because they don't want a 20 year old who is eligible getting a booster ahead of someone who is say 40.

My question would be if Omicron is resistant to current vaccines (which we may not know for 3 weeks), is it not better to wait until the vaccines have been tweaked, which can be done relativity quickly?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 03:31:23 pm by jonnypb »

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #64639 on: November 29, 2021, 03:35:53 pm »
Just caught the end of what Van Tam was saying and it sounded like people would be contacted because they don't want a 20 year old who is eligible getting a booster ahead of someone who is say 40.

My question would be if Omicron is resistant to current vaccines (which we may not know for 3 weeks), is it not better to wait until the vaccines have been tweaked, which can be done relativity quickly?

By the time tweaked vaccines are tested and manufactured were taking at least 3 months, every country will be after them so no idea when we receive them, then they will start with healthcare workers, the over 80’s etc so by the time they get to the likes of Treeless who has now only just become eligible for a booster it’s probably another 6 months til the updated vaccine becomes available to her.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.