Author Topic: Ban Vaping  (Read 3329 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Ban Vaping
« on: October 4, 2019, 06:48:33 pm »
Suck a bullet instead

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
Re: Ban Vaping
« Reply #1 on: October 4, 2019, 06:53:27 pm »
Vapers are almost as bad as smokers
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 4, 2019, 06:58:55 pm »
I agree - the cherry blossom, cheesecake, vaginal juice, flavour smoking rotters.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3 on: October 4, 2019, 07:14:05 pm »
I agree - the cherry blossom, cheesecake, vaginal juice, flavour smoking rotters.

And that's an actual flavour  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 5, 2019, 12:30:59 am »
Bullshit story. Don't have any belief whatsoever that we're in for him.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5 on: October 5, 2019, 02:40:13 am »
Bullshit story. Don't have any belief whatsoever that we're in for him.

Doesn't he play for Smoke City?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6 on: October 5, 2019, 02:55:29 am »
Apparently killed 17 people now ....

Fags is on about 300 million people so it's got some figures to hit
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #7 on: October 5, 2019, 05:37:09 am »
Suck a bullet instead

Blow backs too harsh
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 5, 2019, 05:47:35 am »
Vapists.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 5, 2019, 07:26:42 am »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 5, 2019, 07:59:04 am »

Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be.........

Gary Wilmot!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 5, 2019, 08:05:14 am »
Unless there are Passive vaping effects on non vapers, there’s no need to ban it. Beats the stink of smoke.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 5, 2019, 09:05:18 am »
Unless there are Passive vaping effects on non vapers, there’s no need to ban it. Beats the stink of smoke.

Problem is, we won't find out until hundreds of thousands, maybe millions have been affected. I was doing an ADR course the other week and the instructor mentioned vaping in the context of how we come up with these inventions that are not thoroughly tested and cause chronic conditions. PVC, Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), chlorine in swimming pools, asbestos - all things that we thought were great with we subsequently found as being either highly toxic or caused chronic problems.

Vaping should be banned in cars, solely due to the smoke, you can already be done for due care and attention

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #13 on: October 5, 2019, 10:01:25 am »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #14 on: October 5, 2019, 10:46:11 am »
Can't see the point of Dracula films.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 5, 2019, 10:55:09 am »
Problem is, we won't find out until hundreds of thousands, maybe millions have been affected. I was doing an ADR course the other week and the instructor mentioned vaping in the context of how we come up with these inventions that are not thoroughly tested and cause chronic conditions. PVC, Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), chlorine in swimming pools, asbestos - all things that we thought were great with we subsequently found as being either highly toxic or caused chronic problems.

Vaping should be banned in cars, solely due to the smoke, you can already be done for due care and attention

In cars, defo. It’s clearly a hazard. But generally you don’t see people vaping indoors in public so it’s regulated much like smoking. If you want to ban vaping, you’d have to ban smoking too.*

*i don’t smoke or vape btw.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 5, 2019, 01:06:26 pm »
In cars, defo. It’s clearly a hazard. But generally you don’t see people vaping indoors in public so it’s regulated much like smoking. If you want to ban vaping, you’d have to ban smoking too.*

*i don’t smoke or vape btw.

My worry and the point our instructor was making is that there haven't been any long term studies on any potential harmful effects. I'm not thinking of the likes of me who don't smoke, but those who vape and switched from the fags in the belief that they were safer. The vaper is still exposed to nicotine, the larger vapes produce as much formaldahyde as ciggies. The mother in law switched to vaping and sat there in the house vaping in front of the grandkids, I see parents in cars on the school run in clouds of smoke covering the kids.
Jurgen YNWA

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17 on: May 3, 2023, 02:48:04 am »
Not banning but a major increase in how they are regulated.

Australia to ban recreational vaping in major public health move

Recreational vaping will be banned in Australia, as part of a major crackdown amid what experts say is an "epidemic".

Minimum quality standards will also be introduced, and the sale of vapes restricted to pharmacies.

Nicotine vapes already require a prescription in Australia, but the industry is poorly regulated and a black market is thriving.

Health Minister Mark Butler says the products are creating a new generation of nicotine addicts in Australia.

Also known as e-cigarettes, vapes heat a liquid - usually containing nicotine - turning it into a vapour that users inhale. They are widely seen as a product to help smokers quit.

But in Australia, vapes have exploded in popularity as a recreational product, particularly among young people in cities.

"Just like they did with smoking... 'Big Tobacco' has taken another addictive product, wrapped it in shiny packaging and added sweet flavours to create a new generation of nicotine addicts," Mr Butler said in a speech announcing reforms on Tuesday.

"We have been duped."

Vapes are considered safer than normal cigarettes because they do not contain harmful tobacco - the UK government is even handing them to some smokers for free in its "swap to stop" programme.

But health experts advise that vapes are not risk-free - they can often contain chemicals - and the long-term implications of using them are not yet clear.

The Australian government argues they are a public health threat, disproportionately affecting young people, many of whom haven't smoked before.

Research suggests one in six Australians aged 14-17 years old has vaped, and one in four people aged 18-24.

"Only 1 in 70 people my age has vaped," said Mr Butler, who is 52.

He said the products are being deliberately targeted at kids and are readily available "alongside lollies and chocolate bars" in retail stores.

He added that vaping had become the "number one behavioural issue" in high schools. Some have begun installing vape detectors in bathrooms, Australian media have reported.

The health minister said the federal government would work with state and territory governments on potential penalties for possession of e-cigarettes unless they had been prescribed.

Reforms toughen already strict rules

Australia already has some of the strongest anti-smoking laws in the world. Mr Butler on Tuesday compared the new vape reforms to those used to reduce cigarette smoking in Australia to one of the lowest levels among advanced countries.

The reforms include a ban on all disposable vapes and a crackdown on the import of non-prescription products.

Scripts will be necessary for the vaping products that remain legal, and they will be required to have pharmaceutical-like packaging. Restrictions on flavours, colours, nicotine concentrations and other ingredients will also be introduced.

"No more bubble-gum flavours, pink unicorns or vapes disguised as highlighter pens for kids to hide them in their pencil cases," Mr Butler said.

However he said the government will also make it easier for people to get a prescription for "legitimate therapeutic use".

A timeline for implementation will be announced at a later date.

A handful of other countries, like Singapore and Thailand, have also banned vaping and Australia's medicines regulator - the Therapeutic Goods Administration - has been recommending reform.

The Cancer Council said the changes could "reverse the e-cigarette epidemic and prevent history repeating itself for a new generation of Australians".

But some politicians, industry bodies and health professionals say Australia should be relaxing its laws.

National Party leader David Littleproud has previously argued the country should emulate New Zealand's approach and regulate nicotine vapes much like cigarettes. Others have expressed concern harsher restrictions could see more people turn to the unregulated illegal market.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-65446352
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 3, 2023, 07:51:43 am »
I don’t think it’s Big Tobacco profiting from vaping. They are mostly peddling the heated tobacco kits as their alternative to vaping.

It’s good to regulate production and quality of liquids. Also probably good to ban disposable kits for environmental impact alone. Not sure what they might achieve by banning flavours, it’s just a preference for people. It’s how flavours are delivered that is the problem. If you’re only selling big bottles and kits instead of disposable plug n smoke devices - you’ve already eliminated a lot of youth from trying. It won’t be as practical or easy or cheap or cool to get into vaping.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 3, 2023, 08:09:59 am »
Ban won't be happening here any time soon. Especially as the goverment are planning to give away a million vape kits.

Mexico, Thailand (Nothing to do with TOAT (Thai state enterprise and the sole legal entity permitted to produce tobacco products in the country) of course), Singapore to name three countries have banned the sale and use of vapes and all it has done is created a black market.

If Australia are going to ban vapes, will they be banning cigerettes too?
« Last Edit: May 3, 2023, 08:13:15 am by CheshireDave »
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 3, 2023, 12:13:46 pm »
Yea because prohibition always works and never creates problems

::)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 3, 2023, 12:34:37 pm »
Ban won't be happening here any time soon. Especially as the goverment are planning to give away a million vape kits.

Mexico, Thailand (Nothing to do with TOAT (Thai state enterprise and the sole legal entity permitted to produce tobacco products in the country) of course), Singapore to name three countries have banned the sale and use of vapes and all it has done is created a black market.

If Australia are going to ban vapes, will they be banning cigerettes too?

We're banning unregulated imports and making sure that plain packaging and no/minimal flavours are implemented. They're supposed to be for people coming off cigarettes not as a new drug.

As for banning cigarettes, it's now $49 (£26) for a pack of 25. The new government has just implemented a 5% increase pa for the next 3-years. They're pricing people out of them. While also increasing revenue.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2023, 01:36:28 pm »
Go into any newsagents and the entire front counter is just full of disposable vapes. Tried one the other day as my younger cousin was puffing away on one, absolutely toxic. God knows what the effects are going to be in 10+ years time of these little kits that are made to look like sweets.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #23 on: May 4, 2023, 02:47:41 pm »
Legalize weed ban vapes

Or legalize weed vapes

I think Mary Jane is probably a damn sight safer than all the weird toxins and shit you get in a vape

This being Britain though the most harmful thing will happen. The opposite of this.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 4, 2023, 02:50:28 pm »
Go into any newsagents and the entire front counter is just full of disposable vapes. Tried one the other day as my younger cousin was puffing away on one, absolutely toxic. God knows what the effects are going to be in 10+ years time of these little kits that are made to look like sweets.
There's always a cycle with stuff like this.

New product comes in, competitors attracted to the market, scares over health/profiteering (depending on industry), attracts interest of Govt, then regulation comes in.

Then the less ethical of the competitors looks for the next booming yet to be regulated market.

I can't believe something that gets inhaled isn't subject to rigorous health checks before they are allowed to be sold to the public.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #25 on: May 4, 2023, 10:58:00 pm »
As someone who uses a vape, I love it, much better and cheaper than smoking. But they need to do something about all these kids who have started vaping, it should be a tool for people to stop smoking and nothing else and start clamping down on the shops that are selling them to kids, and possibly ban the disposable vapes as not only are they more popular with the kids but they also generate an awful lot of waste.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 4, 2023, 11:33:01 pm »

Anything that changes the climate in your lungs has the potential to do damage. Doesn't matter if it's pollen, pollution or strawberry-watermelon freeze, they all have an impact impact. Breathing in vapor is moisture and you know what loves moisture to create? Bacteria, viruses and fungi. And you know what those things in your lungs develops? Pneumonia.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2023, 12:03:13 am »
As someone who uses a vape, I love it, much better and cheaper than smoking. But they need to do something about all these kids who have started vaping, it should be a tool for people to stop smoking and nothing else and start clamping down on the shops that are selling them to kids, and possibly ban the disposable vapes as not only are they more popular with the kids but they also generate an awful lot of waste.

You're not using it for a tool to give up smoking tho are you? You love it. I've told my eldest son to smoke proper cigarettes before smoking a vape. Vapes are for those looking to suck mother's teet. At least you've got a pretense with smoking cigarettes.

edit: I was a smoker of about 30 years plus vaped for 3 years.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 12:12:41 am by Filler. »

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2023, 12:16:41 am »
I finally gave up smoking because for an hour - I lived the dream.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2023, 12:25:54 am »
There have been loads of long term studies on smoking and proven to be terrible for humans.

Still sold everywhere though.

Vaping is just another one of societies ills just like booze. Marijuana and loads of other fun drugs should be legalized as well. Booze and legalized gambling do so much damage to people and the people around them, I could never justify banning vaping when things far far worse IMO are totally legal.