Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 597716 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: Welcome Harvey
« Reply #2520 on: October 6, 2021, 09:12:33 pm »
I saw that injury live on TV and thought he was finished for a very long time.

Very impressed with the medical staff and of course I am sure his positive attitude seems to help too. It looked like a real career ender, glad it wasn't.

Same. Thought he would be on crutches for the next 2 months or so before starting rehab.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2021, 09:14:51 pm by RedForeverTT »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2521 on: October 6, 2021, 09:18:38 pm »
Same. Thought he would be on crutches for the next 2 months or so before starting rehab.

It's our magic pool,rumour has it that it's able to bring people back from death,1 of very few on the whole planet,nobody knows where the others are.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2522 on: October 6, 2021, 09:29:34 pm »
Worth pointing out that he is still on crutches and you can actually see them to the side of this picture.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2523 on: October 6, 2021, 09:34:36 pm »
Worth pointing out that he is still on crutches and you can actually see them to the side of this picture.

debbie downer man. debbie downer.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2524 on: October 6, 2021, 09:37:48 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2525 on: October 6, 2021, 09:46:54 pm »
Tepid has been on the Harvey agenda for a while now. The man thought he'd get less than six start's in pre season.  ;D

He'd have sailed past that by this month had he not got injured.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2526 on: October 6, 2021, 09:47:35 pm »
Tepid has been on the Harvey agenda for a while now. The man thought he'd get less than six start's in pre season.  ;D

He'd have sailed past that by this month had he not got injured.
Thought I said 14 or there about?
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2527 on: October 6, 2021, 09:50:14 pm »
Or 14.  ;D

Point is he was clearly in the first team picture and a regular starter before his injury.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2528 on: October 6, 2021, 09:57:33 pm »
Or 14.  ;D

Point is he was clearly in the first team picture and a regular starter before his injury.
I bet I’m right though ;D
W

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2529 on: October 7, 2021, 01:45:25 am »
It's our magic pool,rumour has it that it's able to bring people back from death,1 of very few on the whole planet,nobody knows where the others are.

:D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2530 on: October 7, 2021, 01:54:51 am »
Need some expert opinion on the fact he’s on the bike already.

Anyone without knowledge of medical practice will be baffled (like me) - how can you dislocate your ankle like that then be back training so soon :D

Obviously isn’t full body weight running but still, the bike involves some ankle rotation/movement.

It’s a stationery bike, which is very low impact compared with, say, actual cycling where you use more of your body and have to balance. Exercise bikes are basically chairs with pedals. The resistance can be set also.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2531 on: October 7, 2021, 06:50:16 am »
Thought I said 14 or there about?

I didnt think he would get anywhere near that in the league.

Ultimately we were one short in the midfield area and I didnt see Elliott in there (think most had him as an attacker). However now that he is trusted to play then unless we sell someone, we dont need to sign anyone in midfield.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2532 on: October 13, 2021, 07:39:17 pm »
Not far from coming off crutches according to Milner

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-milner-harvey-elliott-liverpool-21843741

To get compliments on professionalism like that from Milner is quite something
W

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2533 on: October 13, 2021, 08:27:21 pm »
Not far from coming off crutches according to Milner

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-milner-harvey-elliott-liverpool-21843741

To get compliments on professionalism like that from Milner is quite something

"You just need to keep that phone out of his hands, so I think it's good when he's on his crutches because he can't be on Insta and Twitter and all that!”

;D

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2534 on: October 13, 2021, 08:37:07 pm »
Knaby needs to sleep in it

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2535 on: October 14, 2021, 10:25:22 am »

Rupert Murdoch owns one, bathes in it regularly. The evil twat will still be spreading his hate 50 years from now.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2536 on: October 14, 2021, 10:55:54 am »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2537 on: October 14, 2021, 11:23:10 am »
He's 18, it was never going to be a career ender. :D

You obviously don't remember Wayne Harrison. Joe signed him as a 17 yr old, highly sought after and most expensive at the time at Ł250k. Injuries blighted him and his career was finally ended by a knee injury at the age of 23. Never played for the first team.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2538 on: October 14, 2021, 12:20:18 pm »

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2539 on: October 19, 2021, 11:31:11 am »
Just had a message on my phone asking “is this still available?” For a Foosball game

Anyways, I checked the profile and thought “aye aye” so I replied yes it is etc and then asked “Are you Harvey Elliots Mum?”

Turns out it wasn’t

Only joking, it was her and we spoke a little about her lad and Harvey his injury etc. She said she’d get back to me about the game when she speaks to the dad

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2540 on: October 19, 2021, 11:34:40 am »
You obviously don't remember Wayne Harrison. Joe signed him as a 17 yr old, highly sought after and most expensive at the time at Ł250k. Injuries blighted him and his career was finally ended by a knee injury at the age of 23. Never played for the first team.

It was 35 years ago and he fell through a glass window and suffered massive blood loss and loads of issues  - Pretty extreme injury a long time ago compared to Harvey picking up a football injury in 2021

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2541 on: October 19, 2021, 11:35:32 am »

Medical treatment has radically improved since Wayne’s day.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2542 on: October 19, 2021, 05:01:23 pm »
It was 35 years ago and he fell through a glass window and suffered massive blood loss and loads of issues  - Pretty extreme injury a long time ago compared to Harvey picking up a football injury in 2021

He recovered from that, then blew his knee apart playing for us.

Medical treatment has radically improved since Wayne’s day.

Careers can still be ended or stunted though, Ox isn't the player he was before his injury
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2543 on: October 19, 2021, 05:42:56 pm »
Rob, it's a fuckin' ankle injury in 2021 that happened to an 18 year old athlete in prime condition for fucks sakes.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2544 on: October 19, 2021, 05:56:15 pm »

Careers can still be ended or stunted though, Ox isn't the player he was before his injury

Ox had a whole raft of knee ligament and muscle injuries before we signed him though, the concern when we signed him was how injury prone he was. Then he ruptured his ACL which kept him out for a full year, recovered from that and then was out for 4 months last season with another knee injury. It's no surprise that's took its toll.

Elliot can make a full recovery and still contribute to this season, but there's always a risk it leads to more issues down the line (Wilshere's ankles for examples).

Often a problem with young players getting a bad injury is stunted development. Brewster was out for about 2 years with an ankle injury at Harvey's age which really hampered his development. Harvey should only miss a few months with this injury.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2545 on: October 19, 2021, 06:05:27 pm »
Ox had a whole raft of knee ligament and muscle injuries before we signed him though, the concern when we signed him was how injury prone he was. Then he ruptured his ACL which kept him out for a full year, recovered from that and then was out for 4 months last season with another knee injury. It's no surprise that's took its toll.

Elliot can make a full recovery and still contribute to this season, but there's always a risk it leads to more issues down the line (Wilshere's ankles for examples).

Often a problem with young players getting a bad injury is stunted development. Brewster was out for about 2 years with an ankle injury at Harvey's age which really hampered his development. Harvey should only miss a few months with this injury.
Wilshere was a nightclub fiend and smoked, he was always out in London at weekends and that is to blame for his injury issues, remember those pics of him in Vegas in a pool an absolute mess with a cig in his mouth and barely standing up, also point out Andy Carroll who was the same at Newcastle and us, never could stop the partying and boozing, i remember seeing a image of Carroll a week before pre season training with a pint glass at Glasto looking the quite worse for wear, constant boozing and dehydration impedes on muscle fibres and weakens them, absolute carnage for an athlete, it's why both were practically finished by 23-24 and just constant sicknotes after.

I remember Houllier's saying something along the lines of don't drink when you are a footballer, do it when you retire and you can buy a pub/nightclub.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 06:08:58 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2546 on: October 19, 2021, 06:15:06 pm »
Rob, it's a fuckin' ankle injury in 2021 that happened to an 18 year old athlete in prime condition for fucks sakes.

It was just an answer ages ago to someone saying something like 18 yr olds dont get career ending injuries or some such thing. I do know that Harveys injury wasn't, in the grand scheme of things, that bad.
Jurgen YNWA

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2547 on: October 21, 2021, 05:11:54 pm »
He's posted a vid on instagram of himself in the gym...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVSs3m9Kx7E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

So, for those who know a bit about these things - is this normal for this stage of rehabilitation? Or is he ahead/behind where you'd expect him to be? Or is it what I suspect is most likely: impossible to tell anything meaningful from this clip?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2548 on: October 21, 2021, 07:32:28 pm »
Need Welshred for that one…
W

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2549 on: October 22, 2021, 01:31:13 am »

I was reading that being 18 will help him with his recovery and return to pre-injury is highly likely especially given the high level of treatment and rehab he’ll receive (also, the club doctor treating him on the pitch will have helped with the ligament damage). The biggest barrier would potentially be his own fear of being injured again. Any loss in confidence with his ankle will affect his performances.  According to this article (written by a doctor of physical therapy):

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/09/harvey-elliott-injury-explained-expert-view-on-recovery-and-future-performance/

I have a friend who signed for City at 14 until he had a career ending injury (playing on the roodee in chester despite . This was back in the 80s and his ankle was smashed to bits not one or two fractures. He still was able to play at lower league level.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 01:35:03 am by Peabee »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2550 on: October 22, 2021, 01:33:37 am »
I was reading that being 18 will help him with his recovery and return to pre-injury is highly likely especially given the high level of treatment and rehab he’ll receive (also, the club doctor treating him on the pitch will have helped with the ligament damage). The biggest barrier would potentially be his own fear of being injured again. Any loss in confidence with his ankle will affect his performances.  According to this article (written by a doctor of physical therapy):

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/09/harvey-elliott-injury-explained-expert-view-on-recovery-and-future-performance/

Thankfully he doesn't come across as somebody who would let it get into his head,you only have to look at how he reacted from the moment he was carried off & the updates he was giving from the ambulance and hospital bed.

Lad cracks me up.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2551 on: October 22, 2021, 01:45:18 am »
Thankfully he doesn't come across as somebody who would let it get into his head,you only have to look at how he reacted from the moment he was carried off & the updates he was giving from the ambulance and hospital bed.

Lad cracks me up.

Agreed. When people were discussing his lack of pace, it was interesting to find out he has extra training from a speed coach to work on his pace. He’s got the right mentality.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2552 on: October 22, 2021, 07:15:37 am »

I have a friend who signed for City at 14 until he had a career ending injury (playing on the roodee in chester despite . This was back in the 80s and his ankle was smashed to bits not one or two fractures. He still was able to play at lower league level.

Elliot has one fracture.

We know that because the press release told us that they had repaired “the fracture”.

What we don’t know about is the ligament damage.  I suspect the only way we will ever know is from the time he returns to training.  If it’s similar to Gimes, then it wasn’t too bad.
W

Online semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2553 on: October 22, 2021, 08:44:18 am »
He seems to be going really well, but still on the crutches so a while off yet. I had a trimalleolar injury a couple of years ago, thankfully he only broke the one bone rather than 3, he got off pretty lucky with that considering the dislocation. The physios did a great job putting it back in place on the pitch, that can’t have been an easy job when you have a multi million pound footballers leg on your hands. I’m guessing he will be living with a metal plate and screws for the rest of his life, I hope that’s comfortable for him.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2554 on: October 22, 2021, 02:46:54 pm »
Maradona had metalwork in his ankle - it’s an omen!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2555 on: October 22, 2021, 03:50:49 pm »

I should be awesome then! 😎

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2556 on: October 22, 2021, 04:27:41 pm »
He had a plastic penis filled with urine to skirt the drug tests too. Hopefully Harvey takes just the metal...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2557 on: October 22, 2021, 04:48:05 pm »
He had a plastic penis filled with urine to skirt the drug tests too. Hopefully Harvey takes just the metal...
Which of us hasn’t?
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2558 on: October 27, 2021, 10:05:33 am »
The good news is that he is weight bearing now.  Doesn’t seem to have a boot on anymore.
 It sure what that means for recovery time, but it’s good to see progress.
W

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2559 on: October 27, 2021, 10:09:17 am »
The good news is that he is weight bearing now.  Doesn’t seem to have a boot on anymore.
 It sure what that means for recovery time, but it’s good to see progress.

Sounds like he could be back after the international break.