Author Topic: Paralysis Dreams  (Read 21226 times)

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
Re: Paralysis Dreams
« Reply #40 on: April 3, 2010, 12:13:44 am »
Haha Cruiser whenever I have a nightmare and it's close to the 'crunch' I can literally just wake up and go back to sleep. It's like hitting a reset button.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 3, 2010, 12:16:12 am »
When do you all get them? I get them when I'm just about to fall asleep, I imagine it would be worse if you're just about to wake up?

Once I got over the fear of these I have to say I really do look forward to them now.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #42 on: April 3, 2010, 12:20:01 am »
When do you all get them? I get them when I'm just about to fall asleep, I imagine it would be worse if you're just about to wake up?

Once I got over the fear of these I have to say I really do look forward to them now.

I had them when i'm drifting off and i've also had them when i've been fast asleep.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 3, 2010, 12:25:05 am »

Usually in deep sleep.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 3, 2010, 12:28:41 am »

i think i've only ever had them as i was getting to sleep as well, fortunately. maybe had one or two in deep sleep.

my worst one was one evening when i was in front of the tele with the light off, trying to nap. when it happened i remember it all vividly, as it was the most violent of mine. i was fighting to move and trying desperately to call for my mum who was the only one in at the time. i know that i made a noise, but it was literally me going "mmmmmnnnnnn" trying to shout but getting no words out. very strange. woke up really shaken and with the adrenaline really pumping!

had another few, one was very carmaggedon except it felt like i was watching people die on the windscreen of an abstract 3rd person car, but then i eventually became a part of the car that was killing so many people graphically (blood on windscreen etc). really felt like i was watching people die

another one, my first i think, had the 'evil presence' as a jaguar entering my room. it felt so vivid it WAS real! a jaguar came in and i felt terrible. tried to move, couldn't. tried to make noise, couldn't. just had to wait for a horrible 20 seconds as it slowly stood over my head, eventually opening its jaws to bite my face off. i was sure i was dead. at this point i woke up!

these experiences were pretty nasty but they were kind of exhilarating. i wouldnt wish them on others and i'd hate to have it as bad as those who get them daily/weekly, but having them here and there hasnt been so bad! break from the doldrums and all that. its the same with nightmares. i mostly dont mind them as its better than feeling nothing (unless your absilutely knackered) and thatfeeling you get waking up from a nightmare is amazing!
« Last Edit: April 3, 2010, 12:30:53 am by classycarra »

Offline Cribertinokes

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #45 on: April 3, 2010, 12:32:01 am »
I've only ever got them during the time I normally wake up. I'll admit that I only get them rarely and I started the thread cos I want the rush but hearing all the demonic stuff I'm not too sure now :S
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #46 on: April 3, 2010, 12:33:40 am »
I used to get them but haven't had one for a few years thankfully. Absolutely horrendous, especially the first time it happened.
 I'd wake up, completely unable to move, with the feeling there was somebody standing next to the bed. The feeling would be one of absolute terror. I would try to shout out but nothing would come out. The whole thing would be over in about 5 seconds when I would somehow 'jolt' myself out of it.
 Never experienced the feeling of something pressing down on the chest, although this is common, and there was never any noise.
 Not pleasant at all.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 3, 2010, 12:35:11 am »
Usually in deep sleep.
i've been fast asleep.
So are you suddenly just conscience but can't move? When it happens to me I start going asleep like normal, then I get a strange vibration like feeling through the body (this is where I can fight it off) and after that I'm completely paralysed.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #48 on: April 3, 2010, 12:37:44 am »
i've been fast asleep.
So are you suddenly just conscience but can't move? When it happens to me I start going asleep like normal, then I get a strange vibration like feeling through the body (this is where I can fight it off) and after that I'm completely paralysed.

When I had them it was after i had been asleep for a while. I'd suddenly wake up but completely unable to move. From reading this thread it seems people experience quite a lot of different feelings, sensations.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 3, 2010, 12:38:52 am »
i've been fast asleep.

Somewhat like that. I mean it hasn't happened just as I'm falling asleep but when I'm in deep sleep and suddenly 'wake up' with the paralysis.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 3, 2010, 12:38:59 am »
my worst one was one evening when i was in front of the tele with the light off, trying to nap. when it happened i remember it all vividly, as it was the most violent of mine. i was fighting to move and trying desperately to call for my mum who was the only one in at the time. i know that i made a noise, but it was literally me going "mmmmmnnnnnn" trying to shout but getting no words out. very strange. woke up really shaken and with the adrenaline really pumping!
Haha, Ive done the mmmmmmnnnnnn thing too.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 3, 2010, 12:45:23 am »
Haha, Ive done the mmmmmmnnnnnn thing too.

lol i dont remember how i can tell, but i know i made a sound. maybe it was a feeling in my throat as well as being conscious enough to hear it

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #52 on: April 3, 2010, 12:56:10 am »
So I've heard that when you sleep on your side they aren't as common.

Do those of you who get them sleep on your back?

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #53 on: April 3, 2010, 04:24:33 am »
Reason I'm on now is because I had one about an hour ago and can't get back to sleep whenever I have them. Lucid dreaming's proper funny though, dreaming with your eyes open and that.
hi

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 3, 2010, 04:39:27 am »
First time I've ever heard of this.

Never had paralysis dreams, and from the sound of them, never want to either.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 3, 2010, 06:16:53 am »
I always thought everyone could control their dreams.  I for one have been able to control my dreams for as long as I can remember.  But don't remember having one of these dreams and I'm happy for it. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #56 on: April 3, 2010, 07:12:33 am »
Only happened to me a couple of times, but not for years now. First time it happened it was terrifying, I just remember trying to scream and nothing coming out. Probably only lasted a couple of seconds until my body caught up with my mind. Your body needs to be paralysed while dreaming to stop it acting out your dreams, so if the body and mind are out of sync for whatever reason then you can get sleep paralysis. Or, and maybe this is more common, the opposite way around where the mind is dreaming while the body is awake ie sleepwalking/falling out of bed/trying to strangle the wife etc. At least that's how I see it.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #57 on: April 3, 2010, 07:52:33 am »
I've posted about this before. I've had sleep paralysis loads where I've literally been held down and I couldn't move or get a sound out but on the other end of the spectrum I've also experienced lucid dreams where I've set off wanting to fly and achieved it, higher state of consciousness and all that. I've never had an actual out of body experience though, my mate used to and it scared the shit out of him

Class A's help you fall into them...allegedly

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 3, 2010, 09:43:53 am »
i've been fast asleep.

I've had it like you when i've been falling to sleep and i've also had it when i've been fast asleep aswell. Both horrible experiences.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 3, 2010, 09:49:18 am »
Class A's help you fall into them...allegedly

I think that was the cause of mine. Used to get them all the time, but now i've stopped taking them I rarely get sleep paralysis these days.

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #60 on: April 3, 2010, 11:38:44 am »
I've only had a couple in my life but they're fucking horrible.
For those who aren't sure what I'm on about. A paralysis dream is a dream where you think you're awake but you can't move and you're completely frozen.
Whenever I've had one it's like I can see myself, like an out of body experience.
What are everyone else's experiences?

Trust me, I'm an expert on this sort of stuff...

Do you wear your underpants in bed?

if yes, check the elastic's still OK.

Thank you.

From the Country of Liverpool

Offline Cribertinokes

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #61 on: April 3, 2010, 11:43:31 am »
Woke up twice last night on my back and I thought 'oh fuck' but thankfully they were false alarms.

Offline CaptainHindsight?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #62 on: April 3, 2010, 11:49:15 am »
I get them when I sleep on my back. Horrible
I also get Lucid Dreaming, if that is the situation that you're dreaming and it starts with everything the same as when you went to sleep.
I'd say it sounds more like Lucid Dreaming if people are flying around their room out of their body...or maybe actually a mixture of the two which I get.

It's believed that lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis are reasons for stories of alien abduction.
The first time I got sleep paralysis I did think I was dead.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #63 on: April 3, 2010, 05:43:46 pm »
Apparently in layman's terms it's a very vivid dream in which you can actually control.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

I always get that, thought everyone did. It doesn't seem to last long and I alway always always try to have sex before it ends.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 3, 2010, 05:46:31 pm »
Apparently in layman's terms it's a very vivid dream in which you can actually control.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream
I get them all the time, and as fella above said - normally sex related, weird huh!
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #65 on: April 3, 2010, 05:48:50 pm »
I always get that, thought everyone did. It doesn't seem to last long and I alway always always try to have sex before it ends.

I get them all the time, and as fella above said - normally sex related, weird huh!

You're not dreaming about each other are ye?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #66 on: April 5, 2010, 03:12:52 pm »
I used to get this regularly for ages a few years back, to the point where it became so routine, there was no fear to be had from them anymore. Then they just vanished like Kaiser Sose. Petrifyingly scary in the beginning. Terrifying. Felt like a toone weight sitting on you, completely impossibe to screan no matter how hard you tried.

Offline jdecker

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: April 5, 2010, 03:25:59 pm »
I have these pretty regularly, Not lucid dreaming, but the paralysis part, definitely. I'm usually half-awake with my eyes open, but can't move a muscle and can't get all the way awake either. Doesn't scare me anymore (don't know when it started, maybe high school?) but just makes me kind of uneasy, and makes it hard for me to sleep well the rest of the night.

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #68 on: April 5, 2010, 03:28:55 pm »
I'm having them more and more often now.  I've even managed a bit of flying as well.  It's like being a kid again :D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 5, 2010, 03:39:17 pm »
I'm having them more and more often now.  I've even managed a bit of flying as well.  It's like being a kid again :D

That sounds more like one of these....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #70 on: April 5, 2010, 03:45:38 pm »
That sounds more like one of these....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience

Cheers for the link, Phil.  I'd interpreted it as lucid dreaming, such was the control I was getting over the experience.  As for out of body experiences, I still swear to this day, regardless of doctor's opinion of it being impossible, that I woke up mid-operation, when I was about 5 or 6 year old, and 'watched' it happening.  Strangest experience of my life.  No pain, but fully aware of what was going on.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 5, 2010, 03:49:41 pm »
Cheers for the link, Phil.  I'd interpreted it as lucid dreaming, such was the control I was getting over the experience.  As for out of body experiences, I still swear to this day, regardless of doctor's opinion of it being impossible, that I woke up mid-operation, when I was about 5 or 6 year old, and 'watched' it happening.  Strangest experience of my life.  No pain, but fully aware of what was going on.

Welcome mate. I had an experience like that aswell when I was a teenager, which sounded completely different to lucid dreaming
when I read up on it. Was extraordinary.

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #72 on: April 5, 2010, 03:52:00 pm »
Welcome mate. I had an experience like that aswell when I was a teenager, which sounded completely different to lucid dreaming
when I read up on it. Was extraordinary.

Linking to the theory that the likelihood is increased by sleeping on your back, I've noticed that, when in hospital on morphine, and obviously laying on my back unable to move my legs, I have them all the time.  Until recently, I'd always been scared though.  Quite looking forward to this next op :)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: April 5, 2010, 03:53:56 pm »
Linking to the theory that the likelihood is increased by sleeping on your back, I've noticed that, when in hospital on morphine, and obviously laying on my back unable to move my legs, I have them all the time.  Until recently, I'd always been scared though.  Quite looking forward to this next op :)

They're fascinating if you read up on them, some say you're entering the next realm whilst others say it's just a trick of the mind,
apparently people become experienced in having them and can control where they travel/fly to etc and can remember the details.
Would be some thrill if you wer ehaving them regularly.

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #74 on: April 5, 2010, 04:03:10 pm »
They're fascinating if you read up on them, some say you're entering the next realm whilst others say it's just a trick of the mind,
apparently people become experienced in having them and can control where they travel/fly to etc and can remember the details.
Would be some thrill if you wer ehaving them regularly.

I think that if you tell yourself you're going to have them, and get the blood rushing in your head a few times through the day, you're almost guaranteed.  Seems the case here, anyway.

I love the idea that you can access your sub-conscious and sort out the problems that are bothering you in waking life, although I'm not there yet, I've been getting excited at the control, waking up really happy, and enjoying the afterglow rather than getting back into it; which seems to be vital if you're to master it, i.e. keeping your body still and tricking your mind into believing your still asleep.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 5, 2010, 06:22:44 pm »
My mum had this a couple of times when she was younger and my dad gets it all the time, he's shit scared of snakes and in all of his paralysis dreams he's about to get killed by one so that can't be pleasant.

I quite fancy myself one of these lucid dreams though, must be a very cool experience to just do whatever you want.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 5, 2010, 06:47:38 pm »
Suffered from sleep paralysis a lot for around a year. Haven't had it for around 4 years now. Weird that.

When I first had it I honestly felt I was being possessed.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #77 on: April 5, 2010, 06:58:05 pm »
Suffered from sleep paralysis a lot for around a year. Haven't had it for around 4 years now. Weird that.

When I first had it I honestly felt I was being possessed.

I think down through folklore from different cultures, it was associated with being possessed. I remeber reading somewhere back when I used to get it that it was known as "old hag syndrome" or something to that effect.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #78 on: April 5, 2010, 08:00:35 pm »
Used to get these constantly a couple of years ago, there was another thread on here about them before where i mentioned them before.

Mine started when i dropped out of University and was just feeling a bit useless, drinking heavily, and then would get them several times each night.

Now I still get them but i would'nt say it is paralysis, have much more control and actually enjoy it when i get them.

Had the whole feeling of someone pressing down on you, screaming - no noise, completely unable to move, and a feel of an evil presense in the room, would actually have to move rooms and sleep on the sofa when i first got them, drove me nuts. Thought i would see faces in my room, really strange and scary at first but you get used to them.

Now i actually feel good when i get one, you just realise you are dreaming and then you're off!

Don't tell you're mates though, they'll think you're loopy!
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #79 on: April 5, 2010, 08:06:03 pm »
Ha, you just reminded me of a mate of mine who I used to be roommates with years ago. The fella used to get the night terrors something fierce!

Used to be woken up every night with a 20 odd year old bloke screaming his lungs out and swatting away imaginary flying worms! Funny as fuck and it happened EVERY night!